Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+3
xplodingbunnys
NJSC
Rhino
7 posters

Team IC at Gold Eagle airsoft!

Rhino
    Rhino

Team IC at Gold Eagle airsoft! Empty Team IC at Gold Eagle airsoft!

Post  Rhino 28.12.09 0:48

Well we all had a free day and nothing to do so we all decided that we would car pool up to Gold Eagle and see what it was about. We brought some of our Elite gun and made the trip. Store and field open at "12" we were there right at 12 and the owner told us and everyone else waiting that it would be about 15 more mins because they were still cleaning up bb's. So we all had to wait outside of the store in the middle of the mall. It ended up being 12:30 before we were allowed in just to have to fill out waivers and wait in line to pay, this was all stuff we could have done when the refs were cleaning the field! Im not going to get into all the illegal guns that were on the field but I'll just say I saw brand spanking new KWA M4A1's coming out of boxes and echo1 CPW's in which both of those guns shoot 380-410 fps (field limit was 350), There was 75 people there in 10,000 square feet! affraid The ref staff was VERY nice and did an AWESOME job with safety minus the illegal guns. The head ref said the field limit is 150! affraid but they have had 175 on the field before. It is WAY too small for those kinda numbers! There is only 2 mins in between games so no down time!

There was a TON of cheaters!!! refs had to call out several people that we shoot out, On one occasion I shot a guy (who didnt see me) from about 25 feet away with a 3 round burst from my MP5 (it only does single and 3 rnd) all 3 shots hit his shoulder he ducked back down behind the bunker just to reappear so I promptly gave him another 3 rnd to the shoulder, he ducked back down just to come up again so I prompt called him out just to have him light me up full auto right in the face (thank god for the full face mask) he didnt let up for about 20-25 shots, in which I didnt move I just keep trying to call him out. To make a longer story short the ref knew what happened and the guy tried to say I was shooting him with full auto from under 10 feet (it was more like 25-30 feet away and my gun doesnt do full auto with the mosfet programmed for 3 rnd only) the ref told him to sit out and he did. After that the guy comes to me and said I shot him with full auto. I told him my gun only did 3 rnd, he told me to count the marks on his shoulder which was 4. I told him that was from the 2 different 3 rnd burst I did on him. He said the first 3 rnd burst hit his arm not his shoulder. The funny part of this is he admitted to the fact that all shots connected but yet he never called out and then committed to lighting me up full auto in the face! Can anyone say cheater! Another time Russel shot a guy (1 shot) in the back from 3-5 feet away the guy doesnt call it nor did he turn around so Russel shot another single shot, still nothing, next was a 2 round to the back still nothing so Russel finally banged on the bunker and had to tell the guy he was out! 4 shots from 3-5 feet away with a gun that does 350fps he felt it no doubt!

It was fun and before we knew it it was 4:00 we stayed until about 445 then had enough. Everyone (the refs and just normal adult players) kept saying how those guys were cheating like hell and how they were glad they were on our team because we were legit and good players. All the staff invited us back and really thanked us for coming out and be such good sportsman like players!

Now the question would I go back??? Yes I would but I would not go there expecting legit games or fair game play. There was A LOT of kids from 7-10 years old (no age limit). All games were death matches so it gets old pretty fast.

Here are a few pictures from later in the day.

Team IC at Gold Eagle airsoft! 008-13
    Team IC at Gold Eagle airsoft! 013-12

We had the best weapons there for sure. NO part of the staff even knew what my Tavor was. One guy said wow what is that a Talon??? They thought Trent's SD MP5 (that we borrowed from him since he couldnt make it) had a sick rate of fire at 20-22 rps. That was before they heard my Tank doing 51rps or the Tavor at 28. There was a few people that had Nice load outs but most of the people were just starring at us like we were elite. We had like 15-16 guns between the 6 of us and just tons of gear. Anyways thats my story! hope I didnt bore you guys
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Team IC at Gold Eagle airsoft! Empty Re: Team IC at Gold Eagle airsoft!

