Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+19
Valkyrie1
Zero
scooter
THEMANatwar
Lone Wolf
Admin
Alpine
ATLAS
Chief
#CW!!ZERO
Flint
{ACE}Steve-o
Twitch
Quex
MagisterMortis
Tinman
reconsniperga
Takfire
23 posters

OP: RED DRAGON **RESCHEDULED**

Takfire
    Takfire

OP: RED DRAGON **RESCHEDULED** Empty OP: RED DRAGON **RESCHEDULED**

Post  Takfire 16.03.09 21:24

AIRDOG Airsoft is doing it again with another great mini-scenario at AREA-13.
    This will be an awesome zombie based game with three opposing teams!

OP details as follows.

Date: RESCHEDULED! Saturday, 04/04/09
    Time: 10AM ~ 4PM
    Cost: $10 for walk on players!...bring your own BBs.
    Rules: AIRDOG Airsoft standard game rules for AREA-13 will apply. Please visit... http://airdogairsoft.com/FieldRules.html Note: Bio-BBs are not required at AREA-13.

OP Intel: A chemical developed by American and German scientist claim to have the ability to end the war on terror.
    While having several small attacks around South Base the PMC group has had to step up security measures.
    Outside of the Anbar providence in Iraq,and being unknown by the rest of the world is proving to be a strenuous test to their ability to keep the Lab at AREA 13 safe.
    Reports from Ft.Bragg has issued a serious warning about an attack that has been rumored on the lab.
    With the Jihdadists giving details and pictures of the facility to local Al Qaeda groups.
    The most recent transmissions indicate an explosion occurred at the lab with flesh eating zombies rising from the rubble.
    Ft.Bragg has called up the 82nd Chemical Mortar Battalion to be on stand by.
    More intel will be issued by the Generals and Squad leaders on the 28th.
    Teams: Jihad Terrorists, PMC (Private Military Contractor) Group, US Special Forces.

AIRDOG will offer G36 rentals only. Rental package quantities are limited and will be offered to pre-paying customer first.
    Please note our rental prices have increased to $50 (includes, gun, mask, 1000BBs) and field BBs only can be used with rental guns.
    Please stop by the AIRDOG store before the game to reserve your rental package in advance.
    Concessions and airsoft supplies will be available through the AIRDOG mobile store.

Zombie props are welcomed!
    More information to follow on the AIRDOG website!

OP: RED DRAGON **RESCHEDULED** OPREDDRAGON

Last edited by reconsniperga on 26.03.09 22:29; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : RESCHEDULED)
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

OP: RED DRAGON **RESCHEDULED** Empty Re: OP: RED DRAGON **RESCHEDULED**

Post  reconsniperga 16.03.09 21:35

PMC or USSF....tough choice for a load out......
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 16.03.09 21:40

WOOOOO HOOOOOO cheers
    COUNT US IN!!!!!! Just let us know where our crew would be a good fit and we are there!
    (Just made a new mask for Scooter that oughta fit right in on this one!)
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 16.03.09 21:49

Oh yeah, I'm stoked. I didn't get to make Slipgate, but I'll be there for this one.

Todd / MagisterMortis

Team PWNY Express
    Quex
    Quex

Post  Quex 16.03.09 22:14

What's the policy on being late to games? I usually have hockey at 9 or 10 in the mornings, so I usually can't make the start times of 10 or 11.

However, I'll definitely be at this game. It's too interesting of a concept to pass up.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 16.03.09 22:25

We always have folks show up throughout the games . . .
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 16.03.09 22:31

Is this going to be Mil Sim?
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 16.03.09 22:41

stoked about this game. TxS will definately be there
    Flint
    Flint

Post  Flint 17.03.09 2:21

I'm so in for this.
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 17.03.09 6:53

Yes. This will be a milsim based game with respawn and medics coming into play.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 17.03.09 7:11

This will definately be a game you dont wanna miss.
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 17.03.09 7:46

Does the Rental Package include the field fee or is that separate?
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 17.03.09 8:09

Chief wrote:Does the Rental Package include the field fee or is that separate?
    I am sure TAK will chime in but the discussion the other day at the shop was to keep that part of the setup the same and have the field fee included in the rental. SOME players who were renting guns were TRASHING them . . . Cannot speak for the folks that are actually renting the guns but I am glad to see them raise this price to protect their investment. (That whole package still makes it cheaper than anyone could go and play paintball w/ rental equip.)(Hopefully this will encourage players to go ahead and quickly purchase a gun and take good care of it.)
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 17.03.09 8:10

once again... All of you shootees.. me shooter! Or at least that is how i plan on remembering it!
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 17.03.09 12:51

Thanks Chief & Tinman for posting up.

One of AIRDOG's primary business objectives is to grow the sport of airsoft in the local community.
    We had offered rental packages at an affordable price in an effort to encourage new players to attend and allow them to experience airsoft without a large initial investment.
    However, we are finding that AIRDOG is expending alot of resources (time and $$) to repair and maintain our rental fleet.

During the last event, we had many field failures toward the end of the game.
    After field stripping and diagnosing the gun fleet at the shop, we found many problems were due to user issues.
    These included:
    - the use of low quality BBs (with flashing, nipples, dimples, etc..), which jammed and damaged air seals.
    - mags that contained dirt and debris as a result of users picking up BBs from the ground and reusing them.
    - body damage due to rough handling, dropped weapons and general neglect.
    - missing parts such as body pins, screws, etc...

In short, the failure rate for the MP5 fleet was about 50%.
    The G36 fleet faired much better with missing parts and mag issues, but still required us to go through each weapon and certify them ready for use.

