Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+43
#CW!!ZERO
sgtgray
LORD TYRANT
Crazy Twitch
xyzpdq0121
theangryschnoodle
Thrush
G force
dustinlanham
bbuba68
Blaze
zachbarren
sniper2525
BIochemist
wolf six
Rhino
HavenUnitOctopus
Rambo
Esteban
capt_camo
savoy6
flipa
NJSC
Badfish
Blackhawk 5
Andy
fallout11
n2daizo123
Takfire
AlphaRomeo
Retherford
Twitch
ownage1
ILovePie:)
gapairsoft
-a|ex
Ghost
poopdaddy
just some kid
Bulldog94
superchrisguy
Gunny1.5
Garrett
47 posters

The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA

theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA - Page 10 Empty Re: The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA

Post  theangryschnoodle 24.03.11 21:57

We might have a couple guys, but a few members are working and out of country that weekend. Sometimes it's not good having a small team because we can't get a large enough group to go to ops because if we don't get everyone there it'll only be a couple people. It's also difficult because a few members work for the same company so when they have to travel for work we lose a chunk of the team haha.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA - Page 10 Empty Re: The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA

Post  AlphaRomeo 24.03.11 22:29

theangryschnoodle wrote:I'm unfortunately not going but I read in the teamairsoft newsletter that they will be having a practice for those going after the game this weekend. This is what they said:
    "For those who are going or are interested in going, there will be a practice at Georgetown this Saturday (26th) after our normal game. We plan to get started around 6:30. Anyone attending this practice will need a waiver if you don't have one on file with us. There is more info for this game on the Team Airsoft message board, just look in the Out of State section. The potential for rain will not effect the regular game but might have an effect on the practice. If you are coming only for the practice, stay tuned to Team Airsoft the Official Page on Facebook for up to date info about practice."
    And you decided to post this on a public forum of which some SC guys are members? There's a reason why you were the first to post this on here.
    Crazy Twitch

Post  Crazy Twitch 25.03.11 0:40

AlphaRomeo wrote:
    theangryschnoodle wrote:I'm unfortunately not going but I read in the teamairsoft newsletter that they will be having a practice for those going after the game this weekend. This is what they said:
    "For those who are going or are interested in going, there will be a practice at Georgetown this Saturday (26th) after our normal game. We plan to get started around 6:30. Anyone attending this practice will need a waiver if you don't have one on file with us. There is more info for this game on the Team Airsoft message board, just look in the Out of State section. The potential for rain will not effect the regular game but might have an effect on the practice. If you are coming only for the practice, stay tuned to Team Airsoft the Official Page on Facebook for up to date info about practice."
    And you decided to post this on a public forum of which some SC guys are members? There's a reason why you were the first to post this on here.

What are you trying to say here?
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 25.03.11 0:59

Crazy Twitch wrote:
    AlphaRomeo wrote:

That only people playing on the Ga side have any business being at the training/meeting schnoodle referenced. That's why it's only been posted in the planning forum and the airdog forum for the last several weeks instead of on here or on peach state. Now that it's out there though, the details are correct so get there if you can. I've been trying to set up a second training with Tak to be held at one of the Airdog fields as well.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 25.03.11 7:29

i'm not on those other forums...
    this is news to me
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 25.03.11 8:50

AlphaRomeo wrote:
    Crazy Twitch wrote:
    AlphaRomeo wrote:

That only people playing on the Ga side have any business being at the training/meeting schnoodle referenced. That's why it's only been posted in the planning forum and the airdog forum for the last several weeks instead of on here or on peach state. Now that it's out there though, the details are correct so get there if you can. I've been trying to set up a second training with Tak to be held at one of the Airdog fields as well.

No offence Alpha, but at this point I think ANYTHING that gets the word out is a good thing. Most of the airsoft players that I talk to have NEVER heard of the game. I do not think enough has been done on the GA side to promote the game. I would be all for seeing it up on the TeamAirsoft facebook (which some SC guys might be a member of), on the SS Airsoft FB page (Which is open to the public) and anywhere else that gets the word out. If it wasn't the fact that Eddie and Mike brought it up to me at Georgetown a month ago and I did an extensive Google search to find out what they were talking about, I would have NEVER known about it. Even more on that note, I do not think that the SC guys have done enough to promote their own game. This is a money maker for them, I assume, and as such, I would be drafting up flyers to send to any airsoft fields and shops within SC and Georgia. As it stands, I estimate less than 10% of the airsoft players out there are even a member of any of these forums. Even if they are, they have to find this thread by looking in the "Northeast Atlanta" section which is just not logical place for this to be.

