Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

Recommended First Aid kits.

Twitch
    Twitch

Recommended First Aid kits.  Empty Recommended First Aid kits.

Post  Twitch 20.06.12 8:11

I know in airsoft. first aid usually just means some rubbing alcohol and a band aid. But for those interested in any sort of outdoor activity, legitimate first aid kits.

First off, I highly highly recommend Blue Force Gear TRAUMA KIT NOW. Having used this in a CLS situation here yesterday, I can say it is without a doubt the best IFAK I have used yet. Easy to get out and everything is layed out right in front of you ready to go.

Also, regular gauze and wrapping has its uses, but for a tramautic injury, You need something with more punch.. You need a combat gauze with Quikclot in it. It is expensive, but if you ever have to use it, you will be glad you have it.
    wolf six

Recommended First Aid kits.  Empty Re: Recommended First Aid kits.

Post  wolf six 20.06.12 17:45

I agree with you. I carry a kit with gause, butterfly strips,iodine, neosporin, tweezers, scissors, and rubber gloves.

what type of injury occured?
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 20.06.12 19:02

http://www.darkangelmedical.com/About.php

My section chief tried out this IFAK and thing's pretty compact and easy to grab stuff out of surprisingly.
    wolf six

Post  wolf six 20.06.12 22:00

flipa wrote:http://www.darkangelmedical.com/About.php

My section chief tried out this IFAK and thing's pretty compact and easy to grab stuff out of surprisingly.

that thing looks pretty sweet. how much?
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 20.06.12 23:11

Like $150+. Pretty steep for an IFAK I know but the reason he got it is coz the issued IFAKs are bulky, huge, and inconvenient plus it comes with everything already. The DARK is just as big as a single m4 mag pouch.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 22.06.12 6:48

Anything from DARK or North American Rescue is legit. I still prefer the tramua kit now over the dark, but to each his own>

Another thing you need to consider our pressure dressings, Tourniquets, and chest seals.

Standard first aid kit for a traumatic injury should consist of at least the following:
    Pressure Dressing
    2x Tourniquet
    2x Combat gauze
    Roll of medical tape
    2x Chest seal
    Standard Gauze
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 22.06.12 9:27

Our medic loves a lot of tape. He keeps telling us to have markers/sharpies in the IFAKs too.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 24.06.12 4:14

You definetly need something to write with, so either the flgiht medic (in wartime) or the EMS team (at airsoft) can tell what he has been treated with, what medications he has been given, vital stats like Pulse, breathing rate, where the tramuatic injuries are, and if neccessary, what time the tourniquet was applied.
    Chiles
    Chiles

Post  Chiles 24.06.12 10:42

I'm going to make a kit that has some SAM splints, normal saline for irrigation, GLOVES (remember, BSI's are your first priority! Protect yourself before others), Trauma shears, band aids (although I'd rather have tegaderm pads), etc. Basic trauma. Although anyone who wants to carry medical supplies should be familiar with how everything works, and maybe read up some BLS material. An ill-informed person helping someone injured will do more harm than good. We have two Advanced-EMT students on my team, myself and another player. I'm almost ashamed of myself that I haven't made a good kit for my gear yet!
    flipa
    flipa

Post  flipa 24.06.12 23:15

When I got to my unit, that was the first thing my chief checked on me. Was to see if I have a IFAK set up. I know to some it seems over the top, but you can never go wrong with a first aid kit.
    Chiles
    Chiles

Post  Chiles 24.06.12 23:26

flipa wrote:When I got to my unit, that was the first thing my chief checked on me. Was to see if I have a IFAK set up. I know to some it seems over the top, but you can never go wrong with a first aid kit.

It's one of those situations where you'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02.05.24 16:10