Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+8
scooter
ATLAS
Blackhawk 5
BigD
Admin
Twitch
WPeake23 [SOTHG]
12 posters

Zombie survival list.

WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Zombie survival list. Empty Zombie survival list.

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 29.05.09 13:03

We all know zombie are going to attack soon. What do you want as far as weaponry? When making this decision, you must remember that zombies only die from headshots, and can't hear.

My choices:
    Ak-47
    SL-8
    and
    USP .45
    Twitch
    Twitch

Zombie survival list. Empty Re: Zombie survival list.

Post  Twitch 29.05.09 13:19

Cheytac M200 Intervention
    HK 417
    MK23
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 29.05.09 13:30

When the Zombie Apocalypse does happen, I'm going to want a semi-automatic rifle thats accurate, low recoil, gets good penetration power, and has a decent range and a large magazine capacity, and I also want it to be pretty light. Got any idea what gun I'm thinking of? Bingo. The Fabrique National de Herstal PS90 (semi-auto and longer barreled version of the P90). The 5.7x28mm round is just awesome. I mean, when you're looking at a round that's extremely low recoil and can penetrate level III body armor, you know you've got a good round. And yeah, I know, it's a little lacking when it comes to KE transfer. But when you're shooting the undead, you only need to pierce the brain, so stopping power isn't needed. Also, the PS90’s got a 50 ROUND MAG CAPACITY, and you couple that with a Five seveN on a dropleg, and you're sitting pretty. Just make sure you go the www.thevestguy.com to get a PS90/P90 vests. Also, don’t forget about a melee weapon. I’d use a machete. It's easy to use, has a decent range, and you can carry it easily. But as soon as you pull out that machete, you've got to bug out quick, b/c if the zombies are that close, you're done for if you don't move it. Speaking of moving it, I'll take my Chevy Avalanche as a vehicle. It's good offroad, and It's got the hard truck bed covers, so you can grab a quick nap in the back if need be and any undead looking in the cab won't see you. Plus, it's got those cooler/storage space things on the sides that you can put ammo/whatever in. And I'm also going to want to swing by Bass Pro Shops and get some scent neutralizer so the undead can't smell my flesh. Also, I'm going to grab my Coleman mummy bag. That thing is one heck of a sleeping bag.

Also, when the ZA happens, I’m heading over to Costco. Think about it. Costco is the perfect place to make a stand. There’s 3 entrance/exits, the two in the front, and the one in the back where they load everything from the trucks. Not a whole lot of windows. And the entrances/exits have those heavy metal roll-down doors that’ll definitely withstand any zombie attack. Also, you’ve got a TON of non-perishable foods and drinks in the place, as well as building materials (they sell jungle gyms and home-improvement stuff there) in case anything needs to be reinforced. Oh, and I'm going to need my power tools. And my power inverter to charge them. But before you head to costco, make sure you go to Wal-Mart or Dicks and load up on ammo and guns. By the way, if you want to be prepared, the best place to get ammo is www.cheaperthandirt.com. Heck, you can get a case of 1,000 7.62 Soviet FMJ rounds for like $220 there.

Also, I'm going to want to get a whole lot of clif bars incase Costco is overrun. Clif Bars have all of the vitamins, protien, and carbs you need, and they're pretty filling. I also know that I can live off of them for as long as I need. I went on a geology course/hiking trip last summer, and I had to pay for my own food while I was out there, so I bought a case of clif bars and ate only clif bars for a week.

I'm also going to want to get a gas mask in case the solonum virus makes the jump to airborne. The French 1951 gas mask and filter is like $15 at any surplus store. A gas mask also makes it hard for infected blood and the like to get into your mouth and eyes.
    I also don't want to forget about protection either. I’m going to want some sort of something (shark suit maybe?) covering my neck, arms, and legs (maybe snake boots..) Heck, even like hardened leather would be good.
    Oh,and a CB radio and plenty of batteries. Maybe rechargeable batteries and a small solar panel. Communicating with any military/LE that may be left, or with other pockets of survivors that are still alive, will be a good thing.

