Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+19
Admin
Bulldog94
XXX
reconsniperga
Rhino
Q-bald
Spectre
navyseal1000
Tinman
weed
Takfire
{PWNY}Dragon
MagisterMortis
scooter
Radar
#CW!!ZERO
NJSC
Alpine
23 posters

SAAL Games RPG field (pistol knives shotgun's)

Spectre
    Spectre

SAAL Games RPG field (pistol knives shotgun's) - Page 3 Empty Re: SAAL Games RPG field (pistol knives shotgun's)

Post  Spectre 01.07.09 22:47

Agreed. During an SAAL game, we are all dedicated airsofters, and I believe that there should not be an MED. I think it is ridiculous to expect me to remember to put my gun on semi if I see someone up close and personal. I have no problem getting shot. I am a big boy and it doesn't hurt forever. (As demonstrated by the BB grenade for those of you who saw it) I believe that MED should be suspended for SAAL games, because we all have accepted that it is possible to get shot at point blank.

As for blind fire, I agree, it is a legitimate strategy and should in no way be illegal. I also agree with Paul however that sticking your gun over the top of cover and then sticking your head out the side and directing your stream is not a legitimate strategy. It cheapens the nature of the game. Airsoft is an inherently MilSim game and it should be treated as such. This is not paintball. Believe me, I know.
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

SAAL Games RPG field (pistol knives shotgun's) - Page 3 Empty Re: SAAL Games RPG field (pistol knives shotgun's)

Post  reconsniperga 01.07.09 23:01

Spectre wrote: Airsoft is an inherently MilSim game and it should be treated as such. This is not paintball. Believe me, I know.
    And THAT is the main reason I play airsoft...

For the no MED proposal. I would agree with it, but when at those distances, use common sense...I mean, if I'm getting hit all up in the face, and you see the bb's hitting my face and I don't call hit because I'm saying ouch and not returning fire, don't keep shooting lol. Thats the main thing I would be worried about, is just someone not using common sense.
    Radar
    Radar

Post  Radar 01.07.09 23:19

I think there should be no MEDs. I know how it feels. I wear a belt, no vest, and a thin t shirt. I know what it's like to be shot under 15 feet. We do sign a wavier to play which pretty much signs our life away. The guns are made to be non-lethal, and I do understand the young players thing. But if they are out there with the big boys, then they should play with the big boys. They're 6mm plastic balls, not real bullets. I think that yes, while it may protect people, that if someone with the intent to kill you is coming at you in a combat scenario, they won't stop and check for a MED. They'll keep coming and coming and coming until they are right up on you, still shooting.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 01.07.09 23:22

WP_Radar wrote:I think there should be no MEDs. I know how it feels. I wear a belt, no vest, and a thin t shirt. I know what it's like to be shot under 15 feet. We do sign a wavier to play which pretty much signs our life away. The guns are made to be non-lethal, and I do understand the young players thing. But if they are out there with the big boys, then they should play with the big boys. They're 6mm plastic balls, not real bullets. I think that yes, while it may protect people, that if someone with the intent to kill you is coming at you in a combat scenario, they won't stop and check for a MED. They'll keep coming and coming and coming until they are right up on you, still shooting.

You must also understand that this is still a game, and we want these young kids out there so that our sport grows. We do not want to scare them away by shooting the from 5 feet away. It is exactly those kind of thoughts that are the reason for paintball dying as a sport. I personally want to see airsoft thrive, so please use good judgement and common sense when playing. Don't be stupid. It is just a game in the end. Just don't get overzealous about it.
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 01.07.09 23:31

Spectre wrote:
    WP_Radar wrote:I think there should be no MEDs. I know how it feels. I wear a belt, no vest, and a thin t shirt. I know what it's like to be shot under 15 feet. We do sign a wavier to play which pretty much signs our life away. The guns are made to be non-lethal, and I do understand the young players thing. But if they are out there with the big boys, then they should play with the big boys. They're 6mm plastic balls, not real bullets. I think that yes, while it may protect people, that if someone with the intent to kill you is coming at you in a combat scenario, they won't stop and check for a MED. They'll keep coming and coming and coming until they are right up on you, still shooting.

