Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+23
Rock5
just some kid
SC Moose
Takfire
timm57
Andy
MSG Ridgeway
rcpilotjr
stuckmojo
LORD TYRANT
zmonster
-a|ex
Miracle
Blackhawk 5
marpat96
s92harrell
Zombie
jsts ghost
HavenUnitOctopus
Hippie
Asia7th
BKMrBlack
poopdaddy
27 posters

OP SOCO AAR

marpat96

OP SOCO AAR - Page 2 Empty Re: OP SOCO AAR

Post  marpat96 12.03.12 19:07

Did anyone see a a guy in black with a boonie hat and a marpat vest running around with a shotgun clearing the city? That was my brother, and he had some good stories Very Happy
    timm57
    timm57

Post  timm57 12.03.12 19:17

Great game! Some of my friends had some issues with ppl not calling there hits, but besides that i really had a lot of fun. I missed out on the sunday game Sad but nice to meet and play with some of you guys and hope to again sometime!
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 12.03.12 19:19

SUSTAIN
    1 GOOD FRIENDS AND A CAMP FIRE
    2 GREAT AIRSOFT ACTION,PLAYERS PLAYING
    3 GHOST AND MOOSE PUT THEM TOGETHER YOU GET A GOOSE (AND HEY WE ALL LIKE A GOOD GOOSE NOW AND THEN)

IMPROVE
    1 FULL AUTO AT NIGHT (HARD NOT TO CALL 50 HITS/EASY NOT TO SEE YOURSELF MISSING ON SINGLE FIR)
    2 SAFETY KILLS (SOME PLAYERS THINK BY RUNNING INTO A MED,THEY CAN SAFETY KILL A SHOOTER.BUT WHO BROKE THE MED?)
    3 SPORTSMANSHIP (I HAVE GRIPED ABOUT OTHERS GRIPES AND I AM SORRY,THIS GAME WAS TO BUILD A PLAYER BASE NOT WRECK IT)

i will say this about my # 2 to improve
    if you are in position and i walked up i broke your med and what happens to me is on me,no crying,or ref calling,just pain and a bandaid!
    if you run up on me shooting and break the med then you have broken the rules.
    i think this is what caused a bunch of the problems.
    i had a good time on sat
    a good time sat night
    and a great time on sunday
    andy do you think those to sc players have stopped running yet lol!
    and i got shot by rock 5 twice,i must a been Sleep
    good times guys
    great airsoft
    poop
    jsts ghost
    jsts ghost

Post  jsts ghost 12.03.12 19:51

poopdaddy wrote:...3 GHOST AND MOOSE PUT THEM TOGETHER YOU GET A GOOSE (AND HEY WE ALL LIKE A GOOD GOOSE NOW AND THEN)
    poop
    Really. hahahh. Dirty. hahahah.

Andy, you have my respect as a player and a person. I will NEVER do an AAR the proper way again. Just to much paperwork. hahah

But I do agree with auto at night.
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 12.03.12 20:48

Thanks everyone for chiming in!
    Congratulations to all of the players that came out and had a great time.

GA officially won the event with the most missions completed.
    GA accumulated a lead by blowing the SC base twice, killing the XO and completing the drum mission (drum to backhoe)on Saturday.
    SC established the FRP at the Chimneys 2 on Saturday and collected 14 gold coins as opposed to GA's 12.
    The Saturday night game was forfeited by SC command and no points were awarded to either team.
    Night play continued with several GA players in the town area (generator - lights off mission).

Sunday was redeeming for many players as the game play was much smoother and less focused on the non-essential technical aspects of the rules and actually playing airsoft.
    SC held the wall on Sunday and flew the SC flag to complete the mission.
    GA also held the wall with the GA flag flying and also completed the construction of their moonshine still.
    The event ended near 1300 with GA forces assaulting SC base from all angles.

