Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+3
navyseal1000
Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
Airsoftguy238
7 posters

SOTHG Goes to Gold Eagle

Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

SOTHG Goes to Gold Eagle Empty SOTHG Goes to Gold Eagle

Post  Airsoftguy238 16.01.10 21:02

SOTHG got there about 11 and it was nice. There weren't too many people, the staff was friendly and all that good stuff. One of the refs with some Fox dirtbiking body armor was pretty rude to the younger players. He was nice to us cause we were older, but he didn't really put up with the youngins. Some of the refs didnt do anything. During the game brief a kid had his mask off INFRONT of the ref which is a no no and the ref says NOTHING. I then told the kid to put his mask down and he did. But so many kids were taking their masks off it was ridiculous. The first games were pretty nice very little amount of cheating. But on about the 3rd game I was using my scar and a guy was obviously visible through a bunker's window. I did a good burst at him(my scar is doing around 30 rps so I know he felt it) I saw the bbs hit his shoulder, so he turns around and shoots me several times in the chest drawing blood. I then told him I had hit him first, as I was walking away I was shot a few more times in the back... I understand it is CQB and they dont really do anything about MEDs but its common courtesy. I was moving up a wall ducking under a window, a kid sticks out his G36 and shoots literally a few inches away in the shoulder again drawing blood. As I stood up to go out another kid shot me! ANOTHER KID!!! But its common courtesy to just not light people up. On a few games I came around and flanked a good amount of their team hiding behind a bunker but I said call your hit as I easily could have lighted all of them up. The next game the bring a few more refs out which gave me confidence cheating would go down. I was ducked behind a bunker when about 4 guys run up to a set of tires and I gave a long burst and almost all of them called it except for one guy who literally sat there and just did full auto on me. The ref said I was hit and made me go out. I talked to him later and he said it was fairness which whatever I wasn't going to argue with him more. There was also an abundance of blind firing. I was inside one of their building structures when a kid sticks his m4 through the window and just blind fires right into me. There was also visible cheating on the side I was on. This kid was shooting through a window and was hit in the mask WHILE a ref was looking at him, and said NOTHING. I didnt wanna be a d--- and say hey guy I saw you get hit and have to deal with him. It was fun at first until when people really started cheating. Gold eagle's problem is the refs dont do much and they stand in one spot instead of walking and inspecting and they dont have a player limit. By the time I left it was probably around 30 v 30 which is WAAAAY to much for that place considering its probably about half the length of a football field. Would I go there again? Possibly. Did I have fun? Yeah most of the time. Was it worth the $16? I got 8 hours of play for $16 which isnt bad. Its something you should try and decide if you wanna be a regular and put up with that stuff.
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

SOTHG Goes to Gold Eagle Empty Re: SOTHG Goes to Gold Eagle

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 16.01.10 21:55

i had loads of fun today. cheating was just as normal as any other field so i didnt really have a problem. i liked the main ref. i player refed with him one round and he was cool and would call kids out that were shot. i pwned a lot and got shot a lot. i will definitely go back again after i get some field games in again.

i used my new ICS M4 today and it was pretty great. max brought two guns (scar and stubby), billy borrowed the stubby. both of his aegs pinion gears stripped out after the first few matches because max is a n00b. (jk). josh used his L85 and me with the ICS. the 4 of us took turns playing with an AEG (2 out of 4). the other 2 of us would run around without a gun until the SOTHG member with an aeg got out, the AEGless player would pick up his fallen comrades gun. this made the gameplay pretty interesting (lol) and i thought it was fun and crazy. max gets the award for most unreliable guns, just kidding.

the funniest thing of the day was all the players with spring sniper rifles. i was L M A O

like this --------> lol!

it wasnt as fun when it was crowded but i still had a BLAST and want to go again. the price is great. $16 for all day. there hours are from 10am to 9pm. we took a lunch break in the middle and went to the food court. i got tacos and then i was farting a lot the rest of the day.

im editing the several hours of footage of the field to be posted tomorrow i hope.

video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=subQ8KiCdtY

SOTHG Goes to Gold Eagle SSPX1355
    SOTHG Goes to Gold Eagle SSPX1354
    SOTHG Goes to Gold Eagle SSPX1352
    SOTHG Goes to Gold Eagle SSPX1350
    SOTHG Goes to Gold Eagle SSPX1349
    hehe
    SOTHG Goes to Gold Eagle SSPX1348

