Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+25
Twitch
Ghost
BigD
Chiles
lilyang
zander
LORD TYRANT
sniper2525
Retherford
Blaze
Zodiac
Crazy Twitch
ashmarie
superchrisguy
Rhino
Takfire
WARHOGadam
flipa
Admin
{ACE}Steve-o
MGA-Doc
Andy
Rambo
Blackhawk 5
just some kid
29 posters

OP: FEAR Review

just some kid
    just some kid

OP: FEAR Review Empty OP: FEAR Review

Post  just some kid 01.08.10 12:35

So this was a truely awesome game. It was kinda a bummer that a ton of people left including BOTH OF THE GENERALS. I stayed the whole time and had some fun the second day. Night fighting was very intense espescially at such close quarters. The Nightcrawlers really helped evening out the playing field a bit. Steve-O i had a good time running with Ace and Paul you did a good job of leading the Fear team. Overall it was another GREAT game thrown by Airdog. Perfect setting for a FEAR based game.

On a side note the new motel truck stop place looks so fun to play at it. can't wait til it opens
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

OP: FEAR Review Empty Re: OP: FEAR Review

Post  Blackhawk 5 01.08.10 13:11

I personally had a great time, it's too bad that it was cut short since so many people left...probally of that heat and it felt like 106 with our gear on, after 20 mins of fighting I was going to collapse. However after the raffle drawing the day cooled down and it was fine after that.

I think i left a blue folding chair at the field, if anyone has it please contact me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Blackhawk 5 on 01.08.10 18:50; edited 1 time in total
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 01.08.10 14:46

What?!?!? people left???
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 01.08.10 14:50

pretty much everyone was gone except for like 10 people in the morning.
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 01.08.10 14:53

wow.... thats stupid!!1
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 01.08.10 15:16

Again I had a great time. I am just kind of "peeved" at all the people that quit early. Sunday could have been so much more, but kind of hard to do WITH ONLY TEN PLAYERS!!!!!!

I was told to "Speak your mind Brother, speak your mind". So here goes. If this does not apply to you then disregard. If it does....well too bad. I will still be Bud's with ya, because that is what we are.

Look, if you are going to be a Leader of some kind, whether its the General to Squad Leader, you need to step up and LEAD! Quiting and going home is not any kind of Leadership I know of. Before you make that kind of commitment, make sure you really can. Make sure you can commit the full time, and make sure you can lead.

Alot of time and money went into this OP to make it "one for the record books". The 2 teams did not accomplish objectives, and for the most part, did not stick around to see it to the end. Many "surprizes" did not happen, and that is a real bummer. Some of which required Alma to stick around.

I along with many of the players had a great time. I loved my role of NIGHTCRAWLER. This role constantly evolved to help in overall game-play. We did everything from area denial to reaking chaos for everyone to assisting a team that was in need of assistance to accomplish a task. We started with Invincability and found that we were totally destroying the other teams. We then added strobe lights to our rigs. This was to let other players know that we were in the area. We also had to stop for 30 seconds if we took "good hits". These good hits were defined as taking a solid burst of rounds from one or more players at one time. 1-2 shots did not count. Some of us would drop to a knee when hit and stay where we were shot for the 30 seconds. This changed due to being "lit up" while being down. We then would move to cover for the 30 seconds. This was seen by the other teams as Not Taking Our Hits. We always had our own dedicated Ref with us to make sure we were doing the honorable thing. If any of the teams had questions about ours, or anybody else's actions, they could have checked it with a Ref.

Anyway, my one real gripe is that people quit early, for what ever reason. I am sure some people had good reasons for leaving, but others......just got hot, tired, or both....so they just quit. Those of us that remained wish those that left would have stayed as well.

In the end, I hope that everyone had a really great time. I look forward to meeting you all again.
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 01.08.10 15:23

sounds like its was fun and sorta laking at the same time
    MGA-Doc

Post  MGA-Doc 01.08.10 15:40

'Thank you' to Tak and crew for a memorable event. This kind of thing must take a ton of planning to secure the venue, get props, build cover, etc. I appreciate all of the work that Airdog does to enrich the game experience in Georgia, and I hope that you all see the benefits in terms of retail sales.

It was a good game, speaking for myself I had an awesome time. It was great to get to play at the mill again -- where else are you going to get indoor/outdoor action? (I am psyched about the new Airdog/'safety wolf' place) The event was run very well, the refs did a great job. The cover through the indoor areas was great. The atmosphere was a plus; the 'honor' bar is set high at briefing, and I didn't encounter any real problems with players in that regard -- contact was clean, players called their hits.

The only thing I would change for next time -- no red helmet LEDs/red lights if the kill sticks are going to be red in color. Red helmet light + acting like a dead player = total gayness.

{ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 01.08.10 15:43

Harris, i had a great time with you running with us!

Unfortunately i had to bail out a little early. I stayed for the first night play, but Megan was crashed, and i needed to get the generators back because they were getting wet.

