Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+11
Rock5
savoy6
Ghost
fallout11
Andy
just some kid
S.Horton
Miracle
poopdaddy
Rhino
Takfire
15 posters

AIRDOG Pistol Shoot Out - 09/29/12

Rhino
    Rhino

AIRDOG Pistol Shoot Out - 09/29/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: AIRDOG Pistol Shoot Out - 09/29/12

Post  Rhino 21.11.12 20:03

Ghost wrote:
    Rhino wrote:Sad but true. No more Airdog Airsoft retail store. We will still do a few 24 hour OP's and ACZ will still be up and running.

Why is it closing?

Not enough business, shrinking margins on products, plus the area is saturated with airsoft stores/cqb fields. Everyone and their mother has opened a airsoft store/field, not to mention the economy SUCKS hard!
    savoy6
    savoy6

AIRDOG Pistol Shoot Out - 09/29/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: AIRDOG Pistol Shoot Out - 09/29/12

Post  savoy6 21.11.12 20:33

^^^^^ that"s it, plus more reasons.....but i don't want to give my actual thoughts on the subject......will probably get me taken off here..lol...not like many people are on here anymore anyway...
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 21.11.12 20:42

Go ahead and enter your thoughts. They are welcomed. I'm about positive not one single person has been ban from the forum.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 21.11.12 21:45

ok....lol..you asked..
    airdog ,i feel,opened to fill a gaping void in the community...i.e. the lack of any fields near south /west/metro ATL...at the time the 2 major ones were in georgetown and athens...over a 2 hour drive each way for many of us...airdog filled that need with both a cqb field ,a separate outdoor field and a store..
    plus they worked to build the local community by not only holding events at their own facilities..but also sponsoring,,vending at,and running games at other local,and out of state, venues as well....largely contributing to the growth the north georgia scene has seen in the last 3 years..
    now that player base has been scattered because everyone and their brother with access to some type of warehouse of some kind has decided to try and cash in on the version of airsoft speedball that is what CQB has become here....while many people have issues with the way ss runs things, at least they have a good sized indoor field that has a lot of interesting features on it...and if it had ended with them,then the player base wouldn't have become as fractured as it is at this point.the community has gradually splintered into player groups that simply won't make any attempt to do anything except go to the field nearest them to the exclusion of any other type of outfit within the area....and/or because it's the closest field to their house and their parents are ignorant enough to think that somehow a living room sized indoor field,with 400+ limits, is "safer" than a larger outdoor event.it also stems from many of these younger players liking indoor fields because playing them takes little to no tactical skill in most cases.all they need to have is an ability to run the length of the field in 10 seconds and use a gun firing 30+rps to hose off half the field at any given time....these are the same kids that don't listen to anyone at larger outdoor events and usually get their butts handed to them regularly...and i won't even get into the idiotic concept that is "airsport",except to say if you are looking to take the "war" and "violence" aspects out of airsoft, then why even use guns of any kind in said sport?or even remotely pimp it on airsoft forums/...other than to try and poach as many people as possible...?now, i'm not against indoor stuff..it has it's place in any community of this size...but what do we have now ,like 7-8 indoor joints now? for me airsoft has always been a military simulation thing...units moving around,fighting meeting engagements, capturing things,flanking,ambushing,etc.....(God ,i sound like a MilSimer...lol)...not some speedball crap..i can see having stores in the area ,but this many fields?
    as for this forum....this used to be the nexus of the georgia airsoft community.....then suddenly,within a few months...it was pretty much dead...other than people occasionally selling something...why?..because most of the regular posters moved over to the Airsofters of Georgia FB page,bringing every other person possible with them...to what people told me was a community page for everyone ..but in reality, was set up to simply function as a free forum for EOA airsoft..and now they are demanding every business carry their EOA logo ,both in posts,event announcements, and physically displayed in their places of business...WTH?....while it's a clear bait and switch move,it does show a great understanding of how to use FB to "predator market" your business...personally i find this sort of under the table stuff to be BS and it has been detrimental to every community it has happened in ,SOCAL,the NE and other places....
    it really makes me wish i had the power of that insurance commercial where things that are a PITA to community just go "poof".....but then Paul and Deon would have "poofed" me out of here long ago...lol...now let's see how fast i'm booted from the AoG page...lol
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 21.11.12 22:25

