Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+9
Twitch
NJSC
flipa
Ghost
poopdaddy
S.M.A.
Newnan Airsoft Player
-a|ex
airsoftcorps
13 posters

AIRSOFT CORPS, the Voice of Airsoft

Poll

Do you give a rats about airsoft? If yes, then join the discussion on CA SB798

[ 5 ]
    AIRSOFT CORPS, the Voice of Airsoft Bar_left42%AIRSOFT CORPS, the Voice of Airsoft Bar_right [42%] 
    [ 7 ]
    AIRSOFT CORPS, the Voice of Airsoft Bar_left58%AIRSOFT CORPS, the Voice of Airsoft Bar_right [58%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Poll closed
    airsoftcorps

AIRSOFT CORPS, the Voice of Airsoft Empty AIRSOFT CORPS, the Voice of Airsoft

Post  airsoftcorps 10.05.11 16:15

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/airsoftcorps

Hey,

I'm Copperautis (Copper for short), co-host of Airsoft Corps, the Voice of Airsoft! It's a live call in online radio show, all about airsoft!!!

Airsoft Corps discusses topics such as airsoft weaponry, events, field craft, and tactics. Hosted by Airsoft Outlaws 1/21 Battalion Executive Officer Aaron Howard (Copper), former 82nd Airborne Paratrooper Mike Arnold (Hathcock), and former Army Special Forces sniper Shane Vanaman (Bushman).

One cool thing to note, Shane Vanaman (aka, Bushman), my co-host on Airsoft Corps, is approved and scheduled through Guinness World Records to make a world record airsoft shot, in several categories, at this year’s Oklahoma Invasion 6 on 27 May 2011.

One more important issue to note…CA SB798 is working its way through the California Assembly, and this upcoming show, on 14 May 2011 @ 5pm central time, we will be joined on air by Tim Seargeant, Airsoft GI’s Marketing Manager, to discuss this critical legislation and what can be done, if we’re not already too late!

Join us here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/airsoftcorps/2011/05/14/airsoft-corps--special-guest-airsoft-gis-tim-seargeant

We all have something to say about this issue, if you care about our beloved sport. Call and talk with us on air. Call in number to speak with the host (424) 243-9634 or Skype in with your comp.

Barrel end toward enemy!
    Copper

Last edited by airsoftcorps on 23.09.11 9:45; edited 1 time in total
    airsoftcorps

AIRSOFT CORPS, the Voice of Airsoft Empty Re: AIRSOFT CORPS, the Voice of Airsoft

Post  airsoftcorps 10.05.11 17:29

For those that think it's only Cali crap and it'll never happen here...where do your airsoft guns ship through? Port of LA, maybe? Hmmmm....and if CA SB798 passes it will lift the exemption on airsoft being listed as replica weapons - what does that mean?...cannot bought and sold in CA...hmmm...how many airsoft suppliers are in CA?

This is not just about your airsoft guns being colored like a Skittle...be a cool battle cry though, "TASTE THE RAINBOW SUCKA'...!!!"
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

AIRSOFT CORPS, the Voice of Airsoft Empty Re: AIRSOFT CORPS, the Voice of Airsoft

Post  -a|ex 10.05.11 18:45

there are extreme gun control laws in cali that stays in cali...
    entrepreneurs will find other ports to ship their goods. cali is only one location out of many.
    evike will relocate to FL.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 10.05.11 20:25

airsoftcorps wrote:For those that think it's only Cali crap and it'll never happen here...where do your airsoft guns ship through? Port of LA, maybe? Hmmmm....and if CA SB798 passes it will lift the exemption on airsoft being listed as replica weapons - what does that mean?...cannot bought and sold in CA...hmmm...how many airsoft suppliers are in CA?

This is not just about your airsoft guns being colored like a Skittle...be a cool battle cry though, "TASTE THE RAINBOW SUCKA'...!!!"
    Its pretty simple, California is a liberal loving state as others such as Georgia are not. And quite the opposite. I know you think that if they do it to one state they'll do it to others. Possibly, but not here, in somewhere such as Washington D.C. or NJ, or some states up North you may have a better shot up there. We are just alot more free here, so your best bet, and I mean this in the most respectful way, would be in a state where the liberal view is more influenced. But as far as airsoft news, fields, reviews and stuff like that we are all interested and supportive with open ears.
    S.M.A.
    S.M.A.

