Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+14
Chief
2sos
Hans
Zero
Electioneer
{ACE}Steve-o
Retherford
Dirkastan
reconsniperga
UBCS Gibbs
Rhino
Admin
Twitch
THEMANatwar
18 posters

Best Camo???

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Best Camo??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Camo???

Post  Admin 16.02.09 22:49

B?DU.com is the best place (IMO) to get new BDU's/ACU's.
    Make sure that you don't get 100% cotton.
    Hans
    Hans

Post  Hans 16.02.09 22:55

THEMANatwar wrote:
    Those are great prices, but i see they are used.... i dont mind getting used camo but i need to know what condition it is in. One more thing my mom is going to a base and i might go and check and see if they have any camo there too!
    They are going to be in perfect condition. Used just means they're fitted already and not "flat", like it just came from a dry cleaner. If you know what I mean. But if you could find MARPAT at a base, that's good too Wink
    2sos
    2sos

Post  2sos 16.02.09 23:46

THEMANatwar wrote:and for vests should i get tan or od?

This has been covered several times. Short answer is, if you are playing in a woodland area, OD seems to work best for the range of airsoft fields. I can pick out a tan vest much easier. Again, it depends on your environment. If you are playing in an area like "Area-13, Airdog" with lots of tall dead grass. Tan may work better. In a strictly woodland environment OD works well.

Check this out:

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?action=printpage;topic=75342.0

Also, your Tru-Spec camo will not fade hardly at all if you wash in cold water and then let air dry or tumble dry in your dryer.
    Zero
    Zero

Post  Zero 16.02.09 23:51

2sos nailed it. It basically comes down to what you think will look best, remember your the one wearing it not one of us.
    THEMANatwar
    THEMANatwar

Post  THEMANatwar 17.02.09 16:21

I think the tan will look and work the best with the marpat. but hey thats me Smile
    Dirkastan
    Dirkastan

Post  Dirkastan 17.02.09 17:21

THEMANatwar wrote:I think the tan will look and work the best with the marpat. but hey thats me Smile

good choice
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 17.02.09 19:05

Dirkastan wrote:
    But I wouldn't get multicam in my opinion it sucks, I had the real Crye Precision stuff a while ago and I hated it, I ended up selling it real quick. No real military branch is issued it either. Multicam is better for desert environments anyway.

HMMM???? What are you talking about, Multicam first of all is the most versatile and is very effective in lighter woodlands of Georgia, just not in this time of the year. Once the leaves come back in the spring and summer it works very well.

Also THE Army isn't a real military branch? Last time I checked it was. So its not widespread, thats because its more expensive. And you know why it costs more? Because it actually works as opposed to ACU. It is being worked into special units.

Go with MARPAT and CB or Tan, you'd have the makings of a good marine loadout if you get a CIRAS.
    Dirkastan
    Dirkastan

Post  Dirkastan 17.02.09 23:36

The Army has not made a transition to Multicam, that was a RUMOR. There is only one reference picture of an operator in Multicam. He was an Air Force CCT. I can get the pic if you want it. He bought the stuff himself, he was not issued it. Once again NO ONE IS ISSUED MULTICAM. So if you can show me a link of where you found that it is being worked into SOF units please show me.

In my opinion, multicam does not work well. I always see people wearing it first over everyone else. I also personally don't like it because EVERYONE has it, its nothing unique, but whatever, thats a personal thing.

I hope that answered your question Wink
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 17.02.09 23:57

The Army has not made a transition to Multicam, that was a RUMOR. There is only one reference picture of an operator in Multicam. He was an Air Force CCT. I can get the pic if you want it. He bought the stuff himself, he was not issued it. Once again NO ONE IS ISSUED MULTICAM. So if you can show me a link of where you found that it is being worked into SOF units please show me.

Granted the army does not issue multicam, but I know plenty of guys who have it and prefer it to the ACU. Hell, those same guys are begging for the government to pick up multicam (or at least MARPAT, at least there are desert and woodland versions of that) And it is authorized for wear by some units that are in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Having said that, around my units and several other units, there is a rumor that we are getting new camo. Now, that is literally all i heard. And its just a rumor, so i take it worth a grain of salt. But still, maybe we are getting something new. Who knows lol.
    Dirkastan
    Dirkastan

Post  Dirkastan 18.02.09 0:05

theres nothing wrong with buying Multicam if you are overseas and it is cleared buy your superiors. Hell, anything is better than ACU. But it was just my opinion that I don't like it. I ended up spending like $200 something on the Crye stuff and I just didn't care for it. I thought it would be cool and all the rage but it just wasn't.
    Chief
    Chief

Post  Chief 18.02.09 11:19

Twitch wrote:

Granted the army does not issue multicam, but I know plenty of guys who have it and prefer it to the ACU. Hell, those same guys are begging for the government to pick up multicam (or at least MARPAT, at least there are desert and woodland versions of that) And it is authorized for wear by some units that are in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Having said that, around my units and several other units, there is a rumor that we are getting new camo. Now, that is literally all i heard. And its just a rumor, so i take it worth a grain of salt. But still, maybe we are getting something new. Who knows lol.