I couldn't agree with you more! You hit the nail on the head in your post. Why everyone went to AOG page I have no idea.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 21.11.12 22:52

because all the kiddies posting "wat setup is bestez for 180rps" that laughed the hell out of by experienced players have free reign over there...and uhh i have a feeling some of the older players here....made great efforts to direct traffic over there ....but just look at the certain heavy posters who were here,until about 6-8 months ago,and who are now there...and at least one,posting stuff about how they want to "re-open their field"...cough,deon ,cough....lol..
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 21.11.12 23:58

sad thing is,the new players don't see the outdoor fields.
    they think airsoft is in a big room.
    when they get tired of it they will sell there gear and thats that.
    look on c-list at how many "getting out of airsoft" sales there are.
    its very sad.
    if you try and corner the market,you will kill the market.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 22.11.12 0:15

yep savoy pretty much got it. if you're not a regular at EOA then your opinion doesn't matter there.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 22.11.12 0:20

until just recently the owner over at EOA had a post up on his personal page that he was copy writing the words airsofters of georgia or any combo there of and for every one that had similar names of their face book pages or sites need to change them..good luck with that curtis...
    http://www.umuc.edu/library/libhow/copyright.cfm
    "What Cannot be Copyrighted?....
    Words, names, slogans, or other short phrases also cannot be copyrighted. However, slogans, for example, can be protected by trademark law."
    http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ34.pdf
    "Copyright law does not protect names, titles, or short phrases or expressions. Even if a name, title, or short phrase is novel or distinctive or lends itself to a play on words, it cannot be protected by copyright. The Copyright Office cannot register claims to exclusive rights in brief combinations of words such as:
    • Names of products or services
    • Names of businesses, organizations, OR GROUPS [emphasis mine] (including the names of performing groups)
    • Pseudonyms of individuals (including pen or stage names)
    • Titles of works
    • Catchwords, catchphrases, mottoes, slogans, or short advertising expressions"
    "The statute states clearly that ideas and concepts cannot be protected by copyright. To be protected by copyright, a work must contain a certain minimum amount of authorship in the form of original literary, musical, pictorial, or graphic expression. Names, titles, and other short phrases do not meet these requirements."
    if he did try,he'd be in for a real surprise considering that chuck over in Athens has been using "Georgia Airsoft" as a working business title since 1999...this whole concept of someone that willing to try and take over the coms of a whole community just to improve their revenue stream is just BS to me...as fractious as these forums were at times....they catered evenly to every business in the area...good outfits,bad ones, all got an even shake...and if they were great everyone knew about it...same if they sucked or were unsafe.....
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 22.11.12 0:56

but to clarify my post above at the top of the page.......the reason they left was because they were probably led over there by certain folks....lol..it's the only scenario that fits...
    fallout11
    fallout11

Post  fallout11 22.11.12 9:49

Savoy6 hit the nail on the head from my viewpoint. Saw many of the the same things happen to paintball 10-15 years ago, and now it's basically dead. Hope we do not follow the same path.
    Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 22.11.12 14:41

At first the Facebook page was not field specific as it is now. I have never been a big poster just respond to what interest me. Still look at this forum every day. I think a lot of the kids stay over on Facebook since they already on Facebook and most phones and tablets have apps.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 22.11.12 15:07

The problem with fb is it is not a forum, it is not setup for discussion. Post and topics get buried quickly. AOG is not for the people / players it is for a business to try and make more money. Just like when I was posting on there about airdogs sales I got a pm from the owner of EOA saying how he purchased the fb page and that I needed to change my wording because we didn't have the lowest prices in town, like I mentioned. When I asked what products we were higher on he couldn't tell me. I know for a fact we were lower on everything we had in stock, because everything but guns were cost or below cost and no business staying in business would sell for or below cost. I took it as if he was upset because we have lower prices and we were advertising on "his" fb page. Then not even a day after my conversation with him then there is a new rule about how vendors need to fly the EOA flag and crap. But it's whatever! I personally don't give a crap anymore, within a few days I will only be a player and will not be affiliated with any Airsoft store! I truly believe without AIRDOG, Airsoft would not be what it is in Atlanta.
    Rock5
    Rock5

Post  Rock5 22.11.12 15:45

You totally have it right. And you will not only be a player but an excellent freelance tech.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 22.11.12 16:03

Rock5 wrote:You totally have it right. And you will not only be a player but an excellent freelance tech.

