Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+11
Rock5
savoy6
Ghost
fallout11
Andy
just some kid
S.Horton
Miracle
poopdaddy
Rhino
Takfire
15 posters

AIRDOG Pistol Shoot Out - 09/29/12

Miracle
    Miracle

AIRDOG Pistol Shoot Out - 09/29/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: AIRDOG Pistol Shoot Out - 09/29/12

Post  Miracle 22.11.12 18:51

Yeah, I was referring to Savory. But yeah, I guess the site has been a little outdated. The man has done a lot for the community in terms of north of Atlanta airsoft. Since we're more south, We don't see a lot it. I was just attempting to push back some of the ill directed comments. xD
    savoy6
    savoy6

AIRDOG Pistol Shoot Out - 09/29/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: AIRDOG Pistol Shoot Out - 09/29/12

Post  savoy6 22.11.12 18:53

@Mircle..haters gonna hate?.....what are you?..12?....

the issue is that curtis has specifically said that the AoG page was part of his business.he's also used that line to people that he's told to change the name of their page or site...of course one of his employee's started it....so he can always say "well, it's not my page' if it goes south...
    as for your contention that the area needed a place to communicate...
    there already was an existing place that had listings of events, retailers ,and such..that was also non-partisan and wasn't part of a retail outfit AND helped grow the community..it was here...other than group chat,fb is not set up for any even exchange of real electronic conversation like a forum like this is...hell,it won't even let you post over someone else without showing you their post first...
    trying to unite all the airsofters?...yeah, only to go to his page and his field....he's already said that no one can post anything without the logo for his page...how is that not trying to monopolize communications..?

@erlkoenig....did read the post on AoG..also read the post on curtis's personal page from the 15th of Oct....where he asked people to stop using any form of "airsofters of georgia"...since he was using the AoG page to build his business and was copy writing the term as well...last week, i mentioned to several regulars on the AoG page what i had seen and what i thought,..and wonder of wonders, within 48 hour that post was deleted...so i guess someone said something..new AoG owner...?...what, another of EOA's employees?
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 22.11.12 19:02

face book plain out sucks!!!!
    it's great if you want to chat like old women at a family reunion "did you see how big sara is gittin"
    but these forums offer so much more.if anything fb page should be for chit chat and you should direct
    players to any of the airsoft forums.the forums offer a way to weed out nonsense.
    you can learn who knows what they are talking about and who is full of crap.
    cross promote
    offer discounts with receipts from other fields
    and as for the cqb fields they need to promote outdoors as well.
    if you own a cqb field you will sell a player .2 bbs and a sub 400 gun.
    if you promote the outdoor play you can sell that player .2s for and a sub 400 gun,.3s and a + 500 sniper.
    more mags,and more gear.if you try to keep them in cqb they will get bored,its only a matter of time.
    to grow airsoft we need to promote airsoft.if you get some of your players to try other venues it makes sense
    they will bring players back to your venue.that makes you one of the guys that love airsoft,not one of the guys thats only in it for the money.hold unified comps at 3 or 4 fields both outdoor and cqd.
    the more options players have the less likely they are to quit.
    promote the play not the page,forum,or field.
    never once have i seen maa,team airsoft,asoc,or third coast make venues or stores fly there banner.
    just my 2 cents
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 22.11.12 19:07

^^^^^^^^^
    QFT
    Miracle
    Miracle

Post  Miracle 22.11.12 19:21

This place isn't what it use to be. It's not reaching out to anyone, or bringing in new people. Most the people here were south of Atlanta and Airdog regulars. It was hard to get events from here because no one really posted anything. It was helping the older generation of airsofters. I think the AOG facebook page has been working out find. I've sold stuff on there faster then I have here and since it was reaching out to more people, better offers. The creator of the AOG page had been airsofting for a long time, and never heard of MMA. Same with a lot of people.

He bought Airsofters of Georgia. He's not making any money off it, he's just trying to make a popular place to get information. One popular place to info and not getting it scatter around. Why wouldn't he copy right the name? He's working hard to unite airsoft in Georiga.