Last edited by Markerscope1 [SOTHG] on 17.01.10 12:07; edited 2 times in total
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 16.01.10 22:00

just my stubby pinion's stripped not my scar's
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 16.01.10 22:01

Max I igmire your judgement, some of the stuff I read up from these games just really ticks me off. Idk how you deal with it but if anyone who doesn't call their hits, I just lose it
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 16.01.10 22:05

navyseal1000 wrote:Max I igmire your judgement, some of the stuff I read up from these games just really ticks me off. Idk how you deal with it but if anyone who doesn't call their hits, I just lose it
    Wait until I post the pics of what happened
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 16.01.10 22:09

Also one thing to add is there were these two guys there with these annoying green lasers that were unbelievably unnecessary especially in a reeallllyyy well lit place. And also the snipers were so funny...but I know they were probably all over the fps limit
    airsoftsniper25
    airsoftsniper25

Post  airsoftsniper25 16.01.10 22:45

I agree with mark, i had a pretty good time through out the day. Cheating/not calling hits grew with the more players present. Too bad max didn't have reliable guns Razz but it was fun playing with a crappy spring pistol, filming, or player reffing and following the players i had problems with.

The green lasers pissed me off today. Lasers cause damage to peoples eyes and that is exactly wat these guys were using it for! BLINDING PEOPLE... They didn't use it as an aim assist or anything, they were purposely trying to blind people with it.

Hot guns... If you don't know, they are not strict at ALL. People opening up brand new KWAs and Echo 1 Stag arms boxes and being allowed to use them. I was even confused when i handed the guy max's stubby, he gave it back, i asked how it shot and this was his response "first shot was 300fps and the rest were 380-385 lol" im sitting here saying crap im not gonna have a gun to use today because it was too hot but he let me just walk away and i was allowed to use it. The best part was that later there was a guy using a KJW gas sniper! Im thinking, man those things shoot like 500 fps and he is allowed to use it in a CQB course??? wtf.

Overall, had a great time and plan to go back again. Not a place i would want to play ever weekend, maybe once every two months or something since the field gets very predictable and less enjoyable. But i would say try it out for yourself, don't be discouraged by the negative feedback many people have posted before
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 17.01.10 0:15

Max, Billy, one of my friends got blinded from a green laser at an airsoft game, those dumb idiot took away the passion of my friend the play airsoft, now because of those refs, my friend can't play airsoft anymore. We need to get Rhino up there with the Strafer..........................................

R.I.P. Smoke

Post  Guest 17.01.10 0:18

^ scratch ...................... lol!
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 17.01.10 0:47

navyseal1000 wrote:Max, Billy, one of my friends got blinded from a green laser at an airsoft game, those dumb idiot took away the passion of my friend the play airsoft, now because of those refs, my friend can't play airsoft anymore. We need to get Rhino up there with the Strafer..........................................

R.I.P. Smoke

im sure
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 17.01.10 1:03

pictures up ^ ^ ^ ^
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 17.01.10 2:11

navyseal1000 wrote:Max, Billy, one of my friends got blinded from a green laser at an airsoft game, those dumb idiot took away the passion of my friend the play airsoft, now because of those refs, my friend can't play airsoft anymore. We need to get Rhino up there with the Strafer..........................................

R.I.P. Smoke
    wat are u talking about cobs...
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 17.01.10 12:06

navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 17.01.10 12:15

Lol you guys found all that stuff in that dumpster
    airsoftsniper25
    airsoftsniper25

Post  airsoftsniper25 17.01.10 19:46

navyseal1000 wrote:Lol you guys found all that stuff in that dumpster

we actually found most of it just laying on the ground. We only found the spring and a few unjamming rods in the dumpster
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 17.01.10 19:48

R.I.P. Smoke
    so your saying your friend died from a green laser?
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 17.01.10 20:53

where was this mall at?
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 17.01.10 21:17

just some kid wrote:where was this mall at?
    its near mall of georgia in buford
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 17.01.10 21:18

Do you know the name of it? it sounds...interesting. the idea of playing airsoft in a mall sounds cool.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 17.01.10 21:20

just some kid wrote:Do you know the name of it? it sounds...interesting. the idea of playing airsoft in a mall sounds cool.
    The mall is called discover mills and the place is inside the mall.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 17.01.10 21:21

cool thanks. i might have to check it out one day.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 10:40