Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+5
-a|ex
superchrisguy
sniper2525
NJSC
poopdaddy
9 posters

FPS VS BARREL LENGTH

poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

FPS VS BARREL LENGTH - Page 2 Empty Re: FPS VS BARREL LENGTH

Post  poopdaddy 16.11.10 18:19

Electioneer wrote:Talk about getting carried away with something guys. Personally, i'm not going to go buy a longer barrel and suppressor to conceal it to gain a couple more fps, which in the long run will be virtually unnoticeable when playing. It's just not worth it to me and there are too many factors to consider anyways. Whenever I am upgrading a gun I have an fps range to shoot for and I buy the parts that will get me there the most efficiently and reliably. It just isn't worth the time and money to drop $60 on a decent longer barrel to gain a few fps or a few inches in accuracy.

There have been tests that prove AND disprove the effectiveness of tightbore barrels. But you would have to account for any variation in the hop-up bucking for the control test to the experiment test, nub, etc. There are just too many factors that can effect the results with barrels. You also have to account for the hindsight bias of a tester who just spent $60 on a piece of metal and doesn't want to prove he just wasted that $60.

Bottom line, if you want to put a longer barrel on your AEG to gain some fps, go for it (just make sure you have the right cylinder for the barrel Wink ). I'm not one to judge what you do to your guns and that is that.

Have a great day Very Happy

well put
    all i was showing was an fps drop for no other reason than sw
    in the end
    we fuss at each other
    and murfy's law says at the next game we will be on the same team so we cant even shoot each other lol!
    see ya at the swap meet
    and chris i got yo pce in da truck

Post  Guest 16.11.10 18:32

This may sound stupid, so don't bring the steel rain on my head for it, but from what I've seen, some guns just shoot BETTER than others. Even if you have the mirror internals for one gun, the other gun ( with the EXACT same internal specs ) will just shoot DIFFERENT. Alot of times I feel like most of this stuff is just luck of the draw, as opposed to an actual science. Why? IDK, should work out the same for everything. All I know is, I have had multiple projects for DMRs where I have run the gambit on different parts, all the same as other peoples DMR setups, and had some terrible results. Prime example, my M16 PRS. 500mm 6.03 TBB 500fps metal G&P hopup unit Madbull blue hopup bucking - shoots like utter crap. Stock G&G M16 - shoots like a laser. Should that make sense? No. Is it the reality? Yup.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 16.11.10 18:54

yep(and we only have plastic rain)
    that was kinda the point
    one gun no adjustments other than barrel length
    between the test shots the only other thing i did was put it on safe
    i just set up the s-system i have as a baby dmr
    and for sub-500 it shoots pretty far
    all in all i am happy with what i got
    and it may help some of the people that post up
    my gun it to hot for sw

-a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 16.11.10 19:04

poopdaddy wrote:
    my gun it to hot for sw

put a shorter barrel... tongue

-a|ex
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 16.11.10 22:56

-a|ex wrote:
    poopdaddy wrote:
    my gun it to hot for sw

put a shorter barrel... tongue

-a|ex
    FPS VS BARREL LENGTH - Page 2 Teh-winnar
    1991a1Colt
    1991a1Colt

Post  1991a1Colt 16.11.10 23:35

WOW Basketball were is the popcorn!!!!!
    G force
    G force

Post  G force 17.11.10 11:02

This has been a fun thread to follow. lots of drama! I was keeping up with it because I am building a SPR for my son and don't want to spend any more than I have to. It's been a good debate and what research I've done on it no one has a definitive answer... lots of opinons. I think the reason for that is like yall said there are just too many variabals, diferent gun manufactors, etc. I just got 3 brand new guns all the same brand/model and none shot the same, not very differnt but not the same. i guess thays just how it is with airsoft.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 18.11.10 22:26

Well if you are close to the the cutoff on your fps sounds like it's worth a shot to try a shorter barrel.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 11.05.24 17:46