Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+22
2sos
{PWNY} RED
frog
scooter
ATLAS
Twitch
{ACE}Steve-o
MagisterMortis
Chief
sniper2525
Takfire
Rhino
Tinman
WPeake23 [SOTHG]
Zero
Admin
#CW!!ZERO
THEMANatwar
firby911
XXX
reconsniperga
26 posters

OP: Sidewinder AAR

sniper2525
    sniper2525

OP: Sidewinder AAR - Page 2 Empty Re: OP: Sidewinder AAR

Post  sniper2525 08.03.09 21:31

hahahah ya they sure wernt lol
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 08.03.09 21:49

Sorry guys, I was a little cought up in the negative sides... during my reffing I did see some really outstanding game play. JJ from CLPC bunkered 4 kids with one pistol.

Once again good job to the squad leaders, the squad leaders are getting better and better.

I saw some guys make some amazing shots from the tower with their snipers.

I saw a couple of guys that realized their guns shot further then just about everyone elses and stood in the open to draw out the people and nailed them just about every time...(funny strategy...guess it works)
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 08.03.09 22:06

Tinman wrote:My favorite moment though was the guy's reaction when he won the mask! Kinda made me feel good to see someone that wanted it so badly got it . . . I mean . . . he did not even take it off while he was packing his gear at the car! cheers cheers

That was AWESOME TINMAN!!! Thanks for using your mad skills to help raise some $$$!!!! cheers

...and make Ryan one HAPPY CAMPER!!!!! cheers

He shoots! HE SCORES!!!! cheers TWICE!!!! cheers cheers

Last edited by Chief on 08.03.09 22:32; edited 1 time in total
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 08.03.09 22:22

The person that won it (Ryan) is a great kid! Him and dad are great Airdog customers too! It went to a good guy! Not to say that any of the other hopeful winners werent great people!
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 08.03.09 23:00

The winning is everything mentality won't get you far in this sport. Sure, winning is fun, but in order to truly appreciate winning, it doesn't hurt to be on the losing side as well. I've been at AREA 13 and been defeated soundly. That being said, it makes days like yesterday all the more satisfying when you do come out on the winning end. In my opinion, winning at all costs is what sends someone down that slippery slope of maybe taking a couple more hits than normal coupled with shaving some distance away from getting All the way back to the respawn point and so on and so forth. I've found it more satisfying to stay within the frame work of the rules and in turn in doing so the accomplishments that I do make are all the more gratifying.

I was honored to be picked as one of the squad leaders for the blue team on Saturday and I wanted to make sure that if nothing else happened, I led by example and played an honest game. You never know just who is watching you and wouldn't you rather land on the side of honest game play than not?

Todd / MagisterMortis

Team PWNY Express
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 08.03.09 23:39

Im sad i missed this game. although there is alot of negative being said, im sure there was way more good than bad. The cheating will be anywhere you go. sad but true. (not to get off topic, just making a point) i used to barrel race horses. And people would injure other peoples horses that were a "threat in the comp." Im talking smash in horses hooves with hammers. just because they want too win. Cheating is everywhere. i hate it but it is. I dont worry too much about those that cheat. i rather just know im a fair player. I have seen many people not call hits at times. everyone of all ages. usually i just will get a ref to walk over near them, which makes the more likely to call it. This works most the time. however im sure we have all had the occasional "hit we didnt feel". But that doesnt justify it for those who get lit up and say "oh i didnt feel it" anyway. All the guys from TxS said this was a great game. TxS had fun running beside A-style and Kagemusha. (from what i hear, as i wasnt there Crying or Very sad ) The only negative thing i heard was someone bunkered some of our guys in the tower on full auto. But as some of you have seen my hand from Op:Slipgate, it happens Rolling Eyes haha. i hate i missed this. cant wait till next airdog game!!!!
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 09.03.09 5:26

MagisterMortis wrote:The winning is everything mentality won't get you far in this sport. Sure, winning is fun, but in order to truly appreciate winning, it doesn't hurt to be on the losing side as well. I've been at AREA 13 and been defeated soundly. That being said, it makes days like yesterday all the more satisfying when you do come out on the winning end. In my opinion, winning at all costs is what sends someone down that slippery slope of maybe taking a couple more hits than normal coupled with shaving some distance away from getting All the way back to the respawn point and so on and so forth. I've found it more satisfying to stay within the frame work of the rules and in turn in doing so the accomplishments that I do make are all the more gratifying.

