Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+10
Alpine
navyseal1000
Rhino
Tinman
Electioneer
WPeake23 [SOTHG]
Retherford
Zero
Q-bald
ATLAS
14 posters

Airsoft Rules

ATLAS
    ATLAS

Airsoft Rules Empty Airsoft Rules

Post  ATLAS 10.08.09 10:22

I witnessed several people on Saturday trying to skip or cheat the chrono before the aeg cqb game. Me and several other people actually watched as two of the people actually went through the trouble of trading guns (Guy A chrono'd gun A, then as he walked by guy B a bit further back in line he quickly traded guns with guy B who then chrono'd with gun A. I pointed out the switch and gun B was chrono'd, and ended up being slightly above the fps limit (3-7fps or so), which as far as I am concerned is blatent dishonesty, because I refuse to believe the gun owner didn't know how fast his gun shoots, hence the swap, and that when player B realized it was him I was talking to Zartan about he hid behind another player), despite the fact that his gun did not meet the fps requirements he was allowed to use it for some reason. In my opinion he should have been made to sit out for nothing more than to avoid rewarding his dishonesty.

Another player wasted a good ten minutes of everyones' time trying to chrono his different guns even though he and Rhyno(runnig the chrono, and told the player each time "that gun won't pass") knew that they could not possibly meet the cqb requirements. The whole time he was doing this he was smiling like a fool. I would have thought this to be as fun as he did, but previously in the day this same player actually fired a point blank(Barrel touching) shot into someone's cheek with his aeg. Hats off to the injured player who reacted much more maturely then I would have in the same situation.

my main point is this, if you are one of the players who believes that the rules set in place by the various fields are just in place to limit your fun or that they don't apply to you, then you should be orginizing games of your own for you and your friends as the point of the rules obviously has escaped you. Rules are not put in place to protect you they are put in place to protect every one else from you! you can set up the games at your own locations and set the rules for yourself so that WHEN someone is injured it is you that must deal with the liability issues and not the fields and the rest of us that enjoy them. The last thing we need is for someone trying to get by the rules hurts a young kid on the field and then the rest of us have to suffer the consiquences!
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Airsoft Rules Empty Re: Airsoft Rules

Post  Q-bald 10.08.09 13:08

Maybe after a gun passes crono, It should be taged with a small colored tie strap. Different color for each field. No marking, No playing.
    Zero
    Zero

Post  Zero 10.08.09 13:11

that is usually what happends but that hasn't been happening lately
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 10.08.09 13:46

Here is what I suggest. You may know that DU is not the biggest group of MED or FPS limit fanatics but for the open games I suggest that you are required to chrono and if you gun passes then you get a ziptie on it or something. The refs have everyone line up for a number count and check the zipties. If you dont have a ziptie you dont play.

Also possibly a second check at the entry points to the field incase some one missed the line up. Have the refs at the entries which are generally small at the fields.

Q im not sure what you mean by colored strap, but if you mean tape you could easily remove that and put it on a hot gun.

Last edited by Retherford on 10.08.09 15:01; edited 1 time in total
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 10.08.09 14:20

Yeah, playing with no MEDs or FPS limits has been fine. I've been shot closer up in Airdog games than I have at our small SOTHG games. If you don't want to lose teeth, wear a facemask.

Just a suggestion
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]
    WPeake23 [SOTHG]

Post  WPeake23 [SOTHG] 10.08.09 14:43

Notice now, Admin wears a mouthpiece so that doesn't happen. He still plays at our games.
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 10.08.09 14:48

Ill pm you since you want me to.

Last edited by Retherford on 10.08.09 14:59; edited 1 time in total
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 10.08.09 14:53

Airdog used to use mini zipties. Everyday they would change color so people can't use the same one over again and have a higher fps.

Frankly I am a strong believer in FPS isn't everything. I have gotten just as many kills with my 350< guns than with my more powerful ones. Truth is that if you are using a 450 fps gun with .2s and a 350 fps gun with .2s you will have pretty much the same accuracy. Now using a 450 fps gun with .23/.25 or higher, your gun will have better accuracy but shoot at a lower fps.

I think it is a ridiculous that anyone would try to cheat and blatantly break the rules just for a little higher velocity.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 10.08.09 15:30

Electioneer wrote:I think it is a ridiculous that anyone would try to cheat and blatantly break the rules just for a little higher velocity.

Add that to a looooooooooooong list of ridiculous things that happen when people compete . . . for anything . . . and many times for nothing at all! Rolling Eyes
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 10.08.09 15:51

ATLAS wrote:I witnessed several people on Saturday trying to skip or cheat the chrono before the aeg cqb game. Me and several other people actually watched as two of the people actually went through the trouble of trading guns (Guy A chrono'd gun A, then as he walked by guy B a bit further back in line he quickly traded guns with guy B who then chrono'd with gun A. I pointed out the switch and gun B was chrono'd, and ended up being slightly above the fps limit (3-7fps or so), which as far as I am concerned is blatent dishonesty, because I refuse to believe the gun owner didn't know how fast his gun shoots, hence the swap, and that when player B realized it was him I was talking to Zartan about he hid behind another player), despite the fact that his gun did not meet the fps requirements he was allowed to use it for some reason. In my opinion he should have been made to sit out for nothing more than to avoid rewarding his dishonesty.

