Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+10
Hollywood
XXX
Kodiedogs
Twitch
airsoftsniper25
Airsoftguy238
NJSC
Q-bald
i am haji
14 posters

How to be combat effective in outdoor games

i am haji
    i am haji

How to be combat effective in outdoor games Empty How to be combat effective in outdoor games

Post  i am haji 20.12.09 15:57

Usually, i get 1-3 kills, 7-14 deaths per game. Then i hear people talking about nailing 20 kills and it makes me ask
    "how!?!"

It might just be my lack of experince, I've played a total of 4 outdoor games since sacom closed.

This is what i tend to do, Usually i see a lot of the team hanging to close to the spawn and i try to venture in deeper alone. When i do this, (i think i just found one of my problems) I never have my gun up and im never scanning the horzion since im trying to watch my feet from slipping on rougher/slopped terrain.

Occasionally some guys rally up and start running a flank and ill go ahead and jump on the wagon. once the group starts taking fire i immediately drop for the nearest cover. This is where I get shot for being to exposed or the enemy moved to get an angle.

The problem is, i am use to the the whole "semi only in rooms rule" back from sacom. so basically im never touching the full auto switch thus lacking suppressive fire

I've realized that spotting enemies is not always the easiest thing either and ive taken a tolal of 5 headshots at ACZ poking my head out looking for targets

anyone have any pointers or advice and what tactics/methods do you guys usually use?
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

How to be combat effective in outdoor games Empty Re: How to be combat effective in outdoor games

Post  Q-bald 20.12.09 16:36

I look forward and always have my gun at the ready. Always on full auto unless I'm about to Break M.E.D.'s I also will move forward 15-20 feet at a time and stop, knell and look for targets. When Taking cover, Never pin yourself to close to that cover. Stay back from the cover at least 6 feet to allow a peripheral view of each side of the cover you are behind. Getting right up on the bunker will get ya pinned down and flanked from either side. when in a fire fight with a single person, and that person ducks down when you fire at him, change you position while his head is down. When he looks up you will be gone but you will still know where he is at.
    These are just a few tips i have picked up...Hope the help ya, They work for me.

How to be combat effective in outdoor games Empty Re: How to be combat effective in outdoor games

Post  Guest 20.12.09 16:37

The difference between outdoor combat and indoor combat is methods of engagement. In an indoor scenario your looking and voilence of action mixed with reaction time, however in outdoor combat you have MUCH more space to work with and alot more cover. That being said, getting kills in outdoors is all about crossfire, "getting the angle" on your opponent. This is done via miniature version of BattleDrill1Alpha (in accordance with the Ranger Handbook circa 1996). Basically, you have some men fire to keep you enemy pinned while you move to another location to get an effective cross fire on them ,an angle at which your fire and your men's fire will be at either 90+ degress OR more preferably you will be in a position to shoot behind the enemies cover. You can take out 3-4 people per burst if you perform this correctly. I know that at ACZ at the free game I had my most kills in the shortest span of time doing this, 8 kills in about thirty seconds. We had a bunch of our guys firing at the enemy on the fare right side of the field, I went to flank one man, when I came up over the hill I found that my guys had 10+ people pinned down. Now, this probably wont happen often, I was very lucky to be presented with this plethora of targets, but I began to open fire and took down 5 of them before they returned fire and took three of them down as they ran for alternate cover. The reason I was able to take down so many people is because since I had an angle of fire mixed with my guys pinning them downs fire, an extremely effective cross fire was created. They were caught unaware, and no matter where they went they were taking fire, rendering them very very vulnerable. Don't expect to get 8 kills in thrity seconds using this method however, Ill be the first to admit that I was extremely lucky to find myself in that situation. However, using this constantly youll find yourself a steady stream of kills.
    Another way to be effective is by just being a good snapshot, and using speed and good judgement as to where you take cover. Indoors cover is limited to doorways and desks, but outside a simple depression in the ground can be enough cover. Use the environment to your advantage , try and make yourslef as invisibel as possible, in the best cover, with the best line of sight on your opponent.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 20.12.09 16:57

Also you need to vary how you look out behind cover. Look at Marks video's closer from the game yesterday, and you'll see that he is never going to look out the same place from behind cover. First time over the top, next on the left side, then maybe the top or the right side. Pay close attention to the videos cause he did a really good job of being able to see enemy position and then remember it for the next time he popped out from a different place from behind cover.
    i am haji
    i am haji

Post  i am haji 20.12.09 16:59

im definatley gonna keep that in mind q-bald. I always thought if i was to far from my cover id be exposed but keeping your gun pointed counters the fact that you are exposed

haha aggresor so full spectrum warrior wasnt a waste of time! The problem is cooderdination.

