Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+7
Gunny1.5
Newnan Airsoft Player
#CW!!ZERO
NJSC
superchrisguy
flipa
theangryschnoodle
11 posters

Another new CQB field. "Delta Force Airsoft," Winder, GA.

theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Another new CQB field. "Delta Force Airsoft," Winder, GA. Empty Another new CQB field. "Delta Force Airsoft," Winder, GA.

Post  theangryschnoodle 04.05.11 16:25

I just found this, http://www.deltaforceairsoft.com/#

It looks promising, the field has more buidings than SSA and looks to be a little bit bigger, I still don't get why there aren't more fields like Safety Wolf, I'm going to try to make it up there again sometime soon. So many fields have speedball layouts that it's boring to play on them. Hopefully Delta Force will add more buildings and rooms. Another thing that kind of bothers me is "combat friendly" cover. It's been a growing trend with fields for the past couple years. To me the most fun field to play on is one that could pass off as not being an airsoft field, like the MOUT facilities they run Op Irene and Op Pine Plains on. The website kind of turned me away at first, mainly the pic at the top because I'm a snob when it comes to having good looking gear/guns Wink but the pics of the field looked good, I'm going to give it a try when I get some time to play. I just wish that more of these new fields were more proactive in the communities. Elite ops was a huge bust mainly because there were no experienced players, it didn't seem like they talked to anyone over the age of 18 who had much experience before they started, hopefully Delta Force will be better and appeal more to serious players because currently there are only a few fields that do that.

Last edited by theangryschnoodle on 04.05.11 17:29; edited 1 time in total
    flipa
    flipa

Another new CQB field. "Delta Force Airsoft," Winder, GA. Empty Re: Another new CQB field. "Delta Force Airsoft," Winder, GA.

Post  flipa 04.05.11 17:02

"No gas/C02 guns allowed"

I understand the C02 but gas? Does that mean any GBB aren't allowed? There goes my hopes of trying out a place.
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Another new CQB field. "Delta Force Airsoft," Winder, GA. Empty Re: Another new CQB field. "Delta Force Airsoft," Winder, GA.

Post  superchrisguy 04.05.11 18:25

I can't wait for this "CQB" fad to phase out.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 04.05.11 19:32

superchrisguy wrote:I can't wait for this "CQB" fad to phase out.
    I can't wait for you to phase out.

In all seriousness I really like CQB. Nothing I've played was as good as Old Skool. I wish I could have played at the mill though.
    I also think that most places are trying too hard. Things that are natural for the environment is a good thing. Seems like lots of places are trying to make the inside look like the outside with buildings, towers, rubble piles, trucks, etc. That's what I loved about the school. You had to jump over desks and push tables out of the way.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 04.05.11 21:11

I prefer CQB over woods most of the time, and I dont think its gonna go anywhere anytime soon lol, not with all these places that keep opening up
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Post  theangryschnoodle 04.05.11 22:05

I really like CQB but as NJSC said, they're trying too hard (btw that was the most genius thing I've read all day). I feel like airsoft is kind of deteriorating in GA. For some it's getting better but I feel like the huge wave of new, younger players from last year has not really seen much "real" airsoft. (I'm talking about the kids who have been playing for 1.5 years now and have never been anywhere else than SSA). There's a field in TN called Bad Karma and they do a "Noob Day" every year. They invite a few experienced and Geardo teams to come out, help play, show off gear etc. and try to get all of the new players to come out. They do classes on weapon/gear selection during the breaks and also do short tactics classes. As a new player by the time you leave you've picked up on skills/knowledge that would've taken you months to learn otherwise.

Kind of off topic but I kinda wanted to share.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 04.05.11 22:56

NJSC wrote:
    I can't wait for you to phase out.

In all seriousness I really like CQB. Nothing I've played was as good as Old Skool. I wish I could have played at the mill though.
    I also think that most places are trying too hard. Things that are natural for the environment is a good thing. Seems like lots of places are trying to make the inside look like the outside with buildings, towers, rubble piles, trucks, etc. That's what I loved about the school. You had to jump over desks and push tables out of the way.
    +1 but not sure whats Old Skool, they need to make the indoor places like old SAC... Low lighting, good and effective enivroments, and just plain fear of whos around the other corner. Wish they didn't close down.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 05.05.11 0:09

OLD SKOOL was when we played inside Union City Elementary that Union City SWAT kindly let us used and played along with us.
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 05.05.11 0:37

old skool by far has been the best cqb opportunity i have ever seen, it is almost as if they designed schools just so people with guns could have an advantage in them, lol
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 05.05.11 11:00

Ok, let me clarify. Old Skool WAS CQB. It was wicked awesome.

