Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

3 posters

Wht price range am i looking at?

CFA

Wht price range am i looking at? Empty Wht price range am i looking at?

Post  CFA 05.02.12 10:52

Wht price range am i looking at? Dream_10

I want to build this.

Base gun will be a G&G Raider

Raider:$200?
    Silencer:$30 off players
    CTR Stock:$40
    AFG:$20(online)
    MBUS sights: $20

This doesnt include internals. Also can a G&G Raider withstand a 11.1v 15c 1100MaH lipo? Atleast for some time?
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Wht price range am i looking at? Empty Re: Wht price range am i looking at?

Post  poopdaddy 05.02.12 11:05

call rhino at airdog
    he can build you one with a mosfet.they have all the parts you need
    CFA

Post  CFA 05.02.12 11:12

poopdaddy wrote:call rhino at airdog
    he can build you one with a mosfet.they have all the parts you need

Thanks! ill throw him a call once i get the externals set. But could it handle a lipo for like a little while?
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 05.02.12 11:38

with a fet or a relay it can handle a 11.1
    i think airdog has most if not all of the externals,raiders,and mosfets in stock.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 05.02.12 12:05

depends on your FPS. if you are going for 400fps/30rps, you will need a chromoly pinion gear for your new motor. it will be more reliable.
    if you are going 350fps/25rps, i recommend a DSG with 7.4v 50amp LiPo. you can do mag dump after mag dump without failure. matrix torque motor is a good choice. if you decide to waste more bb's, add the 11.1v for 50+ rps.

mosfet, good shimming and AOE correction will allow high discharge batteries (not just LiPo, but 9.6v 5000mAH). unfortunately, it will increase wear on parts. new piston is recommended, cutoff levers will wear down quickly, fine tuning such as polishing piston rails and cylinders also recommended.
    CFA

Post  CFA 05.02.12 16:08

-a|ex wrote:depends on your FPS. if you are going for 400fps/30rps, you will need a chromoly pinion gear for your new motor. it will be more reliable.
    if you are going 350fps/25rps, i recommend a DSG with 7.4v 50amp LiPo. you can do mag dump after mag dump without failure. matrix torque motor is a good choice. if you decide to waste more bb's, add the 11.1v for 50+ rps.

mosfet, good shimming and AOE correction will allow high discharge batteries (not just LiPo, but 9.6v 5000mAH). unfortunately, it will increase wear on parts. new piston is recommended, cutoff levers will wear down quickly, fine tuning such as polishing piston rails and cylinders also recommended.

I was looking at doing this:
    Raider:$100 used
    Silencer:$30 off players
    All the magpul:$50 off extremedeal

Then use like $150 on internals to start. Is a mosfet, resettable fuse, matrix high torque, G&P Steel Pinion Gear, 2200mAh 11.1v 30C, good shim job(Rhino), and AOE correction. What ROF am i looking at? What do you think will fail first?
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 05.02.12 18:07

if rhino is going to shim it, might as well have him give you a qoute. he can get the parts or you can get the parts and have him install it. since you are unfamiliar with speed builds, go with rhino's recommendations. i'm trigger happy (mag dumps) and the usual failures with 11.1v 50 amp builds are piston failures (forgetting to loctite the head screw) rack failure (manufacturing defects) and pinion gear wear. i use stock JG gears (XYT, GE, X) and they can take abuse.

rps with m120 (400fps) and 11.1v is usually around 30rps.

there are different methods to adjusting AOE. for speed builds, i prefer a faucet rubber washer. it helps bounce the piston back to help the gears/motor. some use piston head spacers with a longer head screw. some also use sorbo sandwiched between the cylinder head and rubber buffer. i think it's not necessary unless it's pushing 400fps @ 80rps or 600+fps DMR's. i haven't cracked any gearboxes yet with 350fps/60rps using faucet rubber washers. i also used the sorbo method until i realized that the sorbo is completely compressed and no longer has it's original shock absobancy. it works best with low rps high spring rate builds.

the purpose of adjusting AOE is to prevent piston damage with upgraded performance. it also has a secondary purpose in absorbing piston impact on gearboxes. rounding off the gearbox cylinder window also helps reduce gearbox cracking.

Last edited by -a|ex on 05.02.12 18:19; edited 1 time in total
    CFA

Post  CFA 05.02.12 18:19

-a|ex wrote:if rhino is going to shim it, might as well have him give you a qoute. he can get the parts or you can get the parts and have him install it. since you are unfamiliar with speed builds, go with rhino's recommendations. i'm trigger happy (mag dumps) and the usual failures with 11.1v 50 amp builds are piston failures (forgetting to loctite the head screw) rack failure (manufacturing defects) and pinion gear wear. i use stock JG gears (XYT, GE, X) and they can take abuse.

rps with m120 (400fps) and 11.1v is usually around 30rps.

Ok cause i know you have some good guns, seen you at GT. And i needed a new CQB gun so this was my custom build

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 20:28