Post  NJSC 28.12.09 0:55

Man I wish I would have known I didn't do anything this after noon and it's like 8 miles from my place.
    xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Post  xplodingbunnys 28.12.09 0:57

I also went up their not to long ago to c if i would ever play their. And every thing you said about the people cheating is SOOOOOOOO true. U can c players get hit like 20 times and they just go right back down. And the course gets boring after a while to.
    xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Post  xplodingbunnys 28.12.09 0:58

xplodingbunnys wrote:I also went up their not to long ago to c if i would ever play their. And every thing you said about the people cheating is SOOOOOOOO true. U can c players get hit like 20 times and they just go right back down. And the course gets boring after a while to.
    If you guys ever go back up their give me a ring, i would like to play some speed ball.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 28.12.09 1:03

NJSC wrote:Man I wish I would have known I didn't do anything this after noon and it's like 8 miles from my place.

Sorry NJ it was kinda a last min thing and just a spur of the moment decision on my part.

PS thanks for my Christmas gift! I use it everyday!!!!!!!! Your awesome! I was totally not excepting that!
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 28.12.09 1:09

Glad it works for you dude! I would have loved to just come down and watched some serious punishment being handed out. Glad they are better with their safety.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 28.12.09 1:14

Yeah the head ref admitted that a few months ago it was terrible! They still have some safety issues like when your sitting in the kill box (no masks on) bbs go zinging into the kill box from above. you continue get hit by bbs if you sit out a game. so they really need a roof over the kill box. They said they are trying to enclose the entire kill box in plexiglass. But they are REALLY good about making sure everyone has mags out and has done a clearing shot before entering the kill box.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 28.12.09 1:16

Did they make you buy their bb's?
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 28.12.09 1:17

NO. We brought 10,000 with us and no one said a thing. hell they didnt even give the 1000 we were suppose to get with entry. We didnt ask anything about bbs and they didnt say anything.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 28.12.09 2:52

Yeah one kid came up to me and was like is that a MASADA??? I never thoughtI would actually get to see one in real life!!! lol, but yeah definately lots of players not calling hits, man even once rhino had me move up to a bunker to bunker this kid and i pop up and shoot him in the back abot 5 feet away and my MASADA is quite and he didnt call it. Then i shot him one more time and still he kept shootin, so finally i took my hand and just banged on the bunker and yelled player your hit and he just whipped around and was scared to death. It was sorta redicilious but funny at the same time. Staff was definately some cool guys, but field definately needs improvements.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 28.12.09 10:17

Glad you guys had a good time. It's not really a place to go every weekend, but every once in a while it would be good to mix it up.
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 31.12.09 1:18

you guys look worn in the pics haha. i wanna go. sounds like an adrenaline rush. shooting mixed with anger of cheaters.
    i am haji
    i am haji

Post  i am haji 31.12.09 18:16

#CW!!ZERO wrote:Yeah one kid came up to me and was like is that a MASADA???

lol... at least he wasnt like "IS THAT A ACR!?!!??! THATS MY FAVORITE COD GUN"

am i the only one that gets fustrated when people ask "is that a red dot or holographic?"
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 31.12.09 21:12

Thats what a couple kids did ask me.
    Griffin

Post  Griffin 31.12.09 23:45

I went up there with Umbrella and another friend of mine. And only problems were that it took a lot of time to wait in line and pay. And peol;e cheating. But they had good refs and they made us wear our face masks pretty much the whole time. Def alot of little kids and cheaters. But no matter where you go you will find people cheating. Just more at GE. Im going again this saturday with a few friends, would like to see some of you guys there!
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 01.01.10 0:20

We definitely wont be going back for a little while.
    Griffin

Post  Griffin 01.01.10 0:31

Why not? Alot of cheating that day?
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG]

Post  Markerscope1 [SOTHG] 01.01.10 0:35

Griffin wrote:Why not? Alot of cheating that day?

ha. read the first post.
    Griffin

Post  Griffin 01.01.10 0:45

I did, but i think its only going to get better if more experienced players keep going.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 01.01.10 0:58

Well since the team that goes there the most is the team we had the most trouble with then we definately wont be going anytime soon
    Griffin

Post  Griffin 01.01.10 12:36

What team was that, (PM me if you dont want to say it on here).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 17:44