Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+11
jjmittelman
Airsoftguy238
ownage1
Blackhawk 5
BigD
reconsniperga
Q-bald
{ACE}Steve-o
Gunny1.5
NJSC
Stalker
15 posters

The Manliest Firearms

Stalker
    Stalker

The Manliest Firearms Empty The Manliest Firearms

Post  Stalker 20.11.09 3:49

Starting a list of what you believe to be the manliest firearm. It can be post-production era, modern, or in development (with tested prototype). So basically anything except for purely conceptual weapons. Keep in mind this list is in no order, it is simply what we each believe to be deserving of the title "Manliest Firearm".

BTW, http://arthurshall.com/x_2007_manly_firearms.shtml is a great website which inspired this topic. Everyone should read through it.

Some categories to judge by:
    Service life (how long has it been used)
    Operational effectiveness (does it accomplish its task)
    Versatility (how many tasks can it complete)
    Reliability (do I need to explain?)
    Innovation (did it create or advance any new technology?)

also, more 'direct' manly traits...
    Does it kick hard?
    Does it shoot big chunks of metal?
    Does it shoot lots of them, fast?
    Does it knock things down at 1000 yards?
    Does it come from somewhere awesome?
    Does it look freakin' sweet?

and so on...

Last edited by Stalker on 20.11.09 4:11; edited 3 times in total
    Stalker
    Stalker

The Manliest Firearms Empty Re: The Manliest Firearms

Post  Stalker 20.11.09 4:08

I'll start it off:

Mosin Nagant 91/30

Produced from 1891-1965, still in service
    Cheap, easy to make, easy to use, 7.62x54R will take out what it contacts.
    Can be used anywhere from the trenches to the mountains, from 100yds-1000yds.
    Could bury in mud for years, recover it, and shoot it almost like new. Built like a wood & metal tank.
    Not super inventive, just put a lot of good stuff together.

Kicks like a mule
    7.62x54R is a POWERFUL round.
    ROF is on the slow side, but with over 37000000 made, does it matter?
    Will slice through steel at long range
    IMO, yes, it looks beastly vintage, hardcore, and Russian manly.

Partially taken from the website listed in the topic post...
    The Mosin has been used in the Russo-Japanese War, World War I, Russian Civil War, Chinese Civil War, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, Spanish Civil War, as well as multiple more Western European conflicts. It only has 5 rounds, but that will force you to be that much more careful and make every shot count. The safety is a pain to engage, but it doesn't matter, you should be shooting anyway. In case your hundreds of Mosins on the front line run out of their 7.62x54R ammo which will cut through anything and knock down everything, the weapon is built solid enough you can use it as a 4 foot club, or attach the leg-long bayonet and use it as a nearly 6 foot spear.

And again, its Russian. Can't forget that.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 20.11.09 9:40

Colt Peacemaker. I don't know what other gun could be more manly than that.
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 20.11.09 22:40

I'm not much a fan of revolvers at all, but I think the S&W 500 might be manlier.
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 25.11.09 20:46

bump: lol I'm not selling anything, but seriously! Am I the only one who likes big, REAL guns?!?
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 25.11.09 20:53

Henry repeating shotgun

the original
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 25.11.09 22:43

Taurus Judge 5 410 Shotgun shells will mess someones face up real good (or .45 long colt)
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 26.11.09 0:51

The repeater I will a agree is pretty original. Apart from that, pistols? I mean it's just my opinion, but I do believer we can get some more powerful stuff on here. Come on! lol
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 26.11.09 1:43

NJSC wrote:Taurus Judge 5 410 Shotgun shells will mess someones face up real good (or .45 long colt)

+1.

How about a glock 21?
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 26.11.09 2:21

Glocks are pretty hardcore. Go to http://arthurshall.com/x_2007_manly_firearms.shtml and read #9 (Mosin Nagant) and #8 (GLOCK). His style of writing is quite humorous and very good.

Now that I think about it, you might as well read all of it. I don't agree with the order of manliness, and I think there are some better ones, but it's still a great read.

Anyone else? If you really like pistols, keep 'em coming, but I honestly don't see how a pistol can out do a hard-core rifle.
    And give some reasons!
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 26.11.09 9:12

What was the name of the Rifle in that vid that knocked down every guy who shot it?
    That thing was pretty manly.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 26.11.09 10:35

That was the .577 T-Rex
    BigD

Post  BigD 26.11.09 11:24

S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum. Making punks question their luck since 1971.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 26.11.09 13:24

what? no handheld GAU-8?
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 26.11.09 19:41

Haha nice! I'm liking the GAU-8. Next question would be, though it undoubtedly has a crapload of firepower, what else does it have to deserve the title of manly?