Post  S.M.A. 10.05.11 20:59

-a|ex wrote:
    evike will relocate to FL.
    yes! cheap shipping
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 10.05.11 21:48

i think all in all
    a gun is a gun...
    if you play with it in public its REAL..
    changing the color does not change the weapon.
    do i want pretty pink and orange guns?NO....
    i play airsoft because the guns look real,feel real,its clean unlike paintball.
    if they change the guns i may stop playing.
    that said we all need to make a point to show our dislike for this bill.
    if it passes in cali you never know what will happen.
    a few years back some people said"we must protect kids from lead,pencils,paint,toys,motorcycles..motorcycles???
    yep kids dirt bikes had too much lead in the metal they made them out of.
    so all kids bikes got recalled(STUPID)do i want kids with lead posion,NO
    do kids chew on motorcycles,NO
    the point is a stupid law is passed by stupid people.but those stupid people have time to lobby and get those laws passed.
    we(live and let live types)allow people to live life as they see it,these people want to protect us from the things they are to stupid not to hurt themselves with..
    in the end
    IF YOU HAVE TIME HELP WITH THIS
    IF YOU HAVE NO TIME TO HELP
    THE NEXT TIME I WRITE SOMETHING
    DON'T READ IT
    TAKE THAT TIME AND HELP WITH THIS

THANKS
    POOP
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 11.05.11 0:59

vote republican...
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 11.05.11 8:50

-a|ex wrote:vote republican...

haa
    you can't win
    you have to vote for who you think will do the least damage lol!

another cali thing was dirtbike noise
    they passed a law so you can't ride dirtbikes on private tracks at your home
    guess what...........
    ok times up
    that law also stopped kids from riding honda 50's in there back yard.
    so future generations of kids will lose out on motorcycling.
    not a big deal,they can sit at home and play video games(i love video games)
    they can do drugs
    they can join gangs
    they can rob houses
    they can get fat
    all things motorcycling can help to prevent
    but some stupid fool had to much time on there hands and needed to protect the public and BOOM---stupid law passed!!!!
    rant-arantrant(sorry)
    but it seems the more laws they make
    the more freedom they take
    airsoftcorps

Post  airsoftcorps 11.05.11 10:46

PoopDaddy for President!!!! 2012!!!! Got my vote - may even give you a nice plug on the show - wink
    Very Happy
    airsoftcorps

Post  airsoftcorps 11.05.11 11:34

I am just betting many of the "No" votes are from the younger, been there done that, seen that, already know it all kinda college age and under players - Don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm just guessing, hehe. You need to understand, there is more to the story than what it means for you, personally. Are you smelling what I am stepping in, here? As a player, I can appreciate the potential for personal cost affects, and at the same time there is a bigger picture.

Although I do hope the Federal preemption will take care of an outright ban (which is what would happen if they were reclassified as imitation firearms), I still worry about the businesses that will be impacted (ref. SWANSON MARTIN & BELL, LLP ATTORNEYS AT LAW, SUITE 3300, 330 NORTH WABASH, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS letter on behalf of Crosman Corporation, 25 April 2011). I know PoopDaddy can appreciate what goes into making a business run and survive. I worry about the jobs lost. The airsoft industry in CA is huge. There are many people’s livelihoods at stake. Some companies may not survive the costs incurred during relocation. I have a business myself, and am undergoing relocation just down the street about a mile; the costs are enormous!

I also worry about this step that is being taken to turn us into the U.K. and take away all our guns - unless you're in a high dollar gun club and keep them locked away off site from your home. Then only the criminals will have guns - perfect. It may be a giant step from airsoft ban in CA to an outright ban of firearms, but again, I have been around long enough to see the trend. Just as an observation, look at the generation that is now in control of the government…remember the love-ins and sit-ins of the 60s? Make love not war?….Of course you don’t remember, I wasn’t there either, hehe…but the point is, that is the generation that now holds the power. Those are the elected officials. I don’t know, maybe I am way off the mark here – that is why I have co-hosts, lol – to keep me in check and balance the discussion. I hope you guys join in too!

