Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+11
jjmittelman
Airsoftguy238
ownage1
Blackhawk 5
BigD
reconsniperga
Q-bald
{ACE}Steve-o
Gunny1.5
NJSC
Stalker
15 posters

The Manliest Firearms

{ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

The Manliest Firearms - Page 2 Empty Re: The Manliest Firearms

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 03.12.09 23:23

Stalker wrote:lol, argument person... kinda. Not in everyday things though, thank goodness. Razz

As for the LCP, my dad was actually thinking about getting one. Then he found out the Kel-Tec is basically the exact same but way lighter. My problem is that the bullet it fires... well, a .380 Auto is FAR from the manliest thing. The energy the bullet has is, well, really really small.

Hold a Kel-tec and hold a LCP..... LCP wins by far. trust me, i have held both and have a LCP. . . . . . .380 is manly in my opinion..... Small bullet that packs one hell of a punch. Have u shot one??? THing jumps almost like my Glock, and it's less than half it's size. You can put the LCP in your jean pocket and no body knows it's there... very manly gun in my opinion.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 03.12.09 23:39

If you wanna go fo mamly even though this ISNT a fire arm a knife in a war is beyond manly. There are so many variables about stabbing someone that dont apply for shooting someone and with some bullets its almost a guaranteed(sp) kill. Also in a war if your in that close of combat to use your knife odds are your definatly a brave man. Look at that seen in Saving Pvt. Ryan to me the most intense scene is the knife scene.

Post  Guest 04.12.09 0:03

The odds of using knives in modern warfare are incredibly small. The presence of semi-automatic and fully automatic firearms that are precise at varying ranges on the battlefield in multitude is so high that the current combatives system is based on the principles of defense, so that you can hold your opponent in your guard or keep him from killing you so that a friendly with his firearm can come and finish the job.

Also, to NJCS, the point I was making was that many of those considered to be manly are most definitely not of decent moral fiber, hence morality should not be factored into the manliness equation.
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 04.12.09 21:00

{ACE}Steve-o wrote:Hold a Kel-tec and hold a LCP..... LCP wins by far. trust me, i have held both and have a LCP. . . . . . .380 is manly in my opinion..... Small bullet that packs one hell of a punch. Have u shot one??? THing jumps almost like my Glock, and it's less than half it's size. You can put the LCP in your jean pocket and no body knows it's there... very manly gun in my opinion.

Woah woah slow down. Did you just measure the force of a .380 by it's recoil?!? Off base on so many levels. First of all, the gun has way less mass, so of course the recoil is larger! F(force) = m(mass) X a(acceleration), use that for the recoil. Small mass of gun and huge force of bullet exiting (relative to 'regular' forces around you, not other bullets) means that acceleration is going to be really high. That means a lot of recoil because your body's mass will have to absorb all of the rest of the force.

Now the physics of the bullet itself. A .380 has lower "power" (actually energy) than pretty much every other pistol round, excluding the .22 and .25 (really really small). E(energy) = .5(mass)(velocity)^2. so lets calculate it. A 92 grain .380 will travel about 955fps. That equals about 186foot pounds of force. You give me ANY other pistol round (except for weird and random stuff) and I'll calculate its energy. It will be more, I can pretty much guarantee it. btw if you don't trust my calcs, http://billstclair.com/energy.html

Point is, a gun can have a lot of recoil with a bullet with much less energy because of the mass of the weapon. Second point is that the .380 does NOT have much energy. At all. The closest thing to it I could find is a 9x18 Makarov, 95grain bullet at 1017fps, and its energy is about 218foot pounds.
    jjmittelman
    jjmittelman

Post  jjmittelman 05.12.09 22:21

if were talking fire power, why not the Minigun, or the howitzer, or that new magnetic gun that is supposed to be able to shoot a projectile 400miles with enough energy to destroy everything within a 50m radius...

But seriously, the McMillan Tac-50 is the ultimate gun. it scored the record kill at 2.5km. can't get more firepower and accuracy than that.