In short, SOCO was a good game but high maintenance.
    The complaints were more frequent than usual, loop holes in the rules explored and our staff cababilities were challenged to the max.
    The occurences of: players not calling their hits, MED violations, incorrect use of Medics are not exclusive to AIRDOG events and are unfortunate elements of our sport.
    These problems typically occur with players that have not yet connected the dots with proper game play.
    It seems more focus was placed on these negative aspects of the game and complaining as opposed to playing airsoft....until Sunday.

Zartan and I are really easy going and have the highest level of respect and customer service for our players.
    We would like to address some of the issues in another post instead of hijacking the AAR.

Pics from the event will be up shortly.

Thanks again for everyone that came out and made this a good event.

Zombie
    Zombie

Post  Zombie 12.03.12 21:06

SUSTAIN
    1 The camp atmoshere was great, everyone there seemed to be in a good mood and there was always someone there to help out.
    2 communication was awesome, leaders were LEADING! (Most) People were listening!
    3 Rides back to base were nice. Mainly when we were on the complete other side of the map.

IMPROVE
    1 CLEAR boundarys! It sucks major hard getting lost.
    2 Players getting mad at safety kills. When I say no, get ready for a firefight. Twisted Evil
    3 I agree on full auto at night, its a big place. Also, some guns can't go into semi
    SC Moose
    SC Moose

Post  SC Moose 12.03.12 21:22

I am new to airsoft and wanted to say thanks to everyone on both sides. I had fun and am hooked on the sport. I too had some thoughts and appreciate a place to post them.

I think all of the topics have been well covered.

To those who played correctly, awesome you made it fun, exciting and enjoyable for all.

To those who did not, I hope you will change your ways. You miss out on more than you know. But you will never stop me from enjoying my life, even in a game. So sucks to be you.

In all things there will always be those who break, bend or ignore the rules for there own arrogance. We will only empower them further by allowing them to steal our spirits, not alcohol, but attitude. My instructors use to always push us to have an indomitable spirit, obviously for battle, but even more so for life. Airsoft is a game, but one where we can practice traits that will build exceptional character in all who try.

Your BBs make you a player. Your character makes you a friend. I enjoyed seeing my friends and making some new ones this past weekend. Can't wait to see you all again soon.

PS
    Definition of INDOMITABLE
    : incapable of being subdued : unconquerable <indomitable courage>
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 12.03.12 21:35

Sustain:
    1. Weather was GREAT!
    2. Camp atmosphere was awesome. always fun to just hang out at night.
    3. Amount of players was good for that field. always good to have more targets

Improve:
    1. Sometimes it seemed like there wasn't a clear objective. mostly just the first day and the first part of the night game.
    2. People arguing on the field. if you have a problem put on your dead rag and go talk to that person and call them out and both go respawn. Or call a ref on it.
    3. Only having one forward respawn. i liked how at the sc game if you had a base then you could spawn at it.

MED's- should be an option to take the hit but shouldn't be a huge decision. If i say surrender and you don't say anything within 3 seconds well prepare to get shot. If you come within the MED and your gun is raised and pointed at me, prepare to get shot. If you tell me to surrender and you're halfway across the field, don't bother yelling surrender. I only say surrender when i have someone dead to rights. if i come up behind you and say surrender then it's always your choice but don't get mad when it hurts.

Hit calling- I didn't really have an issue with it this game. I called my hits and most people from sc that i shot actually told me "good one sniper" or gave me some sort of compliment. i didn't have a problem with SC. i guess each team probably had some bad apples but doesn't mean that the whole state is terrible. also don't see why you would drive down here just to leave at night.

To everyone that left at night, you really missed out on the Sunday game. it was awesome. as usual. kevin you are an awesome medic. it's always fun playing with some guys from dagger. the fighting on the hill by OP3 was pretty intense and i thought we might get pushed back for a second but once we got the side of that hill we pretty much just poured down on the base from all sides.

side note- sound grenades filled with bb's, not bad. very loud and actually kinda effective. ridgeway and i were in the base when one went off right over us. definitely made me stop to figure out what just happened lol
    marpat96

Post  marpat96 12.03.12 21:38

Did anyone notice the hit horrible stuff in that night game video? Hit calling wow
    Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 13.03.12 0:25

To all thanks

As always the same issue that happen in every game happened here.