You must also understand that this is still a game, and we want these young kids out there so that our sport grows. We do not want to scare them away by shooting the from 5 feet away. It is exactly those kind of thoughts that are the reason for paintball dying as a sport. I personally want to see airsoft thrive, so please use good judgement and common sense when playing. Don't be stupid. It is just a game in the end. Just don't get overzealous about it.

Awesome Points! That is the reason Airdog allows the younger players to play where every other field does not! We want the sport to grow and they are the next generation players!
    reconsniperga
    reconsniperga

Post  reconsniperga 01.07.09 23:33

Rhino wrote:
    Spectre wrote:

You must also understand that this is still a game, and we want these young kids out there so that our sport grows. We do not want to scare them away by shooting the from 5 feet away. It is exactly those kind of thoughts that are the reason for paintball dying as a sport. I personally want to see airsoft thrive, so please use good judgement and common sensewhen playing. Don't be stupid. It is just a game in the end. Just don't get overzealous about it.

Awesome Points! That is the reason Airdog allows the younger players to play where every other field does not! We want the sport to grow and they are the next generation players!

Just wanted to make something clear...
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 01.07.09 23:39

reconsniperga wrote:
    Rhino wrote:
    Spectre wrote:

You must also understand that this is still a game, and we want these young kids out there so that our sport grows. We do not want to scare them away by shooting the from 5 feet away. It is exactly those kind of thoughts that are the reason for paintball dying as a sport. I personally want to see airsoft thrive, so please use good judgement and common sensewhen playing. Don't be stupid. It is just a game in the end. Just don't get overzealous about it.

Just wanted to make something clear...

Don't forget good judgement lol
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 02.07.09 4:32

I think everyone who entered the inaugural SAAL season as part of a team knew there would be some hiccups along the way. If not, your quite the optimist. As far as the "To MED or not to MED" question goes. No one will ever be satisfied. Me personally, I hate MED's. MED's take away from the game in my opinion. One of the single best fire fights I've ever been in happpened against a fellow team member in a game last August at PBO's, I still have the bb in my chin as a reminder. We were less than 25ft from each other just letting it rip. At the time I had on a full face shield, but as I cut to make a dash for other more favorable cover I took one up under the mask and called the hit. The aftermath, a little blood and a trophy. We still laugh about it to this day. However, when you have the younger player element involved, you have to let the MED play into it. There should be something to protect the younger players lest they get clobbered to the point of never wanting to play again. We all know that would suck.

I don't see any sense in changing a horse mid stream as far as this first SAAL goes, but for future SAAL seasons why not have somehting along the lines of: If both team captains agree (and all other team members are on boad) then the MED could be dropped for the duration of the game between the two teams. If however one team wants the MED in place, it stays. I know in the last game at Area-13, it made holding the zombie fort nearly impossible having to go semi while still trying to defend the objective. I bunkered somebody from DU, turned to see an advancing opponent, fired on semi (missing) then got hosed on full auto. I just sucked it up and went back to the respawn. I am in no way bagging on the refs, they did a great job. It's just something that should get a better look.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 02.07.09 7:19

Sorry I steered this off-topic! Embarassed

That said . . . the reason for MED is safety and LITIGATION . . . waivers mean precisely nothing in court . . .
    It is not about the team captains agreeing . . . it is about guys like Alpine getting to keep their house because someone does not come back and sue him or Airdog. The MED discussion is a moot point . . . it exists to help protect the host not the player.

Post  Guest 02.07.09 9:38

Tinman you know how to kill a good discussion lol!
    True enough this has gone far off topic, and I would suggest making another topic about it, but Tinman your last post sort sealed the deal on the discussion, I suppose it really isn't worth arguing about when it won't change, and is n place to legally protect the field operators.

Back to the main topic, I still dont think the question has been ansewered as to what happens when two knives come at eachother.

Also , lol! <=== why is it Goku from DragonBallZ that is holding this LOL sign?
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 02.07.09 9:58

Aggressor Dog wrote:Tinman you know how to kill a good discussion lol!

Some days it seems to be the only thing I can kill with extreme prejudice! lol! lol!
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 02.07.09 12:18

I really would like to know what happens when a person with a knife goes at a person with another knife and no one has a gun.

