Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+16
B Boy
frog
Crazy Twitch
scooter
XXX
firby911
reconsniperga
ATLAS
Tinman
Phoenix
Alpine
Rhino
Admin
Newnan Airsoft Player
Zartan72
Takfire
20 posters

OP: TACFORCE (AREA-13)

scooter
    scooter

OP:  TACFORCE (AREA-13) - Page 2 Empty Re: OP: TACFORCE (AREA-13)

Post  scooter 24.01.09 22:02

Tinman wrote:The day rocked . . .definitely some folks who don't call hits which leads to those shooting them not to call if they get shot by someone that they have already shot and then watched while they just walked back into cover and came back out somewhere else.
    The kill rags make it hard for folks to get away with that so I hope we can get folks using them.
    All this will work out and I am glad nobody got torqued . . . it was huge fun!
    ehem... glad nobody got torqued? i got torqued.........my back hurtsss..... and every other part of my body that got hit because PEOPLE DIDNT CALL HITS!!!!!! CALL YOUR HITTTTTTT!!!!! word Evil or Very Mad
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 24.01.09 22:06

Yea it was pretty bad. The first round was great, then after that it was see who can shoot each other the most affraid
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 24.01.09 23:06

Thanks guys for coming out and supporting AIRDOG Airsoft.
    It was a great showing with approximately 110 players!
    The game play was great, but there seems to be a common complaint of players not calling their hits.
    AIRDOG Airsoft reiterated the point of players calling their hits several times during our briefings.
    Although we try our best to police the field and call players out, there is often too much action to witness each case of poor game play.
    Sorry, but this is an unfortunate part of the sport.

Please also note that shooting hundereds of BBs down range on a target in visual contact does not guarnatee a player kill.
    This was observed several times with players calling other players hit, when their shots were not even within range.
    Regardless of the events, it is up to players and peers to play airsoft with honor.

We will certainly take the player comments into consideration and let's together make the events better and better!
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 25.01.09 0:10

Takfire wrote:Please also note that shooting hundereds of BBs down range on a target in visual contact does not guarnatee a player kill.
    This was observed several times with players calling other players hit, when their shots were not even within range.

Very good point! I can tell you first hand from ref-ing 3 games that I saw a lot of this exact thing! there was a lot of thick brush and grass and just because you lob a whole mag in the direction of someone doesnt mean you hit them. One particular case was between Zartan (my friend-fellow store staff member) and another 2 player, Zartan swore that he was hitting the other 2 guys and I was literally standing 3 feet away from them and he wasnt hitting them! He was hitting the 1 1/2" branch and all the other thick brush in front of the kids and if anything you would think I would have been partial to Zartan. BUT he DID NOT hit them! So please just because you think you hit someone doesnt mean you actually did!
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 25.01.09 10:06

Rhino wrote:
    He was hitting the 1 1/2" branch and all the other thick brush in front of the kids and if anything you would think I would have been partial to Zartan.
    Shoulda' used heavier bbs, it'd just go streight though that brush.

Last edited by reconsniperga on 25.01.09 12:13; edited 1 time in total
    Zartan72
    Zartan72

Post  Zartan72 25.01.09 12:08

Rhino is dead on the money.I had thought from my vantage point that I made 2 confirmed kills,but I was in a spray and pray situation because Rhino neglected to post that I was severely entangled in some hardcore briers(sucked!!!)Anyways that was one of those situations where it appeared to be a kill but was not.

I witnessed several battles at the tower.Players were shooting from the top level at objectives in the thick brush and arguing to one another about not calling hits.I responded and positioned myself in the location of the player in the thick brush.I then had the players in the tower shoot(3 players)not a single piece of plastic penetrated the brush.It was only when the player shifted to return fire that he sustained a head shot.We do our best to promote honorable play but unfortunately these issues come with the sport.Play with honor my friends because it will only benifit the sport even more.....
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 25.01.09 16:41

Frankly, I had times where I was surprised I wasn't hit. I have always said the only person's honesty I can control is mine. Therefore mine is the only one I will worry with. Besides, it is amazing how much small cover will deflect bbs. The best thing I can say on this topic is this: If you do not think someone is calling their hits, use good teamwork to get close enough to make sure they cannot dispute. Maybe one day someone will find a way to know for sure if someone is hit, but until then this is not paint ball, or laser tag. It is more fun and dependent on us. If we will secure our own honesty, then those with no honesty will eventually be found out.

I thought the day rocked. Fighting was intense, and the first timers with me are totally hooked.

cheers

My only suggestion is maybe running a few more refs. I know plenty of guys who would not mind being a ref for a game or 2.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 25.01.09 16:50

Love that new sig line Frog! lol!
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 25.01.09 19:02

frog wrote:If you do not think someone is calling their hits, use good teamwork to get close enough to make sure they cannot dispute
    I totally agree with this... This is what I do I love when people dont call there hits it just gives me more reason to get up on them and bring the pain! See I'm not scared to move up close, I dont just sit behind bunkers and chill! I love going to the action! I jump in feet first!
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 25.01.09 21:23

Rhino wrote:
    frog wrote:If you do not think someone is calling their hits, use good teamwork to get close enough to make sure they cannot dispute
    I totally agree with this... This is what I do I love when people dont call there hits it just gives me more reason to get up on them and bring the pain! See I'm not scared to move up close, I dont just sit behind bunkers and chill! I love going to the action! I jump in feet first!