And one of the people around who still "gets" what airsoft and airdog was about. I'm sad to see it go.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 22.11.12 17:20

i agree that AOG is an EOA FB site.

i was thinking of creating a FB group just for airsofters with no association to any field. not sure if it should be GA specific or global. nothing really wrong with EOA. i'm on there only to keep in touch with other airsofters that are not in my friends list. i try to avoid a large friend list because of the religious/political spamming.

as for lack of airsofter in the PTC area, there really hasn't been much advertisement. if you want more participants, just give away free Airdog T-shirts so it can be advertised in schools and local areas. if people don't know about, then it won't grow.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 22.11.12 17:30

that was the point to migrating all the young players over to the "community" page for EOA..right marvin?....they were already on fb and the way fb does it's feeds,if you are a member over there your own feed is constantly buried with stuff from that page...making it seem like it's the most active airsoft page on the planet.....so the kiddies feel like they are part of a "community"...(where i once got over 46 post into my feed in less than 5 minutes)...when in reality it only serves to keep EOA at the top of the list for FB airsoft pages...lol..if nothing else ,this is a great demonstration of how to market a business on fb...aside from all the scene destroying aspects of it......

-a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 22.11.12 17:49

FB group created:

Georgia Airsoft Community
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/510931835592468/

Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 22.11.12 18:15

I don't think you guys understand what Airsofter of Georgia is trying to accomplish. It's not the EOA logo that goes on ads but the AIRSOFTERS OF GEORGIA LOGO. The facebook page is trying to create a place for all the fields to advertise, that's why the banner changes to which ever field is having an event that day. Airdogs Zombie fest was heavily advertised there as well as SS Airsoft's Brian Holt Event. The reason that retailers were asked to but the AOG logo on there stuff to spread the word about airsoft in the state of Georiga. Ever been to the AOG website? It's to give information to the general public about airsoft.

There is different kinds of Airsoft. Milsim is one thing, and maybe your thing, but that doesn't mean that speed ball isn't someone else thing. A lot of kids play, it keeps Airsoft business in business. A lot of players that are my age and in college, aren't going out and buying expensive brand new guns or gear, but little thirteen years old with rich parents will certainly buy them all that and more for there birthday or christmas. Kids keep this business afloat. There will always be plenty of Ops and milsim events for those hard core places, why hate on the indoor fields? the bad ones will fail, but the good ones will stay around.

An Elite Ops employee started the Airsofters of Georgia facebook page, so it would make since most the people he invited at first were EOA regulars. The Manger of Elite Ops, Curtis, was trying to start a community thing here. To unite all Georgia airsofter players and have one main place to sell/trade and get information about places to play at. Other Retailers and fields are simply just not advertising enough in it, that's why it seems chalk full of Elite Ops Regulars. The man is doing wonders for the sport of airsoft, but most of his knowledge does come from indoor. Airsoft places, indoor and outdoor, get into a slump at the end of the summer. It's the way money goes. but most fields have a steady stream of regulars.

Haters Gonna Hate.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 22.11.12 18:27

Miracle wrote:I don't think you guys understand what Airsofter of Georgia is trying to accomplish. It's not the EOA logo that goes on ads but the AIRSOFTERS OF GEORGIA LOGO. The facebook page is trying to create a place for all the fields to advertise, that's why the banner changes to which ever field is having an event that day. Airdogs Zombie fest was heavily advertised there as well as SS Airsoft's Brian Holt Event. The reason that retailers were asked to but the AOG logo on there stuff to spread the word about airsoft in the state of Georiga. Ever been to the AOG website? It's to give information to the general public about airsoft.

There is different kinds of Airsoft. Milsim is one thing, and maybe your thing, but that doesn't mean that speed ball isn't someone else thing. A lot of kids play, it keeps Airsoft business in business. A lot of players that are my age and in college, aren't going out and buying expensive brand new guns or gear, but little thirteen years old with rich parents will certainly buy them all that and more for there birthday or christmas. Kids keep this business afloat. There will always be plenty of Ops and milsim events for those hard core places, why hate on the indoor fields? the bad ones will fail, but the good ones will stay around.