Another player wasted a good ten minutes of everyones' time trying to chrono his different guns even though he and Rhyno(runnig the chrono, and told the player each time "that gun won't pass") knew that they could not possibly meet the cqb requirements. The whole time he was doing this he was smiling like a fool. I would have thought this to be as fun as he did, but previously in the day this same player actually fired a point blank(Barrel touching) shot into someone's cheek with his aeg. Hats off to the injured player who reacted much more maturely then I would have in the same situation.

my main point is this, if you are one of the players who believes that the rules set in place by the various fields are just in place to limit your fun or that they don't apply to you, then you should be orginizing games of your own for you and your friends as the point of the rules obviously has escaped you. Rules are not put in place to protect you they are put in place to protect every one else from you! you can set up the games at your own locations and set the rules for yourself so that WHEN someone is injured it is you that must deal with the liability issues and not the fields and the rest of us that enjoy them. The last thing we need is for someone trying to get by the rules hurts a young kid on the field and then the rest of us have to suffer the consiquences!

You made a lot of good points! I think I did a decent job trying to make sure no one was trying to slide by the chrono. I know I found several people trying to fit in with the crowd that was following the chrono rules! I did not notice the 2 players do the switch-a-roo. But lucky you saw them. I can say one of the 2 guns was well in the limit and the second gun shot below the limit 1 out of 3 shots and the other 2 shoots were 3-7fps over the limit like mentioned. I did not think the 3-7 fps was an issue as the game before at the same field the rules were 400 fps semi only. I called out each shot as it was chrono'd and ask if there was an issue with the 3-7fps overage. I can say that any gun that shot 359 or higher was not allowed. I think I was fair and I know I was consistent with everyone weather I knew them or not. I can also say that airdog has new Chrono rules where we will be supplying preloaded mags (with .20) for the chrono process, to insure that everyone is using .20's

Last edited by Rhino on 10.08.09 17:43; edited 1 time in total
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 10.08.09 16:29

Q-bald wrote:Maybe after a gun passes crono, It should be taged with a small colored tie strap. Different color for each field. No marking, No playing.

I highly agree with you man.
    Airdog should start using those zip-ties every single game.
    I'll talk to Tak about it on Sat
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 10.08.09 17:38

I think what Atlas is trying to get at is that people should show somewhat integrity on their part.A persons character(moral or ethical quality)say's alot about a person and also gives a person a tract record of sorts.If you are someone of quality then you should know right from wrong.So someone trying to pull a switch-a-roo and is caught gives that person a strike against their character and puts them in a position of reproach the next time something happens.But let's not get confused as to someone trying to hide in a line compared to someone that is standing there talking to others and not paying attention as to when it's their turn to chrono.After all age does play a roll in accountability. And to those who think it's alright to cheat or to shun someone when they want to don't go crying when the cheat is called a cheat or a jerk is called a jerk.If you put yourself in a place of reproach then don't get mad when the judgment of truth falls on you.As sure as the sun is bright let it be know your darkness will come to light for all to see.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 10.08.09 19:19

Alpine wrote:I think what Atlas is trying to get at is that people should show somewhat integrity on their part.A persons character(moral or ethical quality)say's alot about a person and also gives a person a tract record of sorts.If you are someone of quality then you should know right from wrong.So someone trying to pull a switch-a-roo and is caught gives that person a strike against their character and puts them in a position of reproach the next time something happens.But let's not get confused as to someone trying to hide in a line compared to someone that is standing there talking to others and not paying attention as to when it's their turn to chrono.After all age does play a roll in accountability. And to those who think it's alright to cheat or to shun someone when they want to don't go crying when the cheat is called a cheat or a jerk is called a jerk.If you put yourself in a place of reproach then don't get mad when the judgment of truth falls on you.As sure as the sun is bright let it be know your darkness will come to light for all to see.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then fry her up and serve her with some fried rice.
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 10.08.09 19:37

RHINO, I was completly satisfied with the way you handled the chrono portion situation, the Fps's were called out for everyone involved to make an educated choice about weather to play with him. My complaint about the way it was handled is that after he was called out, and his gun was seen to be borderline passing, he was allowed to participate at all. His gun barely passed, this time, but in choosing to skip chrono he attempted to willfully put everyone on the field in more harms way then they accepted when choosing to participate in the match. I too have a hot aeg, which i didn't even bother to bring to chrono for the cqb game because even if it would have miraculously passed chrono, i ran the risk of seriously injuring another player. doing anything else is knowingly exposing people to an increased risk without their knowledge. The players involved did not just immaturely attempt to avoid chrono, which I see as almost forgivable, he and his accomplis actively attempted to trick airdog and RPG into allowing him to put everyone's safety in jeapordy. The possible legal implications for the feild/orginizers if an injury occured that could even remotely be connected to the feild/orginizers incapability to hold players to the rules and procedures set forth should have been enough to motivate a responce. I am almost shocked and imensly concerned to see that no one shares my outrage at this. As soon as this match was over, i left the game. This incident was the single reason that i left!
    weed
    weed

