Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+11
Q-bald
xplodingbunnys
{ACE}Steve-o
Admin
Markerscope1 [SOTHG]
Bulldog94
Stalker
Gunny1.5
navyseal1000
NJSC
15 posters

Anyone want to have a religious debate?

Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Anyone want to have a religious debate? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone want to have a religious debate?

Post  Bulldog94 05.12.09 12:43

{ACE}Steve-o wrote:Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour, nuff' said.

+1x
    XXX
    XXX

Anyone want to have a religious debate? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone want to have a religious debate?

Post  XXX 05.12.09 13:18

I haven't looked through all 6 pages of this thread but here are some good resources. Anyone who thinks Jesus never came to the earth and the apostles were liars should read this book "More Then a Carpenter" by Josh McDowell. IF you guys want a copy of that let me know I have access to a whole lot of them.

Here is another resource for people who have invested their time believing in Evolution. http://creation.com/qa#faqs

I actually have multiple indepth books on the matter of evolution and if your interested in a good debate against your own belief in evolution let me know.
    I will let you have them for free.

If you say your a Christian examine yourself and live like one; I am tired of people who say they know Jesus but the way the act and the things they say totally contradict what the Bible say.

A question to the atheist if there is evil, then there must be good right? What else would we have to compare evil to?

Here is an awesome video by Tim Keller its 60min long but helps provide an accurate depiction of Christianity and purposes good arguments for atheists.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxup3OS5ZhQ

Oh yeah, Global Warming by man is a hoax.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2009/20091202135822.aspx

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/6679082/Climate-change-this-is-the-worst-scientific-scandal-of-our-generation.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704888404574547730924988354.html

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100017393/climategate-the-final-nail-in-the-coffin-of-anthropogenic-global-warming/

Post  Guest 05.12.09 14:46

Ok, hold on everyone, did anyone read what NAVYSEAL1000 posted? What the hell did that even mean? Was it a riddle or something? Was it random words thrown together and then posted? That almost made my brain melt Laughing

Post  Guest 05.12.09 15:10

Q-bald wrote:I personally do not go to Church but I got saved when I was 13 years old. Kneeling by my bed, I asked Jesus to come into my Heart. It was an awesome experience.
    To me, Church is a fashion show, Gossip party, Judgment, get all up in yo business place. And the last time I went to a Baptist church, all I heard the whole time is "Your going to Hell" come outa the Preachers mouth. I do NOT believe you have to go to church to go to Heaven. I thank God every day for Sacrificing his son so that my pathetic butt can go to heaven.

Jesus in the Bible addresses this exact issue, not sure what he said or what the conclusion was, perhaps Nic knows? All I know is, he said organized worship was definitely important in some manner...
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 05.12.09 16:07

XXX wrote:I haven't looked through all 6 pages of this thread but here are some good resources. Anyone who thinks Jesus never came to the earth and the apostles were liars should read this book "More Then a Carpenter" by Josh McDowell. IF you guys want a copy of that let me know I have access to a whole lot of them.

Here is another resource for people who have invested their time believing in Evolution. http://creation.com/qa#faqs

I actually have multiple indepth books on the matter of evolution and if your interested in a good debate against your own belief in evolution let me know.
    I will let you have them for free.

If you say your a Christian examine yourself and live like one; I am tired of people who say they know Jesus but the way the act and the things they say totally contradict what the Bible say.

A question to the atheist if there is evil, then there must be good right? What else would we have to compare evil to?

Here is an awesome video by Tim Keller its 60min long but helps provide an accurate depiction of Christianity and purposes good arguments for atheists.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxup3OS5ZhQ

Oh yeah, Global Warming by man is a hoax.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2009/20091202135822.aspx

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/6679082/Climate-change-this-is-the-worst-scientific-scandal-of-our-generation.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704888404574547730924988354.html

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100017393/climategate-the-final-nail-in-the-coffin-of-anthropogenic-global-warming/

yeah i read that book... just out of plain interest
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 05.12.09 16:10

Aggressor wrote:Ok, hold on everyone, did anyone read what NAVYSEAL1000 posted? What the hell did that even mean? Was it a riddle or something? Was it random words thrown together and then posted? That almost made my brain melt Laughing

yeah that one kinda made my head hurt as well... but i kinda understand what he is saying..
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 05.12.09 20:20

navyseal1000 wrote:
    {ACE}Steve-o wrote:
    Markerscope1 [SOTHG] wrote:
    NJSC wrote:You could have at least spelled Savior correctly geez.. jk jk How did you come to this conclusion?

probably through family like most religions are passed on.

Not really. I always went to a Christian church from a young age, but i was very curious about God when i was younger. After reading the bible and getting saved, i don't know where i would be without God. I can't imagine the feeling of not knowing Him. I really would have a hard time in life if my God wasn't in mine.