I was honored to be picked as one of the squad leaders for the blue team on Saturday and I wanted to make sure that if nothing else happened, I led by example and played an honest game. You never know just who is watching you and wouldn't you rather land on the side of honest game play than not?

Todd / MagisterMortis

Team PWNY Express

WELL SPOKEN! What a Face
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 09.03.09 11:32

I want to publicly thank the vast majority of players who played by the rules!

After AIRDog said, "If at all possible, use a pistol when bunkering someone.", I saw many people do just that! I had one guy specifically ask to borrow a pistol, he wasn't carrying one, so that he could make a move on an occupied bunker! AWESOMENESS!!! cheers

I shot one guy three times and saw the bb's hit him through my sniper scope (across a totally open field) and he didn't feel them. So after each hit I started to yell, "Did you feel that one!" To the players credit, even though he didn't feel them, he called himself out! That's honorable play!!!! cheers cheers

The game play is always a work in progress! AIRdog your doing great with the adjustments!

Ton's of fun AIRDog!!! Another great job!! cheers cheers cheers

Now if I can get that joker Joker to stop taunting the enemy..... Rolling Eyes
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 09.03.09 11:53

Though there was tons of great game play, I need to give props to one player specifically...

During the first "puzzle and flag game", on blue's far left flank (reds right flank of course), there was one guy behind a big "v" shaped tree that totally stopped our advance!! When the rest of his squad either where shot or retreated, he held his ground and it took us getting reinforcements before we finally got him, which ultimately allowed us to get the last ammo box! Whoever that was deserves the "Biggest pain in the enemies butt" award! Good playin' man!!! You were driving me crazy!!! Evil or Very Mad I was using my SAW, and you must of cost me $10 in bb's!!!!

The funny part about my SAW was that I forgot the proper battery connector and I ended up using small 9.6 battery(ies) in it. My SAW kept overheating the batteries, my gun would stop working, and I would have to wait until they cooled a bit before continuing!!!
    "Squad! Get over here and pee on these batteries to cool them off!!!" Just kidding... tongue
    I don't recommend that as an option for cooling off a battery tongue Especially if it's still in the gun Smile
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 09.03.09 12:05

Chief wrote:
    The funny part about my SAW was that I forgot the proper battery connector and I ended up using small 9.6 battery(ies) in it. My SAW kept overheating the batteries, my gun would stop working, and I would have to wait until they cooled a bit before continuing!!!
    "Squad! Get over here and pee on these batteries to cool them off!!!" Just kidding... tongue
    I don't recommend that as an option for cooling off a battery tongue Especially if it's still in the gun Smile

Don't think I'd wanna unzip ANYTHING out there with all that plastic flyin'!
    Talk about a nasty welt!!! affraid affraid affraid
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 09.03.09 12:38

Thanks guys for posting up!
    Good idea Tinman with the MVP.
    We will certainly consider for our next several games, as we further adjust the gaming rules and style to best suit player safety / gaming.

A couple of quick ideas we are kicking around for the next several games to further enhance the game play and reduce issues....

AIRDOG is considering having a couple of closed games that are team / player invitation only. Invitations going out to those experienced teams and players that frequent our events.
    This would help reduce the numbers and some of the issues experienced with first time players....no offense intended.

We will also consider having "walk-on" day, as an opportunity for new players to try our airsoft and get a 101 type training on how to play. AIRDOG may request assistance from some of the more experienced players to help mentor. This will be a series of short games and briefings to get the newer players up to speed on the rules of the game, tactics and field orientation.

We are also considering an increase for the field fees with regards to gun rentals.
    AIRDOG will keep the AREA-13 price unchanged for walk-on play and increase our pricing for gun rentals. Hopefully, this will encourage new players to invest in the sport and we will experience less infant failures within our rental fleet. Typically, the more serious players will invest in their own equipment.

Player punch cards are also being considered. This is a player ID card that is issued during the registration process with the first punch at chrono to indicate passing of the legal FPS. Punches will also be made on the field by the field refs. (and player refs) if any unethical game play or rule vilations are observed.

