Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+15
Rhino
frog
Blaze
Takfire
BigD
Twitch
navyseal1000
scooter
Retherford
Spectre
#CW!!ZERO
sniper2525
Scarface
Electioneer
19 posters

SAAL 3 at Vineyards: The INFECTIOUS CHIGGER Game!!!

Twitch
    Twitch

SAAL 3 at Vineyards: The INFECTIOUS CHIGGER Game!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: SAAL 3 at Vineyards: The INFECTIOUS CHIGGER Game!!!

Post  Twitch 12.07.09 12:08

Ha thanks man. Try and keep it someplace cool please. You saw how it was melting in the heat haha.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

SAAL 3 at Vineyards: The INFECTIOUS CHIGGER Game!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: SAAL 3 at Vineyards: The INFECTIOUS CHIGGER Game!!!

Post  #CW!!ZERO 12.07.09 18:27

Twitch wrote:Ha thanks man. Try and keep it someplace cool please. You saw how it was melting in the heat haha.

I will
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 12.07.09 21:30

Excellent game guys!
    I am converting over to videos to better document the events.
    YouTube videos are in progress and will be posted this week.

Kindly check YouTube under the AIRDOG Airsoft page.
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 13.07.09 11:26

Very fun game except i pulled 6 ticks off of me!! lol! lol!

Post  Guest 13.07.09 21:52

My body is COVERED in red bumps. I've got about 23 of them, must have been some little chiggers or something biting into me. Anywho, fun game overall, the SAAL game had plenty of action, but I didn't get into anything too intense in the open games. Just wanted to give a shoutout to Resistance, good job yall, you gave a great fight.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 13.07.09 22:25

Aggressor Dog wrote:My body is COVERED in red bumps. I've got about 23 of them, must have been some little chiggers or something biting into me. Anywho, fun game overall, the SAAL game had plenty of action, but I didn't get into anything too intense in the open games. Just wanted to give a shoutout to Resistance, good job yall, you gave a great fight.

I have those same red bumps. Still not sure what it is.
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 13.07.09 22:33

I do too...

Post  Guest 13.07.09 22:39

Yeah, they have remained the same bright red for 3 days now. Im just going to ignore them and hope they go away, just like I do with all my physical ailments. My rate of success is very low in terms of physical ailments though, remember wrestling Austin? I ignored my ribs until you rocked my lungs that one day :/
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 13.07.09 22:40

I beleive you have been bitten by chiggers. Weed from Cereal Killers played at vineyard a few weeks ago and had over 100 chigger bites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiggers

Last edited by frog on 13.07.09 22:43; edited 1 time in total
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 13.07.09 22:41

Poison ivy maybe? Tak, Blaze, and CWZERO all have them too! But I dont!
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 13.07.09 23:06

i have red bumps on my legs, i think its chiggers...
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 13.07.09 23:11

I have red bumps all over me, but the again I was laying down in the bat cave lol.
    B Boy
    B Boy

Post  B Boy 14.07.09 0:32

I would be willing to bet on chiggers. I had them after playing at area 13 the other week. Sad
    Electioneer
    Electioneer

Post  Electioneer 14.07.09 1:30

I have about 20 bites and they look just like chiggers I got a few years ago hiking.

http://www.webmd.com/hw-popup/chiggers

I have heard that if you see large red areas around the bite you should go to the doctor to get them checked out.

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/slideshow-bad-bugs

Apparently there are over the counter drugs for them.

I had a tick in my hair aswell as on my waist so be sure to check for those.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 14.07.09 8:01

Rhino wrote:Poison ivy maybe? Tak, Blaze, and CWZERO all have them too! But I dont!

Im not alergic to poision ivy though, but my guess is chiggers
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 14.07.09 8:29

Its probably chiggers.... I get them almost every time i play at vineyard
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 14.07.09 9:23

Wow...
    Makes installing an elevator and spreading pinestraw not seem that bad.
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 14.07.09 9:25

I think Brothers of Plastic waged a bit of biological warfare by infesting the Vineyard field with chiggers. It would explain them being absent. How many points do you get for that? What a Face Very Happy What a Face I'm trying to locate some Agent Orange for the next game at the Vineyard. O_O

Todd / MagisterMortis
    SAAL 3 at Vineyards: The INFECTIOUS CHIGGER Game!!! - Page 2 Mare17
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 14.07.09 10:57

Great game(s) all!!!

I am out an the Vineyard field about twice a month and rarely have any bug issues. With all the times I've been out there I have only pulled 4 ticks off and had to deal with a few chigger bites only one time. Taking a bath beforehand in Deep Woods Off helps a bit though!!

I must apologize to the two red team guys on our right flank the last game that we kept shooting. Even though they were dead they probably got shot another 10 times! Then we did the "Twitch Suicide Run" and lit them up again! I will say that they handled it very well with only a couple of complaints!

An inherent problem with thick woods and adding a medic to the mix. When your getting shot at from the same vicinity of the "dead" player(s) and/or you see movement in their area suspecting a medic may be healing them, you shoot toward that area. I think when we play a medic game we need to resign ourselves to being hit multiple times even though we're already dead. As mentioned, a bright red kill rag on someones head would help identify the "dead" and eliminate some of the "desecration of the dead".

You all are right, we need to stress the "Dead Men Don't Talk" rule! Way too much intel was getting passed on by "the dead" heading back to re-spawn and by those waiting for a medic. Even though you are only "injured" and are waiting for a medic, you are still not allowed to talk about, motion toward, or in anyway share any intel on friendly or enemy troops until revived.

When we play with medics, if a live player asks you, "Where were you hit?", you can point to the place on your body were the wounds would have been received. That's all the information your allowed to share until revived.

Minor stuff all in all and a great day of Airsoft! Great job guys!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 5:05