Im still trying to learn everyones face and name here so im hesitant to make an order to someone whos already fixed on someone else and i dont want to tell the guy to change his direction of fire to my enemy

The problem back at ACZ was that they had us surrounded half of the game and there was no room to make a flank. What do you do in this situation

Post  Guest 20.12.09 17:01

Another thing to do is be aware of whats around you in a 360degree area. In outdoors, you can be shot from anywhere essentially. You need to be watching for the flank to happen, or for some sneaky opponent to get the drop on your whole team. Being aware of your enemies movements will help you predict where they are going and what they want to do. Indoors you cant keep eyes on that well because there are walls in the way, hence reaction time and intuition are your best keys, but outdoors everything slows down and you can keep tabs on your enemy, but be aware that they are also keeping tabs on you.

In the situation where you are surrounded its very difficult to break out. In reality you wont have boundaries, out of bounds, like you do at ACZ. In reality you would fall back to an ERP or predetermined point and redouble your efforts from there. But in airsoft your stuck where you are. Honestly, the best you can do is nut up and fight as hard as you can. If you don't give any quarter and really hold down that trigger you'll find your opponents either stop coming back to yoru spot or keep their heads down alot more. You basically need to push as hard as possible and capitalize when your opponent falters or gets a bit lazy. On their side they are on easy street, which can make for some laxaties in judgement further into the game.

Last edited by Aggressor on 20.12.09 17:05; edited 1 time in total
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 20.12.09 17:04

NJSC wrote:Also you need to vary how you look out behind cover. Look at Marks video's closer from the game yesterday, and you'll see that he is never going to look out the same place from behind cover. First time over the top, next on the left side, then maybe the top or the right side. Pay close attention to the videos cause he did a really good job of being able to see enemy position and then remember it for the next time he popped out from a different place from behind cover.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg0CjcjJNWA&feature=sub
    perfect example...
    and he killed theairsoftreviewer1
    airsoftsniper25
    airsoftsniper25

Post  airsoftsniper25 20.12.09 17:06

Also something to remember, patience can get you a long way. Just ask trent Razz
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 20.12.09 17:09

NJSC wrote:Also you need to vary how you look out behind cover. Look at Marks video's closer from the game yesterday, and you'll see that he is never going to look out the same place from behind cover. First time over the top, next on the left side, then maybe the top or the right side. Pay close attention to the videos cause he did a really good job of being able to see enemy position and then remember it for the next time he popped out from a different place from behind cover.

Very true Nic. A good example of this is I was in a Ditch near the parachute at Area13 and having fire fights from the Crack village and the parachute. I worked the ditch to my advantage never popping out to shoot in the same area...After the game, the peeps I was in the fire fight with said "Man, you really worked that ditch. I couldn't keep up with where you were."
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 20.12.09 17:17

i am haji wrote:Usually, i get 1-3 kills, 7-14 deaths per game. Then i hear people talking about nailing 20 kills and it makes me ask
    "how!?!"

In my opinon people who say they are getting that many kills a game are talking out there a** because I never get anywhere near that amount.

Or maybe I am doing something wrong too (And I also dont keep track of my kills), but I still find it hard to believe people are getting that many kills per game.
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 20.12.09 17:23

Twitch wrote:
    i am haji wrote:Usually, i get 1-3 kills, 7-14 deaths per game. Then i hear people talking about nailing 20 kills and it makes me ask
    "how!?!"

In my opinon people who say they are getting that many kills a game are talking out there a** because I never get anywhere near that amount.

Or maybe I am doing something wrong too (And I also dont keep track of my kills), but I still find it hard to believe people are getting that many kills per game.
    20 kills a game I personally think is bull unless you have some hidden COD4 Chopper perk no one knows about. In a day I usually get about 20 kills but thats a span of several hours.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 20.12.09 17:29

^ yeah max. I figure I usually get 4-5 kills a game. Usually I have more deaths than kills, or I break about even. And thats pushing it for me. And people know I am not a camper either. So if these people really are getting 20 kills I really want to know how they are doing it.

Post  Guest 20.12.09 17:33

Yeah, I think my best game EVER was 18-19 kills at area13 on a defensive game, so people were running straight into my fire in the first place. I can't see someone averaging 20kills per game. That would decimate the other side.
    airsoftsniper25
    airsoftsniper25

Post  airsoftsniper25 20.12.09 17:34

Twitch wrote:^ yeah max. I figure I usually get 4-5 kills a game. Usually I have more deaths than kills, or I break about even. And thats pushing it for me. And people know I am not a camper either. So if these people really are getting 20 kills I really want to know how they are doing it.