So...
    Archer's braces on both my forearms.
    Snake boots
    Gas mask
    CB radio
    Clif Bars
    Truck
    Machete
    Solar panel/rechargeable batteries
    Power inverter
    GPS navigator
    LOTS of fuel
    Coleman Mummy Bag (sleeping bag)
    FNH PS90
    FNH Five-seveN
    5.7 dropleg holster (do they make a SERPA for the 5.7?)
    Power tools (saw, drill, screws, etc).
    LOTS of 5.7mm ammo.
    6 P90 mags
    3 Five-seveN mags
    P90 vest
    First Aid Kit.
    BigD

Post  BigD 29.05.09 13:33

all of the above plus copious amounts of claymores and other such AP mines.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 29.05.09 13:49

You'll want a gas mask that is up to date and offers good protection as well as good visibility. The best option is to get current uptodate mask, but if money is an issue, the Israeli M15 gas mask sold at cheaperthandirt is the best option: Only if you buy a new M95 or other current NATO filter. http://www.approvedgasmasks.com/filter-m95.htm

I own this mask and a few of the M95 filters. The difference between this one and the other surplus masks commonly found such as the Soviet GP-5 is that new filters can be found since it's NATO compatible. It also offers good peripheral vision to the user compared to the older masks with a cylinder eyepiece where the user experiences tunnel vision. This is especially helpful for spotting the zomgahs!! if they are hiding in the corners.
    oh and pack some ensure.

I would just get a MOPP suit from surplus store, as the same kind did in generation kill.

The truth about surplus masks: Many models of surplus masks & filters are available in nearly unlimited quantities at low prices. In most cases, these prices are low because the mask is
    either obsolete, recalled or replaced due to design flaws or defective components.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MLT9110-1.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWkEjT1r3Fo

Zombie survival list. Sombie
    Zombie survival list. Brains

Last edited by Blackhawk 5 on 29.05.09 20:34; edited 1 time in total

Post  |337 29.05.09 14:41

For hand to hand i'd want a machete,

For close in cqb a remington 870 express (12 gauge of course)

Sidearm would be a glock 21 with military/police mags and serpa

Ranged weapon would be a m700 or a m1 with a good optic

Primary would be either a ps90 or a tavor, not sure yet will get back when i have decided
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 29.05.09 18:29

12 gauge, pump action
    baseball bat
    several hacking type weapons
    .45 pistol
    and a house that can be easily fortified.
    I would also need fencing materials
    ...and a woman (for repopulation)
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 29.05.09 18:33

mmmmmm a saw... a minigun.... an m4... a machete.. a bunch of rebar....and a super beast fort... oh and unlimited ammo cheers
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 29.05.09 18:38

Admin wrote:When the Zombie Apocalypse does happen, I'm going to want a semi-automatic rifle thats accurate, low recoil, gets good penetration power, and has a decent range and a large magazine capacity, and I also want it to be pretty light. Got any idea what gun I'm thinking of? Bingo. The Fabrique National de Herstal PS90 (semi-auto and longer barreled version of the P90). The 5.7x28mm round is just awesome. I mean, when you're looking at a round that's extremely low recoil and can penetrate level III body armor, you know you've got a good round. And yeah, I know, it's a little lacking when it comes to KE transfer. But when you're shooting the undead, you only need to pierce the brain, so stopping power isn't needed. Also, the PS90’s got a 50 ROUND MAG CAPACITY, and you couple that with a Five seveN on a dropleg, and you're sitting pretty. Just make sure you go the www.thevestguy.com to get a PS90/P90 vests. Also, don’t forget about a melee weapon. I’d use a machete. It's easy to use, has a decent range, and you can carry it easily. But as soon as you pull out that machete, you've got to bug out quick, b/c if the zombies are that close, you're done for if you don't move it. Speaking of moving it, I'll take my Chevy Avalanche as a vehicle. It's good offroad, and It's got the hard truck bed covers, so you can grab a quick nap in the back if need be and any undead looking in the cab won't see you. Plus, it's got those cooler/storage space things on the sides that you can put ammo/whatever in. And I'm also going to want to swing by Bass Pro Shops and get some scent neutralizer so the undead can't smell my flesh. Also, I'm going to grab my Coleman mummy bag. That thing is one heck of a sleeping bag.