I wanted to stay but at that point, about more than 3/4 of the people had left, which was extremely disappointing. I really didn't want to do single elimination games at such a large Op, so i weighed my options and had to call it. .

This was a AMAZING game! I wish everyone would have sucked it up and stayed, because at night our team went from around 75 to about 25. It was a bummer, but it's not Airdog's fault at all. The took charge of the situation in a good manner and still made it fun even though people were dropping.

All in all, this game was amazing. Can't wait for Op:Fear 2. Hopefully EVERYONE will stay!

The best gameplay in my opinion was at night. It was super intense and required a ton of stealth.

Another GREAT game! Thanks Airdog!
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 01.08.10 15:44

MGA-Doc wrote:
    The only thing I would change for next time -- no red helmet LEDs/red lights if the kill sticks are going to be red in color. Red helmet light + acting like a dead player = total gayness.

I agree. I got lit up because i thought a player was dead.....
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 01.08.10 16:50

I had a great time. It did kind of stink that people left early due to insane heat/rain, but I still had a blast, and I definitely got my fill of airsoft. My favorite moment had to be when Cody and I sneaky-snaked to ATC base and captured some glowsticks. We snuck past two guys on security, and it took a LONG time because we had to go slow, and I ended up getting shot on the way back, but Cody made it back with the glowsticks and it was worth it.

My least favorite moment was when all of my team got killed and I snuck to the third floor. Then the nightcrawlers came to the third floor, and I hid from them for a couple of minutes and then got spotted. I ran out of the room into the tower stairwell

The field was great though. There was plenty of opportunity to use some basic MOUT tactics that Paul and Twitch taught us, which was fun, and begin alone in the building for part of the night game with the music, the strobes, and the darkness was genuinely creepy. Overall, I had a lot of fun, definitely got my $40 worth, and the only gripe I had was that I felt some people were abusing the safety kills, but that was a small issue at that.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 01.08.10 17:27

I guess it was my bad with the helmet light. The rule had been put out that only the glow stick meant dead, not lights. I was NIGHTCRAWLER and thought it might "add" something. ie. if you saw the red Surefire light coming your way, you might want to be somewhere else. If someone was using the red light as a DEAD light....they were wrong. The NIGHTCRAWLERS were issued white strobe lights to use as DEAD lights. Maybe next time I should use the helmet light with the blue LED's?

The good news, is that all of these issues will come out in this "AAR" and will hopefully be implemented in future games.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 01.08.10 17:36

I would've stayed the whole 24 hours but my ride had to leave.

The game was great. I think the best part out of the whole thing for me was going to play for ATC in a while to help some friends out. Bonding with these people was the best part of me coming out for the event. Thanks to Andy, Ghost, Adam, Chris, Alma, Poopdaddy, Lord Tyrant, Blake, Jack, etc. for the exchanging of stories, jokes, and such delicate words.

I would hopefully want a OP FEAR 2. Next time, I will be totally prepared since I know what to expect now.
    WARHOGadam
    WARHOGadam

Post  WARHOGadam 01.08.10 17:54

flipa wrote:I would've stayed the whole 24 hours but my ride had to leave.

The game was great. I think the best part out of the whole thing for me was going to play for ATC in a while to help some friends out. Bonding with these people was the best part of me coming out for the event. Thanks to Andy, Ghost, Adam, Chris, Alma, Poopdaddy, Lord Tyrant, Blake, Jack, etc. for the exchanging of stories, jokes, and such delicate words.

I would hopefully want a OP FEAR 2. Next time, I will be totally prepared since I know what to expect now.

couldnt agree more flipa, it was awesome. i wish i could have stayed too but i could barely move.lol.and you did a bang up job helping ATC out.

Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 01.08.10 18:03

Thanks guys for the comments and attending another AIRDOG event.
    I suspect the high temperature / humidity combined with the intense game play in the first 12 hours did it for alot of players.
    There were quite a few players who found themselves with sore feet and their strength zapped as we approached the 14 hour mark (0200).
    We heard lots of departing comments from players that left early who indicated they had a unique experience and sense of value from the event.

A couple of quick highlights...

- Mission deployment by CD-R was awesome! Nice job by Electioneer, Sniper2525 and Aggressor in putting the videos together. Many players were blown away by the missions and how intel was relayed by laptop PC.
    - I thought the uniform requirements were met (with the exception of one or two players) and the costumes for the heavy replicas, nightcrawlers, Alma, etc...were put together well.
    - The atmosphere that was created in the builiding for night play as really creepy. Big props to Poopdaddy (Bobby) for the concepts and making this happen. I saw several players that they did not want to go into the basement and main floor for the night play and kept their game outside.
    - Lots of great participation from local and out of state teams: Black Knights, SS Airsoft, Nomadic Warriors, Panhandle Airsoft, Team Duck, Dagger Unit, Immortal Casualties, Gold Eagle Airsoft, Fatal Ops, Laughing Jackal Airsoft, Cyco Riders, Ace of Spades, etc...
    - The players were very receptive to the AIRDOG indoor CQB promotional video! Nice work by 2SOS for putting the video together.
    - The player giveaway went very well. Congrats to Nathan and Cliff (Black Knights) for winning the KWA KP45 and KP8 GBBs.