Also, why can't we carry lightsabers? Or at least plastic machetes? Or an E-tool?
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 02.07.09 12:44

I am sure they will have to be more specific and state "solid rubber training knives under 12" overall length" or something like that prior to the competition in order to prevent whatever craziness might ensue if they don't . . . affraid
    NJSC
    NJSC
    Admin

Post  NJSC 02.07.09 13:18

Yeah Alpine said no pirate swords or katanas.
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 02.07.09 18:15

Light Sabers FTW!!!!!!
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 02.07.09 18:27

XXX wrote:Light Sabers FTW!!!!!!

I concur. I believe that at some point during the game, there should be a massive lightsaber battle, and whoever wins gets ten points towards their SAAL score. lol
    XXX
    XXX

Post  XXX 02.07.09 18:40

That would be awesome, and if we cant do it during a game we should do it in the parking lot.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 02.07.09 18:42

Or during the open games lol.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 07.07.09 17:46

NJSC wrote:Shoot first ask questions later

Never bring a knife to a gun fight, Thats what I always say
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 07.07.09 17:48

Spectre wrote:I really would like to know what happens when a person with a knife goes at a person with another knife and no one has a gun.

Also, why can't we carry lightsabers? Or at least plastic machetes? Or an E-tool?

you have a plastic e-tool shovel?
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 07.07.09 22:31

Bulldog94 wrote:
    Spectre wrote:I really would like to know what happens when a person with a knife goes at a person with another knife and no one has a gun.

No but I have a real one

Last edited by Spectre on 08.07.09 17:03; edited 1 time in total
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 08.07.09 11:43

Spectre wrote:
    Bulldog94 wrote:

No but I have a real one that.

yeah so do I...
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 08.07.09 17:03

Bulldog94 wrote:
    Spectre wrote:
    Bulldog94 wrote:

No but I have a real one that.

yeah so do I...

Congrats
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 12.07.09 16:40

Alright, I'd like to appeal about Mac-11's. I personally feel that, especially if you take the stock completely off, they are classified as machine PISTOLs, and are therefore in the same category as Glock 18's and M93R's. Heck, you can add a stock to most pistols, and the Brits did it extensively to the old Hi-Powers, but does that mean that the Browning Hi-Power is a carbine? People have the misconception that they're submachineguns due to the fact that the original and more widespread MAC-10 is a SMG, and because KWA markets the M11 as a submachinegun. In reality, KWA's classification is more of a marketing gimmick than anything else (kinda like the "lipo-ready" gearbox). If people see it as a submachinegun, they see it as something they can use as a primary, and as an alternative to the more expensive GBBr's. Also, if you notice, the KWA M11 uses the KWA NS2 gas system - a PISTOL - gas system, and not the larger, more powerful Force Velocity Engine used in the MP7.

Here's a little info to back up my case:
    The Mac-11 is chambered in the .380 ACP, also known as 9mmx17mm. The .380 ACP is much too underpowered to be considered a round for use in a submachinegun, as it less than HALF the kinetic energy (about 200J) of most 9mmx19mm Parabellum cartridges (The "standard" 9mm cartridge, which shoots at about 550J depending on the specific cartridge.)

The Mac-11 is about 248mm with the stock collapes, and about 230mm with no stock attached, and a barrel length of. By comparison, the Glock 17L is 225mm, the M9 is 217 mm, USP .45 is 200mm, the M1911 is 210mm, and the Desert Eagle Mark XIX measures a whopping 273mm. By contrast, the other guns you lumped in that category are much larger. The MP7 is 415mm with the stock collapsed, and the Uzi is a massive 470mm with the stock collapsed.

The mag capacity (50 rounds) is the same that an extended Glock 18 and extended M93 mag is. In reality, it's no different internally than the KWA Glock 18 or KWA M93r II. Same gas system, same magazine capacity, roughly the same length. The RoF is about the same, but that won't matter since it's going to be used on semi only. So, If you remove the stock, the Mac-11 is definitively a pistol, and should therefore be allowed as one.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 12.07.09 16:58

okay one of my guys have this crappy spring walmart M4, it shoots the same as a shotgun and its power method is the same as the shotgun's. Can he use it during the game?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.05.24 2:21