AIRDOG is also considering free game play offer to those that want to referee. As our games continue to grow, we need more referee presence on the field. AIRDOG will offer free game play (at the next or future event) for those players that are interested in reffing the entire game.

Just some ideas to further adjust the AIRDOG Airsoft events at AREA-13.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 09.03.09 13:45

Takfire wrote:

We will also consider having "walk-on" day, as an opportunity for new players to try our airsoft and get a 101 type training on how to play. AIRDOG may request assistance from some of the more experienced players to help mentor. This will be a series of short games and briefings to get the newer players up to speed on the rules of the game, tactics and field orientation.
    I would love to help with something like that. A while back, I did a few "new player" workshops for my younger brother and his friends, and it worked really well.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 09.03.09 13:51

Awesome Ideas Tak.

I really like the idea of a "walk on" day. Kind of like an airsoft boot camp...If ya'll do something like that I would love to help out.
    ATLAS
    ATLAS

Post  ATLAS 09.03.09 14:33

"walk on day" would be great and I would like to volunteer to help out.
    As far as ID cards, great idea, keep people constantly accountable for their conduct and not just wearry about what ref's they are near.

Increased rental fee's don't sound like a bad idea to me either, It would greatly cut down on the amount of people who were "just screwing around".
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 09.03.09 14:47

Yeah . . . ya'lls rental gun fleet takes a BEATING! affraid

We'd be happy to help in any way possible . . . would love to also install whiteboards at each main base with a field map to allow for intel gathering and strategy on objective games . . . those easily deteriorate into pandamonium when there is no "ops station" from which the squad leaders can keep teams deployed.
    This is gonna all work out well because it is evolving. I don't think any of us expect it to be perfect from the onset . . . but it will morph into something really enjoyable and safe! cheers cheers
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 09.03.09 15:10

You need to up the cost of your rental's. I heard one guy say, "Why not tear up a rental gun instead of my own."

Punch cards are a great idea. 3 (or 5) punches and your out! With certain violations earning you more than one punch.

The "squad leader" setup that you have already instituted is also an important one. It builds in a little bit of accountability and each squad leader can help ref his own people throughout the game. Then the squad leaders can get together and assess the "good, the bad, and the ugly" and then nominate for awards as Tinman suggested.

Airsoft bootcamp/walk-on days works too. Even if you specifically assign a squad leader or a ref to a group of 3 or 4 new players for the day. They would have to report to that ref/leader before and after every game and that leader would stick with them throughout the day. If he was a playing squad leader and was shot out, he could put on a vest and ref the new guys. (of course one he was a ref he would need to keep all enemy intel to himself)

Squad-144 will help whenever and wherever we can, just let us know.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 09.03.09 15:51

yo chief that guy you were talking bout behing the v bunker was actualyy me and my friend zero we held our ground as long as possible hahaha
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 09.03.09 16:29

Takfire wrote:Thanks guys for posting up!
    Good idea Tinman with the MVP.
    We will certainly consider for our next several games, as we further adjust the gaming rules and style to best suit player safety / gaming.

A couple of quick ideas we are kicking around for the next several games to further enhance the game play and reduce issues....

AIRDOG is considering having a couple of closed games that are team / player invitation only. Invitations going out to those experienced teams and players that frequent our events.
    This would help reduce the numbers and some of the issues experienced with first time players....no offense intended.

We are also considering an increase for the field fees with regards to gun rentals.
    AIRDOG will keep the AREA-13 price unchanged for walk-on play and increase our pricing for gun rentals. Hopefully, this will encourage new players to invest in the sport and we will experience less infant failures within our rental fleet. Typically, the more serious players will invest in their own equipment.

Player punch cards are also being considered. This is a player ID card that is issued during the registration process with the first punch at chrono to indicate passing of the legal FPS. Punches will also be made on the field by the field refs. (and player refs) if any unethical game play or rule vilations are observed.

AIRDOG is also considering free game play offer to those that want to referee. As our games continue to grow, we need more referee presence on the field. AIRDOG will offer free game play (at the next or future event) for those players that are interested in reffing the entire game.

