Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+25
Twitch
Ghost
BigD
Chiles
lilyang
zander
LORD TYRANT
sniper2525
Retherford
Blaze
Zodiac
Crazy Twitch
ashmarie
superchrisguy
Rhino
Takfire
WARHOGadam
flipa
Admin
{ACE}Steve-o
MGA-Doc
Andy
Rambo
Blackhawk 5
just some kid
29 posters

OP: FEAR Review

Ghost
    Ghost

OP: FEAR Review - Page 4 Empty Re: OP: FEAR Review

Post  Ghost 03.08.10 19:37

WARHOGadam wrote:
    Ghost wrote:Why did you not like the nightcrawlers just out of curiosity, we did our best to add a creepy, hopeless element to the game. The objective on the third floor was planned and we followed the mission writeup to the letter.

i can slightly agree with him, it kinda sucks when you bust your rear to move to a position (taking a nice 45 min) and then its all for nothing because 7 people just cleared the entire floor you were trying to take. but i still enjoyed seeing people run in fear of them....i chuckled.

But it also sucks when you can't do anything and are completly getting your butt kicked because the other team is completly stacked against you, I think the nightcrawlers played a valuable role because I was ATC for an hour or two before I was nightcrawler and we got helped out alot by them when the U.S. Forces were dominating us.
    crazyerchris
    crazyerchris

Post  crazyerchris 03.08.10 19:52

I think they were overpowered. Some of the game we were trapped in our spawn becuase of Nightcrawlers camping in the building just picking us off and there was nothing we could do about it. Other times they occupied the whole building and knew all the perfect points to make sure we couldn't move.

The biggest problem I beleieve came from them not being able to die (until later which i did like) and their camo being really close to ATC. After being wipped out by the Nightcrawlers over and over and over and over again and not being able to do anything about it you start to get frustrated and I believe this is where a lot of the cheating started coming in. There were numerous accounts of players not calling hits and players even being shot and just yelling out im a Nightcrawler (both teams ATC and Delta/Fear were doing this). I liked the new rule that they were declared dead after 2 shots, but from what I heard either some of the nightcrawlers didn't get this info or some didn't care becuase I had guys swearing they were unloading full clips into them and everyone bouncing off and the nightcrawlers still shooting.
    crazyerchris
    crazyerchris

Post  crazyerchris 03.08.10 19:57

"But it also sucks when you can't do anything and are completly getting your butt kicked because the other team is completly stacked against you, I think the nightcrawlers played a valuable role because I was ATC for an hour or two before I was nightcrawler and we got helped out alot by them when the U.S. Forces were dominating us."

I'm not saying that I didn't like the role. But making them unkillable was a little much. There is no tatics there for them they just shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot. If they were givin an extra shot before death, so they got shot once when down for 1 min got up got shot again then walked back to the staging area to respawn, it still makes it a tuff enemy they can take an extra shot.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 03.08.10 20:30

I was NIGHTCRAWLER from the start....we never camped or were all over the entire building. We would go out for a bit then go back to our base. As for other people saying they were us....don't know about that. If it did happen, and I would bet that it did, that is just messed up.

As for 2 shots counting as a hit....negative. We were told that we had to take "several good hits from more than 1 person, or a good burst from 1 person." We (at least myself and a couple of others for sure) would take a knee right where we got shot and count 30 or more seconds before we could stand up and get back in the fight. We changed to moving to cover for the 30 seconds due to being tore up while being "dead". We also had strobe lights that identified us as the NIGHTCRAWLERS which ended up being great Target Identifiers. When the night games started we stopped leaving the strobes activated and only turned them on when we were hit. I am not sure, but I think a HEAVY was added to us so its possible he was not "taking his hits." But the rest of us were for sure.

We were managed by TAK, through POOPDADDY. Most of our missions were to harass or area denial. We were also used to assist both teams acheive objectives.

I totally agree with you on the uniform selection. ATC should not have been allowed to wear black.....at all. Maybe NO ONE should have been allowed except us. (NIGHTCRAWLERS) It would have made friend/foe recognition much easier. For the next one, these are all things that I am sure will be addressed.

