Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+43
#CW!!ZERO
sgtgray
LORD TYRANT
Crazy Twitch
xyzpdq0121
theangryschnoodle
Thrush
G force
dustinlanham
bbuba68
Blaze
zachbarren
sniper2525
BIochemist
wolf six
Rhino
HavenUnitOctopus
Rambo
Esteban
capt_camo
savoy6
flipa
NJSC
Badfish
Blackhawk 5
Andy
fallout11
n2daizo123
Takfire
AlphaRomeo
Retherford
Twitch
ownage1
ILovePie:)
gapairsoft
-a|ex
Ghost
poopdaddy
just some kid
Bulldog94
superchrisguy
Gunny1.5
Garrett
47 posters

The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA

AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA - Page 6 Empty Re: The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA

Post  AlphaRomeo 26.02.11 21:00

Aggressor wrote:AlphaRomero : "However, I dare you to find me one real soldier with a real M-4 who has ever sprayed 300 real rounds at one target"

I'll tell you a story about a FOB that one of our instructors, Col. Rosso (formerly in the Ranger Batt in Afghanistan) told us. In the middle of the night, a mortar hit a FOB that the then Major Rosso was stationed at, single round, wounding 2 individuals, killing one. The response by the commander of this FOB, a Special Forces Col., ordered the utter destruction of all the hill tops around their FOB, using mortars, large artillery pieces, Apache helicopter strikes, A-10 Warthog strikes, and an F16 flown mission using incendiary bombs. In the aftermath, patrols were sent out to determine the effect of the retaliation. No bodies (not even remnants), no equipment, nor any evidence of any enemy troops were found. So, there is a soldier, an EXTREMELY qualified one at that, who ordered the firing of well over 300rnds of ordnance, and probably over 500,000$ dollars of equipment, onto not ONE target, but NO target.
    Okay, clearly you misunderstood me. There is no soldier who has a 300 round mag for his M-4 that he can dump on one single PERSON and I doubt many people will cycle through 10 30-round mags at one person. I know it happens with artillery and machine guns, but I specifically said M-4 and you responded with a story about artillery. You would probably know better than me, however, as I am not in the military. I know recon by fire works in some instances, but I'm sure you agree that overshooting happens a lot in airsoft. If that's your style, then we'll find a way to make it work.

Anyway, if anyone is worried about 2000 rounds not lasting them for their three lives before they have to go to respawn anyway, let me know so I can plan your team's missions accordingly, as those people will obviously remain more effective if their AO includes a place they can reload without having to walk that far.

Last edited by AlphaRomeo on 26.02.11 22:16; edited 2 times in total
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA - Page 6 Empty Re: The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA

Post  poopdaddy 26.02.11 22:10

saws
    ) support gunners(m249,m240bravos,M60) will be allowed to carry 5000 rds in mags. That would give them 2 box mags. When they are out, they will follow reloading rules.

ok
    5k rds
    but these are full auto guns.
    can you use them at night?
    if you have a saw and carry a back up like a m4 is it 5k total
    or 5k saw 2k m4?
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 26.02.11 22:14

poopdaddy wrote:saws
    ) support gunners(m249,m240bravos,M60) will be allowed to carry 5000 rds in mags. That would give them 2 box mags. When they are out, they will follow reloading rules.

ok
    5k rds
    but these are full auto guns.
    can you use them at night?
    if you have a saw and carry a back up like a m4 is it 5k total
    or 5k saw 2k m4?
    Can't use them at night (I guess you could if you had a MOSFET to make them shoot on semi) because they are full auto only.
    5000 is still the max for your combined weapons. Can't make it 7000 by adding another gun. A SAW plus a rifle would be a pain to carry too.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 26.02.11 22:47

Savoy6, Twitch's "percieved tactical awesomeness" probably comes from his 3 years spent in the 82nd Airborne, who he is STILL with. I'm not saying he is some super hooah killing machine, but he is certainly more qualified than 99% of airsofters out there, especially in making a judgement call on matters such as these.

ok..the issue about reloads ,mags,etc. has been asked and answered by the event organizer....done deal......go to the game or don't...it's your choice as consumers..

