Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+7
Rhino
Lone Wolf
Admin
{ACE}Steve-o
'Z'
Rambo
NJSC
11 posters

Break down of the last 24 hours... very funny if you are not me

NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Break down of the last 24 hours... very funny if you are not me Empty Break down of the last 24 hours... very funny if you are not me

Post  NJSC 01.09.10 22:07

Before anyone askes, yes this is a true story and happened to me.

Break Down of the last 24 hours
    8/31
    9:20 AM
    Mom called during staff meeting. Ignored. Texted "In staff meeting is this an emergency?"
    Reply: "Can you pick me and Laura up at Atlanta Airport and drive us to Augusta"
    I texted back "Sure lol"

12 PM
    Called Mom to talk about big issues with the pregnancy with Candice. She says we don't have to come pick her up any more.

9PM
    Mom asks if I could still pick her up and take her and Laura to Augusta. I agree.

9:25 PM
    Facebook post: "Okay this may sound weird but is there anyone in the Greater Atlanta Area who wants to ride with me to Augusta and back tonight? I kind of need someone who I like to help keep me awake."
    Also a few phone calls made to people to see if they wanted to go.

9:33 PM
    Kevin Blackwell agrees to go.

11PM
    Pick up Kevin.

11:40 PM
    Arrive at Airport. Many phone calls to Mom and Laura... no answer

11:50 PM
    2 Cups of coffee at a diner close to the airport and conversation with Kevin.

9/1
    12:30 AM
    Back at airport. Still no answer after many calls. Bathrooms closed. Meet a Haitian woman who has 20 grandkids from Miami. Then I meet Charles and start talking to Charles about God.

12:50 AM
    Still talking to Charles about God.

1:00 AM
    Buying Charles a cheeseburger at Wendy's in the airport.

1:05 AM
    Mom's plane lands

1:15 AM
    Meet Mom and load the Jeep up.

1:20 AM
    On the road to Augusta and have lots of good conversation with Kevin

3:50 AM
    Drop Mom and Laura off in Augusta, turn around and head back to Atlanta

4:25 AM
    Getting tired and eyes get heavy. Looking for Gas Station

4:27 AM
    Jeep hesitates and skips a little bit... now wide awake, and desperately seeking a gas station.

4:40 AM
    Sign for BP Gas Station!

4:42 AM
    Pull up to BP... closed...

4:45 AM
    In depth discussion about whether to stay at the gas station till it opens or go down to the next one.

5:00 AM
    Gas station still closed. After using Kevin's iPhone to look up the next gas station we finally decide to head to the Koziers Aamaco.

5:16 AM
    We pass the place where Koziers Aamaco is supposed to be. "Dat der green dot passed dat der red dot."

5:17 AM
    Decision to keep going forward to the next station is made.

5:20 AM
    Passed the point of no return

5:25 AM
    no more gas... no more forward motion... middle of no where.

5:26 AM
    Get 1 bar of service and see the next gas station is 8 Miles up the road.

5:34 AM
    Started walking and trying to hitchhike. Logging trucks are passing as are the occasional jerk who speeds up as they pass

5:38 AM
    Kevin sees a shooting star

5:42 AM
    Kevin is peeing on the side of the road

6:00 AM
    Still walking

6:10 AM
    Still walking... hearing coyotes

6:11 AM
    Discussion on horror movies that start out with a broken down vehicle in the country

6:37 AM
    See well kept up land scaping.

6:40 AM
    Walking pass a golf course. I decided to call the number on the sign.

6:41 AM
    After talking with a man find out that we have about 4 miles left to go. I offer to pay him $20 to take us. He accepts.

6:42 AM
    Kevin and I celebrate like little girls as a pickup truck pulls up.

6:47 AM
    Arrive at gas station... no gas cans.

6:50 AM
    Find the only mechanic/auto parts store in town and buy a gas can.

6:53 AM
    Fill up the gas can and head back.

6:58 AM
    Can't figure out how to attach the spout to the gas can.

7:03 AM
    Guy who picked us up figures it out and we fill the Jeep up.

7:05 AM
    Back on the road.

7:29 AM
    Very tired again and not able to continue. Kevin suggests power nap and energy drink.

7:37 AM
    Pulled into a gas station and have a good power nap and Monster Energy Drink

8:02 AM
    Back on the road with Project 9-6-1 giving us lots of great music to jam to.

9:44 AM
    Drop Kevin off.

10:00 AM
    Arrive Home.

10:02 AM
    Asleep on couch.
    Rambo
    Rambo

Break down of the last 24 hours... very funny if you are not me Empty Re: Break down of the last 24 hours... very funny if you are not me

Post  Rambo 01.09.10 23:07

id say you had a great time Very Happy
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Break down of the last 24 hours... very funny if you are not me Empty Re: Break down of the last 24 hours... very funny if you are not me

Post  NJSC 01.09.10 23:08

It was definitely an adventure
    'Z'
    'Z'

Post  'Z' 01.09.10 23:18

Dude I don't even know know and I actually had a great time reading that. Sounds like an amazing adventure...
    I greatly liked the part where you talked to that guy about God. Like I said I don't know you and I don't know if your a Christian or whatever but you earned some respect in my book.
    Thanks for sharing Wink

-'Z'
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 01.09.10 23:24

I'm a professional Christian
    'Z'
    'Z'

Post  'Z' 01.09.10 23:29

Well I don't know what the professional part means =P But I am a Christian as well, or as I prefer, a Christ follower (just meaning a more in depth relationship).
    I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring your post fully off topic Wink But truly, much respect to you.

-'Z'
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 02.09.10 3:43

'Z' wrote:Well I don't know what the professional part means =P But I am a Christian as well, or as I prefer, a Christ follower (just meaning a more in depth relationship).
    I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring your post fully off topic Wink But truly, much respect to you.

-'Z'

NJ is a youth pastor.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 02.09.10 7:52

I read this on your blog last night and many lulz were had.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 02.09.10 13:59

Awww and that trip to the white castle wasn't in there.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 02.09.10 14:16

Man I missed a fun evening!!!
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 02.09.10 17:14

haha nice one
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 02.09.10 18:37

haha 20 grandkids..
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 02.09.10 20:47

Rhino wrote:Man I missed a fun evening!!!
    I know dude! Would have been cool if you had been off the next day. There will be other road trips.
    firby911
    firby911

Post  firby911 04.09.10 23:42

I saw you post updates on facebook/twitter feed or however they go together, about this lol,pretty funny not going to lie.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 05.09.10 0:25

yeah dude it was pretty much one of the craziest nights I have had in a while.
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 05.09.10 17:25

While your off galavanting around the middle of no where i was at work i would have rather been on this mission you went on, sounds like an INTERESTING time suppressingly you didnt find Waldo. Glad your safe and all went well

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 11.05.24 16:46