Also, when the ZA happens, I’m heading over to Costco. Think about it. Costco is the perfect place to make a stand. There’s 3 entrance/exits, the two in the front, and the one in the back where they load everything from the trucks. Not a whole lot of windows. And the entrances/exits have those heavy metal roll-down doors that’ll definitely withstand any zombie attack. Also, you’ve got a TON of non-perishable foods and drinks in the place, as well as building materials (they sell jungle gyms and home-improvement stuff there) in case anything needs to be reinforced. Oh, and I'm going to need my power tools. And my power inverter to charge them. But before you head to costco, make sure you go to Wal-Mart or Dicks and load up on ammo and guns. By the way, if you want to be prepared, the best place to get ammo is www.cheaperthandirt.com. Heck, you can get a case of 1,000 7.62 Soviet FMJ rounds for like $220 there.

Also, I'm going to want to get a whole lot of clif bars incase Costco is overrun. Clif Bars have all of the vitamins, protien, and carbs you need, and they're pretty filling. I also know that I can live off of them for as long as I need. I went on a geology course/hiking trip last summer, and I had to pay for my own food while I was out there, so I bought a case of clif bars and ate only clif bars for a week.

I'm also going to want to get a gas mask in case the solonum virus makes the jump to airborne. The French 1951 gas mask and filter is like $15 at any surplus store. A gas mask also makes it hard for infected blood and the like to get into your mouth and eyes.
    I also don't want to forget about protection either. I’m going to want some sort of something (shark suit maybe?) covering my neck, arms, and legs (maybe snake boots..) Heck, even like hardened leather would be good.
    Oh,and a CB radio and plenty of batteries. Maybe rechargeable batteries and a small solar panel. Communicating with any military/LE that may be left, or with other pockets of survivors that are still alive, will be a good thing.

So...
    Archer's braces on both my forearms.
    Snake boots
    Gas mask
    CB radio
    Clif Bars
    Truck
    Machete
    Solar panel/rechargeable batteries
    Power inverter
    GPS navigator
    LOTS of fuel
    Coleman Mummy Bag (sleeping bag)
    FNH PS90
    FNH Five-seveN
    5.7 dropleg holster (do they make a SERPA for the 5.7?)
    Power tools (saw, drill, screws, etc).
    LOTS of 5.7mm ammo.
    6 P90 mags
    3 Five-seveN mags
    P90 vest
    First Aid Kit.

I'm just going to hang with Admin. He seems to have this planed out well.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 29.05.09 20:27

True that is plenty fine to just hang with Admin, that's my plan as well, BUT we'll throw you to the zombies if you just want to sit back and aren't going to work. I'd actually take a .22 rifle. Chief AJ 10/22 to be exact with a ATN Mars4X Gen.4 Night Vision Weapon Scope. Think about it. Very accurate, easy to shoot, easy to carry ammunition, and just a pop to the brain of the Zombie,and if I'm running with admin it'd be a nice compliment to his weapon, and it has enough for zombies. I would also run with a 12 gauge for close quarter stuff. More than likely a Mossberg 500 tactical. Next would be rechargeable maglight (x2). 12 bathtubs filled with sulfuric acid. Just place them at the entrances to help slow the flow of zombies. Melee weapon would have to be katana, not just one from a pawn shop, but an actual battle ready one. I just don't trust the low quality of a machete. Side arm would have to be a Judge, 410 in a revolver=dead zombies. Gear would have to be a nice back pack filled with mre's and a camel bak and water purification tablets. Clothing would need to be the shark suit. I like that idea josh. I'd also have an extensive first aid kid complete with minor surgery tools and sucher (stitches) kit. I like the costco idea, but I'd rather stay at Bass Pro.

Post  Guest 29.05.09 23:18

Well, I'm going on a limb here, this is what a bud of mine in the 75th Rangers argues time and time again, you can call me stupid, but if you try and argue it out with him I cna guarantee he will change your mind, he has done SO much research and is so sure of this method. Here it is -

Weapon: Only one weapon, a semi automatic .22 caliber rifle, firing specialized .22s with more powder or higher grain or something like that I dont remember its not my plan, but anywho, point being it has more range.

Why a .22 you ask? Insane accuracy, no recoil, and you can carry thousands of rounds in a backpack without worrying so much about the weight. All you need to be is a good shot, and you can score headshot after headshot after headshot.

He swears that all other plans are inferior.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 29.05.09 23:39

Sounds like a smart guy. See my post above.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 30.05.09 7:29

NJSC wrote:True that is plenty fine to just hang with Admin, that's my plan as well, BUT we'll throw you to the zombies if you just want to sit back and aren't going to work.

lol! Talk about taking 1 for the team. OK that's fine just keep me on a leash and feed me. Like in "Shawn of the Dead"
    Great movie by the way.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 31.05.09 13:47

There are several theories involved to killing a zombie. Some people say they can hear (which I do) and some people also say a zombies blood, if it gets onto a exposed area of your body like the eyes, open sore, mouth, ear, or ...something else... Can result in a infection.

