Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

Play @Gold Eagle

MP5GUY
    MP5GUY

Play @Gold Eagle Empty Play @Gold Eagle

Post  MP5GUY 12.01.10 23:20

Well let me first start off by saying that I was kind of desperate. Ever since S.A.C. broke my heart I have been wanting to head back indoors, and so I decided to try this place out. Overall experience I would give about a 8/10, but there were some MAJOR flaws. The cheating thing was the worst, with all of the blindfire, refs not watching, and the flat-out cheaters around. For instance, when the average player (by this I mean the %15 of players you remember) gets hit, he doesn't get out. That might be the main reason that my trips there will from now on be few and far between. The one other thing that disturbed me slightly was the mall-prices on everything. Now I understand that it is a mall, but when you elevate GI's gas price $10 you have to understand that seasoned airsofters might not be willing to pay all that. Now I know that those reasons might seem very unimportant to some, but I bought my dinner with half of what I would have paid for one can of green gas. Yes, I had to get a mask, no thanks to the website for giving a heads up. Yes i stood in line to pay for 43 minutes. Yes I approached the ref. midgame several times while thumbing the full-auto selector, loading a hi-cap, and training the muzzle at a shirtless country boy who can "dodge."

Now even though it had several faults, the guys at gold eagle are really good about safety. they had cardboard filters set up to clear your chamber for the kill room, and you did have to have the mags out. The staff was friendly, although I might still have my upgrades done with the "master tech" at airdog. The masks did lack, and even though mine was not fogged, my friend's mask was trashed with it. (I recommend cat crap) It makes a lot of sense that the owner knows nothing about airsoft, because I heard him talking about magazines, making no sense.

This place will do well for me until another CQB joint comes through, so for now I think I will stick with them.
    MP5GUY
    MP5GUY

Play @Gold Eagle Empty Re: Play @Gold Eagle

Post  MP5GUY 12.01.10 23:42

One other thing: If your name is Josh G..., thanks a bunch for letting me use that shotgun. It seems trivial, but I have your other mag (the 20rnd. shorty) sorry it was in my bag when you grabbed it back. pm me when/where you are playing and I can try and come also.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 13.01.10 2:42

glad you had a pretty good experience there. Maybe one day we'll have a full infiltration of actual airsoft players go in there and just destroy everyone there.
    gapairsoft
    gapairsoft

Post  gapairsoft 13.01.10 13:41

that would be awesome Very Happy
    i am haji
    i am haji

Post  i am haji 13.01.10 18:26

NJSC wrote:glad you had a pretty good experience there. Maybe one day we'll have a full infiltration of actual airsoft players go in there and just destroy everyone there.

its harder than it looks

-first of all, Cheating is a given... it will happen time to time. Dont mistake the refs for not doing their job because their doing the best they can with such a large mass

-Theres not a lot of place to move as in supressing and flank tactics: theres some cover on your side, no man's land in the middle and then their cover on the oppisite side

So the combat is basically exchanging fire back and foward of the opposing sides.

- Most of the cover felt like midget size to me so you have to cope with that as well

This is not the place to be competive, you'll have more fun just playing and not trying to win
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 13.01.10 18:43

i am haji wrote:
    NJSC wrote:glad you had a pretty good experience there. Maybe one day we'll have a full infiltration of actual airsoft players go in there and just destroy everyone there.

- Most of the cover felt like midget size to me so you have to cope with that as well
    ohh no midget size cover doesnt work for nic
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 13.01.10 19:40

Hey I can handle myself well there

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 9:11