Most of these other places claim to be "CQB" and its really just a stalemate for around 4 hours. One team sits in a hallway and shoots the other team who sits down a hallway.

[/troll]
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Post  theangryschnoodle 05.05.11 12:28

I didn't play at Old Skool but I did play at SAC. SAC is with out doubt the best CQB I have ever played. It was real CQB, tons of corners, furniture, no lights (they even had light switches in the rooms), doors, computers, riot sheilds, etc. It could pass as an office/apartment area if there weren't bb's on the floor. It actually required use of CQB tactics, not the running and ninja rolling behind peoples cover so you can surrender them like all of the new "CQB" fields do. There were halls but it wasn't a stalemate, if you didn't want to fight down the halls you could just go through the rooms, most of the time you wouldn't see someone until they were right in front of you when you we're entering a room or rounding a corner. If another field could replicate that I would be a very happy guy.
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 05.05.11 15:32

kinda like the new cqb upstairs section at saftey wolf
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 05.05.11 17:19

theangryschnoodle wrote:I didn't play at Old Skool but I did play at SAC. SAC is with out doubt the best CQB I have ever played. It was real CQB, tons of corners, furniture, no lights (they even had light switches in the rooms), doors, computers, riot sheilds, etc. It could pass as an office/apartment area if there weren't bb's on the floor. It actually required use of CQB tactics, not the running and ninja rolling behind peoples cover so you can surrender them like all of the new "CQB" fields do. There were halls but it wasn't a stalemate, if you didn't want to fight down the halls you could just go through the rooms, most of the time you wouldn't see someone until they were right in front of you when you we're entering a room or rounding a corner. If another field could replicate that I would be a very happy guy.
    Exactly, it was made by a former swat member, I mean it was just a all around awesome place. Had a store/upgrade shop, rental CA Guns, and very easy going and friendly staff. Someone should mimic them instead of making these other non authentic CQB places/
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Post  theangryschnoodle 05.05.11 18:02

I have yet to try CQB upstairs. But SAC was just all around great, for those of you who didn't get the chance to play there before it closed here's a video,

It doesn't really show all of the awesomeness but it's alright, keep in mind it was much darker without the NVG setting that the camera was using... I couldn't really think of a good way to say that, but yeah, it was dark.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 05.05.11 20:44

airsoft is whatever you make it out to be. doesn't matter if it's door kicker or 3 gun competition style. for most of us, we just wanna shoot people and not go to jail.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 05.05.11 21:19

Yeah I'm different I want to go to jail.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 05.05.11 21:38

I hate CQB and MOUT. With a freaking passion.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 05.05.11 21:47

NJSC wrote:Yeah I'm different I want to go to jail.
    +8

i'm interested in the safety wolf upstairs, last time i played at safety wolf everything was covered in paintball slime, and it was a deadlock

flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 05.05.11 22:59

wolf six wrote:
    i'm interested in the safety wolf upstairs, last time i played at safety wolf everything was covered in paintball slime, and it was a deadlock

Part of the reason why I hate SW, slime and stains on my gear.

I'm waiting on Airdog to fix up that part beside the store. That's going to be a little different than the usual room to room breaching. I don't mind CQB as long as the people I'm playing with play just as fair as I do.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 06.05.11 18:11

flipa wrote:
    wolf six wrote:

Part of the reason why I hate SW, slime and stains on my gear.

I'm waiting on Airdog to fix up that part beside the store. That's going to be a little different than the usual room to room breaching. I don't mind CQB as long as the people I'm playing with play just as fair as I do.
    yea, the advantage of CQB tho is if someone isn't playing fair you can just hold the trigger down till they collapse in agony. I like outside as much as the next guy, but when someones not calling their hit their isnt a whole lot you can do.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 06.05.11 18:27

Twitch wrote:I hate CQB and MOUT. With a freaking passion.
    wolf six wrote:last time i played at safety wolf everything was covered in paintball slime
    yeah...+1 for the dislike on both counts.....but then i remember the kind of motel safety wolf was before it closed...you could catch a social disease just walking through the lobby..lol Shocked
    you always run into the slime issue at any dual use facility...but it's a maximizing of use of space for profits...so it makes business sense

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 13:44