Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

Smoking gearbox.

HavenUnitOctopus

Smoking gearbox. Empty Smoking gearbox.

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 09.03.11 20:10

Ok so i rewired my gun beacuse the wires burnt out ,and pulled the trigger and well alittle smoke came from the top fo my gearbox. Think that was the motor ,and my lipo bulged up and i quickly disconnected it and took it outside. Now i guess i need a new lipo and am woundering what could cause this can anybody help me Question
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Smoking gearbox. Empty Re: Smoking gearbox.

Post  -a|ex 09.03.11 21:07

your lipo is damaged and can possibly self ignite. not kidding. put it on your driveway and attach a load to fully discharge it. then with gloves and eye protection on, cut a slit on the plastic and dump the battery in a salt water solution to finish off the charge.

or, put it on your driveway and puncture it with a nail and watch it smoke, spark, or spit out stuff. make sure to capture it on video.

running it too low or over-charging it will cause the battery to go poof...
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 09.03.11 21:10

yea i thought thats what i would have to do let me go get a video cam. and so i can just cut it open and how would i throw this away.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 09.03.11 21:11

-a|ex wrote:your lipo is damaged and can possibly self ignite. not kidding. put it on your driveway and attach a load to fully discharge it. then with gloves and eye protection on, cut a slit on the plastic and dump the battery in a salt water solution to finish off the charge.

or, put it on your driveway and puncture it with a nail and watch it smoke, spark, or spit out stuff. make sure to capture it on video.

running it too low or over-charging it will cause the battery to go poof...

Lipo's are no joke man. They can go bad fast. But if you want too, the second option sounds cool lol!
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 09.03.11 21:18

Look at it this way, if it all goes wrong, you will be a Youtube star and might make it on Tosh.0!!!
    HavenUnitOctopus

Post  HavenUnitOctopus 09.03.11 21:22

haha for how it did et over charged could it be my motor do i need a new motor. I beat the thing to death and now i am leaving it in water,but only a little smoke came out and then bubbles now while its in the water.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 19:20