Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

SS Airsoft "Adult Night" Wed 30 Mar

AK-Andrew
    AK-Andrew

SS Airsoft "Adult Night" Wed 30 Mar Empty SS Airsoft "Adult Night" Wed 30 Mar

Post  AK-Andrew 31.03.11 10:10

Trying to get my airsoft fix, I went to SS Airsoft's indoor field on Wednesday night. I saw it advertised on their Facebook page as "Adults Night".
    I got there aT 1700, bought some ammo and checked in. The price was reasonable- $10... for 4 hrs of play.
    Unfortunately, there were not many players. In fact, the age 18+ advertised was not in effect, because half the players were 16 or less. That was OK by me, because without them, we just would not have had enough players for anything.
    The first few games were 2 vs 3. Then a couple of more trickled in. Most games ended up 3 vs 3 or close to that. The standard SS games were run- Raise the Flags, VIP, Nuclear Threat, King of hill, ect..
    I dont know if this is to be a weekly event.

Some scenarios seemed to run good with that few people, but some- like KotH, were near impossible for a two-man team to win.
    I think the VIP games were the best...the tension built as the time ran out, and both games I played of this ended in glory-blazing rushes ending in lots of welts.
    I hope this will grow more people and be a weekly event, as many times I work on Saturdays and Sundays.
    It was very weird playing in there with 2 and 3 man teams. Most times Ive played the field, the rugrats were up in there thicker than mud and it can get to be just too many players for that small space. There was alot of sneaking and camping in the games Wed night.
    I had alot of fun, but dangit, I got to do something about fogging. Ive tried everything but fans. I had problems nearly every round with the goggles and it caused more than one friendly fire incident from me.

Pros:

*The field- most of you know..the best FPS graphics...anywhere.
    *The price- $10 for 4 hrs
    *The players- all serious players...no kids
    *The ref- called it fair and paid attention to the whole games-awesome job

Cons:

*Not enough players- I think they should get the word out more
    *Not enough players- some scenarios need more players to run right
    *Not enough players- I think I would have paid an extra $10 if some of the staff and the owner of the joint would have strapped up. lol
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

SS Airsoft "Adult Night" Wed 30 Mar Empty Re: SS Airsoft "Adult Night" Wed 30 Mar

Post  xyzpdq0121 31.03.11 10:21

Let me know next time you go up on an "Adult night" and I might try to get up there with my brother-in-law who lives around the corner. I really wish they would do "Adult night" on a Friday night instead of a Wednesday. I mean, the kids own that place the other 5 days a week they are open! I think more adults could make it if they did not have to work the next day, get dinner with the family, home work with the kids, etc. It really interests me though since I pretty much have stopped playing S.S. because you just can not fit 200 "munchkins" in that CQB field. I really like the field and still shop there but they need to take over that whole building with how big they have gotten! Wink

OFF TOPIC: Have you tried to wash your goggles with toothpaste and baby shampoo to create a "defogged" surface?
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

SS Airsoft "Adult Night" Wed 30 Mar Empty Re: SS Airsoft "Adult Night" Wed 30 Mar

Post  Silent_Option 31.03.11 12:16

Sounds like fun! Let us know if they do it again, I dont do Facespace so I'm counting on you.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 31.03.11 16:39

try going there Fri-Sat. Then you will have plenty of people
    AK-Andrew
    AK-Andrew

Post  AK-Andrew 31.03.11 17:02

just some kid wrote:try going there Fri-Sat. Then you will have plenty of people

Youll have plenty of something...I gurantee you that!
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 31.03.11 21:18

Friday night is kids night, and some of those fridays are nerf wars. Ive been in the shop on a friday night and it was a madhouse.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 02.04.11 17:27

I would assume they wont do adult night this wed. since its spring break, but if they do I may be able to go, and try-out the p90. Maybe A.A.R.P. could have a little meet and greet??
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 03.04.11 8:45

Silent_Option wrote:I would assume they wont do adult night this wed. since its spring break, but if they do I may be able to go, and try-out the p90. Maybe A.A.R.P. could have a little meet and greet??

That would be great but I doubt they are doing it this next week. I will keep my eyes open for the next Adult night and try to get A.A.R.P. there and having some fun!
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 03.04.11 9:03

Yeah they have spring break hours this week. I sent steve an email to see if they will continue to do it after spring break so I will update once he replies. Should be today since they're open.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 03.04.11 9:45

Just got a reply from Steve, and he says they plan to do it every other week until they get enough frequent players to go every week, so Wed. the 13th will prob be the next adult night.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 18:37