Elite Ops has a wide group of regulars, and players. A huge fan base. A lot of people play there, but also other places. Airsofter of Georgia has been trying to promote other retailers and fields since ownership changed. You haven't been doing your part to help, so I don't see why your complaining. Posts disappear. I can assure you that the intention wasn't to help promote Elite Ops, but all fields.
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 22.11.12 19:49

well just as an aside....he can't copy write the name....see page three here for applicable precedents...

ok..so now we see what this is....this is the place with all of us "old people" that go loud quickly on stupid posts like those about "which gunz is shood i get?" or "which set up is bestez for 80rps at 450 fps?"...(yeah,that crap my feed was BURIED in from AOG for the weeks that i WAS a member, and that lived a short life on here...)
    so you don't see how a business owner used catering to some disaffected younger players to get started,and then to fill up his page with all their friends?....much like a marketing pyramid scheme....

and another thing you said..."uniting airsoft"....with 12 years in this....as soon as i hear that ,it always get's followed with some plan to make money of the group or run them in some fashion....
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 22.11.12 20:37

though i will say i do like the cleanness of the georgia airsoft community page on FB......lol though that will probably change as more folks come on...good luck with it mr marcelo...though i see curtis has already opened fire to some extent....
    Erlkoenig
    Erlkoenig

Post  Erlkoenig 22.11.12 20:52

savoy6 wrote: ok..so now we see what this is....this is the place with all of us "old people" that go loud quickly on stupid posts like those about "which gunz is shood i get?" or "which set up is bestez for 80rps at 450 fps?"...(yeah,that crap my feed was BURIED in from AOG for the weeks that i WAS a member, and that lived a short life on here...)
    so you don't see how a business owner used catering to some disaffected younger players to get started,and then to fill up his page with all their friends?....much like a marketing pyramid scheme....

and another thing you said..."uniting airsoft"....with 12 years in this....as soon as i hear that ,it always get's followed with some plan to make money of the group or run them in some fashion....

or perhaps it is a place where you can go to talk down on the younger generations. i rarely see anyone over at AoG talking like that. the instances when i do, the posters are usually well underage. in which case, why criticize them? be the mature person in the situation and let the children be unless you are going to mentor them in a respectable manner that they will look up to rather than a condescending one.

you should really try opening your own airsoft field some day and see what it takes. because if you have, then you should be having no problem understanding just how much work and money goes into a business. especially one as specialized as airsoft. Curtis puts in so much work and money into EOA for free. and what he does make money off of, it is not much. you are antagonizing a man that is passionate about airsoft just because he is trying to promote his business and expand on the airsoft community.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 22.11.12 20:59

poopdaddy wrote:face book plain out sucks!!!!
    it's great if you want to chat like old women at a family reunion "did you see how big sara is gittin"
    but these forums offer so much more.if anything fb page should be for chit chat and you should direct
    players to any of the airsoft forums.the forums offer a way to weed out nonsense.
    you can learn who knows what they are talking about and who is full of crap.
    cross promote
    offer discounts with receipts from other fields
    and as for the cqb fields they need to promote outdoors as well.
    if you own a cqb field you will sell a player .2 bbs and a sub 400 gun.
    if you promote the outdoor play you can sell that player .2s for and a sub 400 gun,.3s and a + 500 sniper.
    more mags,and more gear.if you try to keep them in cqb they will get bored,its only a matter of time.
    to grow airsoft we need to promote airsoft.if you get some of your players to try other venues it makes sense
    they will bring players back to your venue.that makes you one of the guys that love airsoft,not one of the guys thats only in it for the money.hold unified comps at 3 or 4 fields both outdoor and cqd.
    the more options players have the less likely they are to quit.
    promote the play not the page,forum,or field.
    never once have i seen maa,team airsoft,asoc,or third coast make venues or stores fly there banner.
    just my 2 cents