As far as "manliness", i go w/ the AK47. it has the most kills in the world, and it has a ton of power and it looks BA if u use it right...
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 05.12.09 23:17

Lol the T50 is basically an M700 on 'roids. Lol it is pretty manly. You seen a silencer (yes, there is one) on that thing???
    http://www.canadiantactical.ca/Images/McMillan50.jpg
    http://www.fcsa.co.uk/swissfcsa/images/P1000737.JPG

And yes Josh, it can look BA. Kinda like this dude... remember?
    http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/war-face-demotivational-poster-1200163691.jpg
    (for anyone who disagrees, thatvis an AK turned on the side, look closely)

Also, I want to hear from anyone who still says the .380 is manly.
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 06.12.09 0:53

Desert Eagle 50 cal Gold plated
    TrunkMonkey
    TrunkMonkey

Post  TrunkMonkey 06.12.09 1:31

navyseal1000 wrote:Desert Eagle 50 cal Gold plated

Ehhh no, not really, in-fact not at all.

M60 wins, me thinks.

The Manliest Firearms - Page 2 Rambo
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 06.12.09 3:13

Yeah, gold plated does not make it manly, just flamboyant. Read that article I originally posted...

As for the M60, yes. Manly, agreed. Now back it up, lol
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 06.12.09 22:56

Stalker wrote:
    {ACE}Steve-o wrote:Hold a Kel-tec and hold a LCP..... LCP wins by far. trust me, i have held both and have a LCP. . . . . . .380 is manly in my opinion..... Small bullet that packs one hell of a punch. Have u shot one??? THing jumps almost like my Glock, and it's less than half it's size. You can put the LCP in your jean pocket and no body knows it's there... very manly gun in my opinion.

Woah woah slow down. Did you just measure the force of a .380 by it's recoil?!? Off base on so many levels. First of all, the gun has way less mass, so of course the recoil is larger! F(force) = m(mass) X a(acceleration), use that for the recoil. Small mass of gun and huge force of bullet exiting (relative to 'regular' forces around you, not other bullets) means that acceleration is going to be really high. That means a lot of recoil because your body's mass will have to absorb all of the rest of the force.

Now the physics of the bullet itself. A .380 has lower "power" (actually energy) than pretty much every other pistol round, excluding the .22 and .25 (really really small). E(energy) = .5(mass)(velocity)^2. so lets calculate it. A 92 grain .380 will travel about 955fps. That equals about 186foot pounds of force. You give me ANY other pistol round (except for weird and random stuff) and I'll calculate its energy. It will be more, I can pretty much guarantee it. btw if you don't trust my calcs, http://billstclair.com/energy.html

Point is, a gun can have a lot of recoil with a bullet with much less energy because of the mass of the weapon. Second point is that the .380 does NOT have much energy. At all. The closest thing to it I could find is a 9x18 Makarov, 95grain bullet at 1017fps, and its energy is about 218foot pounds.

Really though, those calculations don't mean much to me. FAct is, if you take a .308 in the chest, your messed up. Which goes for alot of guns. What makes this gun a beast is like u said, it is rather small. It can fit in my hoodie pocket and you would never know it was there. I understand it is going to jump due to the fact it is small, but it still has power. Regardless of the size of the bullet, it is big enough to kill. If you know the range of your gun, and know how to use it, your set. I know what the LCP can do, i've spent time at the range to know how
    far it will shoot accurately.

Fact of the matter is, it is not a gun someone would randomly say was manly, that is why i threw it out there. Of course everyone will say a m249, or a ar-15.....but what about a gun you can conceal in your blue jean pockets without it being visible, that's pretty beast in my opinion.
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 06.12.09 23:18

So basically the same argument as the Derringer, except not quite as cool because you get only 1-2 bullets in a Derringer. Lol

oh and I hope you meant .380 not .308... haha get hit with a .308 and part of you may not exist anymore!
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 06.12.09 23:27

Stalker wrote:So basically the same argument as the Derringer, except not quite as cool because you get only 1-2 bullets in a Derringer. Lol

oh and I hope you meant .380 not .308... haha get hit with a .308 and part of you may not exist anymore!

I definitely meant .380. lol
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 06.12.09 23:28

Stalker wrote:Yeah, gold plated does not make it manly, just flamboyant. Read that article I originally posted...

As for the M60, yes. Manly, agreed. Now back it up, lol

that picture is all the backing up he needs to provide. Duh....let's hear you call Rambo "unmanly"
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 06.12.09 23:36

Alright, alright... M60 is automatically manly. But only because of Rambo! Lol. If it weren't for him I'd need some 'splainin.