I think we can all agree that there were some issues. It can only be expected when doing something of this magnitude. With everything we do, this should be a learning experience. Many lessons have been learned, and hopefully, these will be implemented with future games.

(((MY OPINION!!!!!!))) The US FORCES rocked that game. If it had not been for the Tactical use of the NIGHTCRAWLERS, it would have been a slaughter. (((MY OPINION!!!!!!!)))

Great job General.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 03.08.10 21:52

I agree with Andy, and we never camped anywhere it must have been some people posing as nightcrawlers. The nightcrawlers where all experienced players, and we did use tactics and make it as fair as possible for the other teams.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 03.08.10 21:53

crazyerchris wrote:I gotta say I'm a little shocked at all the trash talk about me and captain leaving early. I hope this will settle what people don't know.

Me and Captain both were there at the night game that was played for about an hour before another break was called and more people left, it was then that they got everyone together again and played a small scrimage game in the main floor of mill which I played. It was assumed that the event was over due to not enough people being able to continue the event. While I was still willing to play the guys I rode with were not so happy that the event was not continuing on and wanted to leave. I'm guessing it was around 1 or 2am. There were like 5 cars in the parking lot and the game was pretty much called as I was talking to one of the admins.

I was pissed about the people leaving just as much as anyone else, I was never planning on leaving, I had a hotel reserved and paid for setup for sunday morning that I could not get refunded.

Overall I had a blast! Great event, great missions, great ideas. I really wanted to see the outcome and disapointed I did not.

Some of the things I did not like where the use of the NightCrawlers and the amount of breaks we were taking.

But overall I would love to attend another event. Great job to all the players and the admins and refs. THANKS GUYS!

CO I though you did an awesome job! I understand that people were leaving due to the INTENSE heat haha. And I understand that your group wanted to leave. It's all understandable and hope you and your guys can come out and Command us again at another event.
    crazyerchris
    crazyerchris

Post  crazyerchris 03.08.10 22:12

Thanks Twitch. I tried to make sure everyone had a good time and got to do some missions.

Yea heat is always a factor in summer games, There should be a note added to 24 hour events in the summer letting plays know that this is an extreme airsoft event and not intdended for new players and to make sure everyone brings plenty of water. One of the major things I noticed and this is a BIG DEAL. When I arrived at the HQ I was shocked to realize I was the only one to bring a cooler down....which means either players left them in the cars or just didn't bring any. A 24 hour event in the summer everyone should at least have 1 cooler with extra water at their spawn point.

Summer games in the south are no joke!

btw those on the US forces side that saw me limping around after the 2nd break its becuase during one of ATC attacks on the base i ran to take cover and took a knee on a tree stump and hurt my knee pretty bad, by the time the 2nd break was called it was already swelling and becoming harder to move. I still played through the entire game and would have continued to lead my troops if the game would have continued, so before saying that I wasn't dedicated to role I chose to play you should find out all info. Of course when Sunday came around and it was swollen like a grapefruit I was second guessing why I continued to play, but I did it because I enjoy the game and knew I took the responsiblity of being a commander.

Last edited by crazyerchris on 03.08.10 22:27; edited 1 time in total
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 03.08.10 22:21

Thanks Chris and Capt. Murphy for playing the CO roles.
    I appreciate the efforts and all of the player feedback for the event.
    This will more than likely be our last 24 hour event, as we focus on shorter 12 hour games at our new location and at other fields in GA.

WARHOGadam
    WARHOGadam

Post  WARHOGadam 03.08.10 23:50

Takfire wrote:Thanks Chris and Capt. Murphy for playing the CO roles.
    This will more than likely be our last 24 hour event, as we focus on shorter 12 hour games at our new location and at other fields in GA.

i like this, i can give more in 12 hours than 24.....24 just scares meh XD
    CaptainMurphy
    CaptainMurphy

Post  CaptainMurphy 04.08.10 10:02

Takfire wrote:Thanks Chris and Capt. Murphy for playing the CO roles.
    You are quite welcome Tak. CrazerChris and I had a great time throwing our forces at one another and helping to keep the gaming moving along. There wasn't much time in between missions and that was the mark of a well run admin staff though it took its toll on the running and gunning assault squads especially during the heat of the day. During breaks CrazerChris and I would compare notes to make sure that we were keeping the forces moving and not getting the game too far out of balance.