I've been Cristian ever since I was 3 years old. Always read the bible and go to church. Can't see why my parents stopped going to church but I have been wanting to go back for years and never got my wish. I have been cursed and shall I cast it on a angel to get rid of the madness and curse itself. Never anyone understood my will in it and never will, personality, faith in Jesus Christ, 2333 BC. Never anyone shall talk about it nor find out because it makes bad things happen,
    this paragraph shall not receive any questions.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    ---C
    I've got some questions...WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?
    Well in another off topic note 6 pages in one day wow...
    But I was raised christian but I dont like the religion. Its hypocritical...Love your neighbor...but dont support gays...What is that? Thats not loving your neighbor.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 05.12.09 20:32

Well Max here's the thing about that. Christians should (granted many don't) love the person no matter the sin. Yes homosexual acts in the Bible is a sin, but so is lying, or getting stupidly angry, or even speeding. I agree with you that hypocrisy is rampant throughout the church, but that is not because it is the church. It is once again because the church is made up of people, or pathetic butts (kudos to Q-bald). There definitely needs to be more spiritual maturity with Christians. Jesus ate with prostitutes and tax collectors. I'm sure Jesus would have eaten with a gay man as well (he probably did) and shared love to them.
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 06.12.09 0:22

NJSC wrote:Well Max here's the thing about that. Christians should (granted many don't) love the person no matter the sin. Yes homosexual acts in the Bible is a sin, but so is lying, or getting stupidly angry, or even speeding. I agree with you that hypocrisy is rampant throughout the church, but that is not because it is the church. It is once again because the church is made up of people, or pathetic butts (kudos to Q-bald). There definitely needs to be more spiritual maturity with Christians. Jesus ate with prostitutes and tax collectors. I'm sure Jesus would have eaten with a gay man as well (he probably did) and shared love to them.

+1000
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 06.12.09 0:26

I support gays, straight, unsure, etc. They are people like you and me just a little differant. No need to be so uptight about it.
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 06.12.09 0:27

{ACE}Steve-o wrote:
    NJSC wrote:Well Max here's the thing about that. Christians should (granted many don't) love the person no matter the sin. Yes homosexual acts in the Bible is a sin, but so is lying, or getting stupidly angry, or even speeding. I agree with you that hypocrisy is rampant throughout the church, but that is not because it is the church. It is once again because the church is made up of people, or pathetic butts (kudos to Q-bald). There definitely needs to be more spiritual maturity with Christians. Jesus ate with prostitutes and tax collectors. I'm sure Jesus would have eaten with a gay man as well (he probably did) and shared love to them.

+1000

+1001
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 06.12.09 0:47

Coby could you clarify your post from earlier?
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 06.12.09 0:49

Which post? The one that nobody understands?

Edit: Getting off topic guys...
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 06.12.09 1:12

Yes that post, and no we are not getting off topic if it deals with your religious views.
    navyseal1000
    navyseal1000

Post  navyseal1000 06.12.09 1:16

Paragragh gets no questions.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 06.12.09 1:25

it's your paragraph of which I speak
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 06.12.09 1:47

Mark, (and anyone else who cares to know), here’s my explanation of basic quantum mechanics and how it affects my religious viewpoints. I’d highly recommend reading what I’ve got to say. Know that my explanation of QM is kind of oversimplified in some respects, but if you seriously study QM, the basic principles I’ll talk about are definitely there. I obviously won’t be getting into any equations, but if you’re interested in quantum, then do some research. It’s cool stuff.

So, when I was a wee lad at 16 years old, I was having a tough time accepting the fact that God could have any power in a world controlled by natural laws. The way I saw it, if scientific laws controlled the way things moved, grew, and so on, then what was the mechanism in which a higher power could influence the universe? What was the mechanism in which a higher power could make things happen? I decided that there were only two options: A) The laws of nature are concrete and cannot be broken. God created these laws so perfectly that human history was planned out from the beginning. Or B) The laws of nature are concrete and cannot be broken. Therefore, there’s no room for any God. I wasn’t willing to accept choice A, so I fell back upon choice B.

However, I then signed up for Ms Golladay’s Astrophysics class. I had already had her for another Physics class, so I KNEW that the class was going to be brutally hard, but I knew that I would learn a lot and have fun while I was at it.
    Then we came to quantum mechanics. I’ll try to explain basic principles behind quantum in a nutshell, something that’s kind of hard to do.

1) When you’re talking about big objects (cars, marbles, grains of sand, etc), motion is governed by equations of motion; force is mass times acceleration, etc. So motion is easy to predict. However, when you start talking about things that are REALLY small (electrons, photons, and individual atoms), the laws of motion simply don’t work anymore. I’ll explain why later.
    2) Know that every object can be measured. You can measure its velocity, its size, its mass, or whatever you want.
    3) However, when you start talking about objects that are really small, you can’t know definite measurements. You can’t say “This particle has a velocity of ___.” All you can say is “This particle has a 90% probability of having a velocity between ___ and ___.” Be aware that this is NOT simply because humans don’t posses accurate enough measuring equipment. It’s because particles truly behave that way. Things will pop in and out of existence, they will show up in one spot and then “teleport” to another spot, and sometimes exist in two places at once.
    4) Usually, this only matters if you’re talking about small objects, and once you get to something the size of a few atoms or more, then all of the probabilities even out. Technically, if every particle in a large object was to “teleport” a certain distant in the same direction at the same time (EXTREMELY unlikely), then it would appear that the entire object was “teleporting.” However, this is so unlikely that the probability of it happening approaches zero.

