Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

2 posters

G&G M16A3 (GR16A3)

Spectre
    Spectre

G&G M16A3 (GR16A3) Empty G&G M16A3 (GR16A3)

Post  Spectre 01.07.09 17:55

Sorry, I don't have pictures at the moment, they will come later. You can see it at the next SAAL game if for some reason I don't have them up by then.

Now, on to the review.

I purchased a G&G M16A3 from AirsoftGI and it was shipped to me via UPS ground in 6 business days. In total, it was $262.50 shipped.

When I received the box, I was immediately pleased with the packaging. It was snugly packed in styrofoam as are most AEGs these days. The packaging was pleasing to the eye and provides more than adequate protection for the AEG.

When I removed the gun from the packaging, I thought to myself, this feels great. It should be stated here that I am a cadet, and I am used to the feel of a full size M16, and have actually come to love the feel. G&G does a top notch job on their externals. They look great and it has the Marine Corps Eagle, Globe and Anchor. The trademarks look great, but they are a little annoying as I am in the Army and I have Marine Corps markings, but that is just me nitpicking like I always do. The finish looks great and the gun is very solid. There are no creaks although there is minor wobble on the front handguard, however, there is no more wobble than would be experienced on the real steel M16. G&G really has outdone themselves regarding the externals.

Moving on the the internals and performance. As with all G&Gs, this one comes with a 6.04mm tightbore barrel, which performs nicely. It has great range and accuracy. I will measure exact effective range next time I play with it, but suffice it to say that I have yet to find myself in a situation where I was lacking for range. The stock barrel is more than adequate, however, seeing as I am never content to leave anything stock, I have already replaced the stock barrel with a prommy tbb. (Thank you Paul) Out of the box with .20g bbs, this thing is shooting 360 fps. At the 6/27 SAAL game, this proved to be more than adequate. The G&G hopup is nice enough, It performs well. Everything else in the G&G is of excellent quality and the quality control is second to none. G&G is very good about inspecting the guns that leave their factory, and so far, this AEG has been amazing.

With an 8.4V battery, the G&G has a good, solid rate of fire. However, when replaced with a 9.6V battery, the rof becomes something to be feared.

Overall, this is a great performer, and I would recommend G&G to anyone. If you are looking for a full size M16, look no further than G&G and if you are looking for an M4, I would strongly encourage you to go with a G&G.

Externals: 9/10
    Internals: 9/10
    Build Quality: 9/10
    Stock performance: 9/10

Overall: 9/10

I am one of those people that follows the school of thought in which nothing is perfect, ergo to 9 out of 10. In most areas though, the G&G could easily be rated a 10. It is most definitely a superior AEG and I would recommend it to anyone.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

G&G M16A3 (GR16A3) Empty Re: G&G M16A3 (GR16A3)

Post  Q-bald 01.07.09 18:07

Congrats on your new purchase. I love G&G also...The GR16 carbine will be my next gun

Current date/time is 01.05.24 22:35