I would like to thank Capt. Morgan for being an excellent XO. For all of you ATC forces on the radio most of the day you know what I am talking about. All I did was picked an objective and he bulldogged our way to victory. To all of the ATC forces I would like to extend a great big "Thanks!" for all of your dedication to the missions we tasked to you and for keeping your cool under intense fire. You performed admirably and were extremely professional even with the SNAFU's that are part of every large scale game.

To the US forces I would like to say thank you for conducting yourselves with honor and integrity. Sure there were some minor problems on each side but for the most part both teams were calling their hits, accepting their 'bangs', and doing their best to keep the MED rule followed. From what I could garner from the feedback I was getting from players coming back to spawn there were some misunderstandings of certain rules by certain players, but that is far from saying that there were a lot of cheaters or a lot of problems. In every game there will be the inevitable claim of someone or another cheating in some form and yes, it may be that they were cheating, but normally it occurs as a retaliation for another infraction, not as a blatant disregard for the rules. I think the Nightcrawler situation was a bit unbalanced in the beginning and relayed my concerns to Tak who then made appropriate changes for the next set of games. We repeated the feedback until we seemed to reach a level of comfort with the rulings that players were able to understand and accept without undue heartburn. It hopefully will help the next set of FEAR games by starting the rules at an acceptable level for all players to be tweaked from there to their liking.

To those that thought that CrazerChris and I left 'early' you may need to know that we did in fact leave about 1 hour before the game was called at 3am. I actually got to leave the command area on the 'glowsticks' game which is why no one knew where I was at. I turned my radio off and sneaked around the nice and eerie building with my team. At the end of that game my team was already at 1 near heat casualty with 2 more on their way and we noted that the parking lot was looking a bit empty. We played the last 'hunt for the glowsticks' game and called it a night. When we spoke to Tak about the game situation there was less a need for a 'general' as there was for a corporal. Both teams were down to only a handful and it had turned into pickup games and was no longer 'OP FEAR'. At that point we were already effectively relieved of command so there was no point staying around for pickup elimination games with our current groups exhaustion situation. Should we have stayed the full time? Sure, if there was an OP FEAR to stay for we would have roughed it on the parking lot like everyone else. Also if there was an issue to be had with us leaving I am sure Tak or Zartan would have made us aware of it when we talked to them well before making the decision to pack up and head 6 hours back home.

My take on the game is pretty simple. The breaks were too long. People were leaving at each break and not coming back. It is the nature of the game unfortunately. The admin staff did a great job keeping the missions coming to us. They were inventive if not something of a 'needle in haystack' and 'easter egg' type (something I don't usually care for) though I understood the overall objectives for them was for a greater mission plan. The Nightcrawlers and Heavy Replicas rules were a bit on the 'not so understood' side and hopefully the changes we made during the game helped alleviate the problems players had with them. Oh, and someone kept 'activating' our heavy replicas on the field even though they were not supposed to. I am not sure who kept doing it but it was extremely unfair to the US forces and was against the game rules. As the command staff of the ATC we only activated 1 'heavy replica' and that was to go up against the nightcrawlers (though it didn't do any good because the 'heavy' ran off and played his own mission instead of following orders). I apologize on behalf of the ATC command as we never intended to use the heavies unless there was dire need. I personally felt their use would cheapen the victories we attained and was lax to use them. In all the game was fun and inventive with some extremely good props and a well run admin staff.

I would like to donate the Fettel jacket to the game series (right after I wash the hell out of it) so they can use it for another excellent prop for the series. I hope to be able to attend some more of these game as they were interesting and exciting.
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 04.08.10 19:52

flipa wrote:
    superchrisguy wrote:
    Ghost wrote:
    And chris your m203 fail on the 3rd floor was one of the funniest things in the entire game

That shall not be spoken of.....

OP: FEAR Review - Page 4 M203large

A tribute to the amazing moment.

Magat, you will die
    Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 05.08.10 1:47

sunday morning was absolutely amazing...and if i may say, my prone pistol kill under the wall for the win was by far, one of the most epic kills there
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 05.08.10 17:15

Here are my hits. The ones to my left arm are a nice grouping. As much as my right hand got hit, it didn't bruise at all. Just sore.