my issue was with the statement that "Scared of getting shot form 5 feet away on full auto by a 30 RPS 420 FPS gun? Shouldn't have come in the first place then. Man up. "...i can't speak for anyone here but me but in my time in this ,this is for fun for me....i go out, call my hits,not blind fire,or do other stuff to be a danger to myself or other people...but in the last 5 years or so i keep hearing this sort of thing coming out of folks that are not looking to do the above items...not saying twitch is one....but my reaction was to the attitude inherent in the statement.
    if twitch is as experienced as you say he is...his field craft and weapons handling should put him ahead of 99% of the airsofters out there....no question ,and he is right about unit SOP at the squad and platoon level differing in day to day operations from battailon or regimental standard..that being said,given the differences in performance of airsoft weapons vs. real steel, saying that you should only carry x number of mags because"that's what they do for real in the field" is an apples and oranges comparison.....
    agressor,
    as for the whole "recon by fire thing"...little or no real application in AS given most peoples over estimations of their weapon's range in alot of situations during the day and their tendency to fire WAY high at night...just a waste of ammo and time that could be better spent closing with the targets......it's a reaction to contact issue vs. countering contact by just burning up ammo in the general direction of the threat...
    also ,the story you relate really does show that the events related accomplished nothing other than making the guys in the post look foolish ,dangerous and wastefull to both the locals and the enemy....saw the same sort of thing happening on a regular basis on "Restrepo".....funny how both the vietnamese and the north koreans and chinese used to do the same thing to get us to give away firing positions and work our response times into their planning...

Last edited by savoy6 on 26.02.11 22:56; edited 1 time in total
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 26.02.11 22:54

Okay, bottom line. I played with y'all (Task Force Dagger, I hope you're the same TFD) last weekend and I do like you guys. Disagreements aside, I hope you guys come out and play. Even with maybe a bit less ammo than you're comfortable playing with, you can have fun and do some damage to our Enemies to the Southern North. So, MilSim, not MilSim, whatever you want to call it, let's unite and kick some SC butt. You saw what they did to those "Ga" guys in the video. They've got it coming to them. By the way, if anyone wants a look at the SC CO, he was the guy doing the shooting in that video.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 26.02.11 23:12

AlphaRomeo wrote:Okay, bottom line. I played with y'all (Task Force Dagger, I hope you're the same TFD) last weekend and I do like you guys. Disagreements aside, I hope you guys come out and play. Even with maybe a bit less ammo than you're comfortable playing with, you can have fun and do some damage to our Enemies to the Southern North. So, MilSim, not MilSim, whatever you want to call it, let's unite and kick some SC butt. You saw what they did to those "Ga" guys in the video. They've got it coming to them. By the way, if anyone wants a look at the SC CO, he was the guy doing the shooting in that video.

They are dagger unit my friend not tfd
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 26.02.11 23:23

sniper2525 wrote:
    AlphaRomeo wrote:Okay, bottom line. I played with y'all (Task Force Dagger, I hope you're the same TFD) last weekend and I do like you guys. Disagreements aside, I hope you guys come out and play. Even with maybe a bit less ammo than you're comfortable playing with, you can have fun and do some damage to our Enemies to the Southern North. So, MilSim, not MilSim, whatever you want to call it, let's unite and kick some SC butt. You saw what they did to those "Ga" guys in the video. They've got it coming to them. By the way, if anyone wants a look at the SC CO, he was the guy doing the shooting in that video.

They are dagger unit my friend not tfd
    Oh, Oops. My bad, Dagger Unit. I just met another team called Task Force Dagger who are also fairly young guys who are mostly Army. Figured there couldn't possibly be two teams with similar names and backgrounds. My mistake. Well, then, I hope to be able to play with Dagger Unit soon. I really am enjoying being able to meet some of the Ga guys that I haven't run into on the field before. You guys are no exception.

Post  Guest 27.02.11 0:26

Savoy6, Ill start by saying, watching a documentary about infantry gives you NO actual grounds to make any arguments what so ever. I happen to personally know some of the guys who manned outpost Restrepo, especially the company commander, and if your going to call their reaction to enemy fire a "waste", or call into question their reaction to contact, let me remind you your whatever-many years of airsoft experience means NOTHING. You can accurately assess nothing about anything that went down in their AO by watching a stupid movie. Just reading that post would piss off alot of people. Especially ground pounders like those guys. Your assumption of their "wasteful" reactions is moot, and I find it very offensive.

The point of my post detailing the actions of an SF Col. is that gratuitous amounts of retaliatory fire upon an enemy at an unknown location has its place on the battlefield. Or maybe you'd like to tell SF otherwise. Hind-sight is 20/20, so its safe for YOU to say, after the fact, seeing as though no enemy was killed, that it was a waste. Why don't we send you "across the road" and you can let these SF idiots know how their SUPPOSED to do their jobs. And I disagree with you on the point of it having no practical application in airsoft. If there wasn't, yall would all be fine with letting people blow out their ammo on the field, since it doesn't do anything, right?

