Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+3
Ghost
WARHOGadam
m4airsoftking
7 posters

modern military gear and clothing

m4airsoftking
    m4airsoftking

modern military gear and clothing Empty modern military gear and clothing

Post  m4airsoftking 18.07.10 16:53

i was wondering if any of you guys could tell me what type of gear and clothing the modern U.S.A military uses. if you could give me a list and how much each cost. i am looking for A.C.U.
    WARHOGadam
    WARHOGadam

modern military gear and clothing Empty Re: modern military gear and clothing

Post  WARHOGadam 18.07.10 16:55

http://www.rangerjoes.com/acu-shirt-long-length-p-2539.html

all ACU uniform is army, the ABU's are airforce, MARPAT is the USMC camo, and the navy....well they have cool digital blue camo but its kinda pointless.
    m4airsoftking
    m4airsoftking

Post  m4airsoftking 18.07.10 16:58

ok thankyou. i forgot to add this but what tactical gear dose the army use.
    WARHOGadam
    WARHOGadam

Post  WARHOGadam 18.07.10 17:04

m4airsoftking wrote:ok thankyou. i forgot to add this but what tactical gear dose the army use.

it depends on the soldiers MOS, most infantry will have some type of plate carrier that is MOLLE compatible and will attach mag pouches and anyother needed storage space using that.just match your "vest" to your uniform and you should be good. if you want like brand names specifics ask Crazy Twitch, he is army, or Andy he is aswell. and they are both awesome guys.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 18.07.10 17:05

Navy special warfare teams will sometimes wear marpat. SEAls wear DCU or khaki, basicly whatever they feel like. Force Recon will wear marpat or khaki, khaki normally in the form of a flightsuit.

Gearwise, Marines use the maritime ciras
    SEALS, Force Recon and NSW (Navy Special Warfare) wear a medly of things, mainly MBSS's, CIras's.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 18.07.10 17:13

If you've got ACU's, I'd go for a US Army Infantry-inspired loadout, I'd get some ACUs, a MICH 2000 and ACU helmet cover, and an IOTV to start off with. Pantac is the only company I know of that makes a replica IOTV, which can be found here:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=27191

If you're really on the cheap, you might try a Fighting Load Carrier: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE757-1.html

FLC's are pretty much only worn over body armor (IBA's) in the field, and they're not used much anymore anyways because the IOTV has a decent amount of webbing, so if you just wear ACU's and an FLC, it won't be an accurate Army Infantry loadout, but FLC's are used in training and whatnot a lot.

EDIT: STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Also, Crazy Twitch is not Army... Twitch is. They're two different people. Omen (SGT T.) is also in the Army, but he's not as active on the forums as the other two.
    m4airsoftking
    m4airsoftking

Post  m4airsoftking 18.07.10 17:32

ok that sounds good
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 18.07.10 17:33

Your average US Army Infantryman would have his ACH (MICH2000) with a UCP helmet cover. His uniform would consist of a ACU Combat Shirt, ACU Trousers, Tan Riggers Belt, tan combat boots. His vest would be a IOTV with pouches. Knee pads are optional, look at referance pics of US Army Infantry.

Your average US Marine Corps Infantryman would have a "Lightweight Helmet" (very similar in looks to the PASGT helmet) with a Woodland or Desert MARPAT cover. His uniform would consist of either a Woodland or Desert MCCUU Jacket, trousers, riggers belt, and a pair of Belleville 500 boots (standard issue, must have EGA on heel). His vest is a MTV in Coyote Brown.

Depending on what the Airman's job is, its tough to detemine what the "average" is. Airman who aren't a part of USSOCCOM wear ABUs with MICH2000 or PASGT helemts with either UCP or ABU covers. The boots that are suppost to be worn are foliage green suede combat boots, but some tan boots are worn. Vest very from OTVs to IOTVs all in UCP.

US Navy Personell wear a "Navy Working Uniform" with black tactical boots, BUT depending on who they are working with they also wear MCCUUs and ACUs.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 18.07.10 18:57

Sorry for getting off topic guys, harris's dad still uses the FLC though, he might not now but he did.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 18.07.10 20:42

For Iraq I had everything mounted to my RAV. For Afghanistan I used my FLC (modified into the chest rig I wear now) since I spent my first few months mounted. When I would gun, I had to drop my kit because it was just too tight in the turret. Some of my guys were like me, others had everything mounted to the IOTV. It's sort of a "run whatcha like". Soldiers in A-stan are now being issued Multicam. *drool*
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 02.08.10 20:17

Here is the gear we use.