Spawn kill in the last game in the woodsball course, got 18-20 kills easy. But in a way i consider it "cheating" for me so i don't really brag about it/count it as kills for the day. Just sayin that is a possibility about how people claim to get so many kills, but twitch you know i was over to the right of you shooting straight into their respawn so you know im not lying
    Airsoftguy238
    Airsoftguy238

Post  Airsoftguy238 20.12.09 17:35

One way I could see getting 20 kills a game is if it is a unlimited respawn and your constantly flanking enemy bases that are choc full of the other team.

Post  Guest 20.12.09 17:38

The game I had 18-19 kills the other team just sent wave upon wave of charges at us, and in the end we eventually broke and they won, but it was like shooting fish in a barrel, their respawn was right over the hill, so they just kept coming back at us everytime their line got shot down, gaining more and more ground with each attempt. The only time youll get 20 kills in a standard length game is you gotta be close to the spawn point.

Post  |337 20.12.09 18:11

my kills vary a lot, if i am playing conservative. i get 4-5 a round, i if i am goofing off i might get 1 or 2 if i am lucky
    Kodiedogs
    Kodiedogs

Post  Kodiedogs 20.12.09 19:28

the thing Ive learned and Im a noob myself is always know whats going on around you always try to stay 3-4 moves ahead of your enemy. before you move forward look for 2-3 covers you can get to fast if needed and always have a fall back cover.and always have cover you might can lay low Ive gotten in places where Id just lay down let them walk right by until I could get to a place where I have the upper hand. the biggest thing to outdoor is take your time .
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 21.12.09 23:11

I am not sure why but I always got more kills at area 13. Like Paul says when your playing defensive at area 13 you get yourself into situations where people attack in waves. However, when I started playing at varying fields that never happens anymore.
    Hollywood
    Hollywood

Post  Hollywood 20.07.11 22:50

Durring the TDC GA/SC game I shot 8 people in under 2 minutes trying to get out of the back of a deuce and a half. My position was concealed and at an angle so I saw them coming around the truck before they could lock on me. THe spot was so good the ref stopped letting people come around the truck.
    Some tips to the OP.
    I saw alot of alone and solo rambo tactics in your actions. You need a battle buddy. Rambo only happens rarely and its always due to luck.
    Once you get yourself a buddy you need to practice leap frogging, and IA (Immediate action drills for certain instances whether it is unloading from a tank/vehicle to reacting to an ambush.
    Read millitary mannuals for infantry and cbq tactics.
    TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN
    A 3 man team using leapfrogging and interval fields of fire while assaulting an objective or just moving can take over a 300 foot section of their AO. Thus when moving the AO box moves and you are all chatting intell, yelling out relaods, target aquiring.
    Shoot move and communicate.
    Play with that full auto button a bit. When the going gets tough the tough go cyclic.
    When all else fails scream like you are on fire and chatge. Its a gamble but you wouldnt believe how people freeeze up when someone is running at them and screaming a mean war cry.
    Practice reloading mags and pistol stipping for the holster.
    Good luck.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 20.07.11 23:09

[/quote]
    20 kills a game I personally think is bull unless you have some hidden COD4 Chopper perk no one knows about. [/quote]
    if your Deon you do

my advice: wear a bright red shirt,and have a gun with an awesome paint job. People will be to busy looking at your sexyness to shoot you.

in all seriousness: get creative is what i do lay down and poke your head around the bottom of corners, look through the holes in the spools, standing on the ribs of walls and looking over, that kind of stuff. Also dont over run the front line, you get left behind then pinned down.

hollywood
    said, "if your not shooting, you should be moving to cover, communicating or reloading"
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 21.07.11 2:42

There's a saying, "fire without movement is a waste of ammunition, while movement without fire is suicide."
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 21.07.11 3:39

Admin wrote:There's a saying, "fire without movement is a waste of ammunition, while movement without fire is suicide."
    yeah that's something i've always seen with newer players over the years in that they have a tendency to shoot someone then not move up...or they have a tendency to stall when fired on...just keep moving forward...it's airsoft,worst case you have to respawn...
    TheRealBandit
    TheRealBandit

Post  TheRealBandit 18.03.12 11:38

i only got around 16 confirmed kills at op soco and we played all weekend with around 300 players. the kids who say they got 20 are usually lying

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.04.24 5:48