Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+5
Tinman
grease
ontargetairsoft
NJSC
wallaby
9 posters

Operation: Great Fortune November 7, 2009 at Area 13 Airsoft

wallaby
    wallaby

Operation: Great Fortune November 7, 2009 at Area 13 Airsoft Empty Operation: Great Fortune November 7, 2009 at Area 13 Airsoft

Post  wallaby 27.09.09 16:02

Hosted by Peach State Airsoft Forum

Read the original thread here

Story Line

War. Africa has been rife with war since the end of European colonialism. This war is no different. Neither side is willing to call it war quite yet, but almost daily exchanges of fire across the border, as well as sketchy reports of cross border raiding activity have all but the most hopeful observers saying all out war is inevitable. Join the forces of either the People's Liberation Militia of Umbazi or the United Front of Kakurisa. There are no good guys in this war, your side will be what you choose to make it. There will be plenty of opportunities to prove your nature throughout the many, many missions we have planned for this event.

Preregistration!
    Click here to preregister!

Please indicate your choice of side on the registration form.

GAME INTEL

Date
    November 7th!

Raffle
    We will be giving away a BRAND NEW JG m16! This is all thanks to OnTarget Airsoft. We thank them for donating the gun for us to raffle off! Everyone gets a ticket for the raffle included in their admission.

Schedule
    8:30 - CHECK IN/CHRONO OPENS
    9:30 - SAFETY BRIEFING - If you miss this safety briefing you may have to wait until well after game start for another safety briefing!
    9:45 - COMMANDER'S BRIEFING - Be there! This is where your commander gives out orders!
    10:00 - GAME START
    1:30 - LUNCH
    2:15 - COMMANDER'S BRIEFING
    2:30 - GAME BACK ON
    5:00 - DINNER (Raffle winner will be picked)
    5:45 - COMMANDER'S BRIEFING
    6:00 - GAME BACK ON - Night Mission! (Sunset is 5:30-ish)
    ??? - GAME OVER!

Please plan on being on the field for 3+ hours at a time. There will be NO breaks in activity other than the planned meal breaks. This means you may want to bring a can of ammo, a spare weapon, and some snacks onto the field. Bring plenty of water as well! You are, of course, free to leave the field but respawn rules will apply.

Player Limit
    There will be a strict limit of 50 players. We will not accept any players after 50. To ensure that you have a spot on the field, please pre-register. If you choose not pre-register and instead choose to walk on you may be turned away!!! Please make sure that you pre-register or that you show up early if you are walking on! Having played at Area 13 we feel this limit will allow the maximum amount of fun, while still letting as many people as possible experience this event.

Age Limits:
    We are waiting from word from area 13 on what their insurance requires.

We reserve the right to apply PSA rules (14-15 with parent guardian playing and full face mask or 16+ w/ waiver and full face mask) where they are more restrictive.

There will be NO RENTAL GUNS, you must have your own gun!

640 Kelly Farm Rd
    Newnan, GA 30265

Cost
    $25 (pre-registered up to one week before the event), $30 (Walk on registration)
    Pre-registration is now open!!

Ammo
    Bring your own BBs.
    Chrono will be done with .20, however any weight is acceptable on the field.

FPS limts
    400FPS @.20g with 20' MED for AEGs
    500FPS @.20g with 100' MED for bolt action or semi auto only rifles. In addition, you will be required to field a sub 400FPS @.20g gun as a sidearm.

MEDS will be enforced, and there will be a test for the 100' MED before you are allowed to field any weapons over 400FPS.

Safety Requirements
    Full sealed goggles, full face protection(<14)
    RED KILL RAGS REQUIRED!!!

Medic Rules
    We will be using a medical supplies based medic system. Team Commanders will be issued medical supplies, and additional supplies can be obtained throughout the game. Supplies can be used by any player to heal any other player one time during the mandatory 3 minute bleed out. If you are wounded again after being healed you are dead, and must respawn.

Respawn Rules
    Each side will have a designated respawn. When you reach the respawn you will sign in and wait for a number of other players (TBD) to return to the respawn as well. Once you have the requisite number, you are all immediately back in the game.

Uniform Requirement
    You must wear an appropriate BDU type uniform. Color and pattern do not matter for this event, as it will be an arm tape game, HOWEVER no civilian attire will be allowed on the field, as there will be role players. This includes the "Contractor" style load out (black shirt and tan pants, etc)

Team Commanders
    Please contact Wallaby or Gibbs if you wish to be considered for the Commander Role. This is NOT a first come first serve situation.
    People's Liberation Militia of Umbazi:
    United Front of Kakurisa:

Special Roles
    Combat Engineer: 1 per side
    Machine Gunner: up to 2 per side, MUST use real MG replica (MG36, M249, M240, M60 etc)
    Intelligence officer: 1 per side
    Please contact Wallaby or Gibbs if you want to be considered for a special role.