Cross promotion sounds like a great idea. This will help the stores grow and promote each others fields/stores. why doesn't someone introduce this to the people at the fields up there?
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 22.11.12 21:50

give you truth is it..lol..ok....i'll let you in on something that alan or ken or any other long time field operator could tell you...there's little to no money in airsoft..always has been ..the profit margins in this hobby are too narrow for a bunch of folks in a confined metro area to have a set up every ten miles..so pretty soon everyone starts to try and capture larger segments of the community,which fractures it,and then the next step is that they all work as hard as possible to drive each other out of business.then there's nothing but a bunch of player cliques,all pissed at each other,who can't be brought together for an event larger than 20 people...cough,alabama,NW florida,sections of SOCAL,ohio,cough... ..i've seen it again and again and again..ad nauseaum

as per younger players....i have nothing against them..hell,my kids started at 8-9 years old..they are the future of the hobby..the issue is that myself and a lot of the older players have noticed and commented on is the lack of any willingness or ability of many of the players coming into the hobby in the last few years to view any sort of constructive advice or criticism as anything other than us "talking down to them"..because we haven't made 30 posts in the last half hour on their FB team/field/store page ,we must not be real players...or because we aren't taking our guns apart every five minutes, we couldn't possibly know anything...hence the current trend of age specific teams here lately....(though this has been going on for years on the west coast and mid-west)...point is that what is wrong with this was found in your own statement...
    you are antagonizing a man that is passionate about airsoft just because he is trying to promote his business and expand on the airsoft community.

my point is what is being done ,i've already seen it being attempted numerous times,and it always ends up hurting the area's groups more than anything...
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 22.11.12 22:06

Agreed! No Airsoft field wants to help any other one! They are only worried about themselves. Hell no one in the Atlanta area but AIRDOG did games at multiple venues. We would do a game at any cool location we could get our hands on. We did multiple games at a school, we did the old cotton mill, 6 different outdoor places. Our 8 hour OP blackhawk had over 200 players. All these other places are only worried about there 15,000- 30,000 sqft warehouse. Those environments do not support real games where you can use real tactics with any real amount of players.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 22.11.12 22:11

When we were doing games at cool locations none of these fly by night places even existed. It's not easy trying to find other locations and if everyone worked together there could be some seriously cool games. Just think about if one of the companies found a cool location and every store / field was involved and directed all of there players to that one time unique event. But instead it's who's dick is bigger and who has the best field. Ours is 20,000 sqft well ours is 20,001 sqft! Who gives a damn crap!
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 22.11.12 22:31

once again..^^^^^QFT...
    #CW!!ZERO
    #CW!!ZERO

Post  #CW!!ZERO 24.11.12 14:29

Airsoft for me began, as it did for most of us, in my backyard with a group of about 20 kids. We played for many years but soon got tired of our 7 acre plot of land. As we were about to sell all of our guns and gear we heard of a store called Airdog Airsoft. These group of guys were what saved and expanded our involvement in airsoft as they were for many other groups of players. Airdog was one of a very few stores that I can say was for the community. I witnessed many attempts of them attempting to make the sport flourish in many different ways with all types of players. I met many of my long time buddies through Airdog and back when we played it was a more intense group of players. Most of us respected the sport and knew what was expected of us in order to promote player growth in the community. Back in the day I was the leader of what was probably the most feared airsoft team in all of Georgia, with that came some responsibility that I dont see many teams have anymore. I would weekly get emails from people all over the world asking me what was in my weapons, or what gear we ran and how to become like us. Most of these hot shot teams nowadays think their crap dont stink and I watch quietly as these teams destroy what airsoft was for us as they disrespect many airsoft players values and morals and their want to have fun. I am now out of the phase of my weekly playing as I am in school and about to graduate. You can believe me when me nor none of my guys will get back into airsoft if the only fields that exist are these small shoot up as many little kids as you can type fields exist. Airsoft was meant to be a more mature player base sport, hence why you have to be 18 to purchase an airsoft gun, Airdog provided that field for the more intense players. The ones who werent afraid to get shot point blank. I understand that these new fields are just trying to make a buck but they are in no way trying to expand the sport. I have never seen any of these fields host games at any other venues as the way Airdog did. It is sad to see them go as they were my best buds but sometimes the community isnt ready for what extreme sports have to offer. I know without Airdog that airsoft would not have been what it is in the Atlanta area period....
    savoy6
    savoy6

Post  savoy6 24.11.12 21:33

wish i could post something this coherent on FB......well said man,well said...
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 24.11.12 23:35

I agree. Well said Russel. And I may have been a part of the "younger crowd" at many of the first airdog games I went to, but they made the game what it is. Op old school, Op Fear, you don't see any games like that anymore...
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 25.11.12 4:22

man i remember my first games back at vineyards using the rental G36's. those were the best
    fallout11
    fallout11

Post  fallout11 25.11.12 10:57

Eloquently said gentlemen.

