Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
navyseal1000
Tinman
weed
frog
8 posters

My Personal Airsoft Rules

frog
    frog

My Personal Airsoft Rules Empty My Personal Airsoft Rules

Post  frog 10.08.09 22:38

Since this is kind of a story I will put it here.

I have developed my own personal set of Airsoft rules to make the game fun for me. In light of all the tensions due to perceived misconduct, I think these may be timely. You might even enjoy your Airsoft experience more if you try them. I was gonna post this in that wacky brawl of a thread in the SW section, but Admin wisely locked . So here we go.

1. When I shoot at someone I assume I DID NOT hit them unless they call hit. My experience is that no one has the range or accuracy they think they have. BBs have a mind of their own and even Jedi mind control cannot change it. I know cause I tried. Therefore I will not yell at someone to call their hit. It would be rather presumptuous of me to do so. If I feel someone is not calling the hit, whether accidentally or purposefully, I will shoot them til they do. If that fails I will look for bare skin, except the face. Most of you are already too ugly to add Airsoft scars to the mix.

2. I WILL NOT tolerate someone yelling at me to call my hit. I have stopped game play in the past to deal with this and I would again should this problem arise. I will not call you a liar and I certainly will not be called one myself. Since I do not yell at others to call their hits, I expect the same courtesy. If it were up to me, anyone that yelled at someone to call their hits would have to sit out the rest of the game.

3. Ref's are on the field to deal with issues such as the perceived player not calling their hits. If there is a problem take it to the ref.

4. If I get heated about something on the field, I walk off. Anger makes you stupid and careless. When angry you can destroy a friendship over nothing. When angry you will take unnecessary chances that result in a higher probability of injury. Everyone gets steamed every now and then, but it isn't worth releasing your anger at others on the field.

5. I will calmly confront anyone I have a problem with. I would hope everyone would pay me the same courtesy. I will not confront someone if I am steamed, I will give myself time to cool off, evaluate if it is actually a problem or just in my head, and then calmly look someone in the eye and talk things out. I believe all such meetings should end in a handshake. Only the extremely immature cannot swallow their pride enough to leave a discussion with a handshake.

6. Most importantly: The only person whose honor and integrity I can control is mine. Therefore mine is the only honor and integrity with which I will concern myself.

With so many heated discussions as of late I think I will propose a new rule for the next SAAL game. At 5 minute intervals someone will come to the middle of the field, everyone will stop where they are, and the person will tell a joke. Seems to me if we all laughed a little more while we played this GAME we might enjoy it better. Besides, if the comedian isn't funny we can all shoot him. If he will call the hit, of course.
    weed
    weed

My Personal Airsoft Rules Empty Re: My Personal Airsoft Rules

Post  weed 11.08.09 0:12

I totally agree with these rules Frog, I think I will try applying them to my game play more. Sounds like a fair and reasonable set of rules, and I can think of many people that could use them, but the only person I can control is me.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 11.08.09 5:57

frog wrote:With so many heated discussions as of late I think I will propose a new rule for the next SAAL game. At 5 minute intervals someone will come to the middle of the field, everyone will stop where they are, and the person will tell a joke. Seems to me if we all laughed a little more while we played this GAME we might enjoy it better. Besides, if the comedian isn't funny we can all shoot him. If he will call the hit, of course.

lol! lol! lol!
    You Rock FROG!! These should be a sticky!
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 11.08.09 9:38

I 100% agree with these rules. Josh needs to make this a Sticky thread.
    Excellent set of rules Frog! cheers
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 13.08.09 17:48

Very nice Frog.
    I 100% agree with you.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 13.08.09 18:26

Yes I agree as well...........Awesome set of rules
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 13.08.09 21:11

Man those are great rules.But what if my jokes suck? Surprised
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 13.08.09 21:13

Never mind I read the last part of your rules.But I'm not going to call my hit if the joke is a flop Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 13.08.09 22:07

Alpine wrote:Man those are great rules.But what if my jokes suck? Surprised
    lol! IF??? lol!
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 13.08.09 22:16

That hurt man! At least my wife say's I'm funny or did she say I look funny scratch geek
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 13.08.09 23:43

I LIKE THIS

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 06.05.24 14:47