That being said:

Had a great time shooting my fellow Georgians.

On Saturday ran up against Andy, Lord Tyrant, and Dagger above Overwatch had Moose and Merv with me was an awesome time playing tag with y'all in the woods.

Never should have gave you those batteries Alex the shots in the side stung.

Wish the night game wasn't called was moving in to the rear flank of GA at the wall.

And there were to many good times Sunday to describe. Some good long range battles along the road just south of town. Running into the front of GA advance on overwatch was also good. I owe you one Harris my cheek is bruised.
    Good times all Around.

Rock 5 out

-a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 13.03.12 0:35

here's that battle north of the cabins early saturday.
    my son's team, Mad Crew, finished a successful ambush on an SC scout team then made contact with another SC team a few minutes later. i was doing point so i first to get killed. this allowed me to record the event.

Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 13.03.12 6:10

Wow. That is awesome. All the SC guys had to do was flank but instead they just hunkered down. And got shot.

Lesson is, if you meet an entrenched force, pull some of your guys back from the fight and move to a flank to destroy your enemy. You can even use one guy to flank. I did it several times this weekend. It works.

Great vid Alex, as usual.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 13.03.12 11:25

here's another battle video:

location: trail that leads from overwatch to the paintball town.
    SC unsuccessfully tried to take the town. Ghost had his hands full leading the group. having being attacked by another SC team didn't help much either. i wasn't able to record the rear attack but since it came from the south end (SC end) i suggested they yell out their team colors. i helped a few times but some found it irritating.

a short video on sunday's game:

wolf six

Post  wolf six 13.03.12 13:37

I had a great time, it was awesome slinging plastic death against SC

It was had an excellent time running with team wolf pack on Saturday before the dinner break.

I found out that the tight bore for my AUG is bent(#$%* evike!). My G36 trigger didnt work again.

I had some behavioral issues with my team, they functioned flawlessly on the field though. It was interesting using a plate carrier, they are heavy, but the amount of stuff you can carry makes up for it.

Also i swear every shot i took from SC was a headshot. I returned the favor to one SC player crawling up behind Zartans quad on Sunday

Great job to poop daddy on the commanding
    jsts ghost
    jsts ghost

Post  jsts ghost 13.03.12 17:07

Most of you all, are great players. I did have a blast, even with all that seemed to go down. Poop... Almost got you!!!
    BTW Alex you shot me good within the last 30 mins of the game. Darn great shot.
    I, nor my platoon, saw unsportmanship with our mirrors. All that was at the township, east side, awesome. But then I had standing orders to shoot all that was shooting at us, and have fun. That is what we did. We did bring our big boy pants to play and have fun. You all that I may have had to give reminder shots too, quicker the hand, faster my trigger stops.
    And I was slow gettiny my hand up, and I loved every reminder shot on me..

Poop... I am getting a laser range finder wired into my gun. That way it will shut my power down when I get pass my MED. Hehe.

I enjoyed shooting and laughing about it later with you guys. Till next time..
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 13.03.12 17:56

love your sig.
    i am going to start a new habit.
    when i got to a game i will have some rope.
    it will be cut to the days med's
    i will put it at the chrono.
    all players will see the med of there guns.