Personally I visit electronic destinations (such as MAA) looking for event information, and am not interested in 25+ posts arguing over "which gun am bestez" by people with <1 year experience, and endless streams of "for sale" and "looking to buy" posts. I don't care about your broken gun or pile of parts or what you bought recently. Unfortunately that's how FB groups/posts work, so they fail in that the good info is buried under the shite.

The South Carolina and North Carolina airsoft communities have it figured out, while Georgia falls apart. They now receive my event fees and travel dollars.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 25.11.12 12:17

fallout11 wrote:
    The South Carolina and North Carolina airsoft communities have it figured out, while Georgia falls apart. They now receive my event fees and travel dollars.

they still suck at airsofting... LoL

FB is a great way to contact players to organize events, car pooling, find parts, etc... it's not a forum. like any social gathering, there will be off topic or don't care for posts. it's real time information base, not a storage media like forums. i consider it as a web chat service.

the problem with airsofting is that the demand on the south end is decreasing while demand in the north end is increasing. someone needs to step up and start advertising or organizing airsoft demo's are public events. it would also be worthwhile to advertise ACZ games at gamestop in PTC. there are many that don't even know what airsoft is.
    Ghost
    Ghost

Post  Ghost 25.11.12 13:55

-a|ex wrote:
    fallout11 wrote:

they still suck at airsofting... LoL

FB is a great way to contact players to organize events, car pooling, find parts, etc... it's not a forum. like any social gathering, there will be off topic or don't care for posts. it's real time information base, not a storage media like forums. i consider it as a web chat service.

the problem with airsofting is that the demand on the south end is decreasing while demand in the north end is increasing. someone needs to step up and start advertising or organizing airsoft demo's are public events. it would also be worthwhile to advertise ACZ games at gamestop in PTC. there are many that don't even know what airsoft is.

Alright heres the deal, I live in PTC so I know the demographic. Most kids in PTC have money to spend, whether it be theirs or their parents, If someone where to open an airsoft or paintball place close, it would make money if well advertised. you cant tell me it wouldnt. would there be a lot of little kiddies running around? yes. Is that such a bad thing? no. we all started out that way.

And Harris, G36c = win. those were the T**s man.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 25.11.12 14:41

get the word out.
    if you are on fb then talk about the forum.
    let the new players know about it.if they check this site out once a week they will find more games and ops.if we get players out of the warehouses on into the outdoor fields it will generate a larger player base for all.players will buy outdoor gear as well as cqb gear.they will play a big game once a month or so,and get there fix in the cqb to hold them over.a big op will help the cqb fields,it will generate more interest in airsoft,sell gear,bbs,and guns to support the outdoor style of play,pull players into cross gaming (outdoor,cqb).and grow the sport.
    just some kid
    just some kid

Post  just some kid 25.11.12 16:54

i need some flyers or something to hand out at work. like pamphlets or something. tons of people come through and i'm sure my manager wouldn't mind it
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 25.11.12 17:11

i will get you some
    gonna do cards with field info and maybe a 10% discount
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 25.11.12 20:37

Yea, business cards.....what is that place that gives you a ton for "FREE"? We could put them in local stores....The ARBunker....on hwy34 would be great. They sell some airsoft stuff as well.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 26.11.12 4:01

I believe we were the last players to play at the airdog facility. I was at there for one of airdog's first games, OP: Tacforce. Pretty fitting that I was there for this last one.

Picture of Dagger Unit taken on Friday. while the rest of the world was shopping we were training. Yeah we are still around, we spend most of our money on real guns, ammo, and gear now. but we still recognize airsoft as a valuable training tool, and we had a blast at our MOUT training friday.

AIRDOG Pistol Shoot Out - 09/29/12 - Page 3 00112

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.03.24 5:52