Just some ideas to further adjust the AIRDOG Airsoft events at AREA-13.
    That sounds awesome.
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 09.03.09 18:36

sniper2525 wrote:yo chief that guy you were talking bout behing the v bunker was actualyy me and my friend zero we held our ground as long as possible hahaha

Some people just don't "scare away" as easily as others! ...and that's as it should be. Makes it much more fun! affraid
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 09.03.09 18:41

Tinman wrote:
    Chief wrote:

Don't think I'd wanna unzip ANYTHING out there with all that plastic flyin'!
    Talk about a nasty welt!!! affraid affraid affraid

You need to read "House to House" by David Bellavia. There's a wound that one of his buddies receives... YIKES! Nuff said. affraid affraid affraid
    scooter
    scooter

Post  scooter 09.03.09 18:52

I think that next time we play AIRDOG needs to set up a mental clinic to help ZARTAN deal with the emotional distress he will get from being PWND and reduced to tears!!! Twisted Evil
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 09.03.09 19:14

sniper2525 wrote:yan you can ask rhino i had some probs wit ppl going out when i made my runs towards the trench they were in i swear i put 5 mid caps into them total and saw almost every bb hit them and my gun has a high rof it was unreal lol but still had alot of fun at the event thanks airdog another great one!!!!

lol...I was in that trench was that the last game? You did not get me that's for sure cause every time one of you came i would duck cause my gun was screwed up.
    I was a bit surprised that you did not get us...I saw you get chief once and that was it. I keep a look out for people not calling their hits both on the team and off the team, but I was not paying much attention to the people next to me. But when the adrenaline starts pumping you really don't pay much attention to the people around you just concentrate on your target.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 09.03.09 19:20

#CW!!ZERO wrote:
    firby911 wrote:I had a good time. I lol at some 10 year old kid that kept insisting to use cwzeros sniper then after he got out the kid wanted my gun and started to yank on it.

Yeah dude, he was like i bet i can snipe them, and i was just like cool dude, then he persisted to use my sniper rifle during the middle of the game, it was sorta weird.

OK . . . after some fatherly checking an PMs I have been told that this was not Stephen but I still think it may well have been. I want to apologize if Stephen interfered in anyone's gameplay. I know he tried trading guns with another kid between games which is against our family rules so he will be shadowing me next game and his punishment will be picking up 5,000 BB's at Area 13 if Alpine allows us to trespass for that purpose. I want both my boys to be a credit to the sport . . . not an intereferance . . . I will stand behind them both as good kids . . . just want them to honor others before themselves.
    Thanks to you guys!
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 09.03.09 19:24

XXX wrote:
    sniper2525 wrote:yan you can ask rhino i had some probs wit ppl going out when i made my runs towards the trench they were in i swear i put 5 mid caps into them total and saw almost every bb hit them and my gun has a high rof it was unreal lol but still had alot of fun at the event thanks airdog another great one!!!!

lol...I was in that trench was that the last game? You did not get me that's for sure cause every time one of you came i would duck cause my gun was screwed up.
    I was a bit surprised that you did not get us...I saw you get chief once and that was it. I keep a look out for people not calling their hits both on the team and off the team, but I was not paying much attention to the people next to me. But when the adrenaline starts pumping you really don't pay much attention to the people around you just concentrate on your target.

Man I got shot out of that trench like five times!! You would think I would learn faster than that!! scratch

Gotta love those re-spawn games!! (and yes, though I was slow, I went all the way back and through the re-spawn point. What a Face)

Last edited by Chief on 09.03.09 19:29; edited 1 time in total
    Zero
    Zero

Post  Zero 09.03.09 19:27

Tinman wrote:I know he tried trading guns with another kid between games which is against our family rules so he will be shadowing me next game and his punishment will be picking up 5,000 BB's at Area 13 if Alpine allows us to trespass for that purpose. I want both my boys to be a credit to the sport . . . not an intereferance . . . I will stand behind them both as good kids . . . just want them to honor others before themselves.
    Thanks to you guys!

I don't envy him 5000 bb's would totally suck. I'm going to have to say that is an awesome idea for punishment though. The airdog guys should use that as a way to punish people who don't call there hits lol.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18.05.24 20:24