Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+43
#CW!!ZERO
sgtgray
LORD TYRANT
Crazy Twitch
xyzpdq0121
theangryschnoodle
Thrush
G force
dustinlanham
bbuba68
Blaze
zachbarren
sniper2525
BIochemist
wolf six
Rhino
HavenUnitOctopus
Rambo
Esteban
capt_camo
savoy6
flipa
NJSC
Badfish
Blackhawk 5
Andy
fallout11
n2daizo123
Takfire
AlphaRomeo
Retherford
Twitch
ownage1
ILovePie:)
gapairsoft
-a|ex
Ghost
poopdaddy
just some kid
Bulldog94
superchrisguy
Gunny1.5
Garrett
47 posters

The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA

Ghost
    Ghost

The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA - Page 2 Empty Re: The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA

Post  Ghost 13.01.11 21:35

im tan
    just some kid
    just some kid

The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA - Page 2 Empty Re: The Delimitation Conflict - SC v/s GA

Post  just some kid 13.01.11 21:54

is each state being assigned a color? if so then can we fight on the other side if we get a color we don't want?
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 13.01.11 22:02

just some kid wrote:is each state being assigned a color? if so then can we fight on the other side if we get a color we don't want?

I'm in the process of working that stuff out now. I am using the argument that since we have to pay for gas getting up there, we should choose what color we want to be so we don't also have to buy uniforms. I'm sure we could swap sides and whatnot, but, being a border war kind of thing, I suggest we all try and be on the same team. Personally, I have probably played with more of the SC guys than the Ga guys, so I'm looking forward to fighting on the Ga side. I have both camo colors, so I am prepared to go with whatever the vote says.

Post  ILovePie:) 13.01.11 23:55

well why wouldnt u want to play for GA if ur from georiga!? i think we should go and kick SC butts Very Happy.

but i vote for tan Very Happy
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 13.01.11 23:56

AIRDOG Coalition Forces (ACF) will be there!
    n2daizo123
    n2daizo123

Post  n2daizo123 14.01.11 0:26

ILovePie:) wrote:well why wouldnt u want to play for GA if ur from georiga!? i think we should go and kick SC butts Very Happy.

but i vote for tan Very Happy
    Its not going to be an easy task, make sure everyone gets the word out on this game. Ga needs a good number of people to win this.
    Garrett
    Garrett

Post  Garrett 14.01.11 1:26

Alpha is predominantly green uniforms such as: M81 BDU's, Woodland MarPat, Flecktarn, Tiger.

Bravo is predominantly tan uniforms such as: Desert MarPat, MultiCam, Desert BDU's.

Typically these are our balance colors Black BDU's, Private Military Contractor, ACU, Urban Digi, civilian, etc, and go to whomever needs the numbers. But in this case they will be considered tan.

Some of our guys have also been mentioning colored arm bands. I don't know how you guys feel about that, but we have never ran a game with em.

Gunny1.5
    Gunny1.5

Post  Gunny1.5 14.01.11 2:11

I think we should go with the ARM bands, if it is a border war then it will be difficult for everyone to JHeng the right camp patterns, I know a few people who still don't wear military camp, but stick to realtree or civies
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 14.01.11 11:25

Arm bands sound appropriate.

Post  Guest 14.01.11 11:27

At FuldaGap there was 400+ people, and NO ARM BANDS. And that went off without any hiccups. I don't see why arm bands would be needed here.
    poopdaddy
    poopdaddy

Post  poopdaddy 14.01.11 11:37

Garrett wrote:Alpha is predominantly green uniforms such as: M81 BDU's, Woodland MarPat, Flecktarn, Tiger.

Bravo is predominantly tan uniforms such as: Desert MarPat, MultiCam, Desert BDU's.

Typically these are our balance colors Black BDU's, Private Military Contractor, ACU, Urban Digi, civilian, etc, and go to whomever needs the numbers. But in this case they will be considered tan.

Some of our guys have also been mentioning colored arm bands. I don't know how you guys feel about that, but we have never ran a game with em.

? black tiger?
    Garrett
    Garrett

Post  Garrett 14.01.11 12:34

The armband idea was just out of respect so no one from GA would have to buy new camo. I personally would rather it be Alpha or Bravo, green or tan.
    superchrisguy
    superchrisguy

Post  superchrisguy 14.01.11 14:39

Just wondering, but where did you get the idea for the camo vs. camo type game?

