Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+7
-a|ex
Rhino
wolf six
flipa
Twitch
Newnan Airsoft Player
Silent_Option
11 posters

Project P Nine Zero

xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Project P Nine Zero - Page 3 Empty Re: Project P Nine Zero

Post  xyzpdq0121 30.03.11 13:03

Silent_Option wrote:Thanks! this is going to be my SS Airsoft special, i just hope that lense for the reflex sight doesnt get shot out!

Get some plexiglass for it. It would offer some protection... Better than loosing a $50 sight over a $.001 bb shot by a 12 year old! Wink I do not think that I have any acrylic thin enough but I can check for you.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 30.03.11 13:19

the problem you will have is removing the mag with a full load of bb's. it will spill over.
    you can avoid this by beaking off the tab that prevents closed m4 mags to be inserted and just use the mag without loading the top reservoir.

or you can do this:

Project P Nine Zero - Page 3 Boxmag-mod

unfinished prototype. the hicap p90 isn't integrated yet and it's still a PITA getting to the release levers. but it looks better than that hump back reservoir. the m4 adapter still feeds fine as is.

btw, your p90 is looking good...
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 30.03.11 13:53

How would I attach said plexiglass? Just glue it on? I'm doing some research right now via my good friend google.

Thanks, alex. I thought about breaking that darn tab off so i could run midcaps if i wanted too and i really dont see a purpose for the tab other than to remind you that you loading door isnt open. I dont see why midcaps wouldnt work in it so that will probablly be taken care of this evening when the tater tot goes to bed.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 30.03.11 14:09

i also noticed your bushings are brass. i replaced mine because it started shredding brass dust all over the gearbox.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 30.03.11 14:35

yeah I guess its not totally complete. i have a set of steel bushings that i ordered, because after i got the GB back together i noticed there was a little play in the bushings. I just havent chanegd them yet.
    xyzpdq0121
    xyzpdq0121

Post  xyzpdq0121 30.03.11 14:58

Silent_Option wrote:How would I attach said plexiglass? Just glue it on? I'm doing some research right now via my good friend google.

Depends on how good you are at fabrication. Wink If it were me, I would go to my reef creations in Lawrenceville and see if they have some scrap acrylic they can sell you for cheap. You are going to need about 1/8th to 1/4th should do the trick. If they want too much, go dig through the dumpster in the back. LOL! I recommend them because they make fish tanks and what not and they have really clear acrylic. They can customize it for you but they would charge you an arm and a leg. So just router it yourself. Then I would silicone it into place with a small bead. I would not glue it in case you need to replace it. But it should protect your sight well enough. You could use plexiglass from Home Depot but the optics on acrylic are much better. Worse case, I think I have some 1/4" acrylic around here if you need.
    ownage1
    ownage1

Post  ownage1 30.03.11 16:53

xyzpdq0121 wrote:
    Silent_Option wrote:How would I attach said plexiglass? Just glue it on? I'm doing some research right now via my good friend google.

Depends on how good you are at fabrication. Wink If it were me, I would go to my reef creations in Lawrenceville and see if they have some scrap acrylic they can sell you for cheap. You are going to need about 1/8th to 1/4th should do the trick. If they want too much, go dig through the dumpster in the back. LOL! I recommend them because they make fish tanks and what not and they have really clear acrylic. They can customize it for you but they would charge you an arm and a leg. So just router it yourself. Then I would silicone it into place with a small bead. I would not glue it in case you need to replace it. But it should protect your sight well enough. You could use plexiglass from Home Depot but the optics on acrylic are much better. Worse case, I think I have some 1/4" acrylic around here if you need.

you should put this on https://metroatlantaairsoft.darkbb.com/t2168-njsc-s-guide-for-airsoft-noobs . it could really help people protect their optics.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 30.03.11 23:58

hmmm i wonder if one could cut the acrylic to match the form of the red dot lense then attached the acrylic some how to a magnet that would sit on top of the lense frame. Thus being removable/transferable????? I think were on to something here.

