Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

airsoft on "Southland".........

savoy6
    savoy6

airsoft on "Southland"......... Empty airsoft on "Southland".........

Post  savoy6 29.02.12 10:02

ok...Southland on TNT is a fairly popular police show..and in the last two episodes airsoft has been visibly in the plot....last week a kid pointed a airsoft Beretta at an officer,w/ the orange tip and had it snatched away....this week, lucy liu's character fatally shot a kid "with a gun" during a foot pursuit .though ,in fairness, the story line revolves around her reaction to the shooting which was to pry off the orange tip when she was supposedly "securing the weapon".
    my question is this ....any opinions on how this sudden burst of highly visible misuse of airsoft,on a very popular show,may affect the community as a whole?......
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

airsoft on "Southland"......... Empty Re: airsoft on "Southland".........

Post  Silent_Option 29.02.12 16:09

Not really sure as to the effects of it, but I love that show! and you totally ruined my shows I have recorded and yet to watch! Wink

But it's probablly some sort of half-wit effort to show the public the hollywood version of what can happen to justify this.....

airsoft on "Southland"......... Kwam4cqbtwotone

OR maybe the writers just had a good idea for a show with all the talk about that bill CA is trying to pass on banning airsoft guns, and since the story was centered around her actions and not airsoft guns getting you killed, i would say the second one.

savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 29.02.12 21:28

sorry man..lol..i should have put up a spoiler notice.....
    meriik

Post  meriik 02.03.12 15:28

I laughed more than anything when she removed the orange tip in under 3 seconds...

only HOLLYWOOD MAGIC could remove an orange tip that fast Razz
    kinitsu
    kinitsu

Post  kinitsu 02.03.12 18:17

Well it really depends on the gun. I haven't watched the show so I don't know what gun is in question, but some guns have the painted on orange tip, others have a orange plastic piece. My sniper rifle is one of the plastic piece ones, and it broke off pretty easily in a game once, superglue fixed that, but I am sure that I probably could have popped it off in 3 seconds before hand.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 12:04