Obviously we have the familar MICH 2000 with helmet band. Helmet band Has two cat eyes on the back.

Undearneath my FLC I am wearing my IBA which has two ballistic panels located in the front and back. It also has shank resistant Soft armor on the sides and surrounding the ballistic panels. On top of my IBA is my FLC, whcih contains most of my tactical pouches. On each side is a canteen pouch. Although not on my FLC yet, one side usually has a IFAK (Individaul First Aid Kit). Most units SOP's have their soldiers mark the IFAK with some kind of red tape or marker so everyone knows where it is instantly.

82nd SOP is to have 2 Triple shingle mag puches on the front of the FLC. On the right side is one Closed top mag pouches. On the left is Closed top Mag pouches. Also on the left are two 40 mm Grenade pouches for either hand grenades or 203 rounds.

On the back is a camlebak. Or some sort of hydration system. The one I am wearing is an issued on made by Hydramax.

Pics!

modern military gear and clothing 55384110

modern military gear and clothing 55384210

modern military gear and clothing 55384310

Last edited by Twitch on 03.08.10 18:44; edited 1 time in total
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 03.08.10 18:48

Ok. I managed to upload all of the pics today. If you have any questions about anything just ask me. Or if you want to see pics of the assault pack we use let me know and I'll try and get some pics of it too.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 03.08.10 19:45

Since you are the new guy, it might be kind of hard, but switch out that Hydra-crap as soon as you can. It sucks. Plain and simple. The connection between the tube and bladder leacks. The cap also has a tendancy to leak. The larger mouth of the Camelback makes it way easier to add ice. It also makes it easier to clean. I totally understand that you might be surrounded by Uniform Nazi's. Also, alot of guys changed out the IFAK carrier with one from SPEC-OPS GEAR. I bought mine from ATS. They both meet the requirement of the red strap. The ATS one has the ability of being removed easily so you can open it and work on yourself with greater ease.

What other things are you issued? Gloves? Hatch's Shorty Operator's are great gloves, but I have never had a pair last more than 6 months of constant hard use. I bought some Mechanix brand gloves from Lowe's for about the same price (maybe a little less) and they lasted from train-up all the way through deployment. For socks, I love the Smart-Wool, Omni-Wool, Danner, and Wigwam brands. I think most of these were purchased at either REI or Dick's. They are a little pricey, but you are about to find out just how much farther you will go when your feet are happy.

And lastly, what unit in the 82nd are you in?

Take care young Private. Listen to your Team Leader and Squad Leader.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 03.08.10 20:23

I actually prefer this one to the camelbaks in all honesty Sgt Anderson. Ive had 3 over my military service and Havent had any major issues. On the other hand, the two camelbaks I have had both had leaky bladders and tubes. Hell one of them the on/off switch broke and it was stuck in the on position. So Camelbak bladders are hit and miss with me. These hydramax ones have taken a beating from many ruck marches, FTXs, and 3 months at MOUT training

But yes, there is also the issue of uniformity. Unlike my previous unit we had to get our name stiched on everything instead of stenciled.

I have a decent pair of gloves. Put them through hell on multiple FTXs and they are holding up fine. Cant remember who makes them but they work for me.

I need some new boots. Mine are starting to fall apart, havent gotten any new boots in about a year...I have one garrison pair and two field pair.

Oh, I'm in 2-504 PIR 1st BCT.

Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 03.08.10 20:40

Cool. Point made. What works for one may not work for another. ie. my guys LOVED the Danner boots, so I bought a pair...AND HATE THEM. I prefer my Bates M9's. I need to replace them but the $90 boots I bought 3 or so years ago, are now around $120ish I think. Since I am guard I might have a little more freedom to pick and choose. I like the OBD(?) boots. They are less pricey if you search. I also like the Oakley's, except all I hear is that they don't last as long. My next choice are the BLACKHAWK WARRIOR boots. These look promising. If all else fails, I will just get another set of the M9's.

As you are there longer, you will see what the other guys are wearing and what is acceptable.

Since you are now the guy that is doing it full time, I might start asking you what is the latest and greatest.

Take care Brother.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 6:25