They did the same thing at the AI500 game in Europe.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 14.01.11 15:38

There are MANY ops around the world who use camo vs camo instead of arm bands. Personally, I like camo vs. camo better, although it can be difficult to differentiate between some camos (such as multicam and woodland) at longer ranges.
    fallout11
    fallout11

Post  fallout11 14.01.11 16:53

In fact, most big events everywhere use some sort of specific uniform requirements, and has been that way since the early 2000's at least. Arm bands or arm tape was very much a "paintball" thing that got adopted by smaller events and walk-on field days. On the flip side, as Alpha Romeo pointed out distinguishing a particular pattern from another can sometimes be difficult, especially if one is unfamiliar with it, the lighting is bad (dusk, dawn, night, etc), or at range (or some combination thereof). However, short of requiring everyone on a side to be in a "uniform" uniform (lol!), as real standard military forces of the world do, it is a good compromise and one that is widely seen.
    Garrett
    Garrett

Post  Garrett 14.01.11 17:50

All AOSC games are camo vs camo. It is a little hard with multicam, but your eyes will train to it after a while.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 14.01.11 17:52

AlphaRomeo wrote:There are MANY ops around the world who use camo vs camo instead of arm bands. Personally, I like camo vs. camo better, although it can be difficult to differentiate between some camos (such as multicam and woodland) at longer ranges.

I think that adds to the nature of the game and real life for that fact because you don't know if you're shooting at the enemy or your own team.
    Andy
    Andy

Post  Andy 14.01.11 19:00

"camo vs camo" is pretty awesome....until the BG's start dressing in civi's and dropping weapons on the ground so they blend in with the crowd......oh wait...sry. Was thinking of a different time/place. I like the idea. Realism. A shooter has to have PID (positive ID) of the intended target.

Now, if the rule comes out that you MUST be in a certain uniform to be on a certain side....THAT is the friggin RULE!!! I along with many others I'm sure, hate the "well what if I....", or the "can I just....". My answer would be "well what if you just wear the correct uniform?"

I really hope I can figure out how to get to this one. It is a few months away so I have no idea what my work schedule will be.
    -a|ex
    -a|ex

Post  -a|ex 14.01.11 19:09

camo vs camo should be no problem if everyone uses radios. i'm gona look in my storage boxes for the radios, i should have at least 6. not sure if they take battery packs or not.

-a|ex
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 14.01.11 23:25

Spoke with Garrett earlier this evening.
    GA players will wear tan colors (DCU, Multicam, Desert Choc. chip, PMC load outs, civilian wear, etc..)
    Let's rally up and have a strong showing!

ACF information coming soon for this event.
    Twitch
    Twitch

Post  Twitch 15.01.11 0:12

Might be able to make this one if we have that weekend off. Its still a few months out so we will see.
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 15.01.11 23:00

Okay people, looks like the uniform situation is worked out (Ga will be tan patterns). Now we need a CO and an XO. I will list some basic requirements for the positions so we have a starting point and whoever thinks they will be good for the job should post their interest, as well as a few things that the bring to the table that would make them better at the job.

CO: Should be okay with hanging back and giving orders (not seeing as much action) when necessary. The CO will be in charge of handing out assignments to the various squads during the game.
    Should bring AT LEAST one radio. Obviously this would help to keep in touch with what is going on around the field.
    Should be able to organize a defense for our base. If he's there, might as well guard the place.

XO: Basically in charge of assisting the CO with planning.
    Will also assist the CO by giving detailed reports from the field about enemy whereabouts, troop placement, etc.

If anyone can think of anything else to add, I will edit the post and add your suggestions.
    Garrett
    Garrett

Post  Garrett 17.01.11 20:59

main thread updated
    AlphaRomeo
    AlphaRomeo

Post  AlphaRomeo 17.01.11 21:51

You do the music in that video Garrett? It's pretty awesome.
    Garrett
    Garrett

Post  Garrett 17.01.11 23:50

Sure did. Thanks for the props. That's just a portion of the actual sound track though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 09.05.24 23:00