AlphaRomero, looking forward to playing with you as well. We try and make it out to alot of different events ( we went to FuldaGap last year, was an experience lol ) . I dont think we've ever played with anyone from your neck of the woods, so that'll be interesting. I'll talk Twitch into coming, he won't leave me behind haha. He is a good guy, just stressed out, which makes him more or less of a d*** all the time Razz
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 27.02.11 1:06

i don't think we'll be attending. we're not into milsims and really don't want to purchase a bulk load of quality mags or box mags to avoid the no field reloading. i was hoping to use my DSG setup, but i don't think it will fit in. 50 rps will eat through 5k rounds.

if i get 2 more DMR's setup in time, we may reconsider.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 27.02.11 3:14

response PMed to you aggressor ...so we can keep this thread on the game..
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 27.02.11 14:14

this is my point....
    THEY JUST SHOT THOSE GUYS IN COLD BLOOD (i know its only a fake vid)
    SO YOU CAN MURDER OUR GUYS
    BUT THEN SAY YOU CAN FIGHT US BUTTTTTTTTTTTT.....only if you bring 2000 rds... lol! lol! lol!

is that not like the taliban "saying you can come to our country and fight back against our atrocities BUT NO MISSILES"

the rule does not fit the scenario...
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 27.02.11 14:15

-a|ex wrote:i don't think we'll be attending. we're not into milsims and really don't want to purchase a bulk load of quality mags or box mags to avoid the no field reloading. i was hoping to use my DSG setup, but i don't think it will fit in. 50 rps will eat through 5k rounds.

if i get 2 more DMR's setup in time, we may reconsider.

don't worry
    you can only have 2000 rds loaded so you only need 4 of your mags..
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 27.02.11 14:36

just watched a couple of sc game vids on you tube
    2000 rds are more than enough.
    the only way they are getting 20 + rds a second--is to line up 21 guys and have them fire all at once.lol!
    they do have some dmr and sniper teams that we need to look out for.
    one of the dmrs must have had a 60 or 70 foot range. the guy accidentally shot a grasshopper from about five feet and it almost killed it...

OK
    i have said the last i will on ammo
    see i thought this game was GA vs SC,bring your best,meds and fps for saftey,other than that--just go for it..who wins is the best!!!
    it is in fact just a game like all others---we just have a longer drive and more time to play.from that stand point the rules fit fine.....so we will see you on the field
    as for the rest of my posts
    i will try and keep them to trash talk lol!

they do have some nice swords
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVa2P2Tf6Ng&feature=player_detailpage#t=12s
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 27.02.11 19:18

DANG I wish I could be at this one!!!! I will be doing the Guard thing instead.

As for the big debate on here....rules is rules fellas. Wanna get stupid? Join the Military. I did "presence patrols" IN the DMZ (Korea 1997-98). We were not allowed to aim/point our weapons at the KPA even if they did it to us, and thus could only return fire if fired upon. In Bosnia 2001, we were actually told to sling our weapons (which didn't have a round chambered) accross our backs when on foot. In Iraq 2005-06, we could only return fire if engaged AND we had PID (Positeve ID) of our target, which can be extrememly frustrating after someone tries to blow your head off.

All the above rambling is just a point that different places have different rules and they are not liked by .....most..... people on the ground. Buutttt.....those are the rules you have to play by. Even though I won't be able to make it, Twitch, I hope you change your mind and go. If you don't like the rules, get used to it, you will then be ready for the hilarity of Afghanistan. Here's a heads-up...when at Bagram, make sure you have your PT belt at ALL TIMES!!!!

Now....quit the bit....grumbling..........and just go play and have fun!!!!!
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 27.02.11 19:26

Andy wrote:when at Bagram, make sure you have your PT belt at ALL TIMES!!!!

hahahahaha. But Sgt my PT belt makes me impervious to everything, bullets, cars, and any stray C-130s that may crash into my barracks.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 27.02.11 20:20

poopdaddy wrote:just watched a couple of sc game vids on you tube
    the only way they are getting 20 + rds a second--is to line up 21 guys and have them fire all at once.lol!
    one of the dmrs must have had a 60 or 70 foot range. the guy accidentally shot a grasshopper from about five feet and it almost killed it...

OK
    see i thought this game was GA vs SC,bring your best,meds and fps for saftey,other than that--just go for it..who wins is the best!!!
    it is in fact just a game like all others---we just have a longer drive and more time to play.from that stand point the rules fit fine.....so we will see you on the field

Yeah, it's not like an all-out war situation. It's still an organized event-one which we hope will become an annual event (next year's will be in Ga). They do rubber knife fights up there too. Challenge a couple of them on the 3-hour break if you like. GARRETT's pretty handy with a fake blade.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 27.02.11 20:25

poopdaddy wrote:

this is my point....
    THEY JUST SHOT THOSE GUYS IN COLD BLOOD (i know its only a fake vid)
    SO YOU CAN MURDER OUR GUYS
    BUT THEN SAY YOU CAN FIGHT US BUTTTTTTTTTTTT.....only if you bring 2000 rds... lol! lol! lol!

