Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

AWS Sentry Mosfet

surefire pigeon
    surefire pigeon

AWS Sentry Mosfet Empty AWS Sentry Mosfet

Post  surefire pigeon 03.07.11 18:20

This is a review of the AWS Sentry Mosfet. Im just going to say that after using a few previous mosfets, this is easily the best. The wires are nice 16awg, and it comes with plenty of length. (I am using this fet in my M16a4 and the wires are long enough to be run through the stock with a little bit extra.) The board is covered in a thick protective plastic heat shrink, and looks very sturdy to me. The features are great, that is part of the reason I bought this mosfet, aside from the standard ones. It has ROF control, lipo protection, active braking, and timer based three round burst (which I will get into later.) Overall the mosfet preforms very well. It gave my gun a very nice trigger response, and bumped up the ROF a few rps; probably due to poor JG electrical components. I would recommend this mosfet to anyone wanting to save their trigger contacts, or gain the added features of a computerized mosfet. Best of all, this is only 50$, compared to other standard fets I have come across for the same price.

Here are some pictures of the mosfet and some install photos. Please excuse my poor photography. Very Happy

This a picture of the Sentry Mosfet by itself.
    AWS Sentry Mosfet DSC05825

This is the board and the wires coming out from it.
    AWS Sentry Mosfet DSC05829

Here it is set up in my gearbox but I haven't cut the fet yet.
    AWS Sentry Mosfet DSC05830

This is the setup I am using on the battery wires. The red and black are coming out of the back of the gearbox. Then I will be using the stock JG fuse assembly. (Sucks, I know, but I wanted protection for my lipo in case of a short.) I will be using deans as all my rc packs are wired to that right now.
    AWS Sentry Mosfet DSC05833

Soldered on and ready to go!
    AWS Sentry Mosfet DSC05837

Almost done.... I hate JG triggers.. always popping out. >Sad
    AWS Sentry Mosfet DSC05838

All done, The blue contact wires are bunched up because I cut them a couple of cm to long.
    AWS Sentry Mosfet DSC05840

To finish it up, I really like this mosfet more than any other. Go AWS! However, there is one thing that seems odd to me. Before I go on I am by no means a gearbox expert.. But what I found interesting is that since this mosfet does safe-burst-auto, instead of safe-semi-burst, it seems as though the cut-off lever would be under a lot of stress. I believe this because the burst mode runs at full ROF, which for me is 35 rps, and since it is taking the place of semi-auto, the cut-off lever is engaged the whole time. Again, I may be saying something completely stupid, but it is just a thought I came across. I love the burst mode, but sometimes I get trigger lock-ups, may be from the cut-off lever issue. But nonetheless, still a great mosfet. Great job AWS!

Current date/time is 26.04.24 19:46