Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+3
zander
just some kid
Twitch
7 posters

Yes, I got more Gear! (Mayflower chest rig and pouches)

Twitch
    Twitch

Yes, I got more Gear!  (Mayflower chest rig and pouches) Empty Yes, I got more Gear! (Mayflower chest rig and pouches)

Post  Twitch 15.10.11 18:34

Most guys hit the bottle when their girlfriend breaks up with them. I buy more gear.

Dont judge meh! I can quit when I want!

Picked up a Mayflower Gen Iv QD chest rig and some pouches for it yesterday. First impressions I give it an 8/10. It is very low profile and lightweight, and I fell it has just the right amount of MOLLE space. The material is top notch, as is the quality. Price was about average at 120.

My problem is with the adjustment straps. Truly, this rig was made as a quick detach rig to be mounted on plate carriers using Mayflowers QD swiftclip system. It works great for this, but It makes it a pain in the rear to be worn as a chest rig. For starters, the back portion cannot be crossed as with traditional chest rigs. This makes the rig feel very lose, and i feel as though the shoulder straps might slip off my shoulders. On the plus side, that back strap has a patch of velcro on it to mount patches.

Also the waist strap does not adjust small enough for skinny guys like me. I had to take some OD green duct tap and S roll the straps and then put a lot of tape on their to make it small enough so the rig was tight for me.

And my camera was left at the ex's house, so I have to use my webcam for pictures and the quality is not that great.

Pouches on it from left to right:
    SORD utility pouch
    Mayflower Triple Mag shingle
    ATS double stacked shingle
    Blue Force Gear Trauma Kit NOW! medic pouch (which has a 6 inch Israeli pressure bandage, ACE wrap, and sterile wound packing in it)
    Oh, And I "Acquired" a box of blue chemlights. So I stuck one in the right shoulder strap for kicks and giggles.
    Yes, I got more Gear!  (Mayflower chest rig and pouches) 2011-110

Yes, I got more Gear!  (Mayflower chest rig and pouches) 2011-111
    just some kid
    just some kid

Yes, I got more Gear!  (Mayflower chest rig and pouches) Empty Re: Yes, I got more Gear! (Mayflower chest rig and pouches)

Post  just some kid 15.10.11 23:33

i do approve. it does look like the one side is sagging a bit.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Yes, I got more Gear!  (Mayflower chest rig and pouches) Empty Re: Yes, I got more Gear! (Mayflower chest rig and pouches)

Post  Twitch 16.10.11 9:13

Pretty sure it was just my stance, plus the mags were unloaded, so that would add some weight to even it out.
    zander
    zander

Post  zander 17.10.11 9:23

Looks great, you planning on running any slick PC's under?
    Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 17.10.11 11:44

Looks cool. The blue chemlight looks like a candy bar. >u<
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 17.10.11 12:43

Sorry man, but I HATE CHEST RIGS.
    zander
    zander

Post  zander 18.10.11 14:57

Now you just need one of these:

http://www.skdtac.com/LBT_Slick_Plate_Carrier_p/lbt.511.htm

I'm with Flipa, chest rigs without PC's under do look a bit silly, but its still hella nice.

I've been tossing around the idea of picking one up for my MARSOC loadout and running a MBSS or 1961 with it. Not sure MARSOC uses 1961's though.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 18.10.11 15:30

Maybe just get some soft armor to wear under it?
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 22.10.11 10:03

I have been debating on getting a soft armor carrier for it.

I gotta save some money for some new real weapons and weapons parts though.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 24.10.11 8:03

This guy doesnt need soft armor. He seems pretty legit to me.
    Yes, I got more Gear!  (Mayflower chest rig and pouches) 249418_204201509616845_127452407291756_483954_3612253_n
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 24.10.11 9:17

looks like a pretty legit army pararescue

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.04.24 2:06