Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

Eco People...

XXX
    XXX

Eco People... Empty Eco People...

Post  XXX 28.04.09 20:38

Alright this was on my EOCT practice test. I just wanted to share with you how dumb it is.

Juan and Cindy are getting ready to go to prom. Cindy is teasing her fancy hairdo with liberal amounts of hairspray. There are large amounts of CFC’s in the hairspray can. Juan, her date, is coming to pick Cindy up in his 4 ton Truck-a-Saurus, which burns a lot of gas. The Truck-a-Saurus is fuel efficient at a rate of 2.3 miles per gallon. Cindy’s father, Earl, is clearing a 500 acre forest behind their house in order to plant pole beans.
    After Juan arrives, the three of them get into a heated argument about the environment. They each accuse the other of contributing to ozone depletion and causing Earl’s dog, Roscoe, to get skin cancer. Who is most guilty?

A)No one is guilty. They all are contributing to the greenhouse effect.

B) Cindy, because CFCs directly react with ozone, removing it from the atmosphere.

C)Juan, because the ozone layer is destroyed by gases that come from the burning of fossil fuels.

D)Earl, because deforestation allows more radiation to stay within the earth’s atmosphere and destroy ozone.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Eco People... Empty Re: Eco People...

Post  Lone Wolf 28.04.09 20:40

XXX wrote:Alright this was on my EOCT practice test. I just wanted to share with you how dumb it is.

Juan and Cindy are getting ready to go to prom. Cindy is teasing her fancy hairdo with liberal amounts of hairspray. There are large amounts of CFC’s in the hairspray can. Juan, her date, is coming to pick Cindy up in his 4 ton Truck-a-Saurus, which burns a lot of gas. The Truck-a-Saurus is fuel efficient at a rate of 2.3 miles per gallon. Cindy’s father, Earl, is clearing a 500 acre forest behind their house in order to plant pole beans.
    After Juan arrives, the three of them get into a heated argument about the environment. They each accuse the other of contributing to ozone depletion and causing Earl’s dog, Roscoe, to get skin cancer. Who is most guilty?

A)No one is guilty. They all are contributing to the greenhouse effect.

B) Cindy, because CFCs directly react with ozone, removing it from the atmosphere.

C)Juan, because the ozone layer is destroyed by gases that come from the burning of fossil fuels.

D)Earl, because deforestation allows more radiation to stay within the earth’s atmosphere and destroy ozone.

A...
    Seriously what kind of enviromental BS is this on a GOV. EOCT. zOMG
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 28.04.09 20:53

Actually the correct answer was B.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 28.04.09 21:38

XXX wrote:Actually the correct answer was B.

HAHA, wow thats so stupid, I have to take the econ one soon.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 29.04.09 12:07

I have a hard time believing that......

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 5:03