Please know that I support you and have said on many occasions that I respect the position that you have taken as a volunteer to get this thing off. But I, and from what I gather a few others, just don't know that enough is being done to ensure that this venture is a success. I think that is a MAJOR concern for most people that I talk to and the source of most of the frustration that you see here and elsewhere. No one wants to go to an event all pumped up to see that you and 25 other people where all that showed up. They do not want to travel 3-6 hours to be let down. They do not want to pay for gas, food, beer, field fees, and catch hell from their wives for something that is going to be a flop! And they get no encouragement from the SC guys (mainly since there is no pre-registration) or from our CO to put these fears and doubts to rest. All the OP was trying to do is get the word out. He did not give away anything concerning our troop numbers (which none of us know anyways), or tactics (which have never been discussed), or armaments (which change due to rule changes weekly), or anything else. He just reposted something that was fixing to be public (as noted within the newsletter from Alan) on a facebook page anyways and that anyone what is a part of the Georgetown newsletter got (which there could be a SC guy or two a member of). And I for one hope that the SC guys learn that we are planning on practicing and somewhat organized, maybe it will let them know that some of us might take this game seriously! If nothing else, it will be mis-information and bad intel to throw them off the path of how FUBARed this all is and disorganized we appear to be!

AlphaRomeo (The GA CO) wrote:And you decided to post this on a public forum of which some SC guys are members? There's a reason why you were the first to post this on here.

So someone please get Alpha's permission and post this where ever people will see it!!! Be the second, third and forth to post it somewhere! If you think the SC guys are dedicated enough to come down here, 3 hours away, and attend a practice of ours then: a) they need a life, b) you need to check IDs at the door for anyone you do not recognize at the practice, and c) remind me not to NEVER talk to you about your conspiracy theories about black helicopters and/or the JFK files. Glenn Beck called, he wants his Cor-Ray-Zee back!!!

Noodle, I got your back, you did nothing wrong in my eyes! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by xyzpdq0121 on 25.03.11 10:19; edited 1 time in total
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 25.03.11 9:20

In light of recent comments, I am changing my position. However, to comment on the statement that Schnoodle didn't give away any troop positions, numbers, etc, that's what we will be discussing on Saturday (at least to a point) so access to such information was given. Schnoodle, I apologize for jumping on you about that.

People who are on this forum and not in the planning forum should get used to not knowing things about Ga plans for the game. It's one thing to post training information on here, but I will NOT be posting any information about platoon missions, troop placement, or anything of that nature. I once again strongly encourage participation in the planning forum. It seems that we have a lot more people coming than we have in the forum, so mission planning is almost impossible at this point.

As far as getting the word out, most people I have spoken to seem to have heard about the event. It has been posted on here, peach state, and team airsoft for months now so I know a lot of people have at least some information about it. Flyers in shops would have been a good idea as well. I may print a few out and drop them by whatever stores I end up at before the game. As far as posting it on other field's facebook pages, that's up to the field owners. I don't want to develop bad relationships with the guys who run the fields because I directed their business to another field.

I hope everyone can make it to the training despite the short notice, but I hope to have one more before game day so I'll get you as much notice as I can. I haven't been able to work out a date with the ACF yet for that training.
    -Jester
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 25.03.11 9:39

AlphaRomeo wrote:In light of recent comments, I am changing my position. However, to comment on the statement that Schnoodle didn't give away any troop positions, numbers, etc, that's what we will be discussing on Saturday (at least to a point) so access to such information was given. Schnoodle, I apologize for jumping on you about that.

I know, so check IDs at the door I guess. But thank you for reconsidering your position.

People who are on this forum and not in the planning forum should get used to not knowing things about Ga plans for the game. It's one thing to post training information on here, but I will NOT be posting any information about platoon missions, troop placement, or anything of that nature. I once again strongly encourage participation in the planning forum. It seems that we have a lot more people coming than we have in the forum, so mission planning is almost impossible at this point.

I agree, it has been stated many times that people need to be over there to the planning forum. SO GET OVER THERE PEOPLE!! But I am over there and there is not much on "plans" or anything else over there however, that could change with more support and people. Wink I know Alan is also doing his best to get people approved to post over there once they make an account. So they just need to be a bit patient. I also agree that you should NOT post troop number, missions, placement, etc here. But an encouraging word from the CO from time to time to make people believe we know this information would go a very long way! Then again, I could be wrong and nothing will make a difference or help out because some people will complain no matter what! I do not envy your position of having to plan out things when people keep saying they will come and then say they won't and then say they will again or that it depends on the weather.