"If its not an American flag, its probably a bomb."

Last edited by wallaby on 27.09.09 20:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)
    wallaby
    wallaby

Operation: Great Fortune November 7, 2009 at Area 13 Airsoft Empty Re: Operation: Great Fortune November 7, 2009 at Area 13 Airsoft

Post  wallaby 27.09.09 16:35

Aggressor Dog wrote:What if their simply arent enough MG to go around. Couldnt we just have some squads without MGs? In which case the role of MGs would be assigned to those without MGs? Then wouldnt that make the inclusion of mandatory MG style weapons completely unfounded?

Aggressor Dog wrote:Considering that both will be firing at the enemy in the same manner, I dont see the difference between an MG and a Rifleman in airsoft... but Ill take your word for it. Hopefully Ill be able to make it.

There will be missions in which only MG gunners can fire FA. If we do not have enough MG's to fill the 2 slots per side, then commanders can designate 2 MG gunners with an extra strip of tape on the players arm (for easy ID by refs). First preference will go to someone who is willing to field a realistic MG replica with box mag, etc. In addition, future PSA games will have loadout/magazine restrictions that make MG gunners (with huge box mags) more useful. We will be phasing these rules in over our next events.

Bulldog94 wrote:Sign me up for Commander! but i need to know if it will actsactly be on November 7 or 14...

Please PM me if you would like to be considered for a commander role. We will be taking applicants for commander role, but this is not a first come first serve position.

grease wrote:Sounds awesome. I'll clear the calender and register as soon as the date is set.

Please see the updated post with the final event date.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Operation: Great Fortune November 7, 2009 at Area 13 Airsoft Empty Re: Operation: Great Fortune November 7, 2009 at Area 13 Airsoft

Post  NJSC 27.09.09 17:57

I don't want to be shot by a real life MG. Just Joshing you this looks interesting.
    wallaby
    wallaby

Post  wallaby 29.09.09 19:09

Update:

Profits from the game will be going to the Red Cross Atlanta Flood Relief effort. We hope that this will shine a good light on the Airsoft world, and help our local communities at the same time.
    ontargetairsoft
    ontargetairsoft

Post  ontargetairsoft 13.10.09 9:43

All,

Area13 will have the Operation Home Front Banner at the PSA Event to gather more signatures. This will be the Banner's last stop before it heads to a FOB (Forward Operating Base) Somewhere in Iraq or Afghanistan. Show up, shoot, and show your support!!

If you have questions, let me know.

Regards,
    Daryle
    grease
    grease

Post  grease 15.10.09 21:38

hey, where do we go to register for the event?
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 15.10.09 22:03

grease wrote:hey, where do we go to register for the event?

HERE
    kliner

Post  kliner 27.10.09 20:30

Area 13 rules state limit is 420 for AEG's with .20's. Is this gonna be the chrono rules or will the 400 limit be in place as stated in the OP rundown posted earlier?
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 28.10.09 6:21

Area13 is 400fps with .25 per NSERA insurance regulations.
    (That generally would translate to about 420 with .20)
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 28.10.09 7:32

This OP looks great...Especially with night play at Area 13. Remember everyone, This IS NOT a Members only game. This is an open OP but does have a limit of 50 people to keep game play at it's best. So register now to save your spot. http://forums.peachstateairsoft.com/index.php?app=custompages&do=show&pageId=3
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 28.10.09 11:24

Everyone will also have a chance to order Pizza from my wife as lunch,And we also have chips and gatorade for sale through out the day.Pizza combos are 2 slices of pizza and a gatoade for 5 dollars or you can buy 1 slice for 2 dollars or get a team pizza for 10 dollars there is no limit in team pizzas.So just bring some extra cash and enjoy a hot lunch at the field. cheers
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 28.10.09 12:04

I'll have to miss this one. Sounds like it will be great but I got a better offer!

I'll be in Savannah for the weekend with my honey celebrating our anniversary! cheers cheers cheers
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 28.10.09 12:13

Yea i hear ya you just keep her happy so you can come out later and play some airsoft.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 28.10.09 13:04

kliner wrote:Area 13 rules state limit is 420 for AEG's with .20's. Is this gonna be the chrono rules or will the 400 limit be in place as stated in the OP rundown posted earlier?

I was just in contact with Gibbs the Admin of PSA and he asked me to post that FPS limit at OP Great Fortune WILL Be 400 with .2
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 28.10.09 17:42

Chief wrote:I'll have to miss this one. Sounds like it will be great but I got a better offer!

I'll be in Savannah for the weekend with my honey celebrating our anniversary! cheers cheers cheers

That is a WAAAAAAY better offer!!
    Happy Anniversay!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 19:29