Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+7
scooter
Lone Wolf
sealdude36
Admin
navyseal1000
Airsoftguy238
Bulldog94
11 posters

FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!!

Poll

What is your favorite Assault Rifle Of All Time?

[ 10 ]
    FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Bar_left36%FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Bar_right [36%] 
    [ 6 ]
    FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Bar_left21%FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Bar_right [21%] 
    [ 0 ]
    FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Bar_left0%FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Bar_left11%FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 3 ]
    FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Bar_left11%FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 6 ]
    FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Bar_left21%FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Bar_right [21%] 

Total Votes: 28
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Empty FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!!

Post  Bulldog94 12.09.09 13:33

Vote for your favorite!
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Empty Re: FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!!

Post  Airsoftguy238 12.09.09 16:14

HK 416 should be up there
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!! Empty Re: FAVORITE ASSAULT RIFLE OF ALL TIME!!!!

Post  navyseal1000 12.09.09 16:28

M4A1. I have always been in love with them, they are all around excellent reliable guns and very trusty out on the field. They have style and good mags, very accurate, deadly, good in the airsoft world as well. They pack alot of ''everything'' while being drop dead sexy
    So, M4A1/M16A2
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 12.09.09 16:31

navyseal1000 wrote:M4A1. I have always been in love with them, they are all around excellent reliable guns and very trusty out on the field. They have style and good mags, very accurate, deadly, good in the airsoft world as well. They pack alot of ''everything'' while being drop dead sexy
    So, M4A1/M16A2
    The 416 has been proven more reliable than the m4
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 12.09.09 17:08

navyseal1000 wrote:M4A1. I have always been in love with them, they are all around excellent reliable guns
    The DI system is a piece of junk if you ask me.
    sealdude36
    sealdude36

Post  sealdude36 12.09.09 18:23

I used to hate the m4, but after being around it for so long I've come to really apreciate it; it's easy to modify, it's relatively small, and all the gear that's being sold right now is made to accomodate the M4. I really don't know if they're gonna be able to ever replace the M4, but we'll see
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 12.09.09 19:48

Sig 552&556
    HK 416
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 12.09.09 20:39

Haha.. i vote masada! even though its not really called that anymore and made by a diff company and not on the list...

Post  Guest 12.09.09 23:26

AK47. Big bullet, awesome design, super reliable, super cheap.
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 13.09.09 1:29

Yeah they are great guns minus the heavy recoil and low accuracy.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 13.09.09 10:16

navyseal1000 wrote:Yeah they are great guns minus the heavy recoil and low accuracy.
    the ak47 is one of the most accurate assualt rifles around the recoil is not bad at all comparing to other guns.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 13.09.09 10:30

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:
    navyseal1000 wrote:Yeah they are great guns minus the heavy recoil and low accuracy.
    the ak47 is one of the most accurate assualt rifles around the recoil is not bad at all comparing to other guns.

FAIL. Yes the AK47 is a dependable rifle, but the accuracy is inferior to most other guns.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 13.09.09 10:40

Epic Fail. It's one of the worst assult rifles when it comes to accuracy. The recoil is horrid compared to most of the guns. Like Paul said it is very cheap and realible. Plus it almost never jams.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 13.09.09 10:43

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't trust an AK47 over 50m. And here's why,

But, I do say that the AKs are very reliable, and cheap (Somalia $.50, lol). I still went with the M4/M16.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 13.09.09 11:37

reconsniperga wrote:To tell you the truth, I wouldn't trust an AK47 over 50m. And here's why,

But, I do say that the AKs are very reliable, and cheap (Somalia $.50, lol). I still went with the M4/M16.

Iv'e seen that Vid...good post!
    I love the AK47 for it's reliability and it's Knock down power.
    But the accuracy does stink!
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 13.09.09 12:13

Crazy Twitch wrote:

Epic Fail. It's one of the worst assult rifles when it comes to accuracy. The recoil is horrid compared to most of the guns. Like Paul said it is very cheap and realible. Plus it almost never jams.

Yeah thats the whole point, low accuracy and heavy recoil makes a huge con. I had a friend that shot a AK and a M4 together and he says the M4 had groupings that were almost perfect from 100 ft. The Ak hit the target 4 out of 10 times, he says all because of the recoil. M4 had 9 out of 10.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 13.09.09 12:22

navyseal1000 wrote:
    Crazy Twitch wrote:

Yeah thats the whole point, low accuracy and heavy recoil makes a huge con. I had a friend that shot a AK and a M4 together and he says the M4 had groupings that were almost perfect from 100 ft. The Ak hit the target 4 out of 10 times, he says all because of the recoil. M4 had 9 out of 10.

The sums up the point. I would always rather choose the M4 any day over the Ak 47. I would always sacrifice power for accuracy and recoil. When it comes to real guns of coarse.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 13.09.09 12:29

In the field I wouldn't use a AR though. Simply because it is not as dependable as say a SCAR or Sig.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 13.09.09 13:09

Lone Wolf wrote:In the field I wouldn't use a AR though. Simply because it is not as dependable as say a SCAR or Sig.

But while I've been talking to service men at airsoft Atlanta(this one was a Navy Coreman), he said by far they would rather choose an M4 over the SCAR, Sig, or XM8. The reason, they don't compare to the M4. He said half way through his tour of duty, they were able to try out the XM8 and SCAR. He said everyone, including himself, switch right back to the M4. He stated that its just too good of fun. These new guns don't even compare to it. Then he showed me some sick pics of his M4 and then brought us out to his car to show us all of his gear! Very Happy

Post  Guest 13.09.09 14:56

The problem in terms of accuracy for the AK-47 has alot more to do with user operation than actual trajectory. The sights are very simple, and the recoil can be a hinderence. However, put an aim assist on that AK47 and youve solved one problem, than put straight-line stock on it and your recoil problem is significantly reduced. You still wont match the accuracy of the M16, few rifles can, but you'll have yourself one heck of a gun. As for the M4/M16 over the SCAR, Ive got a bud in the 75th Ranger's over in Afghanistan, his opinion is the opposite. The SCAR has the same trajectory, same everything as the M4/M16, except its much more modular as uses a different impingment system, a more reliable one. The problem is disassembly and actions to take for jams. Its just a little different, but thats enough to throw off anyone who was drilled to fire the M16.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 01.05.24 19:58