See you on the air!
    airsoftcorps

Post  airsoftcorps 11.05.11 15:08

Here's a link to the current version (the most current as far as I know) of SB798.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_798_bill_20110413_amended_sen_v97.html

Rereading the Bill seems to indicate, per Section 1(b), that coloring the exterior of the device would exempt it from imitation firearm status.
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 11.05.11 20:15

The threat of an all out ban, or even a partial gun ban is always there. California wanting to mandate and change a product to their liking is nothing new. As far as the cost of moving etc, thats just part of the game. Survival of the fittest.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 11.05.11 20:36

poopdaddy wrote:
    -a|ex wrote:vote republican...

haa
    you can't win
    you have to vote for who you think will do the least damage lol!

another cali thing was dirtbike noise
    they passed a law so you can't ride dirtbikes on private tracks at your home
    guess what...........
    ok times up
    that law also stopped kids from riding honda 50's in there back yard.
    so future generations of kids will lose out on motorcycling.
    not a big deal,they can sit at home and play video games(i love video games)
    they can do drugs
    they can join gangs
    they can rob houses
    they can get fat
    all things motorcycling can help to prevent
    but some stupid fool had to much time on there hands and needed to protect the public and BOOM---stupid law passed!!!!
    rant-arantrant(sorry)
    but it seems the more laws they make
    the more freedom they take

Airsoft is a sport just like any other, what if the government took away lacrosse, and just said, hey were not gonna allow you to play that sport anymore, move to canada. would that be right? what if New York decided that too many kids were being injured because of lacrosse and took it away just in New York? This is exactly what they are doing, and airsoft is a great way to meet new people, enjoy the outdoors, and burn off some energy... which lord knows I have plenty of. and on a side note, what would happen to paintball? would they be excluded? just because their guns don't look like real guns? if so, lets all run around with XM8's Very Happy
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 11.05.11 20:53

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:The threat of an all out ban, or even a partial gun ban is always there. California wanting to mandate and change a product to their liking is nothing new. As far as the cost of moving etc, thats just part of the game. Survival of the fittest.

i own a small motorcycle shop
    i don't get rich,the economy hurts me and sometimes i struggle.
    i do it for a love of motorcycles.people pass large shops all the time just to deal with me.not because i can offer more than a mega dealership(i can't),but because they see me for who i am,i treat them well and work hard for them.
    i am not one of the fittest.
    think of what you are saying
    airdog is a little guy,a small shop amoungst huge retailers and online mega stores.
    but they are GIANTS to all of us players.
    the little guys,the un-fit,the true airsoft enthusiast.
    these guys keep our sport alive,this law will hurt them.
    the big guys will move or just sell the next big thing.
    the little guys will die off and go back to a 9 to 5 and airsoft will be clear plastic walmart springers.
    and we will sit on a couch.......
    just think about it
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 11.05.11 23:47

poopdaddy wrote:
    Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:The threat of an all out ban, or even a partial gun ban is always there. California wanting to mandate and change a product to their liking is nothing new. As far as the cost of moving etc, thats just part of the game. Survival of the fittest.

i own a small motorcycle shop
    i don't get rich,the economy hurts me and sometimes i struggle.
    i do it for a love of motorcycles.people pass large shops all the time just to deal with me.not because i can offer more than a mega dealership(i can't),but because they see me for who i am,i treat them well and work hard for them.
    i am not one of the fittest.
    think of what you are saying
    airdog is a little guy,a small shop amoungst huge retailers and online mega stores.
    but they are GIANTS to all of us players.
    the little guys,the un-fit,the true airsoft enthusiast.
    these guys keep our sport alive,this law will hurt them.
    the big guys will move or just sell the next big thing.
    the little guys will die off and go back to a 9 to 5 and airsoft will be clear plastic walmart springers.
    and we will sit on a couch.......
    just think about it
    If you lived in CA you would have to worry about this kind of neon color gun thing as they are notorious for wanting to do things like this. Im not worried at all that it will spread to any other conservative state.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 12.05.11 1:12

correct me if i'm wrong, but does that bill prevent owners from painting their newly purchased brightly colored AEG?
    would AEG builder kits be exempt? i see this more of an inconvenience than a law to kill airsofting. how many players really skirmish with those orange tips?

airsoftcorps

Post  airsoftcorps 12.05.11 11:31

-a|ex wrote:correct me if i'm wrong, but does that bill prevent owners from painting their newly purchased brightly colored AEG?
    would AEG builder kits be exempt? i see this more of an inconvenience than a law to kill airsofting. how many players really skirmish with those orange tips?