As far as getting the word out, most people I have spoken to seem to have heard about the event. It has been posted on here, peach state, and team airsoft for months now so I know a lot of people have at least some information about it. Flyers in shops would have been a good idea as well. I may print a few out and drop them by whatever stores I end up at before the game. As far as posting it on other field's facebook pages, that's up to the field owners. I don't want to develop bad relationships with the guys who run the fields because I directed their business to another field.

I am not saying YOU should post it on the field owner's sites and FB pages without permission. I think that SC should have built contacts (or used some of our contacts) to build those bridges and get the word out. Most field owners and shop owners that I know of (with exception of the idiot over at Discover Mills) would/should have no problem promoting something for the love of the sport. Maybe you just run in different circles then I do. Maybe the elite and veteran class of players knows about the event, but they are most likely also a member of these sites and forums. Again, that is probably less than 10% of the players out there. I doubt you are going to get the soccer moms to drive their 12 year olds up to SC for 24 hours of play, but I know plenty of 20-50 year olds who are NOT a member of the forums that would come. But if you need some help putting out flyers and stuff, let me know. Although I STRONGLY believe that the making of the flyers and what not should be paid for by the SC guys! It should also be up on the calendar here which I do not think it is!

I hope everyone can make it to the training despite the short notice, but I hope to have one more before game day so I'll get you as much notice as I can. I haven't been able to work out a date with the ACF yet for that training.
    -Jester

Again, thank you for all your hard work. I do not want it to seem like I am coming down on you in any way. I apologize if it came off that way! AGAIN, you have a THANKLESS job and I do not envy your position at all!! Just see the concerns of your troops from all sides and realize that some of them might be justified. Listen to what they have to say and help ease their minds. Things should go a lot smoother after that! You can't make everyone happy but most people do not want to be unhappy, so there is hope in that! rabbit
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 25.03.11 10:07

just get a pre reg.
    this is not a real war-its a game.
    no one has a good player count.
    platoon missions, troop placement is a joke at this point(sorry,not trying to be rude) but this is a game not a military op.
    players will not act as soldiers,almost all the people that play try to be spec ops.most are over weight or kids."THAT TEAM" will just cheat to win.this needs to have an open count.it sounds cool to plan missions===delta one engage target in at 0300.but it will not work out like that.in the end i think the game will be better served by pulling players in,not making them hunt for intel.i have been on the planing forum,and its almost the same chat as on here.one or two days of practice will not do much.knowing you have xx players that have payed for a place on the field will make more want to go.this game will be great or an epic fail.i don't see any middle ground..
    in the end it will turn out after all this-show up,shoot SC players,have fun,eat,shoot SC players,win(hopefully),and drive home tired.

post it all over
    lets get a # count
    we have no intel to leak out
    if SC finds out how many players we have who cares,we need to know
    its only a few weeks out
    lets not shoot our self in the foot by over thinking it

AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 25.03.11 11:20

poopdaddy wrote:just get a pre reg.
    platoon missions, troop placement is a joke at this point(sorry,not trying to be rude) but this is a game not a military op.
    players will not act as soldiers,almost all the people that play try to be spec ops.most are over weight or kids."THAT TEAM" will just cheat to win.this needs to have an open count.it sounds cool to plan missions===delta one engage target in at 0300.but it will not work out like that.in the end i think the game will be better served by pulling players in,not making them hunt for intel.i have been on the planing forum,and its almost the same chat as on here.one or two days of practice will not do much.knowing you have xx players that have payed for a place on the field will make more want to go.this game will be great or an epic fail.i don't see any middle ground..
    in the end it will turn out after all this-show up,shoot SC players,have fun,eat,shoot SC players,win(hopefully),and drive home tired.

post it all over
    lets get a # count
    its only a few weeks out

Basically what you're getting at here is that it is useless for me to try and organize a Mil-Sim style game because players are incapable of completing any mission more complicated than "they're over there. Shoot at them."
    This game will be won or lost by the number of points we have at the end of the game. Points are based on small side missions and field domination. So is it a lost cause for me to try to make sure that there is a platoon in every section of the field, controlling it as well as going after whatever side mission falls within their AO?
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 25.03.11 11:20

AlphaRomeo wrote:

post it all over
    lets get a # count
    its only a few weeks out

Basically what you're getting at here is that it is useless to try and organize a Mil-Sim style game because players are incapable of completing any mission more complicated than "they're over there. Shoot at them."
    This game will be won or lost by the number of points we have at the end of the game. Points are based on small side missions and field domination. So is it a lost cause for me to try to make sure that there is a platoon in every section of the field, controlling it as well as going after whatever side mission falls within their AO?
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 25.03.11 11:35

AlphaRomeo wrote:

post it all over
    lets get a # count
    its only a few weeks out

Basically what you're getting at here is that it is useless for me to try and organize a Mil-Sim style game because players are incapable of completing any mission more complicated than "they're over there. Shoot at them."

