Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+25
Twitch
Ghost
BigD
Chiles
lilyang
zander
LORD TYRANT
sniper2525
Retherford
Blaze
Zodiac
Crazy Twitch
ashmarie
superchrisguy
Rhino
Takfire
WARHOGadam
flipa
Admin
{ACE}Steve-o
MGA-Doc
Andy
Rambo
Blackhawk 5
just some kid
29 posters

OP: FEAR Review

Crazy Twitch

OP: FEAR Review - Page 2 Empty Re: OP: FEAR Review

Post  Crazy Twitch 01.08.10 20:56

Rhino wrote:Man did everyone do a good job! much props to Tak, Ted, Poo daddy, Ruck, Brian, Lord T, Vince and everyone else! Man did you guys really work hard! most of you guys are older than me but lasted longer than me. My feet have huge blisters, my right ankle is swollen, inner tights rubbed raw and I got some good marks on my body. Plus when I did leave past 2am I was so beat I dont even know how I made it home. I hate to say this but I ALMOST got in a few wrecks on the way home as I slept most of the way, It was pretty irresponsible but lucky I made it safely

OP: FEAR Review - Page 2 Stuff002
    OP: FEAR Review - Page 2 Untitled-1

I got you beat by far haha
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 01.08.10 20:58

must be pretty nasty if u beat that haha
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 01.08.10 21:03

prove it lol
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 01.08.10 21:04

PICS!!!!! Very Happy
    Zodiac

Post  Zodiac 01.08.10 21:06

The Op was great. My fireteam came all the way from Treasure Coast, Fl to attend, and it was worth the drive and the money. It was one for the record books!

Everyone who put this Op together did a tremendously great job. I typically don't see so much effort put into scenario games as I did with this one. Intel delivery was amazing. The objectives were fun. All of the players were great on all sides. Shout-outs to everyone I played with on the ATC side - Shadow, Ice (thanks for offering your Tac light!), Zander, Warhog, etc. It was a lot of fun playing with you guys! (I was the ATC player with the Rucksack as big as I was.)

Most memorable moments: the runner up would have to be running from the Nightcrawlers after one of them shoots my battle buddy at the time... just to end up running into another Nightcrawler. I wouldn't engage them (they were invincible at the time), and I didn't feel like dying. Out of generosity, they they didn't take me out of play... but rather held me prisoner (couldn't leave or I would be shot) until they left the area. As soon as they left US took me out (lol).

Most memorable moment was clearing the stairwell during exfil as pointman... I transversed the entire flight of stairs on my butt. I slipped and went all the way down landing in a kneeling position. I should get a world record for fastest decent on stairs (lol). I wish this had been captured on video.

Now to show off the keepers:
    OP: FEAR Review - Page 2 Airsoftwounds

We ended up leaving early. By time the game started at 10am we had all been up already for over 24 hours, and at 11pm we were sore and tired.... and had a 8hr drive back home. We took a vote and we had a 2/2 split to stay. The next game didnt end up starting fast enough so we decided to leave for the sake of safety and moral (we all came up in one vehicle). I wish we would have been able to stay, and I can say I WILL be coming back for FEAR 2
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 01.08.10 21:12

nice.... bottem right pic... owwy haha
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 01.08.10 21:17

nice
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 01.08.10 22:05

Man what a great game! Seen lots of new faces.
    The bummer like evryone else said is that a lot of people had left and the end of the game was the best part but sadly we couldnt play because of the numbers in the morning. I also have lots of blisters on my feet from my new boots.
    Retherford
    Retherford

Post  Retherford 01.08.10 22:43

Admin wrote:I had a great time. It did kind of stink that people left early due to insane heat/rain, but I still had a blast, and I definitely got my fill of airsoft. My favorite moment had to be when Cody and I sneaky-snaked to ATC base and captured some glowsticks. We snuck past two guys on security, and it took a LONG time because we had to go slow, and I ended up getting shot on the way back, but Cody made it back with the glowsticks and it was worth it.