An Elite Ops employee started the Airsofters of Georgia facebook page, so it would make since most the people he invited at first were EOA regulars. The Manger of Elite Ops, Curtis, was trying to start a community thing here. To unite all Georgia airsofter players and have one main place to sell/trade and get information about places to play at. Other Retailers and fields are simply just not advertising enough in it, that's why it seems chalk full of Elite Ops Regulars. The man is doing wonders for the sport of airsoft, but most of his knowledge does come from indoor. Airsoft places, indoor and outdoor, get into a slump at the end of the summer. It's the way money goes. but most fields have a steady stream of regulars.

Haters Gonna Hate.

Doesn't seem to me that the AOG website is trying to advertise all the field in ga or trying to help the community. I certainly didn't see AIRDOG listed on the site. As a matter of fact I didn't see a lot of fields on there. I did however see a field listed that hasn't been in operation for some time now. For the community is tells people about all options of fields, telling people who has the best prices to try and save people money. I certainly am not hating on anyone nor am I saying you are referring to me, but I certainly don't think AOG is for the people.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 22.11.12 18:29

In other news I am looking forward to trying SS and EOA out. I haven't been able to play Airsoft in a long time. Can't wait to play a outdoor game also.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 22.11.12 18:31

Rhino wrote:In other news I am looking forward to trying SS and EOA out. I haven't been able to play Airsoft in a long time. Can't wait to play a outdoor game also.

EoA is a fun field to play. SS was kind of small but i haven't been since they expanded.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 22.11.12 18:32

just some kid wrote:
    Rhino wrote:In other news I am looking forward to trying SS and EOA out. I haven't been able to play Airsoft in a long time. Can't wait to play a outdoor game also.

EoA is a fun field to play. SS was kind of small but i haven't been since they expanded.
    I've heard it is much better since the expansion. I've heard only good stuff about EOA also.
    Erlkoenig
    Erlkoenig

Post  Erlkoenig 22.11.12 18:40

savoy, read before you post. never once was anybody told to sport the EOA logo. the AoG logo, yes, but not Elite Ops'. the new owner of the facebook page Airsofters of Georgia welcomes all fields and people to advertise on the page as long as they abide by the terms; which at this point is only to present yourself with honesty and to support AoG with a small Airsofters of Georgia logo on whatever ad you are attempting to promote. the only reason that the facebook page seems EOA dominated is because EOA is the one primarily taking advantage of the promotion opportunities. again, other fields are welcomed to step up.

just some kid wrote:if you're not a regular at EOA then your opinion doesn't matter there.

perhaps the problem merely lies with you. i have seen players from various fields post of AoG and they have all been as equally received as regulars at EOA.

just some kid wrote:Doesn't seem to me that the AOG website is trying to advertise all the field in ga or trying to help the community.

it is a fairly new webpage. i recommend going to the owner and request field(s) and information to be posted rather than complain that AoG is biased. he is a busy man and simply does not have the time for the most part, but i assure you that he tries his best.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 22.11.12 18:46

Erlkoenig wrote:savoy, read before you post. never once was anybody told to sport the EOA logo. the AoG logo, yes, but not Elite Ops'. the new owner of the facebook page Airsofters of Georgia welcomes all fields and people to advertise on the page as long as they abide by the terms; which at this point is only to present yourself with honesty and to support AoG with a small Airsofters of Georgia logo on whatever ad you are attempting to promote. the only reason that the facebook page seems EOA dominated is because EOA is the one primarily taking advantage of the promotion opportunities. again, other fields are welcomed to step up.

just some kid wrote:if you're not a regular at EOA then your opinion doesn't matter there.

perhaps the problem merely lies with you. i have seen players from various fields post of AoG and they have all been as equally received as regulars at EOA.

just some kid wrote:Doesn't seem to me that the AOG website is trying to advertise all the field in ga or trying to help the community.

it is a fairly new webpage. i recommend going to the owner and request field(s) and information to be posted rather than complain that AoG is biased. he is a busy man and simply does not have the time for the most part, but i assure you that he tries his best.

i don't post things unless i see something i want to buy, plan on attending something, etc. i'm talking about people promoting their fields, brands of guns, best way to do tech work, best parts, etc. I don't know much about internals but i did see everyone dogpile on the guy that was promoting allsport or whatever it's called.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26.04.24 10:40