Metro Atlanta Airsoft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network of airsofters in the Metro Atlanta area.

+19
Admin
Bulldog94
XXX
reconsniperga
Rhino
Q-bald
Spectre
navyseal1000
Tinman
weed
Takfire
{PWNY}Dragon
MagisterMortis
scooter
Radar
#CW!!ZERO
NJSC
Alpine
23 posters

SAAL Games RPG field (pistol knives shotgun's)

Spectre
    Spectre

SAAL Games RPG field (pistol knives shotgun's) - Page 4 Empty Re: SAAL Games RPG field (pistol knives shotgun's)

Post  Spectre 12.07.09 16:59

Admin wrote:Alright, I'd like to appeal about Mac-11's. I personally feel that, especially if you take the stock completely off, they are classified as machine PISTOLs, and are therefore in the same category as Glock 18's and M93R's. Heck, you can add a stock to most pistols, and the Brits did it extensively to the old Hi-Powers, but does that mean that the Browning Hi-Power is a carbine? People have the misconception that they're submachineguns due to the fact that the original and more widespread MAC-10 is a SMG, and because KWA markets the M11 as a submachinegun. In reality, KWA's classification is more of a marketing gimmick than anything else (kinda like the "lipo-ready" gearbox). If people see it as a submachinegun, they see it as something they can use as a primary, and as an alternative to the more expensive GBBr's. Also, if you notice, the KWA M11 uses the KWA NS2 gas system - a PISTOL - gas system, and not the larger, more powerful Force Velocity Engine used in the MP7.

Here's a little info to back up my case:
    The Mac-11 is chambered in the .380 ACP, also known as 9mmx17mm. The .380 ACP is much too underpowered to be considered a round for use in a submachinegun, as it less than HALF the kinetic energy (about 200J) of most 9mmx19mm Parabellum cartridges (The "standard" 9mm cartridge, which shoots at about 550J depending on the specific cartridge.)

The Mac-11 is about 248mm with the stock collapes, and about 230mm with no stock attached, and a barrel length of. By comparison, the Glock 17L is 225mm, the M9 is 217 mm, USP .45 is 200mm, the M1911 is 210mm, and the Desert Eagle Mark XIX measures a whopping 273mm. By contrast, the other guns you lumped in that category are much larger. The MP7 is 415mm with the stock collapsed, and the Uzi is a massive 470mm with the stock collapsed.

The mag capacity (50 rounds) is the same that an extended Glock 18 and extended M93 mag is. In reality, it's no different internally than the KWA Glock 18 or KWA M93r II. Same gas system, same magazine capacity, roughly the same length. The RoF is about the same, but that won't matter since it's going to be used on semi only. So, If you remove the stock, the Mac-11 is definitively a pistol, and should therefore be allowed as one.

I second this motion. Even if you want to argue that it is still a SMG, there are no distinct advantages that a Mac 11 provides. It is inaccurate, prone to jamming, and altogether, relatively unreliable. I have actually noticed the airsoft version to share many of these traits that it's big brother has, so I believe that there is no reason it should not be allowed, with the provision that it is only used on semi-automatic.
    Tinman
    Tinman

SAAL Games RPG field (pistol knives shotgun's) - Page 4 Empty Re: SAAL Games RPG field (pistol knives shotgun's)

Post  Tinman 12.07.09 17:40

We could also argue for the 7.4v Scorpion with it's low cap 50rd stick mag. Then, we should be able to allow it to have the drum mags too because, after all, it is now ruled a "pistol."
    Somewhere, someone is arguing for corked bats in baseball and, after all, then an aluminum bat is still a bat too . . .
    Ridiculous?? Maybe but, A SLIPPERY SLOPE ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE A SLIPPERY SLOPE!
    IMHO no SMP should be ruled a pistol because they are different and there are plenty of games in which they can be used. "Knives, Pistols, and Shotguns only" is pretty easy to follow and should make for a very fun and very different game. Variety is, after all, the spice of life! Just my .02

Post  Guest 12.07.09 19:13

The fact of the matter is that the KWA Mac11 has the same, if not worse, and Im willing to say easily worse, performance than your average Gas pistol. On the otherhand, the Skorpion is another matter. When you say that something like a gas mac11 on semi auto should be allowed, its no where close to arguing that the Skorpion should be allowed. The proof is in the trajectory alone.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 12.07.09 19:34

Aggressor Dog wrote:The fact of the matter is that the KWA Mac11 has the same, if not worse, and Im willing to say easily worse, performance than your average Gas pistol. On the otherhand, the Skorpion is another matter. When you say that something like a gas mac11 on semi auto should be allowed, its no where close to arguing that the Skorpion should be allowed. The proof is in the trajectory alone.

