Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

5 posters

What did i do wrong? (mosfet instillation)

wolf six

What did i do wrong? (mosfet instillation) Empty What did i do wrong? (mosfet instillation)

Post  wolf six 15.04.12 15:50

Ok, i recently picked up a mosfet and tried installing it last night. I used:
    this video as my reference,soldered everything properly, yet my weapon wont fire.
    What did i do wrong? (mosfet instillation) 100_3354
    What did i do wrong? (mosfet instillation) 100_3355
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

What did i do wrong? (mosfet instillation) Empty Re: What did i do wrong? (mosfet instillation)

Post  #CW!!ZERO 15.04.12 21:10

LOL where did you buy the mosfet?
    cagcmc@gmail.com

What did i do wrong? (mosfet instillation) Empty Re: What did i do wrong? (mosfet instillation)

Post  cagcmc@gmail.com 15.04.12 21:30

i think all three wires are supposed to go through the mosfet...

your positive wire just bypasses it...

i don't know all of the technical stuff about it, but all the ones I've seen have two wires connecting the battery and the mosfet, and three wire connecting the mosfet and the gearbox...

i think the reason that its not firing is because you don't even have the trigger connected to the battery through the positive wire
    the other wire is just the ground wire

What did i do wrong? (mosfet instillation) Scaled.php?server=301&filename=mosfetwrappedwn9
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 15.04.12 22:48

#CW!!ZERO wrote:LOL where did you buy the mosfet?

i bought it from EVIKE.

@ CAG
    so the tiny wire is a ground wire? I have both positive wires hooked to one trigger contact, and the third wire from the fet hooked to the other contact.
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 15.04.12 22:52

wolf six wrote:
    #CW!!ZERO wrote:LOL where did you buy the mosfet?

i bought it from EVIKE.

@ CAG
    so the tiny wire is a ground wire? I have both positive wires hooked to one trigger contact, and the third wire from the fet hooked to the other contact.

The smaller gauge wire is a trigger wire that goes to the trigger contacts.
    cagcmc@gmail.com

Post  cagcmc@gmail.com 16.04.12 7:33

the wire that you have labeled as negative wire 9the black wire) is the ground wire...
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 16.04.12 14:14

you hooked it up wrong lol!

you can swing by the shop with it and i will show you how to wire it
    you need the main power wire to pass thru (the old red wire solders together on the bottom contact of the switch) the switch
    the small power wire to hook to the top contact one the switch
    and the ground runs to the motor

surefire pigeon
    surefire pigeon

Post  surefire pigeon 16.04.12 17:11

cagcmc@gmail.com wrote:i think all three wires are supposed to go through the mosfet...

your positive wire just bypasses it...

i don't know all of the technical stuff about it, but all the ones I've seen have two wires connecting the battery and the mosfet, and three wire connecting the mosfet and the gearbox...

i think the reason that its not firing is because you don't even have the trigger connected to the battery through the positive wire
    the other wire is just the ground wire

What did i do wrong? (mosfet instillation) Scaled.php?server=301&filename=mosfetwrappedwn9
    Nope, red wire is free floating. In Wolf's fet it is just not tucked under the heat shrink.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 16.04.12 20:21

please type more clearly. I'm having a hard time understanding
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 16.04.12 22:38

wolf six wrote:please type more clearly. I'm having a hard time understanding

all of us?
    cagcmc@gmail.com

Post  cagcmc@gmail.com 16.04.12 22:54

poopdaddy wrote:you hooked it up wrong lol!

you can swing by the shop with it and i will show you how to wire it
    you need the main power wire to pass thru (the old red wire solders together on the bottom contact of the switch) the switch
    the small power wire to hook to the top contact one the switch
    and the ground runs to the motor

so the red wire (positive) runs through the mosfet... and the black wire (negative) should just connect the battery and the motor?
    im also about to try and install one of these... and mine ended up being just like dustys so...

Last edited by cagcmc@gmail.com on 16.04.12 23:18; edited 1 time in total
    surefire pigeon
    surefire pigeon

Post  surefire pigeon 16.04.12 23:03

surefire pigeon wrote:
    Nope, red wire is free floating. In Wolf's fet it is just not tucked under the heat shrink.
    The NEGATIVE (usually black) is in line with the MOSFET. The red wire can be a foot away, not touching the fet.....it does not connect in any way.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 17.04.12 13:24

poopdaddy wrote:
    wolf six wrote:please type more clearly. I'm having a hard time understanding

all of us?

yes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 17:34