Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+26
Blackhawk 5
airsoftsniper25
xplodingbunnys
Admin
MGA-Doc
CaptainMurphy
Rambo
MP5GUY
Tinman
flipa
zander
just some kid
Blaze
{ACE}Steve-o
Bulldog94
Andy
Rhino
Crazy Twitch
Airsoftguy238
NJSC
LORD TYRANT
Ghost
superchrisguy
i am haji
Newnan Airsoft Player
Takfire
30 posters

SNEAK PEEK.........OP: F.E.A.R - 24 hour CQB airsoft scenario!

superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

SNEAK PEEK.........OP: F.E.A.R - 24 hour CQB airsoft scenario! - Page 4 Empty Re: SNEAK PEEK.........OP: F.E.A.R - 24 hour CQB airsoft scenario!

Post  superchrisguy 22.06.10 22:02

Airdog will be selling them (Iron Face) at the OP right? I'm not driving another 2 hours up there again.
    Takfire
    Takfire

SNEAK PEEK.........OP: F.E.A.R - 24 hour CQB airsoft scenario! - Page 4 Empty Re: SNEAK PEEK.........OP: F.E.A.R - 24 hour CQB airsoft scenario!

Post  Takfire 22.06.10 22:13

Yes. We will have plenty of Iron Face masks (black, tan, OD) at the OP.
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 22.06.10 22:38

Takfire wrote:Yes. We will have plenty of Iron Face masks (black, tan, OD) at the OP.
    Thanks guys! Save me an OD one!
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 23.06.10 14:10

Whaaaaaaaaaaa the was no od one when I bought mine!!!!!! Sniffle..... Anyone wanna trade an od one for a tan one? Only used 1 game
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 24.06.10 17:04

If it rains the game will still be on right? it's mostly inside so i don't see why we would call it off. also if it rains and it hasn't stopped by night will we sleep im the "cleaner" parts of the building? or under the covered parts or still sleep outside? i was just wondering these things
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 24.06.10 19:32

No sleep planned for the event.
    The game will continue for 24 hours continuous (with the exception of two or three breaks).
    Otherwise, it is constant game on!

Commanders will need to keep tabs on their forces on and off the field to ensure missions are being completed through out the event.

Game on ....rain or shine!
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 24.06.10 21:46

no sleep planned? excellent! Very Happy similar to the real thing.
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 24.06.10 21:49

Now that is what I am talking about!
    This is freaking perfect!
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 24.06.10 21:56

ok time to hibernate till game time night night everyone
    CaptainMurphy
    CaptainMurphy

Post  CaptainMurphy 25.06.10 11:45

Hey all, I came across this game as a link from a link from a link while surfing yesterday and was excited to see the old mill being used again. We do a weekly web show over on South East Airsoft (www.southeastairsoft.com) every Thursday at 6pm (Central) and would love for one of the game op organizers to come on and get interviewed to help promote the event. I personally have already rounded up 5 people that are almost 100% set on going and will be preregistering in the next week. Please let me know about doing some form of interview as we love to promote games in the South East that everyone can enjoy.

Post  Guest 25.06.10 11:53

PM Takfire, I'm sure he'd be down for an interview.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 25.06.10 12:40

Welcome Murphy! PM Tak!
    CaptainMurphy
    CaptainMurphy

Post  CaptainMurphy 25.06.10 13:19

Crazy Twitch wrote:Welcome Murphy! PM Tak!

Thanks for the welcome. I do have a question about the safety requirements. All of my team mates (Team DUCK) have gas masks with the protective plastic lens covers on them (really tough plastic, much tougher than shooting glasses). Would those qualify for face masks? It would add a bit to the theme too since we are well known for going a bit overboard for themed games. For Op Wasteland we were Reilly's Rangers complete with custom made armor. We are already talking about making custom armor for this game as well just we need to know about face protection in case we need to break out the fiberglassing molds again. Thanks!
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 25.06.10 17:23

Capt. Murphy

Thanks for the invite.
    I would like to join the webcast.

Gas mask should be OK. Just make sure they are not an issue with fogging.
    The detailed safety rules and registration will be up next week.

PM sent.
    MGA-Doc

Post  MGA-Doc 25.06.10 21:09

Tak,

Just wondering, are you all able to add any cover to the giant warehouse-like areas of the facility? I consider myself to be an 'old-timer' - I attended the Team Airsoft event held there at that facility in 2004?...it was definitely one of the most memorable airsoft game days I've been to. The only thing that could have improved it would be some cover added to the wide open warehouse type floor areas, where the old machinery had been torn out.

Also, are the lifts going to be in operation? IIRC, the side building (old house?) was in play last go-round, and the second floor was quite rotten and water damaged. You may want to check out the wooden parts for structural integrity.

We definitely had a great time there, and this is the first I've heard of a group bringing this venue back in play. I'm really looking forward to this game, thanks for putting this on.
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 25.06.10 21:39

There is a tremendous amount of planning and prepartion that has occurred and that is in progress for this OP.
    The wood flooring, exit/egress identification and other issues are being addressed or eliminated from the game play.
    There are currently no utilities at the facility (referred to as ATC), so the lifts are not operational.
    Parts of the additional buildings are in play, but the larger buildling at the street front will not have interior access.

There will be "dyanmic" cover in the large sections of the 2nd and 3rd floor of the facility.
    These sections are huge and will not be simply big open areas.
    Players will like the twist we have planned for cover.

On another note. the ATC facility is DARK!
    We will have some creative lighting in the facility, but the low / no lighting condition will be the biggest player challenge.
    I am sure there will be some good use of NVG, tracer BBs, etc...

AIRDOG Airsoft is proud to host this game and offer another great venue for our players!
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 25.06.10 21:42

i wish i had nvg. Sad tracers work both ways though Very Happy and unless someone on the forums is selling a peq box that will fit a 7.4 lipo then i'll need to stop by airdog
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 25.06.10 22:24

Airdog has one that will fit a 7.4
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 26.06.10 14:47

Guys I just got back from the mill and its FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Tons of CQB hallways rooms and is SUPER CREEPY!

Post  Guest 26.06.10 15:07

Yes, we had a small visit to the mill today, needless to say, it is the most intense field I can even imagine for an airsoft game, none the less a horror based game.

Post  Guest 26.06.10 18:25

Not to mention the fact that there is souvlaki-flavored bags of funyons all around the facility. And leprechauns everywhere that give out free PTW challenge kits and gyros. I think Reed may have caught one. I bet playing this field is like riding on a pwner-coaster as high as Mount Olympus.

EDIT : ^^^Double Post Admin? Considering you found my account already logged in at Reed's house and wrote this yourself. Nice try.

Last edited by Aggressor on 27.06.10 23:14; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 27.06.10 22:36

Don't double post, Paul. Internet noob.
    xplodingbunnys
    xplodingbunnys

Post  xplodingbunnys 27.06.10 23:35

Already bought new gear and upgrades for my m4 for this game!!!! SOOOO STOKED about this
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 01.07.10 8:58

This is a suggestion to all who value their manhood(TWIG&BERRYS). I am still showing large beautiful welts that turned into awesome looking bruisees on my inner thigh very close to my personals(i was shot pretty much point blank entering a door) So my suggestion is a "CUP"(groin pro,not face pro)just incase things get close & u want to talk CQB turn the wrong corner in the MILL & u could be face to face with the enemy with no thought to the M.E.D & your both blasting that close. In short Wear face and groin pro save your teeth & Balls
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 01.07.10 11:02

yay registration is in an hour Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 11:31