Thats how you do it! Twisted Evil
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 25.01.09 21:26

scooter wrote:
    Rhino wrote:

Thats how you do it! Twisted Evil

Thats how we "A-Style" do it! Scooter did you even play? I thought you just sat at the base the whole time! Razz Dude you cant just sit at the base in the fetal position!
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 25.01.09 21:27

haha man shut up... i was all over the place! cyclops
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 25.01.09 21:32

scooter wrote:haha man shut up... i was all over the place! cyclops

I mean seriously dude you cant hide behind Tinman all the time! One time I thought I saw Tinman with one of those wrist leash attached to you so you couldnt get lost and scared with out him!
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 25.01.09 21:35

hahah like one of thse little toddler elmo leashes!!! affraid
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 25.01.09 21:38

scooter wrote:hahah like one of thse little toddler elmo leashes!!! affraid

I thought it was the elmo leash but I couldnt make it out because when I fired a few rounds towards tinman and you, you ducked and got into the fetal position! I tried to tell B-Boy that it was an elmo and swore it was hello-kitty
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 25.01.09 21:55

Rhino wrote:I tried to tell B-Boy that it was an elmo and swore it was hello-kitty

See . . . that is one of the most basic mistakes in airsoft . . . COLOR RECOGNITION!
    The Elmo leash is RED . . . Hello Kitty is pink! I always keep the ELMO and COOKIE MONSTER leashes on hand so I can be prepared for whether we do red team or blue team . . . Gotta work on your color recognition there Rhino! I'd never bring Hello Kitty to a game . . . that is only for the mall! affraid
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 25.01.09 22:20

LOL.
    I thought I had my leash off, but it was still connected via two way radio from the AIRDOG tent to the field.
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 25.01.09 22:36

Oohh I'm telling on you. silent
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 26.01.09 8:00

Rhino wrote:
    scooter wrote:hahah like one of thse little toddler elmo leashes!!! affraid

I thought it was the elmo leash but I couldnt make it out because when I fired a few rounds towards tinman and you, you ducked and got into the fetal position! I tried to tell B-Boy that it was an elmo and swore it was hello-kitty

HA
    B Boy
    B Boy

Post  B Boy 26.01.09 12:19

I still think it looked like Hello kitty but I could have been mistaken. Laughing
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 26.01.09 14:32

This was the first time our squad has gotten to play as a squad. Our team (blue) got tore up most of the games, but it was still a blast! Live and learn Cool

I agree with the above. I saw abuse by both teams, and all you can do is keep yourself honest, help keep your teammates honest, and move in and make sure the "enemy" feels the next shot!

I had to get on a teammate because he was shot, started to walk out, walked up the hill about half way, then he turned around and headed back to the front lines! "Dude this is NOT a game that you can re-spawn!" "What? oh..." He knew it wasn't.

Personally, I'm not into the non-stop slug fest all the time, but it's fun some of the time. As Tak said, that's where the squad on squad games/tournaments come into play tongue

AIRDog crew, I thought you guys did a great job organizing and refereeing! Thanks for your hard work!
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 26.01.09 15:40

Chief wrote:This was the first time our squad has gotten to play as a squad. Our team (blue) got tore up most of the games, but it was still a blast! Live and learn Cool

I agree with the above. I saw abuse by both teams, and all you can do is keep yourself honest, help keep your teammates honest, and move in and make sure the "enemy" feels the next shot!

I had to get on a teammate because he was shot, started to walk out, walked up the hill about half way, then he turned around and headed back to the front lines! "Dude this is NOT a game that you can re-spawn!" "What? oh..." He knew it wasn't.

Personally, I'm not into the non-stop slug fest all the time, but it's fun some of the time. As Tak said, that's where the squad on squad games/tournaments come into play tongue

AIRDog crew, I thought you guys did a great job organizing and refereeing! Thanks for your hard work!

I second this. I saw some of the same blue guys get shot twice in a non respawn game. Anyway we as a whole appreciate you calling him out.
    Quex
    Quex

Post  Quex 26.01.09 18:25

I didn't really see any cheating firsthand. I heard a lot of complaining that people weren't calling their hits, though. The only time where the person might have been cheating was when I was shooting at some guy in a ditch. I would have sworn that I hit him, but I didn't know for sure so I didn't say anything.

However, I did see a lot of dead people walking through our lines, looking at everything for awhile, then leaving. This happened to me at least 3 times. I was on red team, by the way.

It was still a great time though. The pilot scenario in particular.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 27.01.09 22:56

Yeah I too saw during the elimination game some people from both teams that just decided to "come back to life", i know that I had personally shot one guy out 3 different times, before I didnt see him anymore.
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 05.02.09 22:24

Is say op Tacforce was the best game of airsft i have played before! afro

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 12.05.24 17:33