And the .557? I'm leaning with you on that. It's pretty hardcore (though I wonder how practical it is Razz )
    ownage1
    ownage1

Post  ownage1 02.12.09 22:23

Galil is pretty manly
    israel + AK47=very manly

Post  Guest 02.12.09 23:48

The Deringer. It killed a President in front of an audience of people, then the dude using it got away after breaking his leg from jumping 20 ft onto a stage. Manly.
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 03.12.09 0:05

Aggressor wrote:The Deringer. It killed a President in front of an audience of people, then the dude using it got away after breaking his leg from jumping 20 ft onto a stage. Manly.

Oh H-E-Double Hockey Sticks yeah
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 03.12.09 0:30

For real? Because honestly I would not consider killing an American President manly. Cowardly and unpatriotic, yes. Besides, how does killing one person make it more manly than weapons which have been used to attack or defend millions? And with that aside... what makes it manly? lol. I'm on a quest here, you do realize. Though personally I can't shoot very much, I have a loving passion for firearms and want to find something extremely manly. And the more evidence you have (refer to original post) the more convincing an argument will be. I want to be convinced. Even if its a gun I've seen before, I could still be convinced if presented with enough evidence, or even info I've never seen before (unlikely but possible lol). Is there anyone who really likes guns enough to step up to the full challenge? I mean I'm talking caliber, combat effectiveness, etc. Again, refer to original post.

Oh and btw sorry if I come off a bit harsh. Ask anyone who knows me, I'm actually quite easy-going and not mean spirited at all. I guess I just come off wrong. Poor, misunderstood me... Razz
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 03.12.09 8:14

well if you want caliber and efectivness then Barret .50 Cal. M107 Sniper

Post  Guest 03.12.09 10:32

The Deringer. Once again. A tiny little pistol, with barely enough power to kill someone. If you can use it to kill someone, you are manly. You make the mistake of saying that being manly means you are of good conscience. Ill use direct examples from that website you shared. Ghengis Khan was manly, however he also raped women and murdered children. The Spartans were manly, however they pillaged Greece and murdered unwanted children and were the primary slave owners of Greece and privy to executions at the slightest of crimes. Pirates were manly, however, the R A P E D women (alot of people listed on that website has been known to have been involved in rape, it was a very common occurence in the past before serious law enforcement) robbed people, and left them to die of thirst in the ocean after robbing their ships and burning it, dieing of thirst is just as bad as being tortured to death. Ill make my point once more, the Deringer is a manly weapon, because it purpose it to kill from point blank range, you can shoot someone from far off with alot of weapons, but staring a guy int he face and then putting a weapon right into his flesh is a whole other matter. Like I said, it was used to kill a U.S. President in front of an audience of people, from point blank range, the user than jumped 20 ft off of a balcony into the stage right in front of the entire crowd, breaking his leg, and still escaped. Morally correct? No. Manly? You better believe it. If you consider that cowardly your sorely mistaken.
    The Manliest Firearms Pistol2b
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 03.12.09 12:03

So what you are saying is you have to rape women to be manly? jk jk It definitely would take a pair to take out the president with a daringer. But what is even more manly is the bow with exploding arrows used by Arnold in Predator. I think the exploding arrows make it a firearm, plus he shot an arrow through a tree.
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 03.12.09 17:23

NJSC wrote:So what you are saying is you have to rape women to be manly? jk jk It definitely would take a pair to take out the president with a daringer. But what is even more manly is the bow with exploding arrows used by Arnold in Predator. I think the exploding arrows make it a firearm, plus he shot an arrow through a tree.

True that... pretty rediculous. Both cool and impossible haha

and Aggressor, THAT's what I'm looking for. I just like a good argument, lol. I agree now, the Derringer is pretty manly, though in quite a different way the other weaponry. Well done Smile

As for the 107, that is indeed pretty beastly, but I need more than just the fact that the bullet has more energy at 1000 yards than a .44 magnum at point blank (Quote "Shooter").
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 03.12.09 17:47

Ohhh geeze.....an argument person! Rolling Eyes Laughing

How about a Ruger LCP......those suckers are tiny but man they have some power. U can only get 3 fingers around the gun and it about kicks out of your hand. Shocked
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 03.12.09 18:57

lol, argument person... kinda. Not in everyday things though, thank goodness. Razz

As for the LCP, my dad was actually thinking about getting one. Then he found out the Kel-Tec is basically the exact same but way lighter. My problem is that the bullet it fires... well, a .380 Auto is FAR from the manliest thing. The energy the bullet has is, well, really really small.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 19:55