Good point - you are all raising good points...I HOPE you guys are planning to discuss some of this on air so others can chime in and benefit from the conversation.

This is a live call in show for all players (me and my co-hosts included)...if you have a cool event coming up - tell us all...you know of a sweet place to play - tell us all...you got an uber awesome team that distributes pwnage like stupid crazy, and you want to shamelessly plug it on the show - tell us all! We are all players and being able to visit out on the field during (well, after and before) events is a big part of what makes airsoft so cool. We can talk about this one time, when this one guys was doing this and I got him while I was here or whatever...that's good stuff. We all like to hear and share good airsoft stories and info. That's one thing you will notice about Airsoft Corps, it exists for you - not us. The ego factor is not a factor for us - I pretty much suck, but I love to play...I love the fellowship and brotherhood...I love AIRSOFT. Do you? Call us.

And if you can’t catch it live, or you want to carry it with you to show your buddies that you were on the show, get the podcasts here:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/airsoft-corps-voice-airsoft/id437152363?i=93903629
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 12.05.11 16:26

-a|ex wrote:correct me if i'm wrong, but does that bill prevent owners from painting their newly purchased brightly colored AEG?

If your asking if they would require you to paint/color your airsoft toy a neon color even if it was bought pre-ban, I highly doubt it. Its a toy so making owners have to paint there guns is stupid, they would just simply make the guns in current production and all the guns that are for sale in the retail stores be recalled and the manufacturer over in China, Taiwan would have to change their product line to California Legal stuff, which they may or may not do. Good example is how Canada has Canadian Legal Airsoft guns which are clear and shoot crappily.
    airsoftcorps

Post  airsoftcorps 12.05.11 17:17

[/quote]If your asking if they would require you to paint/color your airsoft toy a neon color even if it was bought pre-ban, I highly doubt it. Its a toy so making owners have to paint there guns is stupid[/quote]

Like you, I don't see anything in this Bill that would require someone that already owns an AEG to color it a bright color. I didn't read that as the question being asked either. He asked "does that bill prevent owners from painting their newly purchased brightly colored AEG?" He is asking is there is anything stopping someone from painting a "newly purchased" already "brightly colored" airsoft device. Not in this particular Bill, no I don't see that.

Now, does that mean they won't intiate something to do just that? Who says they won't? I started to give an example, but I don't want to do any dirty work for them...in case they are looking, hehe. Shocked
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 12.05.11 21:51

Well obviously, if they initiate the neon color gun thing, they don't want you painting it black or another color as that would be defeating the purpose of the whole thing. If thats what your saying.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 12.05.11 22:21

Newnan Airsoft Player wrote:Well obviously, if they initiate the neon color gun thing, they don't want you painting it black or another color as that would be defeating the purpose of the whole thing. If thats what your saying.

what they want and what the bill specifies are two different things. just like the orange tips. must be sold with it, but no law prohibits the owner from removing or painting it black.
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 12.05.11 22:25

The way I see it now, no real sane airsofter really shows their airsoft guns in public and in sight of a on-duty officer anyway, just like how most of us don't have orange tips and could easily be mistaken for a real fire-arm. Unless they plan on raiding or monitoring airsoft games, I doubt they'd run around and say "HEY KID, we're arresting you/giving you a fine coz your airsoft gun looks like a real fire-arm", that just sounds stupid.

Post  Guest 12.05.11 22:44

I don't see this ever coming to GA. However, its still important to put out your opinion. It's not going to do anything really, given that we aren't taxpaying voters in CA, but still, something you say or a point you make could motivate CA voters to do something against it.
    airsoftcorps

Post  airsoftcorps 13.05.11 16:24

Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 14.05.11 8:14

Aggressor wrote:I don't see this ever coming to GA. However, its still important to put out your opinion. It's not going to do anything really, given that we aren't taxpaying voters in CA, but still, something you say or a point you make could motivate CA voters to do something against it.
    Very well said. I think there is a good chance that this will either not pass or be "revoked" as it will cause alot of heat.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 1:52