That was so excellent. We completely sneaky snaked the dude who saw us on the way there. We were ghosts with our multicam in the grass man. I ran through about 10 ATC guys when I fell back from the firefight on the opposite side and they had no idea who I was.

I had a great time. Kinda sucks that people didnt stick around. Why do you come to a 24 hour game and play for 6? Anyways I had fun the whole time especially my life when I got a general kill which was pretty sweet as well. My killtacular on the way there was cool to. It was 6 kills if you include Trent who was reffing. Sorry about that.

My favorite moment of the game, even though I didnt see it, was when Josh got interrogated by an ATC guy after he fell down the stair case. It sounded like it was hilarious.

The field itself was excellent. Everyone who left before the night game or didnt play really missed out. The middle floor of the building with the strobe lights and the creepy music was incredible to play in. A few people who wont be named on the US team were freaking out in there at every noise or shadow. You would see some one in a strobe flash and then the would disappear.
    Zodiac

Post  Zodiac 01.08.10 23:16

Retherford wrote:...was when Josh got interrogated by an ATC guy after he fell down the stair case. It sounded like it was hilarious.

Hahah, glad to hear I wasn't the only one that busted myself up on those stairs.
    Blackhawk 5
    Blackhawk 5

Post  Blackhawk 5 01.08.10 23:25

Blaze wrote: I also have lots of blisters on my feet from my new boots.

that isn't supposed to happen?

Sleeping on asphalt has never been more comfortable.
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 01.08.10 23:53

I had alot of fun! By far the best op i have ever been too. The only real down side was the heat and the fact that everyone left early. It was realy cool being able to see people from other states that enjoy airsoft as much as we do. Thanks to all who came out to OP FEAR!
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 02.08.10 0:08

It was really great.

Best moment of the game: When I joined ATC Forces for 20 minutes. To those 5-6 people that were with me when we tried to push on the outside of the Mill, thanks for the teamwork and dedication. We ended up holding off the US forces (I remember taking you out Aggressor and waiting for a medic).

Unforgettable moment: When Nightcrawlers held the top floor to let both ATC and US to get in. That last stand was crazy, I got lit up bad. And sorry to the dude that I shot in the fire exit, didn't know you were there.

Next time we have something like this. I'm getting ready. My inner thighs were rubbed like crazy.
    WARHOGadam
    WARHOGadam

Post  WARHOGadam 02.08.10 0:33

flipa wrote:It was really great.

Best moment of the game: When I joined ATC Forces for 20 minutes. To those 5-6 people that were with me when we tried to push on the outside of the Mill, thanks for the teamwork and dedication. We ended up holding off the US forces (I remember taking you out Aggressor and waiting for a medic).

Unforgettable moment: When Nightcrawlers held the top floor to let both ATC and US to get in. That last stand was crazy, I got lit up bad. And sorry to the dude that I shot in the fire exit, didn't know you were there.

Next time we have something like this. I'm getting ready. My inner thighs were rubbed like crazy.

i second the getting ready for the chaffing.hahah.oh lawdy...being a fatty sucks.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 02.08.10 0:55

WARHOGadam wrote:
    i second the getting ready for the chaffing.hahah.oh lawdy...being a fatty sucks.

Caffing = airsoft player's worst enemy. It doesn't call hits, it can keep hitting you, it has unlimited respawn, and they use 9999+ FPS of hurt. I suggest you get ready for it.
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 02.08.10 1:00

I want pics! I saw someone aiming a camera at me and Dukem when we were on a staircase. I need pics!!!! Ugh the suspense is killing me! haha
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 02.08.10 8:59

Excellent OP i thought it was a blast being a NIGHTCRAWLER we would come through a yell NIGHTCRAWLER'S & people from both teams would run it was awesome having that kind of power over people. Other than BOTH GENERALS leaving & ALMA the game was intense untill we lost the whole backbone of the game, I understand the female leaving but come on MEN you acted like little GIRLS leaving,

Next time i vote any leadership roles go to trusted die hard players with in Georgia, Also to STEVE-O sorry brother next game ill run with you guys my hands were tied on this one,To IC & DU you guys pushed the pace hard & made the game interesting ATC couldn't keep up with you guys mainly i think you intimidated most of them with your superior tactics.

THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED IN THIS OP
    zander
    zander

Post  zander 02.08.10 9:52

Definitely had a great time at this event. I left once they called it for the night but I was suited up ready to play all night.

I came into this event knowing that it would be bittersweet. Yes it was set up to be a great event and truly was, but 90% of people who play airsoft do not have the physical training/endurance/drive to play for 24 hours. While it sounds awesome on paper to a lot of people, its much different when you actually do it. I know some people had obligations and what not that they had to attend to but it would have been really nice to have seen the whole game pan out as planned. Part of the reason why I think the Lion Claw's series are so effective is the high admission prices tend to weed out the players who are not as serious about the event as the organizers may be asking for. Obviously though I nor most of you dont want to shell out $200 to play airsoft but I think you understand my point.

I saw the idea of F.E.A.R. 2 being tossed around and I think it would be cool to work what was supposed to be the end of this game into the next one. Also, I think the night was great in creating and eerie scene but not everyone experienced it. I would suggest maybe next time starting the game around 4PM so there is still daytime play but then most people will actually play through the night and wont be so exhausted from the day.

Its unfortunate that all four of the Airdog events I have been to have been rained out, although we had a HUGE building to play inside at F.E.A.R. so that was a weak excuse for people who left.

Regardless, Airdog put on a great event and I commend all of them for their efforts. They are obviously the premier outfitter in GA and only reinforce that now with the opening of a new store front and awesome field. They deserve it because they sure have worked for it.

All in all, this was a great event, Airdog set it up to be one for the record books, but I think it was the players who dropped the ball. I look forward to seeing hundreds of pictures from the game.

Zander
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 02.08.10 11:09

Well, now that I have had some good sleep, and I am feeling better, I just want to really say that I had a fantastic time this weekend. Even though I got shot by my own son. Laughing

I took some pics of my wounds and will get them posted later. The one on my upper thigh is probably the worst one, but the group of 4-6 that stich up my left arm-shoulder are the best looking. THAT is taking a burst! After seeing all the people that got shot in the neck, I am really surprized that I didn't. I am so thankful that I wore the K-pot, ESS, and Iron Mask cause I took MANY shots to the face and head.

I got to play on the main level during night play. The strobes and music were awesome. Because so many people left, I was able to hold that entire floor BY MY SELF!! Oh the power that you weild when you announce "NIGHTCRAWLER!" I guess the down side was that once we could be "put down"...we would really get lit up. The 30 seconds that we were out would then give the other players time to withdraw. For future reference though, that time could also be used to manuever(sp?). If they could keep putting us down, they could attain their objectives instead of retreating.

Not sure who wrote it, but the idea of using FEAR 2 as a means of actually finishing FEAR 1 is a good idea. If we could keep the teams about the same as before, and just pick up where the game left off, we could then finish it out. I had a short conversation with Tak and Zartan Sunday morning and some ideas were tossed around. I think keeping the OP at night but making it for a shorter time frame is one of the best. That way the spooky elements of night play in that creepy old place, with all the effects and such will be awesome. Also, keeping it to shorter hours will mean more people will play the entire time.

If I have not stated it before or enough, I want to thank ALL who came out and especially the entire AIRDOG STAFF for such a wonderful event. I am looking forward to seeing the pics that come out.
    Rambo
    Rambo

Post  Rambo 02.08.10 12:35

Andy wrote:Well, now that I have had some good sleep, and I am feeling better, I just want to really say that I had a fantastic time this weekend. Even though I got shot by my own son. Laughing

i bet that was a proud moment in your life lol!
    {ACE}Steve-o
    {ACE}Steve-o

Post  {ACE}Steve-o 02.08.10 13:08

I had the privilege of shooting Andy as well. Very Happy But then another nightcrawler lit me up Sad

I like the idea of keeping the next FEAR mostly night play. The night play was the best. It was so intense and quite creepy to be honest.
    lilyang
    lilyang