is that not like the taliban "saying you can come to our country and fight back against our atrocities BUT NO MISSILES"

the rule does not fit the scenario...
    In a way, that kind of craziness does happen to our troops. SEAL team 10, for example, they got hurt bad in Afghanistan because they didn't want to shoot some farmers because of the media impact it would have, with a possible incarceration for them. The farmers ended up telling the Taliban where the guys were and it was a battle of 4 guys against an estimated 150+. Our troops have to put up with more of that stuff than they should, but the bad guys attack innocent civilians in our country and somehow we still end up as the bad guy.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 27.02.11 20:32

Aggressor wrote:

The point of my post detailing the actions of an SF Col. is that gratuitous amounts of retaliatory fire upon an enemy at an unknown location has its place on the battlefield. Or maybe you'd like to tell SF otherwise. Hind-sight is 20/20, so its safe for YOU to say, after the fact, seeing as though no enemy was killed, that it was a waste. Why don't we send you "across the road" and you can let these SF idiots know how their SUPPOSED to do their jobs. And I disagree with you on the point of it having no practical application in airsoft. If there wasn't, yall would all be fine with letting people blow out their ammo on the field, since it doesn't do anything, right?

AlphaRomero, looking forward to playing with you as well. We try and make it out to alot of different events ( we went to FuldaGap last year, was an experience lol ) . I dont think we've ever played with anyone from your neck of the woods, so that'll be interesting. I'll talk Twitch into coming, he won't leave me behind haha. He is a good guy, just stressed out, which makes him more or less of a d*** all the time Razz

Oh yeah, I get where you were going with the story. for the record, that kind of retaliation is pretty awesome. Nice to show the other team who has the big stick Roosevelt kept going on about. Still not quite what i was getting at with the 300 rounds at one target thing, but that doesn't really matter.

I'm curious to where everyone thinks my neck of the woods is. I've seen a couple posts that make me think y'all think I'm from SC. I'm the Ga CO. I play at Georgetown mostly. I don't doubt that Twitch is a good guy and I have no problem with him. He stated a dislike in a rule, I stated that it's not nice to call a rule stupid, but okay to say you don't like it. That's it for me.

Teams who have issues with the ammo limit should seriously let me know though. The game is mainly about holding various bunkers and I can assign those teams the bunkers that they can reload in and that should solve any issues. Not like I'm picking on you or anything, just choosing which bunker you will be stationed at based on your loadouts and playing styles.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 28.02.11 10:34

AlphaRomeo wrote:
    poopdaddy wrote:just watched a couple of sc game vids on you tube

OK

Yeah, it's not like an all-out war situation. It's still an organized event-one which we hope will become an annual event (next year's will be in Ga). They do rubber knife fights up there too. Challenge a couple of them on the 3-hour break if you like. GARRETT's pretty handy with a fake blade.

that was the start of the trash talk

as in --we can beat them with a jar full of crossmans and a straw lol!

""they do have some dmr and sniper teams that we need to look out for.
    one of the dmrs must have had a 60 or 70 foot range. the guy accidentally shot a grasshopper from about five feet and it almost killed it...""

see it was smack talk
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 28.02.11 14:20

I got the word from SC. Reloading can take place at ANY CAPTURED base. It does not have to be specifically a respawn. Given that a large portion of the game revolves around capturing/holding these bases, I highly doubt ammo will be a problem.
    zachbarren
    zachbarren

Post  zachbarren 28.02.11 18:24

I dont think its a deal. i mean im not suggesting anything but is there really going to be bb police walking around kicking out anybody with over 2000?
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 28.02.11 18:40

zachbarren wrote:I dont think its a deal. i mean im not suggesting anything but is there really going to be bb police walking around kicking out anybody with over 2000?
    Yes and no. It probably won't be actively policed, but if I see people leaving my base with an illegal amount, I am kind of duty-bound to say something. That goes quadruple for eye protection. Like I said, it won't matter anyway because we can load at any captured base. There are like seven capturable bases.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 28.02.11 18:53

i'm too cheap to buy more mags. we have 2 (300 round) mags per AEG. can we each bring a 1k bottle of bb's to reload the 2 mags on field? we had more mags but they broke.
    zachbarren
    zachbarren

Post  zachbarren 28.02.11 19:48

AlphaRomeo wrote:
    zachbarren wrote:I dont think its a deal. i mean im not suggesting anything but is there really going to be bb police walking around kicking out anybody with over 2000?
    Yes and no. It probably won't be actively policed, but if I see people leaving my base with an illegal amount, I am kind of duty-bound to say something. That goes quadruple for eye protection. Like I said, it won't matter anyway because we can load at any captured base. There are like seven capturable bases.
    so your the leader for Ga for this game?
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 28.02.11 20:03

SO you stop us and count our bbs?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20.05.24 14:15