Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

4 posters

Want to make a MFR greenside kit

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Want to make a MFR greenside kit Empty Want to make a MFR greenside kit

Post  Admin 04.06.09 21:21

I'll be basing it off of this picture: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img452/2909/10ki7.jpg

Things I have:
    MARPAT MCU's.
    Alta kneepads
    ALICE setup

Need:
    M4, AGM GBBr
    USMC combat boots (I'll probably buy these last, as I've got really nice hiking boots I'm using right now. So when those wear out, I'll get these.)

Other stuff I'm getting:
    Aimpont w/ cantilever mount
    Knight's VFG, maybe repro
    MARPAT boonie

Anything else you can think off I'm missing? Don't necessarily want to shell out for an MEU(SOC) pistol, but I might sometime in the future... What kind of holster should I get if I do?
    Spectre
    Spectre

Want to make a MFR greenside kit Empty Re: Want to make a MFR greenside kit

Post  Spectre 05.06.09 23:05

Be prepared to spend a pretty penny for the USMC boots. They aren't cheap, and I have found them to be rather difficult to find used. Honestly, unless you really want the USMC logo, then there is nothing wrong with a good pair of surplus boots. They get the job done well and won't cost you as much. However, if you are going for realism, I would be happy to recommend a number of websites for what you are looking for. Just shoot me a PM.

I would also recommend going for a dropleg/thigh style holster as it will keep your sidearm out of the way of your LBV. Just my two cents on the matter.

Nice setup though, it should look really good.
    Dirkastan
    Dirkastan

Post  Dirkastan 17.06.09 22:53

this would look better imo

https://2img.net/h/i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg265/wombraider64/DSC01157.jpg

hope he doesnt mind I borrowed it

oh and those guys dont look like mfr, they look more like infantry, and if anything I would say they look like airsofters rather than real deal. just my .02

Post  Guest 17.06.09 23:12

Just looking at those guys they must have some prior experience in the military at least. Their stance and their uniform body mass, their thick necks and developed forearms, thats what the Beret Members all look like. Not airsofter I am almost sure of it. Once you are around those kind of people long enough you can spot one in civilian clothing with a beard and shaggy hair no problem.

If youll also notice they are all wearing watches (for timehack purposes), they area ll wearing the standard issue ALICE rig that they give out at training, their stuff is held together by 100mph tape and 550 cord. That is definitly some unit in a training phase under the U.S. military.
    Dirkastan
    Dirkastan

Post  Dirkastan 18.06.09 13:03

Aggressor Dog wrote:Just looking at those guys they must have some prior experience in the military at least. Their stance and their uniform body mass, their thick necks and developed forearms, thats what the Beret Members all look like. Not airsofter I am almost sure of it. Once you are around those kind of people long enough you can spot one in civilian clothing with a beard and shaggy hair no problem.

If youll also notice they are all wearing watches (for timehack purposes), they area ll wearing the standard issue ALICE rig that they give out at training, their stuff is held together by 100mph tape and 550 cord. That is definitly some unit in a training phase under the U.S. military.

could be, I'm not doubting you, but it could also be some serious milsimers who work out alot. You can never know unless we knew the origin of the pics.
    firby911
    firby911

Post  firby911 18.06.09 18:18

Dusty that picture is legit. Its from a usmc training thing that was in Hawaii iirc. Here is a link that has alot of good info in it but a lot of it is da and quite lengthy but makes for a good read if you're bored.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=156309&hl=force+recon+greenside

another one

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=71456.0

You wouldn't run a pistol for greenside but if you want one get a safariland 6004 for it,no question. If you want something other than alice there is quite a few pics of them running flc's and hsgi denalli(sp).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 27.04.24 16:50