+1 I for one want to see SOME planning going on. This is a Mil-Sim game and it should be treated as such. (BTW that is what will make it fun for me!) I want to work with other players from GA. I want to meet them. I want to be in a platoon and squad. I want to work together to WIN this dang thing. While I do understand it is hard to plan platoon missions ENTIRELY right now (since we do not know total numbers and side missions) it is not a lost cause to have a plan in place and strategy going. That should ALWAYS be in the back of our minds. I can only speak for myself, but any person that is just out for himself does not have a place in my squad.

I do agree that some focus needs to be directed into pulling people in. I just do not know how best to do that. I for one plan on placing it all over my FB page, on the FB pages of the players I know, and talk to anyone that I meet this weekend at Georgetown or any other weekend I am up there. If Alpha has some other ways I can help, I am more than willing and I suggest that some of you that are passionate about this, and the sport, do the same. It is easy to complain, but lets make it constructive and work to solve the problem!

I also agree that pre-registration might have been a good idea, but that is not what the people in SC putting on the event think, so it is out of my hands. I suggest when we do the event, we consider it. Until then, suck it up butter cup and lets do our part! Get good counts from the people in your teams or your friends. Encourage them to go. Relay those numbers to Alpha. Show up Saturday to the practice, damn the weather! (I disagree that one or two days of practice will not do much!) Because if we only show up to SC with 50 people, it is our own fault. And I for one do not want to have to hang my head low because my fellow Georgians can't get their act together!

On a side note, I don't know what problems that people are having with "that team" or who "that team" even is. I have read many things here about them and if they are such a problem, I do not see why they are allowed to play anywhere anymore. Sounds like something you should take up with the field owners at where they are playing!!! If the owners where they are playing are STILL allowing them to play then either a big deal is being made out of nothing or that says something about the field owners!

/soapbox
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 25.03.11 13:47

Okay here's what we're going to do. The general vibe that I'm getting here is that people (most people at least) want to play the game more or less the way that it is meant to be played (objectives, points, etc.) but don't really want to be involved in planning. The catch 22 here is that planning can't really take place without knowing who is coming, hence my frustration. Therefore, I have a plan.

I need team leaders (or just a representative from each team) to PM me and let me know how the name of your team and how many from your team are planning on attending. If teams want to play together, feel free to do so, but it would be easier for me if you did so before PMing me so that you would essentially be enrolling as one team. If you are particularly keen (or not so keen) on fighting at night, let me know. We'll work with or around that.

Specific assignments will most likely be given out on gameday or the day before, but assume you will be assigned a section of the field. That section will be your team's responsibility. You will have capturable bases that you will need to hold in addition to side missions that may come up and, of course, enemies that you would do well to keep out of your AO. One or two of the field sections may be kind of boring, at least at first, so assignments will be rotated. Every X number of hours, you will swap positions with another platoon, so everyone can experience every part of the field. One of your shifts may be dull, but rest assured I will get you into the action. When you are deployed to your AO, I suggest that you take enough food/water/ammo to last you a while so that you don't have to keep running back to base to resupply. That strategy never seems to work out for anyone.

Everyone should be rotated back for sleep at some point during the night, or at least have the option to be.

Most important, of course, HAVE FUN. Don't think that me trying to lead/plan this thing will mean you will end up in Bumbletown, Nowhere digging holes for 24 hours. It will be an awesome game if we make it one. Game flow is largely controlled by the attitudes of the players.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 25.03.11 13:56

Oh! and the swap meet! If you're coming, bring crap to sell because there will be a swap meet during the 3-hour break from 1700-2000. Maybe we can earn some of our gas money back.