[img]OP: FEAR Review - Page 4 Th_BattleWounds-OPFEAR4[/img][img]

OP: FEAR Review - Page 4 Th_BattleWounds-OPFEAR3[/img]

[img]OP: FEAR Review - Page 4 Th_BattleWounds-OPFEAR2[/img]

[img]OP: FEAR Review - Page 4 Th_BattleWounds-OPFEAR[/img]

I hope I did this right and the pic's all posted. Question
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 06.08.10 13:59

Chiles wrote:OP FEAR was a mind blowing experience. It was my and my group's first OP, but definitely NOT our last! I knew that it would be a challenge and pretty creepy, but the night game with the music in the background took it to a whole new level. Searching through rooms and all you hear is the footsteps of the man beside you to guns opening up really made the entire game worth it. Can't wait for the next OP.

My knife standoff with a nightcrawler was awesome I must say, regardless of me losing xD

The teamwork with some of the ATC guys was awesome. Capturing the CD without any US Forces on us was pretty nice and holding off what seemed like 20 of them with what was maybe 5 guys felt sick.

ATC Very Happy

that was my first knife kill.we had a blast as nightcrawlers,whe got lit up,shot down,and even hit with a grenade.i cant wait to play with all of you again.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 06.08.10 14:02

Ghost wrote:The game was truly awsome in my opinion, I stayed the whole night with andy and harris, I like them though agree that the leadership needed to step it up and the people that left truly missed out.

And.........

NIGHTCRAWLERS FTW!!!!!! That was the most fun role I've ever played, it was truly fun.

And chris your m203 fail on the 3rd floor was one of the funniest things in the entire game
    yea the GET SOME bit@#$es (click) oh sh#@$ was the best
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 06.08.10 14:28

sorry i did not post up before i just found this thread.
    and as far as the nightcrawler team you guys and gal are the best and i had a lot of fun playing with you. a lot of what we did was to balance the game.some of you think we just shot you up and moved on,but alot of that was to clear for a team to move up and complete a mission and move game play.i had players do some great kills,the grenade that got all but two or three of us,the guy in the storage box the jumped out with his knife,and the knife at the side door,the guy in alma's chamber that held us up.all in all it was a great game and i look for many more ops with the airdog crew thank you guys for all the fun.
    BOB
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 06.08.10 17:02

poopdaddy wrote:the grenade that got all but two or three of us
    BOB
    Smile

Post  Guest 07.08.10 16:13

I had a good time. The initial 30 minutes of each game were great, but the heat caused lots of stagnation and demotivation, and IMO made them very sluggish and overall difficult to deal with. The nightgame was truly a treasurable experience.
    Best moment : owning the nightcrawlers via pistol at night (dont deny it)
    Worst moment : It was so hot!
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 07.08.10 18:13

Aggressor wrote:I had a good time. The initial 30 minutes of each game were great, but the heat caused lots of stagnation and demotivation, and IMO made them very sluggish and overall difficult to deal with. The nightgame was truly a treasurable experience.
    Best moment : owning the nightcrawlers via pistol at night (dont deny it)
    Worst moment : It was so hot!

I admit it paul, I got aggressive and popped the corner to go after somebody else with you and you just unloaded on me.
    Chiles
    Chiles

Post  Chiles 07.08.10 20:33

poopdaddy wrote:
    Chiles wrote:OP FEAR was a mind blowing experience. It was my and my group's first OP, but definitely NOT our last! I knew that it would be a challenge and pretty creepy, but the night game with the music in the background took it to a whole new level. Searching through rooms and all you hear is the footsteps of the man beside you to guns opening up really made the entire game worth it. Can't wait for the next OP.

My knife standoff with a nightcrawler was awesome I must say, regardless of me losing xD

The teamwork with some of the ATC guys was awesome. Capturing the CD without any US Forces on us was pretty nice and holding off what seemed like 20 of them with what was maybe 5 guys felt sick.

ATC Very Happy

that was my first knife kill.we had a blast as nightcrawlers,whe got lit up,shot down,and even hit with a grenade.i cant wait to play with all of you again.

Maybe we'll have another knife fight, that'd be awesome.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 06.05.24 18:57