A rumor?!?! In the military?!?!?! Say it isn't so! affraid LOL!
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 18.02.09 13:40

Twitch wrote:

My dad is in the army. He said they are working on a new camo because the ACU's suck. So it is true they are working on a new camo. not sure what. they will never acheive the goal they wanted to with the ACU's (having one camo, for all enviroments) it just wont happen.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 18.02.09 14:06

So the rumors are true....PRAISE ALLAH lol. I hate the Acu with a passion. Of course if the are working on a new camo its not multicam like I was hoping for. Oh well, anything is better than the Acu IMO.
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 18.02.09 19:10

Believe what you want but some sf units are incorporating MC and digital MC. I obviously dont have pictures because Im not a part of the Rangers or Delta or whoever else.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 18.02.09 19:26

Best Camo??? - Page 2 Ranger10

Rangers wearing multicam. Not sure when this was taken or where, but it is a known fact that most SF units do not wear the ACU.
    Lone Wolf
    Lone Wolf

Post  Lone Wolf 18.02.09 19:30

lol did you knotice the one guy there with the xbox 36o controller plugged into a HUD
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 18.02.09 20:23

Thank you Twitch, I was actually looking for that picture. As for the 360 controller, hes piloting some unmaned robot type thing, I cant remember what its called.

Notice the Ranger tab buddy? LIKE I said the Rangers and other units are phasing it in.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 18.02.09 21:02

Twitch wrote:
    *pic*

Rangers wearing multicam. Not sure when this was taken or where, but it is a known fact that most SF units do not wear the ACU.

Those are Ranger's testing the new Army Future Combat System (FCS) here in the US. As far as I know, Multicam is being fased in to SF units only, whether it be Navy SEALs, Army SF, or Airforce PJs. (Marine Force Recon, don't count. There too Bad A to use Multicam.)
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 18.02.09 21:59

Force Recon doesnt even exist anymore does it? I thought it got changed into Marine Special Operations Battalions?
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 18.02.09 22:08

1st, 2nd, and 5th Force Reconnaissance Companies were disbanded last year, but the 3rd and 4th are still active.
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 18.02.09 22:45

reconsniperga wrote:

Those are Ranger's testing the new Army Future Combat System (FCS) here in the US. As far as I know, Multicam is being fased in to SF units only, whether it be Navy SEALs, Army SF, or Airforce PJs. (Marine Force Recon, don't count. There too Bad A to use Multicam.)

Thats part of the Future Force Warrior Program isnt it? regardless the Marines dont need MC, their camo actually works as opposed to the Army's current abomination
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 18.02.09 23:14

Twitch wrote:Force Recon doesnt even exist anymore does it? I thought it got changed into Marine Special Operations Battalions?
    Same thing, different command.
    BigGalloot
    BigGalloot

Post  BigGalloot 18.02.09 23:25

Chief wrote:
    Twitch wrote:

A rumor?!?! In the military?!?!?! Say it isn't so! affraid LOL!

After 24 years in the Air Force I am astonished that rumors exist! Actually I believe it's just a rumor that rumors exist. geek While at Fort Bragg you'd see the occasional scruffy looking characters wearing MCs but i never asked who they were, so I have no picture proof. I am sure some of my features would have been re-arranged. affraid cheers
    Why is nobody giving ABU's ANY LOVE???? They gotta be good for something? I love you

Galloot!

Last edited by BigGalloot on 19.02.09 21:43; edited 1 time in total
    Dirkastan
    Dirkastan

Post  Dirkastan 19.02.09 0:25

Well, I haven't been on here all day, so to continue...

Those Rangers in the pic ar in the US testing some new stuff, not in combat.

Yes MFR still exists. It was disbanded, but brought back. The Marines realized it was a valuable asset, after it was gone. But yes only 2 of the 5 units were brought back.

The "Marpat" that the SF units were wearing that you guys were talking about actually isn't marpat. It looks like Marpat, but if you compare the two there are differences, the stuff is made by Crye Precision, and costs more than their MC. It's called "Dig2". It is issued to NSW units and some Army SF units. The Marine's SOF use Marpat over the Dig2.

BDU and DCU are still the best camos on the planet in my opinion, which is still the camo of choice for NSW imo.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 19.02.09 0:40

Following you comment about Crye's Digi 2.... I cant find the article I read the other day, but it said that Crye is going to release there GEN 2 products sometime in 2009.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 11.05.24 20:57