The important thing here is that THERE IS NO WAY TO PREDICT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO EXTREMELY SMALL OBJECTS. So, in a nutshell QM proves that there are some things that you simply can’t predict, and science can only give you a probability of something happening.
    If you then accept that God can see and control where physics falls short, and you accept that God can control probabilities, then you are forced to draw the conclusion that God can therefore apply quantum mechanics to things that are large., because God can manipulate what is going to happen to EVERY small particle in question and make those particles behave as a single unit, not as separate entities. Once you can apply QM to large objects, anything is possible. Man can walk on water (as he falls, every particle is instantaneously being “teleported” upwards, giving the illusion of the water being solid), the dead can be reanimated, and the particles in the air can be rearranged to form atoms that form molecules that come together to form items such as bread and fish that seem to come out of nowhere.
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 06.12.09 3:39

Wow, that's a really interesting way of looking at it. I had thought about similar concepts, but never in that detail because I don't have that much background info.

The way I've always thought is similar. If God is all powerful, then couldn't He easily have created all of science's laws?
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 06.12.09 9:34

That is a very interesting standpoint. I definitely come from a more philosophical background.
    Also some thing worth considering is strong force when viewed against Colossians 1:17
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 06.12.09 20:26

That's a good verse to go with it as well.
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 06.12.09 22:38

I think God made physics to take care of everyday stuff. Like gravity, etc.... I also believe God can define these physics as he please. Such as turning a staff into a snake like he did in the Old Testiment. No man can do that! Turning water into wine/blood. No man has these capabilities. We can't do the things God can with physics, why?? Because he created them. He created laws of gravity, and he can break them.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 06.12.09 22:58

{ACE}Steve-o wrote: He created laws of gravity, and he can break them.
    See, but that's the beautiful thing about quantum. He doesn't have to break the law of mutual attraction (gravity), because the way he made it was perfect. Without QM, if miracles are to be performed, then laws must be broken, indicating that the laws God created are in fact imperfect. But with QM, the perfect laws can be simply ignored for a short period of time without being broken.
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 06.12.09 23:11

Admin wrote:
    {ACE}Steve-o wrote: He created laws of gravity, and he can break them.
    See, but that's the beautiful thing about quantum. He doesn't have to break the law of mutual attraction (gravity), because the way he made it was perfect. Without QM, if miracles are to be performed, then laws must be broken, indicating that the laws God created are in fact imperfect. But with QM, the perfect laws can be simply ignored for a short period of time without being broken.

U my friend have officially analyzed life way to much. Lol. In my opinion, life is really impossible to comprehend and will remain a mystery until we die. Bottom line is, as far as believing in God, you either have faith or you don't. But then again you can believe in God and not know Jesus. Just because you know there is a God doesn't mean your saved. Asking Jesus into your heart is what saves you.

But basically it all boils down to this..... either you know Jesus, or you don't. Bottom line. Nothing else matters in life. Because when we die we go to one of two places, heaven or hell. Whether Jesus is in our hearts is that deciding factor. So what else matters in this life other than knowing Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior? nothing in my opinion.
    Stalker
    Stalker

Post  Stalker 06.12.09 23:29

This is true, very true. God is love, and He has told us all to love. 1 John 4:7, very important.

As for overanalyzing, heck I'd say that a lot of people (particularily Christian science-types) would say that is underanalyzing. There's so much Biblical science I honestly have a difficult time remembering what I've heard and studied.

Post  Guest 06.12.09 23:51

{ACE}Steve-o wrote:

U my friend have officially analyzed life way to much. Lol. In my opinion, life is really impossible to comprehend and will remain a mystery until we die. Bottom line is, as far as believing in God, you either have faith or you don't. But then again you can believe in God and not know Jesus. Just because you know there is a God doesn't mean your saved. Asking Jesus into your heart is what saves you.

But basically it all boils down to this..... either you know Jesus, or you don't. Bottom line. Nothing else matters in life. Because when we die we go to one of two places, heaven or hell. Whether Jesus is in our hearts is that deciding factor. So what else matters in this life other than knowing Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior? nothing in my opinion.

Negative! QM is a very important field of science, but certain things have been revealed through it. Is it overanalyzing if you are partial to scientific truths that can point to the existence of God? I could easily say that to not know of QM and believe in God would be ignorance, but thats not how things work.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 16:07