Post  Guest 06.12.09 23:59

The M60 is manly because it was designed to be able to fire from under the arm as well as from the prone(not shouldered, but literally held in your armpit). Men in the SEALs most notably wered trained to fire the M60 from this commonly hollywood only position with excellent accuracy, and did so in Vietnam. You cant get more manly than firing at someone with lethal effectiveness from a MMG held under your shoulder.
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 07.12.09 0:07

Aggressor wrote:The M60 is manly because it was designed to be able to fire from under the arm as well as from the prone(not shouldered, but literally held in your armpit). Men in the SEALs most notably wered trained to fire the M60 from this commonly hollywood only position with excellent accuracy, and did so in Vietnam. You cant get more manly than firing at someone with lethal effectiveness from a MMG held under your shoulder.

Nice. I actually did not know that. Indeed, that is manly.
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 13.12.09 11:32

Minigun beats M60!
    jjmittelman
    jjmittelman

Post  jjmittelman 13.12.09 12:33

navyseal1000 wrote:Minigun beats M60!
    I second that motion! all in favor of minigun, say "aye"!
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 13.12.09 15:22

Post  Guest 13.12.09 16:34

Firearm - –noun
    a small arms weapon, as a rifle or pistol, from which a projectile is fired by gunpowder.

The "minigun" you speak of (specifically the M134) is not classified as small arms. It is classified as a cannon although it fires 7.62 . Hence it does not fall into the firearms category.
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 13.12.09 20:20

True, true. Nevertheless, it has a crapload of power.

So, anyone else want to suggest one? It's not like there's a limit. I'll go ahead and add the M1 Garand. Not the carbine, that one sucks. The Garand is awesome. It has even more power and accuracy than the Mosin Nagant (read my first/second post) as well as a 3 more round capacity, and is semi-automatic on top of that. It defeated the Axis powers in WWII, was used in the Korean war, and the M14 (based from the M1) was used in Vietnam. In fact, some M1s even made it this far and saw service as sniper rifles. Also, in WWII, the Germans noted the notorious 'clank' the clip made when ejected once the weapon was out of ammunition. At this point they would pop up and pop us. (haha). But, not to be outdone, the US troops realized this and began throwing clips onto the ground to make the Germans pop up. Then, BAM, multiple headshots would follow. Finally, the M1 is still used in drills and in Honor Guards mainly because it is so well respected was so influential in the US military. So... not only does this rifle pack power and accuracy, it is a display of American intelligence and honor, and a great symbol of patriotism. Live on, M1.

Post  Guest 14.12.09 0:52

I would not go so far as to claim that the M1 Garand defeated the Axis powers. The Axis powers where defeated by a very large combination of factors, most notably their defeat on the Russian front and the sheer ability of the United States to supply incredible amounts of ammunition, weapons, planes, tank, and boats to the Allied cause. While the M1 Garand was an excellent weapon system the Germans where the best troops of WWII and utilized the MG42 more effectively than any other weapon wielded on the battlefield.Not saying that the M1 Garand wasnt a manly weapon, just saying it didn't lend as much as you might think to defeating the Germans. Another suggestion for manliest firearm could be the .30Cal/.50Cal Browning design, two weapons but essentially the exact same gun on a different scale. Ill follow up with why later.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 14.12.09 1:23

It is a fun rifle to shoot though.

Has anyone said anything about the FAL yet? I got a chance to fire one last week, and I've got to say that it's a pretty manly weapon. It's got enough punch to where you don't feel like a 5.56-firing pansy, but it's manageable enough to where you can shoot rapidly and aim. The 7.62 NATO round really does have great ballistics. If only it wasn't so bulky. It's lighter than a lot of other 7.62 NATO platforms, and it's just a comfortable gun to hold. I guess it'd be hard to control on full-auto, but a manly man that shaves with a chainsaw and gets drunk on pure gasoline would be able to control it. Some might say that a manly man wouldn't mind a heavy gun, but a truly manly man realizes that he can kill more enemy by cutting down weight on the rifle and carrying more ammunition and a bigger knife.

Plus, the adjustable gas system on the FAL is pretty nifty. Basically, you can adjust the gas regulator behind the front sight post without having to disassemble the rifle to allow for the firing of rifle grenades, adjust for weather conditions, etc.
    xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Post  xplodingbunnys 14.12.09 13:34

the only manly gun is a ac130 machine gun turrent. Try getting out of the way of 2,000 bullets in 10 secs lol. And an ac130 turrent with own a mini gun any day!!!!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 14.12.09 19:37

xplodingbunnys wrote:the only manly gun is a ac130 machine gun turrent. Try getting out of the way of 2,000 bullets in 10 secs lol. And an ac130 turrent with own a mini gun any day!!!!
    Autocannon, not firearm.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17.05.24 5:26