My weapon of choice, .223 AR or Semi-auto rifle it also must be silenced incase zombehs can hear. For my melee weapon I would use one of my sharpened swords. Never use a push dagger, combat knife or anything that will get you dangerously close to the attacker. But anything as big as a Scottish claymore (huge/heavy sword) would not be a good idea depending on your physical size and stamina.

For protection, Rainsuits, face mask, and steel toed boots (yes the will try to bite your feet)

What ive seen about this thread is how you guys are only addressing combat. In a ZA looking to cap zombies is a mistake. You want to avoid combat AT ALL COST. Think of a zombie like a shark, it could smell blood. If you blasted apart one zombie, 2 more will come investigate. When it comes to survival the rule STOP still applies just you have zombies. Stop. Think. Observe. Plan.

Obviously you are going to want some plan of escaping heavily populated cities...like Atlanta Very Happy But so is everyone else. and where people flock, Teh Zombies stalk. Instead plan a route out of town away from interstates and major towns using a state hwy or truck route will also suffice in escaping the city. Don't stop at any major town at night, only stop for provisions, ammunition, and gas. If the zombies can hear, its best not to take a loud truck/car. You want the most quiet car/truck that is on the road. My personal favorite are Hondas. You don't notice the car is behind you until it passes you. The one problem with cars, is if you get attacked by a zombie mob. So pull out the barb wire, steel plates, and bolts like Dawn of the Dead. Of course you could get a tank...but it is loud and fuel economy on tanks is teh suck. And if your planning on escaping to a mountainous backcountry...no way in h3ll are you going to be able to take a tank far. on a off-road route. Again, true off road vehicles are loud...but noise isn't important in the wilderness.

With your vehicle you escaped to the backcountry. Now the simple needs of life come into play. Food, Water, and shelter. Finding a cabin is a step in the right direction. For food you may be lucky to find crops within a short drive. Water, depends on where your shelter is, most times in the backcountry you'll have spring water.

The one problem with my plan so far, is that you are stuck alone. It is important to have a survival comrade or even a pet to keep your sanity, which will start to go after you spent about 2 or more weeks alone. I do not reccomend saving anyone from a zombie mob. Maybe a few zombies but if it is over 10 they're pretty much screwed unless your in a group of survivors.

One other theory about zombies is starvation will kill them off after a few months when the survivors have holed themselves up somewhere, the zombies start loosing food sources. Well, the one problem with this is the disease is feeding off the body so it may starve who knows. Maybe the zombies will eat eachother...idk. A survivor just has to worry about lasting.

So my gear...
    .223 or .22 or 5.7 rifle silenced (shit loads of ammo)
    torch light
    Honda Avalanche (truck tuned for torque while maintaining silence)
    plastic explosives, fused with mercury switches for traps and warning system
    tent, sleeping gear
    first aid kit
    personal cook gear
    protective lock case for food/ammunition
    Froggtogg rainsuit
    riot facemask or gas mask
    rubber gloves protected by leather or tactical gloves
    water containers
    tools (manual and electric, depends if you can find a generator)
    farming equipment/hunting rifle.
    Matches, lighter.
    Lantern
    Gun cleaning equipment
    Extra clothing-if not your entire wardrobe
    Hygiene equipment
    CB/Ham radios
    GPS
    Map + Compass in event of GPS failure
    My head. Not panicking and losing it. Panicking in a ZA is THE WORST MISTAKE!!!
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 31.05.09 22:09

Everyone has really complicated zombie killing answers. Well, I've got a few things I would bring:
    .557 T-Rex
    M1 Abrahams Tank
    Desert Eagle
    MK2 Frag Grenades
    Jessica Alba
    Megan Fox

Last edited by Airsoftguy238 on 31.05.09 22:18; edited 1 time in total
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 31.05.09 22:14

it's cause you've got to think about it. See 1 shot with that rifle and you get knocked down thus giving me the opportunity to steal Jessica Alba for Admin and Megan Fox for myself.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 31.05.09 22:18

They will be with me in my tank!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 21:48