I may try this with a spare piece of plexiglass and magnets i have at work.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 31.03.11 8:28

hot glue directly on top of the lens frame. two tabs should do the job and it's not permanent.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 09.04.11 10:37

I broke down the GB in the p90 and replaced the bushings with steel ones and re-shimmed it correctly, put it all back together and hooked the battery up, pulled the trigger, and boom boom pow. Works perfectly on semi and full, however when i put the GB in the p90 body it wont work at all.

any suggestions??
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 09.04.11 18:07

pull the bottom of the stock off so you can see if the trigger is lining up correctly with the trigger rod.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 10.04.11 22:00

ok checked that and im about fed up with this crap. The GB performs flawlessly with it outside the body but once i put it inside the body it wont work!!! I dont know what is wrong with it.

The trigger works just the same as if the GB is out, btu absolutely nothing will happen when its inside the body.
    ownage1
    ownage1

Post  ownage1 10.04.11 22:09

with bullpups there is an internal trigger system on the body that has to line up with the trigger system on the gearbox. some people wrap that part with electric tape so the trigger pull will be lighter.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 10.04.11 22:28

yeah it pushes the silver trigger part into the contacts just as if i was holding the GB and pressing it myself, thats the only it will work. I put electrical tape on the bar that makes contact with the trigger thinking maybe its a grounding issue, but nope.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 10.04.11 22:34

whats got me so confused is that it works outside the body and as soon as i put it in the body it wont work, even if i reach in the bottom and press the trigger myself it wont work. and i checked for voltage by puttin gthe black on the black lead and red on red where the battery connects and when i pull the trigger inside or outside the body it shows.48 volts. so that seems to be the same either way.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 10.04.11 23:01

do you have a mosfet or fuse? if it doesn't work when you manually push on the trigger through the bottom access of the stock, then there's an open in your wiring.

take out your gearbox and start wiggling the wires while you fire it.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 10.04.11 23:07

it has a mosfet on it. I was thinking that maybe the plate that holds the GB in is pressing a wire on the motor or something making it not work. My sons asleep now so it will have to wait until tomorrow, but still has me confused that it shows the same voltage but wont work.

I will try it without the motor plate and see if thats it
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 13.04.11 11:04

Ok i couldnt fire it, but everytime the GB is out of the gun it has worked fine so i removed the GB and checked voltage. Battery shows just above 8 volts if I remeber correctly. and checked the contacts just behind the trigger mech and getting 6.6 volts on those. I figured the lower voltage on the contacts from the battery is somehow related to the MOSFET??? I put the GB in the gun and checked the voltage after checking all my connections and got 6.6 volts along the contacts. yesterday got home and tested it and nothing happened. This is very frustrating.

Last edited by Silent_Option on 13.04.11 11:15; edited 1 time in total
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 13.04.11 11:12

Alex, Rhino, or anyone... Do you think the location of this connection is causing any problems? I was looking at your picture Alex and noticced you have both wires connected at the motor term. but still doesnt really explain why it would work outside the body but not inside. i guess i should redo all my connections. Its worked before with this new set-up, I guess something has just come loose and gets opened or shorted when I put the motor plate on.

Project P Nine Zero - Page 3 P90_gb10
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 13.04.11 12:16

Here's how I do all P90's. This is a picture of mine. This way I can visible inspect all connections with out having to cut shrink or anything

Project P Nine Zero - Page 3 P90002
    Project P Nine Zero - Page 3 P90001
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 13.04.11 12:28

Thanks.

Few questions

is that a TM GB? Just Curious

did you soldered the connections to the motor?

Do you think the way i have it would cause problems? I know electricity takes the path of least resistance, but I work with AC voltage not DC, totally different animal mostly. And honestly the mosfet has me thrown off with the 2 wires in and three out so My think of it as water flowing this way and that theory gets thrown off.

Oh and your advice about the deans connector did'nt fall on deaf ears. i took it and changed it, i just reused the pic from this thread to draw the arrow
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 13.04.11 12:36

Yes TM
    Yes soldered on motor
    Yes it could cause issues if the connections aren't good or if there is an issue with the contacts.

If I was you I would just copy mine! solder everything that way nothing can pop off or be loose.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 13.04.11 12:45

Roger that. Thanks again

Do you ever get tired of people copying, or trying to be like you!? Razz
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 13.04.11 22:13

Rhino,

My friend you are the man! I copied what you have pictured and the thing worked like a charm! I still don't know where the problem was, but doing it your way fixed it. Thanks man!

Really thank you to everyone for your help, the thing is finally complete!
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 13.04.11 22:17

Great glad I could help! I take cash, check, credit. Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 9:27