Post  weed 11.08.09 0:29

Alpine wrote:I think what Atlas is trying to get at is that people should show somewhat integrity on their part.A persons character(moral or ethical quality)say's alot about a person and also gives a person a tract record of sorts.If you are someone of quality then you should know right from wrong.So someone trying to pull a switch-a-roo and is caught gives that person a strike against their character and puts them in a position of reproach the next time something happens.But let's not get confused as to someone trying to hide in a line compared to someone that is standing there talking to others and not paying attention as to when it's their turn to chrono.After all age does play a roll in accountability. And to those who think it's alright to cheat or to shun someone when they want to don't go crying when the cheat is called a cheat or a jerk is called a jerk.If you put yourself in a place of reproach then don't get mad when the judgment of truth falls on you.As sure as the sun is bright let it be know your darkness will come to light for all to see.

I agree Alpine. After reading everything so far, I agree, the games should include some sort of way to keep track of guns that have passed chrono, such as the zip ties, but the bottom line is, we wouldn't have to include such a feature if people realized that this is just a game, we are all out here to have some fun, and shoot each other in a safe and fun environment. I did not stay for the CQB game because of work, and even more so because of how the beginning of the day took off, but now that I hear about this, I am even more glad I did not attend. I think some people, including some that have posted on this topic, and my self, need to realize a bit more that this is just a game. There is no need to push every rule to its limits to win. This isn't football. You don't have to go and push steroids into your gun and then bypass the regulations to get it in. Its for fun, everyone has to follow the same rules, and have their guns chrono at the same FPS as you. I guess when you have events that have as many people that attend now, you tend to have these issues, but its unfortunate that organizers such as airdog and the field owners have to think of ways to prevent people from passing a hot gun in the chrono area instead of thinking of ways to make the games more fun and exciting.
    airsoftsniper25
    airsoftsniper25

Post  airsoftsniper25 11.08.09 10:41

On the topic of rules, I think a referee should be standing near/around where flags are if CTF games are being played. I had multiple issues with people running for the flag and not calling there hits. I know when you are running around and the adrenaline is rushing through you, you don't always feel or hear the hit, but that is why i think a referee would be useful around the flag. Almost every player would get mad if they saw a guy sprint for a flag, you lay down a burst of bbs watching them hit the player, he doesn't feel it and runs off with the flag to win the game. Just my 2 cents
    weed
    weed

Post  weed 11.08.09 10:51

airsoftsniper25 wrote:On the topic of rules, I think a referee should be standing near/around where flags are if CTF games are being played. I had multiple issues with people running for the flag and not calling there hits. I know when you are running around and the adrenaline is rushing through you, you don't always feel or hear the hit, but that is why i think a referee would be useful around the flag. Almost every player would get mad if they saw a guy sprint for a flag, you lay down a burst of bbs watching them hit the player, he doesn't feel it and runs off with the flag to win the game. Just my 2 cents

There where 2 refs, during our game, bboy and alpine. Alpine was watching the middle action to make sure all was running fair there, and bboy was watching our flag (seems how it was our flag that was getting rushed). The refs can only do so much, they can't be every where, and they cant see everything though.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 11.08.09 11:19

airsoftsniper25 wrote:I had multiple issues with people running for the flag and not calling there hits.
    Everyone does but most threads degrade once someone makes that statement so we won't touch that with a ten foot flagpole! Razz Razz Razz
    1) Refs do all they can.
    2) Like it or not, the player you are shooting at determines whether he is hit or not 99.9% of the time.
    3) None of us will ever enjoy the game if we rely on how others play to make it enjoyable.
    Twisted Evil GAME ON! Twisted Evil
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 13.08.09 18:02

Retherford wrote:Here is what I suggest. You may know that DU is not the biggest group of MED or FPS limit fanatics but for the open games I suggest that you are required to chrono and if you gun passes then you get a ziptie on it or something. The refs have everyone line up for a number count and check the zipties. If you dont have a ziptie you dont play.

Also possibly a second check at the entry points to the field incase some one missed the line up. Have the refs at the entries which are generally small at the fields.

Q im not sure what you mean by colored strap, but if you mean tape you could easily remove that and put it on a hot gun.

The only problem that i see with using zip ties is that you can buy a whole jar of them in all different colors from walmart or home depot.

they need to come up with a way to distinguish the guns in a way that is non-mimicable (if that is a word) Smile
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 13.08.09 18:24

Retherford wrote: Q im not sure what you mean by colored strap, but if you mean tape you could easily remove that and put it on a hot gun.

Yea...I meant Ziptie

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 07.05.24 0:11