Thanks to everyone that attended the event and to those that helped me prepare and run the event.
    I look forward to seeing everyone at our next scenario game at the Safety Wolf combat sports location.

TAK out!
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 01.08.10 18:22

Man did everyone do a good job! much props to Tak, Ted, Poo daddy, Ruck, Brian, Lord T, Vince and everyone else! Man did you guys really work hard! most of you guys are older than me but lasted longer than me. My feet have huge blisters, my right ankle is swollen, inner tights rubbed raw and I got some good marks on my body. Plus when I did leave past 2am I was so beat I dont even know how I made it home. I hate to say this but I ALMOST got in a few wrecks on the way home as I slept most of the way, It was pretty irresponsible but lucky I made it safely

OP: FEAR Review Stuff002
    OP: FEAR Review Untitled-1

Last edited by Rhino on 01.08.10 18:25; edited 1 time in total
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 01.08.10 18:24

those are keepers
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 01.08.10 18:25

just some kid wrote:those are keepers

Yeah they look like bullet wounds. I have a few more like that too.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 01.08.10 18:34

nice. you should see my dads arms/shoulders and his legs. completely lit up. none like yours though
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 01.08.10 18:35

wow was the guy like 2 feet from you or somtin Rhino? lol
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 01.08.10 18:36

What the heck hit you?!?
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 01.08.10 18:46

No Idea! I cant recall who, when or how it happened!
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 01.08.10 18:47

man haha it looks nasty like u was seriously shot up from like 3 feet away
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 01.08.10 20:35

Wow, where to begin?

Ok, first, I loved it! The mill was a perfect envirnoment for the op. Poopdadyy did such a sick job with the props and so did everybody who helped put it together. Airdog did a great job putting the game on and running it. (Not to mention that I absolutely love the staff. [Zartan is my fav Smile ] ) I always like how they did the give-away that they did at the past 2 ops. And that I won free tickets at both of them.

Both teams were pretty fun to fight. U.S. gave us a ton of resistance and ATC was plain fun to shoot and chase. Paul (Aggressor), dude I have a mark on my chest where you shot me with the pistol and it went in between my plate carrier. Its a penny sized mark on my rib.
    My arms have about 7 bb sized marks (scabbed over now) from some ATC people who somehow didn't know were helping them and violated MED shot me from about 2-3 feet away.

Being a Nightcrawler was so much fun and really made the game for me. Andy, poopdaddy, Matt, Blake, Ghost, Flipa and all of our team really made it probably the funnest op I have attended (even though OG was sick nasty for me). I had an amazing time with my team and everybody worked as one and fought like one hardcore bad-a unit! Which we were!

I have to agree with Andy about people leaving though. If you were a commander, you needed to commit to the role and see the whole thing played out. People leaving was very discouraging. This could have been one for the record books. Thanks to Dagger Unit and everyone else that stayed for it all until it was called off. Me and Ash bunked in a hotel room and I slept through 2 alarms to wake me up for the daylight mini-games. So sorry if I disappointed you guys at all.

The Heavy Replicas did a good job with the uniform requirements and I suppose the U.S. Team did too (so..much..multicam Shocked ) and so did the ATC. Ashley did an amazing job with her Alma costume and all the worrked we put into it really payed off. Andy, I loved the red lights and the guy on the Nightcrawlers with the light up helmet (I'm so sorry for forgeting your name) had such a sick light display!

All in all, great game, great time!
    ashmarie
    ashmarie

Post  ashmarie 01.08.10 20:45

i had a great time but i am slightly disapointed that ppl left so early, i was looking forward to the Alma Chamber mission! chris and i stayed untill like 3 in the morning, but mostly everyone was gone by twelve..one, so the cut the game off. i wish ppl would have stayed to play after all the effort and work airdog and bobbie had put into the missions and into the effects of the game, i think yall did awesome with everything, even with me being alma i was scared walking around in there..lol. i do hope when and if we have fear 2 op that ppl who make commitments to being leaders stay to be the leaders and dont leave, that was very disspointing. overall the games that we played we awesome, and the nightcrawlers that i played with were amazing, they didnt just think of me as a chick, they actually used me in this game which was awsome. we helped out both teams to even out the playing field as much as we could but we couldnt do everything for everyone. i did think it was unsessary to light up a nightcrawler who was litterally like 3 feet from you who was actually helping out your team. and just because i was alma and couldnt die doesnt mean hey lets have 13 ppl light her up at once when we are 5 feet from her.

tak thank you for putting this all together overall i had an amazing time and i hope that i played alma well. i look foward to playing at the next op!!

nightcrawlers: yall did so amazing, for such a small team, we dominated that game.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 06.05.24 7:40