i am also researching softer bbs.
    i think if i can get them made from pink lace fewer people with have a problem getting shot lol!
    hey guys it was a great game.we all had fun
    i have been upset with the statements about the admin,i think i got way off point.
    so as far as my aar
    saturday
    morning game starts
    i send all my open teams to fight.
    i hold back apex,black nights,black water,dagger/aarp,dreadnaught,sts,and wolfpack (hope i did not leave any teams out lot to keep up with)
    i send them out with orders to secure points on the field
    mission one
    set up forward respawn
    uh oh no flag--zartan gets the flag--uh oh flags half off the pole,wolf six"i need zip ties.flags good wolf six take the flag to the guard shack.wolf six OK
    me and xo chill
    radio
    wolf six"ok i am at base one where do i put the flag.ridgeway(xo)
    not base one the guard shack!
    wolf six"wheres the guard shack?
    three stooges moment between six and the xo
    xo 3 or 4 bad words then xo "i'll get it poop"
    me and tello all by our selves.
    dagger walks up with a base blow and sc co kill(awesome)
    forward respawn st up xo back at base 2 or 3 bad words.
    long fight between the teams
    try to take sc forward spawn.get our butts kicked/kick butt/get our butts kicked
    radio (not sure from who)feds are in the town
    and second mission is loose(get the drum to the backhoe)
    ok some of apex and a few loose players run with the drum.
    mr silver from the nights"got the feds"
    me "sending coins get a helo"
    base attack,guys all over
    shooting in all directions
    sound grenade-xo "bad words--harris kinda of a dull look and what was that?(andy does this kid ever jump? lol! )
    tello
    bad word and lets one of the twins loose
    they got close but no cigar.great times
    mr silver
    can't use the helo the tank is to close
    me to zartan"they can'tkill each other why is the helo a no go?"
    zartan "the tank has them pinned and they can't get to it"
    me crap
    mr silver "tanks down"
    me "get to the forward respawn"
    apex and wolf pack at overwatch getting ready to attack
    black water at forward spawn ready to attack
    dagger hitting sc hq
    got the hq
    got the respawn
    got the drum
    sc attacking our repawn hard
    dood form sc runs at base and we just get him
    game over for saturday
    night game ok
    will post up sunday a little later
    great game guys
    poop
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 13.03.12 18:28

Alex, the 2nd "short" video, the fight that starts @ 1:30 with the Dark Knights....I'm not sure, but I think it was with me. I remember shooting at them for some time. I am glad their guns didn't have quit the range that mine had. They were really laying down the bbs trying to get me. I really love my JG. cheers
    jsts ghost
    jsts ghost

Post  jsts ghost 13.03.12 23:23

My vision on Sunday.
    Wake up.
    Go to field after shower, breakfast at bo time, and coffee. Hehe. Wake up sc and get them mustered. Have pep talk with all remaining players before morning safety briefing. Get volunteered leader of the best darn sc team out there. Get your bed team, Black Knights. You still get Andy and dagger. It's okay. Try hand you tissue. Get back to sc camp. Lie and tell team it starts at 9:45 not 10:00. All show at sc hq at 9:45. Threaten to shoot all medics if anyone failed. My medic from day before yells" and he did". Start and everyone had fun. Till last shot fired. That is how it was.
    Simple is fun.
    TheRealBandit
    TheRealBandit

Post  TheRealBandit 18.03.12 22:28

Lets not forget that we had 30 more people than them, but they had tanks. it was a fair game
    Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 19.03.12 10:36

GAME FACE. LOLOLOLOL. (:

OP SOCO AAR - Page 2 424161_138058926319813_100003471191920_155215_149653896_n
    jsts ghost
    jsts ghost

Post  jsts ghost 19.03.12 11:19

-a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 19.03.12 12:06

i can't find the south carolina soco forum. is it closed to the public or was it deleted? i was able to find a few pages on google's cache but the links no longer existed. i'm not a registered member at AOSC.
    jsts ghost
    jsts ghost

Post  jsts ghost 19.03.12 12:16

http://www.southcarolinaairsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5660

You must reg, to enjoy the full info of the forum. But here is the link once you reg. enjoy.
    Bishop908
    Bishop908

Post  Bishop908 20.03.12 9:20

I just visited that thread, and I must say it's disappointing reading it. I was expecting to hear great stories and see great pictures.
    OP SOCO AAR - Page 2 16671010
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 20.03.12 10:46

i've registered twice but still no confirmation email.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16.10.24 4:53