Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
LORD TYRANT
capt_camo
Admin
preston
8 posters

Wires issue???

preston
    preston

Wires issue??? Empty Wires issue???

Post  preston 17.07.10 23:50

Iv been having issues with having my gun shooting. The moter is a g&p m120 moter(~3months old). I use a 9.6 1600 mah bat. And the issues I think is with the wires. Here is what I know is happening : When I connect the bat to the gun the tamiya connecter gets really hot and so does the wire about 2 inches from the connecter. The inside of the gear box looks fine no wires pinched piston is ok but not great. Gears look good too. So I THINK I need a new wire set but any advice you give me ill try it. I'll take pics of the gearbox too if yall would like ,and the gearbox is a version 2 and the gun is a dboys scar if that means much...

Danke Schon,

-Chase

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Wires issue??? Empty Re: Wires issue???

Post  Admin 18.07.10 11:59

It's the connectors. Pick up some Deans connectors, they don't get nearly as hot as tamiyas.
    capt_camo
    capt_camo

Post  capt_camo 18.07.10 15:16

I will second the comment on the Deans connectors. Just go to a well supplied "RC" car shop, and they will have them. You will need a soldering iron.
    preston
    preston

Post  preston 18.07.10 23:42

alrighty then ill try that if that doesnt work off to airdogs then
    preston
    preston

Post  preston 27.07.10 2:47

well the deans didnt work still no response from the motor. ummm...yeah...so im deff going to change the wires. But before I do that I want to know what else yall you do if this was your gun. and on a side note ill try to stop by airdog soon but they are about 1.5 hour drive from where i live so it might awhile before I go see them.
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 27.07.10 9:07

preston wrote:well the deans didnt work still no response from the motor. ummm...yeah...so im deff going to change the wires. But before I do that I want to know what else yall you do if this was your gun. and on a side note ill try to stop by airdog soon but they are about 1.5 hour drive from where i live so it might awhile before I go see them.

Quick Q did you wire deans right if you did not you can kill your battery?
    I have a d-boy scar it works fine but nonetheless, if uou take it to AIRDOG it's $50.00 For RHINO to look at it and thats just labor if your putting in a new set of wires you should think about a MOSFET $45 from REED better trigger response & with the deans u can now go lipo which is like night & day v.s regular 9.6's. Other upgrades M120 spring, steel 7mm bushings, piston O'ring #116, piston/piston head ect. Are you sure it not the motor that bad, it could very well be a soldered piece thats not connected or a break in the wires. GOOD LUCK
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 27.07.10 10:16

its actualy $40 to go into the gearbox
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 27.07.10 14:46

sniper2525 wrote:its actualy $40 to go into the gearbox

I was told $50 Because their was more involved in removing a SCAR gear box V.S M4. Am i mistaken
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 27.07.10 15:18

Call to Rhino would be the final authority on that.
    zander
    zander

Post  zander 27.07.10 15:23

LORD TYRANT wrote:

I was told $50 Because their was more involved in removing a SCAR gear box V.S M4. Am i mistaken

Lol any V2 is a complete pain in the butt, you basically have to disassemble the whole gun...

What it could be is you have exposed wiring that is completing the "circuit." This would explain your wire heating up without even firing the gun. I recently shaved my wires in my M4 upper receiver recently and my NIMH battery connectors caught on fire. So check your wires for any exposed wiring.
    preston
    preston

Post  preston 27.07.10 21:43

zander wrote:
    LORD TYRANT wrote:

Lol any V2 is a complete pain in the butt, you basically have to disassemble the whole gun...

What it could be is you have exposed wiring that is completing the "circuit." This would explain your wire heating up without even firing the gun. I recently shaved my wires in my M4 upper receiver recently and my NIMH battery connectors caught on fire. So check your wires for any exposed wiring.

and we have a winner (hopefully) I have found some exposed wires near where the "motor hole". Thanks everyone for the help and tips!!
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 28.07.10 9:36

i have exposed wiring by my motor hole and bam electric tape & shes fixed but i never had a prob with the wiring it was exposed for a while ill bet you have a break in your wiring
    preston
    preston

Post  preston 28.07.10 23:47

LORD TYRANT wrote:i have exposed wiring by my motor hole and bam electric tape & shes fixed but i never had a prob with the wiring it was exposed for a while ill bet you have a break in your wiring

I think that there is more than one break in the wires and iv only found one break(i think ,bc well the wires are showing this "slice" in the insulation )..the other place i think is about 2inches away from the connector...but im going to replace the whole thingy and get a mosfet...iv found stock jg wire systems with mosfets that are about 30-35$...i know i know STOCK jg wires...but it is all i can afford now and i really want to play soon so
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 28.07.10 23:49

where are you getting the mosfets... rhino has a video of a faulty mosfet making his gun go berzerk on his channel
    preston
    preston

Post  preston 29.07.10 0:01

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_417&products_id=31253 ...I would like to stay local but again I dont think ill have the cash...$40 labor and another $40 wires and another 30-45$ for mosfet...dude i just dont have the cash for that at all ya know
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 29.07.10 9:47

REED REED REED (ELECTIONEER) contact him he has home made bad a$$ AB MOSFET &40 i think &50ish installed dont quote me on the price but i think in your best intrest i would put his MOSFET in instead of some factory crap
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 28.09.10 14:28

LORD TYRANT wrote:REED REED REED (ELECTIONEER) contact him he has home made bad a$$ AB MOSFET &40 i think &50ish installed dont quote me on the price but i think in your best intrest i would put his MOSFET in instead of some factory crap

i sent reed a pm. thanks for the info..

-a|ex

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 9:34