AIRDOG will retire the MP5 rental fleet and use these exclusively for private events such as birthday parties. AIRDOG will use the G36 as the primary weapon platform in our rental packages.

AIRDOG will still hold true to our committement to grow and develop the local airsoft community. We are not changing the walk-on player cost ($10) and have elected to instead increase the pricing of our rental packages to cover the cost of repair and maintenance. At the moment, the rental package does include the $10 field fee.

We are hopeful, that this will help encourage newer players to experience the sport and make an investment into equipment that is more cost effective to own rather than rent.

Respectfully submitted,
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 17.03.09 13:36

Takfire wrote:Thanks Chief & Tinman for posting up.

One of AIRDOG's primary business objectives is to grow the sport of airsoft in the local community.
    We had offered rental packages at an affordable price in an effort to encourage new players to attend and allow them to experience airsoft without a large initial investment.
    However, we are finding that AIRDOG is expending alot of resources (time and $$) to repair and maintain our rental fleet.

During the last event, we had many field failures toward the end of the game.
    After field stripping and diagnosing the gun fleet at the shop, we found many problems were due to user issues.
    These included:
    - the use of low quality BBs (with flashing, nipples, dimples, etc..), which jammed and damaged air seals.
    - mags that contained dirt and debris as a result of users picking up BBs from the ground and reusing them.
    - body damage due to rough handling, dropped weapons and general neglect.
    - missing parts such as body pins, screws, etc...

In short, the failure rate for the MP5 fleet was about 50%.
    The G36 fleet faired much better with missing parts and mag issues, but still required us to go through each weapon and certify them ready for use.

AIRDOG will retire the MP5 rental fleet and use these exclusively for private events such as birthday parties. AIRDOG will use the G36 as the primary weapon platform in our rental packages.

AIRDOG will still hold true to our committement to grow and develop the local airsoft community. We are not changing the walk-on player cost ($10) and have elected to instead increase the pricing of our rental packages to cover the cost of repair and maintenance. At the moment, the rental package does include the $10 field fee.

We are hopeful, that this will help encourage newer players to experience the sport and make an investment into equipment that is more cost effective to own rather than rent.

Respectfully submitted,

It sucks that the world has come to this, my dad used to loan people his cars when he was younger(long time ago..) so that they could get done what they needed while he was working on their car, but today people have no respect for other people's things.

Case-in-point: At the last game while we were waiting with our team for the next game, Sean (DUB) pointed out to me that the better part of an entire team had decided that the side of his truck would be a good place for them to sit/lean. We made two trips to the truck to get things and checks phones, ect, hoping they would take the hint. Every time we walked to the truck most of them got up and moved but when we walked away they sat back down. DUB finally had to walk over and ask them to not lean up against his truck. I could almost understand this if it had been a "work truck", or something that was obviously made to take some damage. It is not. I would never treat some one else's belongings in such a way. In fact, I have point blanked Dub in the back with his own g17c and I wouldn't lean on his truck, just as he wouldn't lean on my car.

Sadly I don't think increasing the rental price of the guns will change in any way how people will treat them, because in the end they will return them and its not something they will have to deal with. A security deposit type system or serializing the guns so that when they are cleaned you can keep track of who is doing the damage. "Mr. Smith, I'm sorry, because of the 4 inches of dirt compacted into the barrel of the rental you returned last time, you will not be able to rent a gun from us.... We do have several here for sale" lol! HA HA HA HA
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 17.03.09 14:13

Tak . . . you are spot on man . . . airsoft is infectious enough that these folks will be getting their own guns soon enough and learn how costly it is to mistreat one . . .
    Well Spoken!
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 17.03.09 14:15

Back on topic it would be nice to see a large turn out for the zombie team.I mean alot of people in costume with blood and torn combat clothing. I wonder if the zombies will kick butt like the C.H.U.D.s did. This will be an awesome event if we can get some halloween props and people in zombie modes.This could even be a prelude to a zombie night game!!!!! What a Face Twisted Evil
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 17.03.09 14:47

Alpine wrote:it would be nice to see a large turn out for the zombie team
    So it is "come as you are" for Rhino and Zartan then?? affraid
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 17.03.09 15:23

Well, despite the fact that I would enjoy putting a PMC kit together, I won't be able to make it to this one. But it definately sounds liike a fun game, and I'm liking all of the themed games you guys are putting on!
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 17.03.09 16:46

Tinman wrote:Tak . . . you are spot on man . . . airsoft is infectious enough that these folks will be getting their own guns soon enough and learn how costly it is to mistreat one . . .
    Well Spoken!
    I second that!!! You are making the right "next step" at the right time! You and your team are definitely the right guys for the job!!! cheers

Alpine wrote:it would be nice to see a large turn out for the zombie team
    That would be awesome! And maybe even a bit frightening!! Hmmm..... I wonder if the Zombies will have to be killed in a different manner?!??! scratch
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 17.03.09 17:02

Chief wrote: Hmmm..... I wonder if the Zombies will have to be killed in a different manner?!??! scratch

VERY interesting indeed . . . this Jason with a hockey mask will leave his machete at home though! affraid
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 17.03.09 17:10

Tinman wrote:
    Chief wrote: Hmmm..... I wonder if the Zombies will have to be killed in a different manner?!??! scratch

VERY interesting indeed . . . this Jason with a hockey mask will leave his machete at home though! affraid
    Good idea.... I would hate to see anyone's Lucky Charms get chopped to pieces by the leader of the Cereal Killers!!!
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 17.03.09 17:47

Seeing as I want to be a Green Beret, and I have a Special Forces Loadout with Correct Patches, I so call US Spec Ops.

Post  |337 17.03.09 18:25

CLPC shotguns PMC

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 6:20