It is just an illustration . . . at some point there has to be a strict definition of:
    Pistol-that does not mean an SMP
    Shotgun-that does not mean I can build the mechanism of and semi LPEG or pistol into the plastic shell of one and then say it is like a Rem 1100
    Knife-that does not mean bokken or light-sabers

I will just leave it to the powers that be to decide . . .
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 12.07.09 19:49

If it performs the same function as a pistol (same or lesser performance in the case of the mac 11), then there is no reason that it could not be considered a pistol for this game.

Tell me this, what advantage does a mac 11 have over any other pistol when it is shooting semi?
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 12.07.09 20:42

I guess it is the American disease. Everyone wants to be the exception to the rule. Here lies the big problem: Every time you grant one exception to the rule you have to then consider another. The problem this presents, as illustrated in this forum thread, is that everyone wants their own exception. At some point you either say no exceptions, or spend all your time hearing all the special cases and no time playing airsoft.
    Q-bald
    Q-bald

Post  Q-bald 12.07.09 21:01

frog wrote:I guess it is the American disease. Everyone wants to be the exception to the rule. Here lies the big problem: Every time you grant one exception to the rule you have to then consider another. The problem this presents, as illustrated in this forum thread, is that everyone wants their own exception. At some point you either say no exceptions, or spend all your time hearing all the special cases and no time playing airsoft. This, gentlemen, is why your parents said, "BECAUSE I SAID SO!"

Please don't make the Airdog staff regret this whole league idea by whining them to death.

Well said....
    frog
    frog

Post  frog 12.07.09 21:11

Spectre wrote:In all honesty, this has nothing to do with a special exception, and everything to do with a logical conclusion. However, you are probably right in that we should stop debating it and see what Alpine has to say on the matter.

You mean reaching a logical conclusion for your special exception? Call it what you want, but you are still looking for an exception to what Alpine already stated. You can paint it up really shiny and cover it with flowers, but in the end, no matter what words, such as logical conclusion or rules clarification, all these things are exceptions to what was stated.

From Alpine:
    No it can be spring,gas,aep.The only requirements are that they fire semi auto and have to be a pistol form no Sub's such as mp7 or m11a1's or uzi's will be allowed.Knives have to be plastic such as cold steel training knives no sharp C.I.A stuff.And shotguns can be multi fire but if you have one of the m500 copies please use good judgment on M.E.D as they shoot pretty hard.

To say you are looking for a logical conclusion is to say Alpine used no logic in making this statement.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 12.07.09 21:19

frog wrote:To say you are looking for a logical conclusion is to say Alpine used no logic in making this statement.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO CALL THEIR HIT! lol! lol! lol!
    You sound like my rhetorical theory professor in college . . .
    logic is a rather potent weapon in and of itself . . .
    Takfire
    Takfire

Post  Takfire 12.07.09 21:42

Thanks for the input guys and active debate.
    SMG performance and the similarities with AEPs and GBB Pistols are understood.
    Please understand that this is our first tourny with the pistol, knife and shotgun concept.
    The key points for the game format are lowered FPS and semi-auto firing mode.

Let's give it a run with the current guidelines then tweek for future events.
    In the end we will consider all player inputs, as the SAAL was developed for the players.

Respectfully,

Tak
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post  Spectre 13.07.09 0:00

Aggressor Dog wrote:Just to add in my two cents on the argument, lets try and not take it TOO personally here. Remember, the point of a discussion is to reach a conclusion, not to prove who is better at arguing. Please keep the RESPECT alive here fellas.

Agreed, there is no need to try to create a battle where there was only lively debate before.
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 13.07.09 6:14

Spectre wrote:
    Aggressor Dog wrote:Just to add in my two cents on the argument, lets try and not take it TOO personally here. Remember, the point of a discussion is to reach a conclusion, not to prove who is better at arguing. Please keep the RESPECT alive here fellas.

Agreed, there is no need to try to create a battle where there was only lively debate before.

Guys . . . "lively debate" sometimes means getting owned when there is a lapse in your postulated logic . . . there is nothing personal here at all. I have known FROG for years and I DO NOT LIKE BEING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DEBATE WITH FROG . . . he is VERY sharp mentally and loves a "lively debate" as do I.
    When we play airsoft you cannot say that it has "gotten personal" when you take a hit and you cannot here either. Just because FROG argued against your postulate that it was about the particular gun and chose to "flank you" by using an angle of engagement based on the overall issue of a "weapon-by-weapon" approval approach does not equal "personal" OR to failing to "keep the RESPECT alive" . . . it means he used sound logic and "got the drop on you," don't mistake it for something personal at all . . . cuz it ain't. And you cannot say that the "point of a discussion is to reach a conclusion" if you are unwilling to accept in some arguments that an initial theorum was flawed ad needs to be re-examined or dropped altogether. Sometimes the conclusion of an argument IS that the theorum was untenable!
    It is by very definition what makes for a "lively debate!"

