Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+4
Blaze
-a|ex
Newnan Airsoft Player
Skillez pure
8 posters

Combat Machine M4 Upgrade list help!

Skillez pure

Combat Machine M4 Upgrade list help! Empty Combat Machine M4 Upgrade list help!

Post  Skillez pure 22.05.11 21:56

Well recently i started getting really ROF crazy.

This is the stock gun:http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6554

I need a list to make this gun Really high ROF. I know i want it lipo ready. I herd that if i get a good mosfet that it would be able to handle a 11.1v. I know i would need a new piston and gears prob.

Please list everything i can upgrade and prices. I will be doing like $100 upgrade at a time.

Also if u have any spare parts that will help me please PM me. Im a younger kid so anything will help.

Also, I dont know if donations are aloud?

Please donate if aloud to: connor122@live.com

Thanks Guys,

CHAIRSOFTERS FAIL
    Newnan Airsoft Player
    Newnan Airsoft Player

Combat Machine M4 Upgrade list help! Empty Re: Combat Machine M4 Upgrade list help!

Post  Newnan Airsoft Player 22.05.11 22:33

I would suggest running on a 7.4 lipo, getting deans and mosfet and all that.

I am also accepting donations, at Stanfordjones23(at)yahoo.com. Via paypal.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Combat Machine M4 Upgrade list help! Empty Re: Combat Machine M4 Upgrade list help!

Post  -a|ex 23.05.11 0:02

visit airdogs and ask ryan how much to get crazy godly rof upgrade.
    you have a few options.
    -- DSG is the highest over 50 rps. not sure of cost, but it's not cheap.
    -- 11.1v with mosfet and short stroking. gets you around 45+ rps. you will need upgraded motor/pinion gear, piston and higher rate spring.requires grinding off sector and piston teeth
    -- 11.1v with mosfet and no short stroking. gets you around 30+ rps. you will need to upgrade motor/pinion gear and piston.
    -- 7.4v with mosfet and short stroking. also gets you around 30+ rps. requires grinding off sector and piston teeth. higher rate spring required.

you will also need air sealing upgrades and AOE adjustment.
    not sure what brand mags can feed rates above 50 rps.

here's a video i made for AOE adjustment
    Skillez pure

Post  Skillez pure 23.05.11 16:28

Well im new to airsofting ,

How do you shortstroke a piston?
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post  Blaze 23.05.11 16:45

Also either a Matrix Magnum motor or Matrix Turbo motor
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 23.05.11 16:58

Skillez pure wrote:Well im new to airsofting ,

Have you ever taken an airsoft gun apart before? If the answer is no then don't try to do it yourself because you'll end up with a bag of pieces...trust me lol If the answer is yes then take it to airdog. They'll get you squared away. Other people that work well with guns on this forum that i know of are poopdaddy and alex.
    Skillez pure

Post  Skillez pure 23.05.11 17:05

just some kid wrote:
    Skillez pure wrote:Well im new to airsofting ,

Have you ever taken an airsoft gun apart before? If the answer is no then don't try to do it yourself because you'll end up with a bag of pieces...trust me lol If the answer is yes then take it to airdog. They'll get you squared away. Other people that work well with guns on this forum that i know of are poopdaddy and alex.

I have taken my gun apart and opened the gearbox. I just dont know what shortstroking is...
    sniper2525
    sniper2525

Post  sniper2525 23.05.11 17:18

You do not want to short stroke your piston, or run a dsg set, go to airdog and your questions will be answered. Also Alex that is not the best way to adjust aoe. Its alot better to do it behind the piston head fyi.
    Silent_Option
    Silent_Option

Post  Silent_Option 23.05.11 18:03

While I don't know what shortstroking is always remember google is your friend.

And guys I don't think it's very fair to just keep replying, take it to airdog. While I agree airdog is your best bet some of us like to work on our own stuff and learn a thing or too, that's what these forums are for. To me airdog is the my fail safe or there if I don't have the time. If you want a professional job no doubt, take it ONLY to airdog because it will wind up there anyway.

As for your questions start with a good 20c discharge 7.4v and/or 11.1v lipo and go from there. More voltage will give you higher rof by general rule of thumb. I would suggest starting with a matrix turbo or systema magnum motor, high speed gears, steel bushings, o-ring air seal nozzle, non-metallic piston, and a smaller spring than stock that's not matrix brand, pack of shims, and a MOSFET from electioneer here on the forum, if you can catch him. Probably would be best to get a gaurder pinion gear especially if you go with a systema motor. Systema stock pinions are junk. The rest can be replaced when it goes out and IMO wouldn't be catastrophic to the other components.

If your not on a budget and don't want to do it your self take it to Ryan airdog. Best in the biz.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 23.05.11 18:39

i find it easier to spacer the cylinder head instead of adding weight to the piston. also, i sometimes put a layer of sorbo between the rubber washer and cylinder head. the hard rubber gives a good rebound for higher rps and softens the impact on v2 shells. i need to get thicker and harder sorbo for DMR builds. my current sorbo when not protected with the rubber washer shreds after 25k rounds. i've had a few piston failures using nylon spacers on the piston. with sp170, the metal rack pushed it's way through cutting the nylon washers and caused a lockup, motor went poof.

for medium rps (20-25) below 400 fps, piston spacers work well. i've been using piston spacers on my tavor until the gearbox finally cracked (during GA vs SC). my replacement gearbox is now using the spacer on the cylinder head.

i need to make a short stroke video. it's not that complicated. just grind off 1 or 2 teeth on both the piston and sector gear. then use a higher rate spring. i use SHS 14 teeth so just grinding off the release teeth doesn't require adding a slot spacer.
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 25.05.11 0:54

also the idea of 50 rps is insanely fast.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 9:26