Post  lilyang 02.08.10 13:09

My buddies and I undoubtedly had an awesome time at this event. We only recently recently have begun to come to events and have to say we will definitely be coming whenever possible. I am going to admit that my group and I bummed out at around 12:30AM I would have liked to stay but my driver was on the verge of collapsing and he was also out of tampons Wink I don't blame anyone for leaving early as even though the three of us are fairly fit tennis players we were beat by nightfall. I have to say the night game atmosphere was phenomenal. Right in the beginning my buddy and I found ourselves alone in the center of that wet and damp basement and we nearly made a few extra puddles down there. I was so jumpy I almost lit a teammate up because he didn't respond to our epic "glow stick" call sign. That last 6 or 7 man squad we had with Warhog was sick. We ninja'd up around the building, up the stairs, secured the top room, ran into the first or second floor (still not certain where everything was), but got our a$$'$ handed to us by nightcrawlers as soon as we got stuffed in a room. All in all this was definitely the experience of a lifetime my buddy (the guy who got his ear blown off by Josh) and I were waiting for... now we gotta find another school to play in. There is so much more to say and so many more stories to talk about no doubt this is for the record books.

P.S. The KWA Kp45 NS2 is sick and the quick detach water bottle holster widget was also helpful Smile
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 02.08.10 15:00

Ok, to everybody that said Alma left, your wrong. She stayed there with me until 3 in the morning and played EVERY game!!! She was there later than the two generals and most of everybody else. We didn't leave until they officially called it off and we watched Dagger Unit leave (or at least most of them anyways).
    WARHOGadam
    WARHOGadam

Post  WARHOGadam 02.08.10 16:58

lilyang wrote:My buddies and I undoubtedly had an awesome time at this event. We only recently recently have begun to come to events and have to say we will definitely be coming whenever possible. I am going to admit that my group and I bummed out at around 12:30AM I would have liked to stay but my driver was on the verge of collapsing and he was also out of tampons Wink I don't blame anyone for leaving early as even though the three of us are fairly fit tennis players we were beat by nightfall. I have to say the night game atmosphere was phenomenal. Right in the beginning my buddy and I found ourselves alone in the center of that wet and damp basement and we nearly made a few extra puddles down there. I was so jumpy I almost lit a teammate up because he didn't respond to our epic "glow stick" call sign. That last 6 or 7 man squad we had with Warhog was sick. We ninja'd up around the building, up the stairs, secured the top room, ran into the first or second floor (still not certain where everything was), but got our a$$'$ handed to us by nightcrawlers as soon as we got stuffed in a room. All in all this was definitely the experience of a lifetime my buddy (the guy who got his ear blown off by Josh) and I were waiting for... now we gotta find another school to play in. There is so much more to say and so many more stories to talk about no doubt this is for the record books.

P.S. The KWA Kp45 NS2 is sick and the quick detach water bottle holster widget was also helpful Smile

bro, i was so proud of you guys.ahahah.you guys stayed in formation, executed orders perfectly, and died like champs.ahaha.i died like a punk on the other hand.haha.that was an awesome squad.props to all who helped.
    ashmarie
    ashmarie

Post  ashmarie 02.08.10 17:16

LORD TYRANT wrote:Excellent OP i thought it was a blast being a NIGHTCRAWLER we would come through a yell NIGHTCRAWLER'S & people from both teams would run it was awesome having that kind of power over people. Other than BOTH GENERALS leaving & ALMA the game was intense untill we lost the whole backbone of the game, I understand the female leaving but come on MEN you acted like little GIRLS leaving,

Next time i vote any leadership roles go to trusted die hard players with in Georgia, Also to STEVE-O sorry brother next game ill run with you guys my hands were tied on this one,To IC & DU you guys pushed the pace hard & made the game interesting ATC couldn't keep up with you guys mainly i think you intimidated most of them with your superior tactics.

THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED IN THIS OP

i did not leave, i was there even when the generals left, chris and i did not leave untill tak called the game off, we were there untill 3 am. so Alma stayed longer than ALOT of ppl....and played EVERY game.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 06.05.24 8:39