Post  Guest 13.07.09 7:37

Our pining utter bleeding desire to be unique and special exceptions to the rule stems from this little motivation of our team only having 3 fieldable weapons for this event. However, we do have two KWA Mac11s. If those were allowed on semi, we would be able to play. If not, we have to make a mad scramble to borrow guns and gas from other players.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 13.07.09 8:13

Aggressor Dog wrote: Its called the StickMan Argument, look it up.

I think you mean "straw man argument" . . . don't have to "look it up." Wink

Cannot speak for Frog but you, by definition, are asking to be the exception for the express purpose of being able to play without any arsenal changes.
    No problem with that . . . it is just not how the argument was stated. If you need a shout-out to get some loaner weapons I think this is a close-enough-knit group to get some loaners for the day.
    Cannot speak for any of the rest of my crew but I have two cyma glocks we'd be willing to loan you guys if we are not the ones going up against you . . . no worries there!
    I would imagine others would do the same.

Last edited by Tinman on 13.07.09 8:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding emphasis to loan offer)
    Alpine
    Alpine

Post  Alpine 13.07.09 8:22

What it all comes down to is the option of weapons we are talking about.If you have a glock 18c fine it's pistol form and shoots semi bring it. If you have a beretta m93r shoots semi and is pistol form bring it.I'm just trying to keep this a simple game for pistol's knives and shotgun's.You can pull the stock off of a Ics m4 and put a short front end on it and a warhead 9mm convertion kit and call it a m4 pistol but it is still an aeg.Just like pulling the stock off of a m11 it's still a smg with out a stock. so please for the sake of people getting all worked up let's keep this to the weapons as stated.Pistol's knives and shotguns.No smg's and no grenade launchers, lightsabers,ninja swords E-tools,pirate cutlass,or battle axe's, bolo's or boomerangs. If it's a pistol knive or shotgun bring it.
    MagisterMortis
    MagisterMortis

Post  MagisterMortis 13.07.09 8:55

Ahhhhh Hell, I just had the local blacksmith put the finishing touches on my custom made battle axe for RPG. Thanks a lot Alpine, you just ruined my week. Oh, that was a joke in case anyone decides to nut up.

Tood / MagisterMortis
    SAAL Games RPG field (pistol knives shotgun's) - Page 4 Mare16
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 13.07.09 9:03

MagisterMortis wrote:Ahhhhh Hell, I just had the local blacksmith put the finishing touches on my custom made battle axe for RPG. Thanks a lot Alpine, you just ruined my week. Oh, that was a joke in case anyone decides to nut up.

Tood / MagisterMortis
    SAAL Games RPG field (pistol knives shotgun's) - Page 4 Mare16
    lol! lol! lol! lol!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 13.07.09 9:35

Thread reopened. Mac-11 argument is over. The reason I brought it up was because the only fieldable weapons our team has are two borrowed UTG tri-shots and a UTG springer shotgun. The two Mac-11's would make it five. But thanks to Tinman for offering to lend us the CYMA glocks, and thanks for letting us borrow that battery and connector at game 2. And for the chicken sandwiches at OCD wars.
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 13.07.09 14:25

S IT AT RENEGADE PAINTBALL NEWNAN? OR RADICAL PAINTBALL NEWNAN?
    Rhino
    Rhino

Post  Rhino 13.07.09 14:35

Bulldog94 wrote:S IT AT RENEGADE PAINTBALL NEWNAN? OR RADICAL PAINTBALL NEWNAN?

Radical
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 13.07.09 14:38

Rhino wrote:
    Bulldog94 wrote:S IT AT RENEGADE PAINTBALL NEWNAN? OR RADICAL PAINTBALL NEWNAN?

Radical

thanks rhino!
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 13.07.09 15:22

Admin wrote: And for the chicken sandwiches at OCD wars.

lol! lol! lol! lol!
    Gotta share the $1 McChicken luv!!!
    Bulldog94
    Bulldog94

Post  Bulldog94 13.07.09 15:24

Tinman wrote:
    Admin wrote: And for the chicken sandwiches at OCD wars.

lol! lol! lol! lol!
    Gotta share the $1 McChicken luv!!!

that was random don't you think?
    Tinman
    Tinman

Post  Tinman 13.07.09 15:38

Bulldog94 wrote:that was random don't you think?

Only if you were not at the game and did not see them eating the one that fell on the ground . . . cannot remember if it was Paul or Josh who wound up eating that one!
    His point was just that in spite of differing posts/viewpoints we have a ton of fun and share everything including the occasional McChicken that winds up in the dirt!
    cheers cheers cheers
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin 13.07.09 15:45

Tinman wrote:
    Bulldog94 wrote:that was random don't you think?

Only if you were not at the game and did not see them eating the one that fell on the ground . . . cannot remember if it was Paul or Josh who wound up eating that one!
    His point was just that in spite of differing posts/viewpoints we have a ton of fun and share everything including the occasional McChicken that winds up in the dirt!
    cheers cheers cheers
    Hey, that was Paul. (but only because he got to it first!)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19.05.24 2:48