Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

So i dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing

HavenUnitOctopus

So i dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing Empty So i dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 09.02.11 0:18

So i opened my gearbox back up today to find the plastic body on my trigger contacts broke. I replaced it with a new body ,and put it back together.Test fired it and now the gun shoot 2 bbs in semi and full works fine.Is this bad or good.Truly I find this cool and it is fine with me,but if its bad i need to change it because i can not deal with my gun braking even more. [b]

Last edited by HavenUnitOctopus on 09.02.11 17:45; edited 1 time in total
    Rhino
    Rhino

So i dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing Empty Re: So i dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing

Post  Rhino 09.02.11 0:49

Not normal. Sounds like the contacts my be squeezed together too much.
    HavenUnitOctopus

So i dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing Empty Re: So i dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 09.02.11 0:58

Ok thanks well i guess i will be opening my gearbox back up again Neutral tell u guy later what happens.
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 09.02.11 1:56

yea i spread the contacts out further but still does the same thing will this cause for tare on my gun if i keep it this way because the way the return contact seem to be going into the prong contacts crooked. Like top of the contact isn't getting into the prong contact.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 09.02.11 8:42

can you take a picture of your gearbox? make sure the cutoff lever spring is still there. also the trigger block return spring should not be rubbing on the tappet plate.
    are you using a LiPo battery?
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 09.02.11 9:11

I'm using a lipo and I wil try to get pics up after school.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 09.02.11 10:48

if it's the 11v lipo, you might be getting overspin. if it doesn't have a mosfet, i would recommend one to save your trigger contacts.
    an AB (active braking) mosfet would also prevent overspin. but there are other options if it's indeed overspin.
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 09.02.11 11:55

yea I plan on getting one .
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 09.02.11 17:00

Well i dont really know how it happend i guess i just had to shoot it a couple times to get everything setled,but now it fine.Got home today shot it acopule time did the same thing.Then i shot it in full to make sure that was working.Switched it back now works that mean i dont have to open my gearbox back up intil the mosfet or something goes wrong. cheers Now i am guessing this so correct me if i am wrong.I think it was shooting 2 shot burst because of all the modification were new in the gearbox. So the gearbox mite of had to adapt to the new trigger wires and motor. I mean thats the only way i can explain how it fixed itself without me even touching the inside of the gearbox,but yea thanks again for all the help. If it happens again i will post pics to help you guys out.

a minute later. tongue
    Posting pics it started agian. Neutral
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 09.02.11 17:25

charge the lipo up then test for double shooting. if it no longer double shoots, then you're fine. if it still double shoots, then you know what the problem was.
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 09.02.11 17:46

well the pic thing didnt work.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 19:45