Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+2
NJSC
Pitbull
6 posters

Special Ops Mission on History Channel

Pitbull
    Pitbull

Special Ops Mission on History Channel Empty Special Ops Mission on History Channel

Post  Pitbull 04.02.10 10:21

Has anybody watched the show Special Ops on the History Channel its pretty cool . Alot of tactics used , one guy goes against three or 4 guys in different missions, he has a gun mounted camera . Check it out. I would think you could get it online at their web site too. Its paintball on real brass.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Special Ops Mission on History Channel Empty Re: Special Ops Mission on History Channel

Post  NJSC 04.02.10 11:49

Yeah we've discussed it before. He uses Simunition and it's only available to law enforcement and military. Also it's not very accurate and very expensive. Still a great show to watch!
    Pitbull
    Pitbull

Special Ops Mission on History Channel Empty Re: Special Ops Mission on History Channel

Post  Pitbull 04.02.10 12:01

I did a search before I posted for it but nothing came up, my bad
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 04.02.10 12:03

all good dude, no one is going to jump all over you just because you post about a discussion twice. It really is a good show I think. I've only seen a handful of episodes though. Some of those places would be amazing for airsoft!
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 04.02.10 17:56

Yeah he's also airforce para rescue "America's finest"
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 04.02.10 18:14

It's a great show! Just like NJSC said, its very expensive to train with that equipment and so law enforcement has gone to airsoft to train!
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 04.02.10 18:32

Bulldog94 wrote:Yeah he's also airforce para rescue "America's finest"

He was a Ranger before he was a PJ
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 04.02.10 18:53

Retherford wrote:

wrong, he was a PJ before ranger.. you have to go through ranger school when becoming a PJ
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 04.02.10 19:20

Bulldog94 wrote:
    Retherford wrote:

wrong, he was a PJ before ranger.. you have to go through ranger school when becoming a PJ

He was ending his time as a PJ when he started doing the show. Why would he be a PJ then join the Rangers then go back to the PJs
    BigD

Post  BigD 04.02.10 19:20

Bulldog94 wrote:
    Retherford wrote:

Thereby making him a ranger before a PJ
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 04.02.10 19:23

Retherford wrote:
    Bulldog94 wrote:
    Retherford wrote:

He was ending his time as a PJ when he started doing the show. Why would he be a PJ then join the Rangers then go back to the PJs

no you are misunderstanding me... he became a PJ but when you become a PJ you have to complete Ranger School along with Army airborne school and other schools.. he didnt just goto it and go back to PJ... do you see where im coming from now?

Last edited by Bulldog94 on 04.02.10 19:24; edited 1 time in total
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 04.02.10 19:23

Wil Willis
    Currently the host of Military Channel's high-endurance series, SPECIAL OPS MISSION, Wil Willis is a man whose vast array of military training and knowledge has earned him tactical skill sets that are unparalleled by most. Willis joined the Army on October 20, 1993. After completing basic training AIT and Basic Airborne School, he completed the Ranger Indoctrination Program (R.I.P.) and was assigned to a Co. 3d Battalion 75th Ranger Regt. Willis carried that post for four years and in June, 1998, he cross-trained to the Air Force. After completing the Air Force Pararescue Pipeline with a 90% attrition rate, he was stationed at the 56th Rescue Squadron in Keflavik Iceland as part of a ten man Pararescue Team. Willis received the Sirkorsky Rescue Award in 2001 for actions leading to the squadrons 299th Rescue in 2001. In 2002, Willis was reassigned to the 342nd Training Squadron and stationed at Kirtland, NM as an Instructor of Weapons, Tactics, and Air Operations. In August, 2007, he enlisted in the Air Force Reserves and was a Pararescue-man with the 308th Rescue Squadron, Patrick AFB FL, until August, 2008.

http://press.discovery.com/us/mil/talent/willis-wil/

You lose young one try again next time.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 04.02.10 19:34

Retherford wrote:Wil Willis
    Currently the host of Military Channel's high-endurance series, SPECIAL OPS MISSION, Wil Willis is a man whose vast array of military training and knowledge has earned him tactical skill sets that are unparalleled by most. Willis joined the Army on October 20, 1993. After completing basic training AIT and Basic Airborne School, he completed the Ranger Indoctrination Program (R.I.P.) and was assigned to a Co. 3d Battalion 75th Ranger Regt. Willis carried that post for four years and in June, 1998, he cross-trained to the Air Force. After completing the Air Force Pararescue Pipeline with a 90% attrition rate, he was stationed at the 56th Rescue Squadron in Keflavik Iceland as part of a ten man Pararescue Team. Willis received the Sirkorsky Rescue Award in 2001 for actions leading to the squadrons 299th Rescue in 2001. In 2002, Willis was reassigned to the 342nd Training Squadron and stationed at Kirtland, NM as an Instructor of Weapons, Tactics, and Air Operations. In August, 2007, he enlisted in the Air Force Reserves and was a Pararescue-man with the 308th Rescue Squadron, Patrick AFB FL, until August, 2008.

I see, good debate... but he still did join the "America's finest"

Post  Guest 04.02.10 20:45

Bulldog94 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Every unit in existence, EVERY UNIT IN EXISTENCE, calls themselves America's Finest. Please....you know what I can't say that on the forum because its just against the rules, but seriously Rolling Eyes

ParaRescue is cool, SF is cool, Force Recon is cool, SEALs are cool, end of story, all of them are "America's Finest" or whatever.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 04.02.10 20:51

[quote="Aggressor"]
    Bulldog94 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Every unit in existence, EVERY UNIT IN EXISTENCE, calls themselves America's Finest. Please....you know what I can't say that on the forum because its just against the rules, but seriously Rolling Eyes

ParaRescue is cool, SF is cool, Force Recon is cool, SEALs are cool, end of story, all of them are "America's Finest" or whatever.[/quo

yes, i agree..
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 04.02.10 23:55

Aggressor wrote:
    Bulldog94 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

ParaRescue is cool, SF is cool, Force Recon is cool, SEALs are cool, end of story, all of them are "America's Finest" or whatever.

Well said! They all serve there country!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18.05.24 20:49