By the way, you all should DEFINITELY get on southcarolinaairsoft.com and check out theDelimitation Conflict thread in the upcoming AOSC games forum. Smack talking SC guys in there is amazingly fun. I'm UF_Jester on there.
    bbuba68
    bbuba68

Post  bbuba68 25.03.11 14:55

Word to the mother <CENSORED> street yō... That is all I have to say

-a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 25.03.11 15:15

xyzpdq0121 wrote:
    This is a Mil-Sim game and it should be treated as such. (BTW that is what will make it fun for me!) I want to work with other players from GA. I want to meet them. I want to be in a platoon and squad. I want to work together to WIN this dang thing. While I do understand it is hard to plan platoon missions ENTIRELY right now (since we do not know total numbers and side missions) it is not a lost cause to have a plan in place and strategy going. That should ALWAYS be in the back of our minds. I can only speak for myself, but any person that is just out for himself does not have a place in my squad.

i didn't know this was a mil-sim game. do i need to purchase low cap mags? winning or losing doesn't matter to me.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 25.03.11 15:20

-a|ex wrote:
    xyzpdq0121 wrote:
    This is a Mil-Sim game and it should be treated as such. (BTW that is what will make it fun for me!) I want to work with other players from GA. I want to meet them. I want to be in a platoon and squad. I want to work together to WIN this dang thing. While I do understand it is hard to plan platoon missions ENTIRELY right now (since we do not know total numbers and side missions) it is not a lost cause to have a plan in place and strategy going. That should ALWAYS be in the back of our minds. I can only speak for myself, but any person that is just out for himself does not have a place in my squad.

i didn't know this was a mil-sim game. do i need to purchase low cap mags? winning or losing doesn't matter to me.
    It's an ammo limit instead of a mag capacity restriction. It's listed on this forum somewhere, but it's 2000 rounds on your person and you can only load at our base or a captured forward base.
    theangryschnoodle
    theangryschnoodle

Post  theangryschnoodle 25.03.11 16:44

Alpha, I understand your argument about posting the practices. I took it down. I still support what you're trying to do as CO. Even though I can't make this game it would be great to hear that GA pulled off what your trying to accomplish. If GA could start holding events like they do in the New England area, (pine plains, CTG, etc.) that would be awesome. If this op goes well hopefully it could be the start of something great. Good luck on planning, getting the word out etc.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 25.03.11 16:53

theangryschnoodle wrote:Alpha, I understand your argument about posting the practices. I took it down. I still support what you're trying to do as CO. Even though I can't make this game it would be great to hear that GA pulled off what your trying to accomplish. If GA could start holding events like they do in the New England area, (pine plains, CTG, etc.) that would be awesome. If this op goes well hopefully it could be the start of something great. Good luck on planning, getting the word out etc.
    All this argument, I legitimately change my point of view on the stuff being up there, all the headache, and you AGREE with me? Haha. Awesome. Seriously, though, I'm going to start putting more stuff on here. We're too close to the game to keep dragging people into the planning forum and I don't want to leave them out.

On a side note, I heard from some NC guys I know that they are trying to get a Pine Plains in North Carolina. That's at least closer than New York.
    LORD TYRANT
    LORD TYRANT

Post  LORD TYRANT 28.03.11 12:36

I JUST WANT TO PLAY THAT'S IT NO MORE NO LESS, I do what the majority of the good players whom can listen & communicate every one else is a lost cause for the most part
    sgtgray
    sgtgray

Post  sgtgray 31.03.11 1:24

I have 511 style digital, where would this fall. Simalar to muticam because it contains tan, black and green. ANy help would be apprecited. also I am coming from Georgia.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 31.03.11 8:48

balance colors go to bravo

this is from the man
    so all listed are bravo colors
    Typically these are our balance colors Black BDU's, Private Military Contractor, ACU, Urban Digi, civilian, etc, and go to whomever needs the numbers. But in this case they will be considered tan.all of this is bravo

i posted this on MAA and this was Garretts response

You are correct sir.... all bravo colors. Show up in jeans if you wish, still bravo.

this may help in the long run with players on the GA side planning there budgets
    sgtgray
    sgtgray

Post  sgtgray 31.03.11 12:21

So if I understood poop, you think my 511 digital camo falls under the neutral tan. Thats great, to hear if so cause thats where I wanna be. This uniform is my standard issue, and the only other I own is marpat. Or were you just saying I need to wear plain clothes? Thanks.. By the way, I am from deep south Georgia, I speak slow, comprehend slower, fut shoot fast as lighting.. : )
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 31.03.11 16:41

yours should fall under the tan sgt gray. but if not then the balancing colors are everything else other than the green stuff. the marpat would be green
    sgtgray
    sgtgray

Post  sgtgray 31.03.11 17:06

Thanks! worst case senerio I guess will be I will have to go to th SC side and get my butt shot off by my own GA players..lol.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 10.05.24 16:31